Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:36:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM Official Non-Moderated Thread [Updates & Discussion]  (Read 75601 times)
Totem22

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:54:30 AM

there wasn't really incentive for anyone to create legions of accounts for the purpose of taking extra NEM

wrong. the amount of extra money i have made due to early sockpuppet accounts (too easy to even talk about it) in supposedly "fair" and "nicely distributed NEM" is the epitome of ridiculous. several thousand USD completely for free. thank u guys and most importantly thank u utopianfuture for pulling this utter community betray off in the first place Smiley

special thx to utopianfuture for the idea of trading nemstakes on nxt ae and actually sending the nemstakes to me, himself and the others who took a profit in NEM before any release whatsoever. SORRY to the majority who suffer(s)/(ed), but our gain is ur loss Lips sealed

What are your socks? No one seems to have many Tokens so far.  AE price is stable and no dumping neither.
KLONE::Vader

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:06:56 AM

i dont think that there are people with more than 10 stakes generated with socks...

striker7334

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:22:30 AM

The amount of trolling you do against NEM is pretty funny but I have to ask CfA don't you have anything better to do? I mean we get your point and we obviously don't care because as you can see NEM still lives on so what the point in wasting yours and our time?
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:10:47 AM

Meanwhile, devs are working really hard to get everything ready for the alpha. Remember, there are only 9 days left!
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:21:40 AM

The amount of trolling you do against NEM is pretty funny but I have to ask CfA don't you have anything better to do?

What's the difference between that and Nem troll TaunSew who has been posting similar crap on Nxt threads? That's even more hypocritical  given Nem is using Nxt AE allowing Nxt whales to buy large chunk of Nem stakes

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
Trollollo

Activity: 539

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:28:45 AM

Some people are crazy Grin ;DSo much fud here about NEM before launch...This project will live loooong and happy life.Here was many sock puppets,and some people made good money on this.
A lot of these sock puppets sold their stakes via asset exchange,and we have FAIR distribution of stakes,and no one will say after 6-7 months about unfair distribution like for NXT.

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
NEMergizer

Activity: 313
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:47:28 AM

Can the Proof-of-Importance help in making transaction/block confirmation faster? To be lower than a mint per block. Something like 30 seconds?
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:19:34 AM

Can the Proof-of-Importance help in making transaction/block confirmation faster? To be lower than a mint per block. Something like 30 seconds?

No, I don't think so.

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 07:24:51 AM

Hey everyone, check out news.nemcoin.com

Use it to learn the most up-to-date news regarding NEM.

It features facebook and twitter timelines so you can see all our news outlets in one place.

And make sure to check it out tomorrow, and the next day, it is still a work in progress, and it's getting better every day.

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
KLONE::Vader

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:27:03 AM

Some people are crazy Grin ;DSo much fud here about NEM before launch...This project will live loooong and happy life.Here was many sock puppets,and some people made good money on this.
A lot of these sock puppets sold their stakes via asset exchange,and we have FAIR distribution of stakes,and no one will say after 6-7 months about unfair distribution like for NXT.

yes... it doesnt matter if there are accounts with 10 or 20 stakes. Important is, that there is no single person holding 500 or 1000.

gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 07:37:07 AM

since the troll is sleeping let me remind you this:

hint:
1. if you have even slightest assumption someone might be a troll, please, do not quote, not even the new ones, do not get provoked.
2. use the ignore button, simple as that
3. instead of getting involved in soap opera we have a chance of getting involved in real cryptocurrency development. One shouldn't even be able to say those things in same sentence.

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
zsuhsl

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:39:45 AM

Meanwhile, devs are working really hard to get everything ready for the alpha. Remember, there are only 9 days left!
Can't wait.
Thank all core devs for their hard work!
crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 07:43:53 AM

hint:
1. if you have even slightest assumption someone might be a troll, please, do not quote, not even the new ones, do not get provoked.
3. instead of getting involved in soap opera we have a chance of getting involved in real cryptocurrency development. One shouldn't even be able to say those things in same sentence.

Can not be stressed enough. He's relentless and doesn't seem to sleep much, it's a bad combo.
Pretend he doesn't exist, and pretty soon he won't.

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:56:44 AM

hint:

Can not be stressed enough. He's relentless and doesn't seem to sleep much, it's a bad combo.
Pretend he doesn't exist, and pretty soon he won't.

I'll even give this a 3rd bump on one page.

REMEMBER! PEOPLE THAT ARE QUOTING HIM AND ENGAGING IN DISCUSSION WITH THIS SUBHUMAN MORON ARE JUST AS RESPONSIBLE FOR HIM TROLLING THIS THREAD AS THE MORON HIMSELF !

zsuhsl

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:03:32 AM

Why I just sold 50% of my bitcoins: GHash.IO

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/281ftd/why_i_just_sold_50_of_my_bitcoins_ghashio/
patmast3r

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:10:37 AM

And this is only one reason why bitcoin needs to be replaced.

Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:33:10 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 08:45:57 AM by Thingamajig

yup. i got into crypto's late last year, but from my analysis i deemed bitcoin and PoW a bigger risk than anything else. Proof of Stake was a nice alternative but Nxt's launch and ipo was less than ideal. pos also poses its own problems, namely that of whales and hording - which in the end, leads to centralization, poor adoption, and manipulation.

this is why NEM intrigues me the most - the proof of importance (that i prefer to call proof of interest) if, comes to fruitition, will really cause a stir the crypto world needs. we need to encourage spending, not hording; POI is (so far) the best bet for this. this really CANNOT be understated and for the sake of NEMs longevity it would be good if we think of ways to enhance the POI method to better accomplish this. if POI makes it easier for the end user to use, services and retailers will naturally crop up.

The money needs to keep flowing and moving to make a currency viable. FIAT accomplishes it by printing that leads to inflation/deflation with all the associated dire risks.
patmast3r

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:44:25 AM

yup. i got into crypto's late last year, but from my analysis i deemed bitcoin and PoW a bigger risk than anything else. Proof of Stake was a nice alternative but Nxt's launch and ipo was less than ideal. pos also poses its own problems, namely that of whales and hording.

this is why NEM intrigues me the most - the proof of importance (that i prefer to call proof of interest) if, comes to fruitition, will really cause a stir the crypto world needs. we need to encourage spending, not hording; POI is (so far) the best bet for this. this really CANNOT be understated and for the sake of NEMs longevity it would be good if we think of ways to enhance the POI method to better accomplish this.

The money needs to keep flowing and moving to make a currency viable. FIAT accomplishes it by printing that leads to inflation/deflation with all the associated dire risks.

POI will definitely be further improved not only with the data collected from the alpha but also with maybe new ideas like making PON a bigger factor.
I'm really looking forward to the data analysis that I'm sure will happen with data from the open alpha. POI needs to be tested to be finished. Finding the right balanca can only happen if we collect as much data as possible.

sottymax

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:44:57 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 08:58:06 AM by sottymax

yup. i got into crypto's late last year, but from my analysis i deemed bitcoin and PoW a bigger risk than anything else. Proof of Stake was a nice alternative but Nxt's launch and ipo was less than ideal. pos also poses its own problems, namely that of whales and hording.

this is why NEM intrigues me the most - the proof of importance (that i prefer to call proof of interest) if, comes to fruitition, will really cause a stir the crypto world needs. we need to encourage spending, not hording; POI is (so far) the best bet for this. this really CANNOT be understated and for the sake of NEMs longevity it would be good if we think of ways to enhance the POI method to better accomplish this.

PoI is definitely a way forward.  Does NEM have transparent forging?
MartiniBlanco

Activity: 647
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:48:45 AM

I got into crypto's late last year, but from my analysis i deemed bitcoin and PoW a bigger risk than anything else. Proof of Stake was a nice alternative but Nxt's launch and ipo was less than ideal. pos also poses its own problems, namely that of whales and hording.

I like the idea of NEM and POI.
Can someone explain to me the difference between POI and Reddcoins approach of POSV?
http://www.reddcoin.com/papers/PoSV.pdf
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: