Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:04:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 228 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [START] StartCOIN 2.0 - The digital currency for crowdfunding  (Read 538816 times)
BankToTheFuture

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 02:56:04 PM

I believe you can still sell Startcoin 1 on MCXNOW where they are still trading, but there was a deadline for converting to StartCOIN 2. Hope that helps.

What a great way to screw people, launch coin1 make them buy it with false announcement then switch to coin2 and left those who don't follow sitting on a worthless investment.
Why they hell did they do that? What are the differences between startcoin1 and startcoin2 Huh??

Karl Gray and Max Keiser shame on you scammers!

There were problems with the technology with Start 1 which are in this forum thread and because blocks kept getting stuck they had to implement a new coin with new technology. It is really unfortunate that you got stuck on the wrong side of this, but I don't believe there was any deliberate attempt to scam people. The new coin is working. Perhaps you could contact StartJOIN support and see what the options are?
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LeChatNoir

Activity: 699
Merit: 501

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 03:04:21 PM

I believe you can still sell Startcoin 1 on MCXNOW where they are still trading, but there was a deadline for converting to StartCOIN 2. Hope that helps.

What a great way to screw people, launch coin1 make them buy it with false announcement then switch to coin2 and left those who don't follow sitting on a worthless investment.
Why they hell did they do that? What are the differences between startcoin1 and startcoin2 Huh??

Karl Gray and Max Keiser shame on you scammers!

There were problems with the technology with Start 1 which are in this forum thread and because blocks kept getting stuck they had to implement a new coin with new technology. It is really unfortunate that you got stuck on the wrong side of this, but I don't believe there was any deliberate attempt to scam people. The new coin is working. Perhaps you could contact StartJOIN support and see what the options are?

If they didn't intend to scam people why did they set a timeline for swapping old coins with new ones ??
Is this how they thank their supporters?

SomethingSomething

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 10:22:21 PM

tried to play an arb last night...and lost all my startcoins...apparently ...didnt know STARTCOIN 1 on MCXNOW and STARTCOIN (which is STARTCOIN 2 im assuming) on Bittrex are different...

Normally i wouldnt give a shit about things like this...playing arbs is risky...and yes...i was looking for a quick profit...but for the sake of real investors in this coin...in the process of researching WHY exactly i lost my coins ...I couldnt help but notice the LACK OF DIRECTION the coin and its associated exchanges gave to this lil switcheroo...basically i had to be told in the troll box that i had lost my coins, not to mention being told i wasnt the first to do this and DEF not the last...

if i had been someone who actually invested in the coin...this would have been detrimental

Oh well...thanks for letting me vent a lil

and go fuck yourself startcoin

MCXNOW...would be nice to HAVE A FUCKING WARNING

BITTREX...i love you darling but sometimes i feel like slapping a bitch

LESSON LEARNED: DO NOT TRY TO SEND YOUR START1 TO A START 2 wallet...AND APPARENTLY DONT EXPECT THE EXCHANGES TO TELL YOU WHAT WALLET THEY HAVE...AND ARB PLAYS ARE HEALTHY FOR THE MARKET, BUT FUCKING RISKY MATES>>

OH AND CHANGE AND/OR CLARIFY THE FUCKING EXCHANGE LINKS ON THIS ANN PAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BankToTheFuture

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 11:12:13 PM

tried to play an arb last night...and lost all my startcoins...apparently ...didnt know STARTCOIN 1 on MCXNOW and STARTCOIN (which is STARTCOIN 2 im assuming) on Bittrex are different...

Normally i wouldnt give a shit about things like this...playing arbs is risky...and yes...i was looking for a quick profit...but for the sake of real investors in this coin...in the process of researching WHY exactly i lost my coins ...I couldnt help but notice the LACK OF DIRECTION the coin and its associated exchanges gave to this lil switcheroo...basically i had to be told in the troll box that i had lost my coins, not to mention being told i wasnt the first to do this and DEF not the last...

if i had been someone who actually invested in the coin...this would have been detrimental

LESSON LEARNED: DO NOT TRY TO SEND YOUR START1 TO A START 2 wallet...AND APPARENTLY DONT EXPECT THE EXCHANGES TO TELL YOU WHAT WALLET THEY HAVE...AND ARB PLAYS ARE HEALTHY FOR THE MARKET, BUT FUCKING RISKY MATES>>

OH AND CHANGE AND/OR CLARIFY THE FUCKING EXCHANGE LINKS ON THIS ANN PAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it is really bad that MCXNOW is continuing to trade START 1 without telling anybody the coin has discontinued. You won't be the last to do this.

MCXNOW seriously need to stop trading in START 1
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1701

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 11:26:09 PM

Is it still possible to exchange Startcoin 1 for Startcoin 2 ?

I started mining Startcoin 1 when it was first released with high hopes for its future and actually purchased Scrypt mining equipment to dedicate to mining Startcoin 1. Now that Startcoin 2 is x11 - I'm basically mining other crypto-coins instead - I guess I'll re-evaluate Startcoins future potential...

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
BankToTheFuture

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 11:46:09 PM

I started mining Startcoin 1 when it was first released with high hopes for its future and actually purchased Scrypt mining equipment to dedicate to mining Startcoin 1. Now that Startcoin 2 is x11 - I'm basically mining other crypto-coins instead - I guess I'll re-evaluate Startcoins future potential...

The deadline to exchange the coins passed at the end of August unfortunately.
LeChatNoir

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 07:16:59 AM

I think it is really bad that MCXNOW is continuing to trade START 1 without telling anybody the coin has discontinued. You won't be the last to do this.

MCXNOW seriously need to stop trading in START 1

RealSolid "TheScammer" is gone again so there is actually nobody in charge that can stop the trading, that exchange is on autopilot.

LeChatNoir

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 07:18:14 AM

The deadline to exchange the coins passed at the end of August unfortunately.

Why did they set a deadline? Because the only valid reason i can think of is for scamming as much people as they could.

motorhead89

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

Wasssssup!

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 10:48:32 AM

After reading SomethingSomethings message..... that is sad you lost your mined coins...

I had a similiar thing happen to me and lost about $50 worth of coins purchase called LionCoin.   
It turns out LionCoin on 1 exchange was different than a Lion on a different exchange as one has the word "coin" in it and one doesn't.

I sent all my coins at once and they never got there.

Lesson learned.  If you buy coins, research first, and now I always send a test of 1 coin over to make sure it makes it before sending the rest over.

I had my account hacked due to a weak password I was told. It has be re-secured and a stronger password implemented. Hacker was posting malware links using my account. Always use a very strong password.
LeChatNoir

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 11:18:35 AM

After reading SomethingSomethings message..... that is sad you lost your mined coins...

I had a similiar thing happen to me and lost about $50 worth of coins purchase called LionCoin.   
It turns out LionCoin on 1 exchange was different than a Lion on a different exchange as one has the word "coin" in it and one doesn't.

Lesson learned.  If you buy coins, research first, and now I always send a test of 1 coin over to make sure it makes it before sending the rest over.

Contact the exchange because if you put an invalid address the transaction is usually rejected, so your coins are probably still in the exchange 1 wallet.

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 11:47:30 AM

@LeChatNoir, SomethingSomething
Plz post the TX codes or links.

Have you tried the rescan, salvagewallet and reindex commands ? Use an old back up if you have one.

solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 02:04:32 PM

Why did they set a deadline? Because the only valid reason i can think of is for scamming as much people as they could.

Why would you not set a deadline? One could make the argument the deadline should be longer but should you be able to come back 2 years later and swap your coins? Who would upkeep the blockchain for the old one so long?
SomethingSomething

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 09:18:42 PM

That is really great advice...

On a side note...

We have a rogue exchange fucking shit up right?

Where are the crypto hackers?! TAKE THIS SITE DOWN...!!!

USE YOUR POWERS FOR GOOD INSTEAD OF STEALING FROM INNOCENT VICTIMS/GOOD EXCHANGES
BankToTheFuture

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 10:46:07 AM

A review and some advice on StartCOIN

http://www.simondixon.org/0-1-at-a-bank-compared-to-37-at-start_join-with-startcoin/2014/09/13/
LeChatNoir

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 12:52:48 PM

Yes i can imagine where that 31% is coming out from...  Angry

Thieves!

BankToTheFuture

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 02:31:30 PM

It comes from the pre-mine as they stated when they launched the coin. The coin as all about supporting CrowdFunding.
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 05:04:12 AM

It comes from the pre-mine as they stated when they launched the coin. The coin as all about supporting CrowdFunding.

With Max Keiser a CEO of Startjoin, looks like a buy at this price. Unfortunate about MCXNOW, but what can you do? I stopped using them the first time he shut down and the MXCFees fiasco happened.

BankToTheFuture

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 06:11:25 AM

With Max Keiser a CEO of Startjoin, looks like a buy at this price. Unfortunate about MCXNOW, but what can you do? I stopped using them the first time he shut down and the MXCFees fiasco happened.

What was the MCXNOW fees fiasco? I must have missed that one?
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1701

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 11:28:10 PM

Perhaps rather ironically it could be described as a StopCOIN 1 and StartCOIN 2 type of scenario ?

On a more serious note I do very much like the idea of a digital currency being used for crowd funding. StartJOIN is not fully live though yet, right ?

@BankToTheFuture did you get my PM seeking clarification if BankToTheFuture is only interested in looking to fund Bitcoin related start-ups and not alt. coin related projects as well currently ?

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
BankToTheFuture

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 06:44:33 AM

Perhaps rather ironically it could be described as a StopCOIN 1 and StartCOIN 2 type of scenario ?

On a more serious note I do very much like the idea of a digital currency being used for crowd funding. StartJOIN is not fully live though yet, right ?

@BankToTheFuture did you get my PM seeking clarification if BankToTheFuture is only interested in looking to fund Bitcoin related start-ups and not alt. coin related projects as well currently ?

I see what you mean now about MCXNOW.

At BankToTheFuture we raise finance for companies that will be selling traditional shares in their company to investors. To raise finance for an AltCoin you are more suited to either a decentralised IPO or CrowdFunding. StartJOIN is live and most of the businesses that have been funded with them are for projects like yours so you should submit a project with them if you want to go down this route.

Hope this helps.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 228 »
  Print  

Jump to: