Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 04:50:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 [523] 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804614 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 03:52:58 PM

Our product roadmap is a personal server which can link with other units to create a cloud network which is decentralized and owned by the users. The user can either store his data just on his own system or have it securely backed up and available on the cloud. The storage coins, Storj, Maidsafe, and Sia are still in early development so our initial product is a Bitcoin full node which can also be used as a full node for other coins.

Our plan has been to go to a custom board to reduce costs by removing unused components and increase RAM when volume is sufficient. The $9 CHIP shows what is possible, as our target retail price is below $100 for a mass market consumer device. By going to flip chip design, where the integrated circuits are mounted directly to the printed circuit substrate with out leads and packaging, the electronics assembly can be a lot smaller since it essentially a single hybrid integrated circuit. 1 year for production delivery is a long time to wait, and other comparable products are likely to appear in the meantime.

The suggestion to develop a Crypti version for the CHIP is a good one, and they are local here in Oakland, so maybe we can arrange to meet.

I have even better option then 9$ CHIP.

Someone's Android phone. They already have it - so it's free.

Just install Crypti Lite there.
bitseedmike

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 04:18:58 PM

Yes, Crypti Lite makes a lot of sense for mobile devices. It can also be useful for embedded devices, like Point of Sale terminals, vending machines, supply chain management, mesh networking nodes, and distributed storage and compute networks.

nicoG

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 06:56:52 PM

I just wanted to introduce myself!  I'm Nick and am pretty new to the cryptocurrency forums.  I've been reading about Crypti for over a year and really like where this technology is headed.  I'm interested to see what else we can do with blockchain technologies and Dapp development.  I really like this concept of using smart contracts to build trustchains among strangers for distributed apps.    I just set up my first Crypti node and look forward to being apart of this community!
-NicoG
GreXX

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 07:05:44 PM

I just wanted to introduce myself!  I'm Nick and am pretty new to the cryptocurrency forums.  I've been reading about Crypti for over a year and really like where this technology is headed.  I'm interested to see what else we can do with blockchain technologies and Dapp development.  I really like this concept of using smart contracts to build trustchains among strangers for distributed apps.    I just set up my first Crypti node and look forward to being apart of this community!
-NicoG

Just so everyone knows, I've known Nick in real life for 14 years. He has been living vicariously through me in the Crypto world and finally decided it was time to jump on board and get involved. Apparently when you show people what we are working on (Crypti), they get really excited about it!  Wink

Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 07:48:32 PM

-NicoG
Welcome to the community. Enjoy your stay

Avalanche is a must own
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 12:04:27 AM

welcome!

-NicoG
tobaccoleaf

Activity: 149
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 03:53:34 PM

I went through it briefly, from what I understand, it is very nice and the amount accumulated is impressive.
However - CHIP with HDMI adapter is 24$,
While RPi was 35$. with HDMI, 4 USB's ad its community is big enough for newbies to jump right.
CHIP is a long way from there.... But I see where you are getting at, and I agree, just don't know if CHIP is the right one.

Passion_ltc

Activity: 714

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 05:51:03 PM

Just to keep you guys informed. Yesterday too many Crypti foundation members couldn't participate the weekly meeting, therefore we moved it to today. Smiley

MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 06:34:16 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2015, 09:13:12 PM by MalReynolds

The suggestion to develop a Crypti version for the CHIP is a good one, and they are local here in Oakland, so maybe we can arrange to meet.

I have even better option than $9 CHIP.  Someone's Android phone. They already have it - so it's free.  Just install Crypti Lite there.

I agree this is a great idea.  However, Crypti is written in node.js.

The advantage of the CHIP-$9 is that it runs Linux, which means it can run node.js, which means it can run Crypti.  So Crypti could reach 5,000-10,000 CHIP-$9 owners starting upon its initial release in Dec 2015 - Jan 2016.  

Running node.js natively as a compiled application in Android is theoretically possible but yet to be demonstrated, and impossible on iOS / iPhones.

There is "bridge" software under development called JXCore ( technically a fork of node.js)  that will allow node.js software to run on Android AND iOS.   This may be the most promising path to get Crypti running on mobile, but it is probably going to take a while.   See:

http://www.infoworld.com/article/2838799/node-js/next-up-for-nodejs-going-mobile.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brian-rinaldi/build-mobile-apps-with-ja_b_6786920.html
http://www.infoworld.com/article/2886740/application-development/nodejs-variant-jxcore-goes-open-source-aims-for-mobile-developers.html
http://jxcore.com/home/

Crypti devs, I am not a node.js programmer, I just talk like one in forums to sound smart and impress people.  Please correct me where I am wrong in my analysis above.

Getting Crypti on mobile is critical.  All of the visible work so far is getting it onto desktops with a pretty UI, but the world is shifting away from desktops towards mobile devices and Crypti needs to as well.  What's the plan / timeline for that?

If we cannot get Crypti running on an Android smartphone by Jan 2016, I STRONGLY urge that we work to get it running for 10,000 CHIP-$9 users by Jan 2016.  Please discuss this in today's meeting if possible.

CHIP-$9 is taking off like a rocket.  They wanted to raise $50K, they currently have $750K pledged in the FIRST FIVE DAYS and they've still got 25 days to go.  They have added a second batch of deliveries for 5K units in Jan 2016 because their 5K units for Dec 2015 delivery have sold out.  CRYPTI NEEDS TO PIGGYBACK ON THE CHIP-$9 PROJECT WHERE BITCOIN CANNOT AND SO BECOME KNOWN AMONG ITS SUPPORTERS, MANY OF WHOM HAVE NEVER HEARD OF ANY CRYPTOCOIN.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598272670/chip-the-worlds-first-9-computer
MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 07:04:28 PM

Our product roadmap is a personal server which can link with other units to create a cloud network which is decentralized and owned by the users. The user can either store his data just on his own system or have it securely backed up and available on the cloud. The storage coins, Storj, Maidsafe, and Sia are still in early development so our initial product is a Bitcoin full node which can also be used as a full node for other coins.

I am a little confused about how this product roadmap leads to a vendor that can easily accept Crypti for payment.  When / how does THAT capability come about?

Our plan has been to go to a custom board to reduce costs by removing unused components and increase RAM when volume is sufficient. The $9 CHIP shows what is possible... other comparable products are likely to appear in the meantime.

Like this?  Which runs node.js?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/706167548/dominoio-an-open-hardware-wifi-platform-for-things
Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 11:01:19 PM

I have even better option than $9 CHIP.  Someone's Android phone. They already have it - so it's free.  Just install Crypti Lite there.

The advantage of the CHIP-$9 is that it runs Linux, which means it can run node.js, which means it can run Crypti.  So Crypti could reach 5,000-10,000 CHIP-$9 owners starting upon its initial release in Dec 2015 - Jan 2016.  

Running node.js natively as a compiled application in Android is theoretically possible but yet to be demonstrated, and impossible on iOS / iPhones.

There is "bridge" software under development called JXCore ( technically a fork of node.js)  that will allow node.js software to run on Android AND iOS.   This may be the most promising path to get Crypti running on mobile, but it is probably going to take a while.   See:

http://www.infoworld.com/article/2838799/node-js/next-up-for-nodejs-going-mobile.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brian-rinaldi/build-mobile-apps-with-ja_b_6786920.html
http://www.infoworld.com/article/2886740/application-development/nodejs-variant-jxcore-goes-open-source-aims-for-mobile-developers.html

Crypti devs, I am not a node.js programmer, I just talk like one in forums to sound smart and impress people.  Please correct me where I am wrong in my analysis above.

Getting Crypti on mobile is critical.  All of the visible work so far is getting it onto desktops with a pretty UI, but the world is shifting away from desktops towards mobile devices and Crypti needs to as well.  What's the plan / timeline for that?

If we cannot get Crypti running on an Android smartphone by Jan 2016, I STRONGLY urge that we work to get it running for 10,000 CHIP-$9 users by Jan 2016.  Please discuss this in today's meeting if possible.

CHIP-$9 is taking off like a rocket.  They wanted to raise $50K, they currently have $750K pledged in the FIRST FIVE DAYS and they've still got 25 days to go.  They have added a second batch of deliveries for 5K units in Jan 2016 because their 5K units for Dec 2015 delivery have sold out.  CRYPTI NEEDS TO PIGGYBACK ON THE CHIP-$9 PROJECT WHERE BITCOIN CANNOT AND SO BECOME KNOWN AMONG ITS SUPPORTERS, MANY OF WHOM HAVE NEVER HEARD OF ANY CRYPTOCOIN.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598272670/chip-the-worlds-first-9-computer

Mal, this may be the greatest product since sliced bread, but it is a lousy investment for a crowd sale. 

How much profit do you think a $9 product delivers?  25-50 cents maybe?  So how long will it take for an investor to get a ROI of 100%? 

Delivery is 9 months away?  5000 units @ 50 cents profit each is nothing. 

I hope you did not invest in it.  We have a more lucrative crowd sale coming soon.  Hold on to your benjamins!

MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 11:54:41 PM

Mal, this may be the greatest product since sliced bread, but it is a lousy investment for a crowd sale.  

How much profit do you think a $9 product delivers?  25-50 cents maybe?  So how long will it take for an investor to get a ROI of 100%?  

Delivery is 9 months away?  5000 units @ 50 cents profit each is nothing.  

I hope you did not invest in it.  We have a more lucrative crowd sale coming soon.  Hold on to your benjamins!

I don't care at all about profitability or ROI of the CHIP computer.  I care about its thousands and soon to be millions of user eyeballs seeing a Crypti Lite app icon on its main screen.  This thing is going to go from a user base of zero to a user base of millions.  We can act now to become their default cryptocoin they use among each other.  Let's do that.
bubbletea789

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 12:51:28 AM

Care to elaborate?
Who? What? And when?
We have a more lucrative crowd sale coming soon.
Litoshi

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 01:46:11 AM

Care to elaborate?
Who? What? And when?
We have a more lucrative crowd sale coming soon.
Quoting your local TV news:

Stay tuned, Film at 11.

starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 12:48:29 PM

If devs failed with POT could they make it open source? Huh
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 05:37:03 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2015, 06:40:27 PM by Wulfcastle

Mal, I'm going to be brutally honest with you. CHIP, as an investment would be totally worthless to Crypti, or any other crypto-currency or tech company/product etc. whatever whose sole purpose of investing into it would be exposure/marketing.

Let me explain, there are going to be two categories of people who buy CHIP.

Category 1: The Computer Enthusiasts

The people who fall into the first category are the "computing enthusiasts", these are people who probably bought the Raspberry Pi (or know about it), basically people who generally share an interest in computing (not the general public). I can tell you right now, that around 75% of those people who actually bought a CHIP are computer enthusiasts looking to buy something to tinker with or fund a cool project that they have an interest in. All of these people who buy CHIP will use it for a few hours or a couple of days and then never use it again, let alone explore the Crypti app on it.

Category 2: The People Who Actually Need It

The people who fall into the second category are the people who actually need it, not just to tinker around with it/dissect it/etc., but to actually use it as their primary means of computing. The people who fall into these categories are generally people from third world countries, or places with poor infrastructure, no access to the internet or limited access to computers. Out of those 20 000 or so current backers to the project, how many do you think actually fall into this second category, how many people do you think are buying this because they actually NEED it?

Out of those 20 000, I would say less than 50, heck I'd even say zero. Now you may think I'm pulling these figures out of a place where the sun don't shine, but look at the facts. Kickstarter is a website created for the sole purpose of crowd-funding projects that people post on the internet. The only way that you'd discover tech projects on Kickstarter is if you are a "computer enthusiast" and regularly check Kickstarter for fun new projects, or if the story of a new Kickstarter tech-based project has been carried by technology websites, which you as a "computer enthusiast" read. In both of these cases you fall into the first category of buyers, those who buy it just for the fun of it.

The people who actually need to buy CHIP (the people whom the CHIP team built it for), don't pay any attention to Kickstarter or haven't heard about Kickstarter,  and secondly will not be reading any tech-related websites (that's if they have internet access). The sole purpose of CHIP is to produce a cheap computer to help people less fortunate than us to get access to a computer. Their people in their target demographic, probably don't even have time to surf the internet or keep up with the latest tech trends, because they are too busy trying to make ends meet. The actual people who need CHIP will never hear about it, and CHIP will therefore never be bought by them. Also the team building CHIP, will never have enough funds or infrastructure to produce and ship their products to the third world where their target demographic is.

Now onto the notion that CHIP will be "bought by millions and bought by the general public". This will NEVER happen. The general public literally do not have a care in the world about CHIP. Most of the general public can afford a $500 computer, if so why would they ever buy CHIP? CHIP is cumbersome, slow, and serves absolutely no practical use to them. Why would they buy CHIP when they already have smartphones that can do everything CHIP can do and run circles around it?

CHIP is a computer enthusiasts toy, built for computer enthusiasts which serves no practical use to the people who buy it, and will never be bought by the people who need it.

Crypti will get absolutely no exposure out of investing into CHIP, nor would anything else. CHIP will be hyped up for a few months, bought by a few thousand people, and will then be forgotten completely (OUYA anyone?).

Your ideas so are far to eccentric to be practically implemented, or have any use to Crypti (or any other crypto-currency) for that matter. I remember a while back you suggested an idea somewhat similar to this, whereby the Crypti Team spend thousands of dollars into buying low-cost Raspberry Pi's (correct me if I'm wrong), and give these for free to merchants to incentivise them to run Crypti nodes and use Crypti as a source of payment. Again that idea would have no practical use, would waste tons of money and provide almost zero growth to Crypti.

I apologize Mal if I come off as condescending, rude or if I sound offensive at any point in my post, but that is the brutal truth.
Litoshi

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 06:54:08 PM

Great analysis Wulf. 

I see the main market for CHIP is ASIC farmers.  The Raspberry Pi is popular there due to its small electrical requirements.  The CHIP would be even more advantageous that the Pi.

As for third world used for the CHIP.  I can see a potential market where users own the CHIP,  then go to the Internet Cafes and plug in their CHIP to the power, monitor, and keyboard there.  The CHIP would allow them to hold and store their own files and operating system.  The drawback. of course, is they have to learn Linux, and it would be much more simple to just have a USB memory stick. 

MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:09:21 PM

Your ideas so are far to eccentric to be practically implemented, or have any use to Crypti (or any other crypto-currency) for that matter. I remember a while back you suggested an idea somewhat similar to this, whereby the Crypti Team spend thousands of dollars into buying low-cost Raspberry Pi's (correct me if I'm wrong), and give these for free to merchants to incentivise them to run Crypti nodes and use Crypti as a source of payment. Again that idea would have no practical use, would waste tons of money and provide almost zero growth to Crypti.

I apologize Mal if I come off as condescending, rude or if I sound offensive at any point in my post, but that is the brutal truth.

No apology necessary, I have a thick skin and I appreciate somebody that calls it like they see it.  I don't think you are condescending, rude or offensive.  99% of progress in a forum environment is overcoming crap, and I certainly have produced my share of that.

The Raspberry Pi idea of mine you refer to is back before DPoS when there was some hope / assumption that a simple CPU on the other end of a DSL line could participate as a forging node in the Crypti network.  We are way beyond that now and I would not suggest the same concept today.

I still feel, however, that the idea of putting simple computers in the hands of merchants is a key part of making Crypti a success.  This explains my continuing fascination with small computers like Raspberry Pi and CHIP-$9.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but ultimately Crypti has to be used as a currency, which means a method of exchange between a buyer and a seller.  All the effort to support such an exchange capability so far has gone into cool UIs on a desktop computer environment.  Our current UI is not something a vendor is going to routinely use to accept payments of Crypti in a sales environment.  There needs to be a simple, small point-of-sale terminal continuously connected to the internet that a purchaser or vendor can use to accept Crypti without having to manually type in a long Crypti address or an even longer password.  The core of such a point-of-sale device is going to be something like a Raspberry Pi or CHIP -$9 that can run node.js via Linux.   A smartphone would be better, but as I pointed out above (and nobody has contradicted me on yet) node.js programs like Crypti and mobile platforms are not currently very compatible.

Maybe / hopefully there is some other way to making Crypti a "success" faster than the "Get cheap computers running Crypti to vendors" path I keep harping on.  Maybe the Foundation is already on this other path and I'm totally clueless.  I hope so.

Getting Crypti in front of eyeballs for consideration is a totally different effort, and I accept your analysis that CHIP-$9 is not the right "advertising" approach.  But...what is?  

Mandy1749

Activity: 157

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 07:13:54 AM

it's so difficult to buy more xcr

no sell order on Bter and Polo

no one wants to sell ,and no one want to buy up.
Mandy1749

Activity: 157

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 07:43:26 AM

i use my computer with system windows 8.1, setup the 0.2.0a wallet

when i syncing the blockchain.
the height increase to 256670/259356  and  then the height became decrease.

is this a bug ?
because i just setup the wallet in a normal way in a normal computer with windows.
or just the wallet is no stable in windows?
Pages: « 1 ... 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 [523] 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: