Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:25:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM Official Non-Moderated Thread [Updates & Discussion]  (Read 75601 times)
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:29:41 PM

I would like to propose a self-moderated thread again.

I am 100% for free speech, however, free speech does not entail trolling. I'm afraid people misunderstand this because they also misunderstand what freedom means. Freedom entails some kind of self-imposed limitations. We are free in so far as we don't intentionally wrong our neighbor. We simply cannot enter someone's house and kill them or destroy their home and claim we have done it in the name of our freedom. We are not free to do such things and if we do them we have to pay a big price for that. Similarly, with free speech, we are free to express our opinions and thoughts, even disagree and criticize whatever we want but that freedom becomes the seed of destruction when in the name of free speech we allow people to deliberately and intentionally troll and destroy our hard work(without paying any price).

This is not freedom, it looks more like madness and there seems to be a great incentive on the internet for people to do that, because at least for now, they don't have to pay any price for their deeds however dreadful they may be. I am not interested in political correctness, I'm only interested in what is right and what is wrong, and allowing trolls to run free in our "home" seems obviously wrong.

If we have a self-moderated thread it does not mean we will delete every comment which criticizes or disagrees with us. As long as this is done with a minimal degree of decency every discussion is welcomed. But trolling should never be allowed just because the system we use is to dumb to find a way to penalize such behaviour.

So what shall it be fellow Nemsters, right or wrong? Remember, whatever our decision we will be the ones who will suffer the effect or consequence.

Take my hand, Dear Friend! I'm absolutely agree with You! We have to erase from NEM THREAD dirty ass like c.f. ass and gorillajim and so on...

I agree. It is sensible approach. Trolls will have to make new threads spend all of their living minutes to keep them on the first page  Grin Cheesy Grin

+1 . i am all for free speech but if these clowns were at a public meeting, they would have been ejected long ago
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:32:38 PM

I am 100% for free speech, however, free speech does not entail trolling. I'm afraid people misunderstand this because they also misunderstand what freedom means. Freedom entails some kind of self-imposed limitations. We are free in so far as we don't intentionally wrong our neighbor. We simply cannot enter someone's house and kill them or destroy their home and claim we have done it in the name of our freedom. We are not free to do such things and if we do them we have to pay a big price for that. Similarly, with free speech, we are free to express our opinions and thoughts, even disagree and criticize whatever we want but that freedom becomes the seed of destruction when in the name of free speech we allow people to deliberately and intentionally troll and destroy our hard work(without paying any price).

This is not freedom, it looks more like madness and there seems to be a great incentive on the internet for people to do that, because at least for now, they don't have to pay any price for their deeds however dreadful they may be. I am not interested in political correctness, I'm only interested in what is right and what is wrong, and allowing trolls to run free in our "home" seems obviously wrong.

If we have a self-moderated thread it does not mean we will delete every comment which criticizes or disagrees with us. As long as this is done with a minimal degree of decency every discussion is welcomed. But trolling should never be allowed just because the system we use is to dumb to find a way to penalize such behaviour.

So what shall it be fellow Nemsters, right or wrong? Remember, whatever our decision we will be the ones who will suffer the effect or consequence.

I genuinely believe support for a self-moderated topic is a farce. From what i can see, there's a number of users in this thread that use similar mannerisms and sentence structure to our beloved Come-From-Above; implying that, there's a good chance he's using multiple accounts to peddle an agenda.

From what i can gather, i think support for a self-moderated topic -- if carried through -- will just simply be used as ammunition for the troll(s) and their accounts once it's done; hence why the idea is supported.

The best course of action, is, again, stop acknowledging suspicious users. Don't quote them, don't reply to them, dont give them the spotlight they so desperately seek. Only constructive posts, and legitimate idea's and criticisms should be responded to. For the record though, I am neither for or against a self-moderated topic. What i am for is a bit of community cohesion to see through the blatent trolls. This subject has already been given more attention then it deserves.

An alternative that i can think of is moving all discussion to the main NEM forums, if people are that concerned.
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:43:31 PM

I genuinely believe support for a self-moderated topic is a farce. From what i can see, there's a number of users in this thread that use similar mannerisms and sentence structure to our beloved Come-From-Above; implying that, there's a good chance he's using multiple accounts to peddle an agenda.

From what i can gather, i think support for a self-moderated topic -- if carried through -- will just simply be used as ammunition for the troll(s) and their accounts once it's done; hence why the idea is supported.

The best course of action, is, again, stop acknowledging suspicious users. Don't quote them, don't reply to them, dont give them the spotlight they so desperately seek. Only constructive posts, and legitimate idea's and criticisms should be responded to. For the record though, I am neither for or against a self-moderated topic. What i am for is a bit of community cohesion to see through the blatent trolls. This subject has already been given more attention then it deserves.

An alternative that i can think of is moving all discussion to the main NEM forums, if people are that concerned.

As we can see option 1 does not work. Option 2 is actually not an option for us at the moment.
sevenyears26

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:48:57 PM

Someone who wants to peddle their own agenda has every right to start their own thread (which CFA's already has) and do what they will . That doesn't mean we should put up with with these activities on OUR space. There is a line between free speech and slander. Most of is are reasonable people and I can't see many being opposed to putting a stop to these childish posts. This is supposed to be. Place for adults and some have not proven their puberty .

Nem Beta: TAQJE7-B37VGQ-HX7JBK-LTBAG7-D7BZUJ-YTO4IP-LLEF
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:51:39 PM

+1 NEM need Self moderated topic because only this way can defend the scam. Censor freedom of speech and public IP address of all users!

NEM New Economy Movement ! Work for my stakes communist slaves! On the highway to my financial freedom! TOGETHER ENRICH US!

chris_m

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:54:32 PM

If we have a self-moderated thread it does not mean we will delete every comment which criticizes or disagrees with us. As long as this is done with a minimal degree of decency every discussion is welcomed. But trolling should never be allowed just because the system we use is too dumb to find a way to penalize such behaviour.

Nice speech buddy. I totally agree with you on above your comments. I would disregard all those nonsense which wont impact my decision at all.
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:56:41 PM

Someone who wants to peddle their own agenda has every right to start their own thread (which CFA's already has) and do what they will . That doesn't mean we should put up with with these activities on OUR space. There is a line between free speech and slander. Most of is are reasonable people and I can't see many being opposed to putting a stop to these childish posts. This is supposed to be. Place for adults and some have not proven their puberty .

Yes, i agree. Nonetheless i'm just stating what i think the consequences could be. Seeing as the previous thread was self-moderated (and not censored, to the dismay of trolls) doing so again is hardly against NEM's interests.

I merely state what i do purely so any spectators know we've weighed up the outcomes. As i've already stated i'm not fussed what way we go given the current circumstances. All we need to ensure is, if it is self-moderated, it's done so with freedom of speech in mind. It was accomplished before, it can be done again. Ideally, we wouldn't moderate the topic - of which i'd be very content with - but we're not being given much options.
From Above

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:58:32 PM

+1 NEM need Self moderated topic because only this way can defend the scam. Censor freedom of speech and public IP address of all users!

NEM New Economy Movement ! Work for my stakes communist slaves! On the highway to my financial freedom! TOGETHER ENRICH US!

the amount of extra money i have made due to early sockpuppet accounts (too easy to even talk about it) in supposedly "fair" and "nicely distributed NEM" is the epitome of ridiculous. several thousand USD completely for free. thank u guys and most importantly thank u utopianfuture for pulling this utter community betray off in the first place  Cool

special thx to utopianfuture for the idea of trading nemstakes on nxt ae and actually sending the nemstakes to me, himself and the others who took a profit in NEM before any release whatsoever. SORRY to the majority who suffer(s)/(ed), but our gain is ur loss.

i love NEM.  Beyond Bitcoin the Shitcoin! let the money flow in my pockets. gotta love NEM communism hidden capitalst agenda to enrich the leaders and multi-stakeholders. FOR THE WIN.

work for me, my beloved slaves.

ApexEvo

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:03:36 PM

I think we should go self-moderated but put in OP a link to our unmoderated threat for criticism and trolling.
That would made NEM more transparent and honest, and we wouldnt have to be annoyed by mental patients all the time.

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.TWITTER.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TELEGRAM

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████     
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
.SLACK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
REDDIT
f
.FACEBOOK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
LINKEDIN

From Above

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:04:53 PM

I think we should go self-moderated but put in OP a link to our unmoderated threat for criticism and trolling.
That would made NEM more transparent and honest, and we wouldnt have to be annoyed by mental patients all the time.

no, self-moderated thread all the way Plz. kick out all the subhumans and make centralised thread only permitting one-side view. dont be weak and do a fifty fifty. NEM need no privacy. NEM need money inflow obviously

Totem22

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:06:22 PM

the amount of extra money i have made due to early sockpuppet accounts (too easy to even talk about it) in supposedly "fair" and "nicely distributed NEM" is the epitome of ridiculous. several thousand USD completely for free. thank u guys and most importantly thank u utopianfuture for pulling this utter community betray off in the first place  Cool

special thx to utopianfuture for the idea of trading nemstakes on nxt ae and actually sending the nemstakes to me, himself and the others who took a profit in NEM before any release whatsoever. SORRY to the majority who suffer(s)/(ed), but our gain is ur loss.

i love NEM.  Beyond Bitcoin the Shitcoin! let the money flow in my pockets. gotta love NEM communism hidden capitalst agenda to enrich the leaders and multi-stakeholders. FOR THE WIN.

Who is suffering? Every stakeholder made money and if not they can still request refund since the development contract is not finalized. But I doubt anyone would do it.

NEM attraction is irresistible since more and people are buying in this awesome movement  Grin Cheesy Grin
From Above

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:06:44 PM

the amount of extra money i have made due to early sockpuppet accounts (too easy to even talk about it) in supposedly "fair" and "nicely distributed NEM" is the epitome of ridiculous. several thousand USD completely for free. thank u guys and most importantly thank u utopianfuture for pulling this utter community betray off in the first place  Cool

Who is suffering? Every stakeholder made money and if not they can still request refund since the development contract is not finalized. But I doubt anyone would do it.

NEM attraction is irresistible since more and people are buying in this awesome movement  Grin Cheesy Grin

+1 u nail it my friend
NEM to Uranus! Beyond Bitcoin and Nxt the Shitcoins!

feina24h

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:09:34 PM

you had socketpuppet accounts? it shows how much honest you are, people like you are a scum of bitcointalk.

Fair Launch, No Premine and Active Devs = Logicoin
mr smith

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:09:41 PM

If we have a self-moderated thread it does not mean we will delete every comment which criticizes or disagrees with us. As long as this is done with a minimal degree of decency every discussion is welcomed. But trolling should never be allowed just because the system we use is too dumb to find a way to penalize such behaviour.

Self Mod it is then the sooner the better  Smiley

New Economy Movement
Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
From Above

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:11:45 PM

you had socketpuppet accounts? it shows how much honest you are, people like you are a scum of bitcointalk.

u hadnt? who hasnt sockpuppet accounts in Nem is obviously stupid and missed out on free money.
ask urself why u are here. for money. so u dont take money if u can take it? Ouch dude ouch.

+1 submoderated thread. FUCK freedom of speech. kick out the subhuman fudspreaders.

mr smith

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:13:35 PM

Self Mod it is then the sooner the better  Smiley
tick tock

New Economy Movement
Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
Totem22

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:13:42 PM

Likely not and that's reason he is being mental   Cheesy
feina24h

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:13:46 PM

u hadnt? who hasnt sockpuppet accounts in Nem is obviously stupid and missed out on free money.
ask urself why u are here. for money. so u dont take money if u can take it? Ouch dude ouch.

You are like a prostitute who sell his soul for money, i saw your other thread yesterday where you were praising NEM and now you are crying like a little bitch, Grow up.

Fair Launch, No Premine and Active Devs = Logicoin
From Above

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:16:14 PM

You are like a prostitute who sell his soul for money, i saw your other thread yesterday where you were praising NEM and now you are crying like a little bitch, Grow up.

New Economy Money. if u dont like this agenda then leave the project. we are here to enrich ourselves.

this is not a place for weak morals.

Totem22

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:24:23 PM

+1 submoderated thread. FUCK freedom of speech. kick out the subhuman fudspreaders.

C-f-A mined a million Bitcoin in 2009 and he sent 5 BTC to Nxt genesis block too. So money. Such a whale  Grin Cheesy Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: