Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:50:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 [524] 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804603 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 07:51:36 AM

i use my computer with system windows 8.1, setup the 0.2.0a wallet

when i syncing the blockchain.
the height increase to 256670/259356  and  then the height became decrease.

is this a bug ?
because i just setup the wallet in a normal way in a normal computer with windows.
or just the wallet is no stable in windows?

This is normal behaviour, as a fork countermeasure. Just wait and let it sync until end. If this still occurs, then please send the log files to us. (bugs @ crypti.me)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
himmelsfaller2

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 07:57:02 AM

is this a bug ?
because i just setup the wallet in a normal way in a normal computer with windows.

I too have WIN 8.1 64 bit and since yesterday Crypti Client was down in absent and now
I got
Blockchain loading...
Blockchain loading: ({{height}}/{{blocksCount}} blocks)

when loading the client, and it stucks there.

I did an uninstall and reinstall, but nothing has changed.
Will try to use webwallet if I'm at home, but is there an problem with the client or the network?
Mandy1749

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 08:26:13 AM

is this a bug ?

I too have WIN 8.1 64 bit and since yesterday Crypti Client was down in absent and now
I got
Blockchain loading...
Blockchain loading: ({{height}}/{{blocksCount}} blocks)

when loading the client, and it stucks there.

I did an uninstall and reinstall, but nothing has changed.
Will try to use webwallet if I'm at home, but is there an problem with the client or the network?

you should try the lite wallet.if you just want to use a wallet to manage your coin.

i am using delegate wallet.
Mandy1749

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 08:37:52 AM

is this a bug ?

This is normal behaviour, as a fork countermeasure. Just wait and let it sync until end. If this still occurs, then please send the log files to us. (bugs @ crypti.me)

i think it is not  normal.
because if i restart the client and it would become sync as normal again.

but if i didnt restart the client ,the height would decrease to 0.

it's strange to decrease the height to 0 for cleaning the fork block.
it should increase the height after clean the fork block,but not to decrease to 0
so i think there must be something wrong.

Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 09:53:15 AM

With Windows, it is not a good idea to use the full node.  Use the Crypti Lite wallet instead.

There is an issue with the time sync within Windows that causes forks and the inability to sync the block chain.  In future releases, Boris is not going to release Windows versions of the full wallet because of this issue.  Windows versions will be Lite wallets only.  Full wallets will be Linux based.

You can try deleting the blockchain.db file and restarting the node.  This usually works.

Mandy1749

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 10:20:09 AM

With Windows, it is not a good idea to use the full node.  Use the Crypti Lite wallet instead.

There is an issue with the time sync within Windows that causes forks and the inability to sync the block chain.  In future releases, Boris is not going to release Windows versions of the full wallet because of this issue.  Windows versions will be Lite wallets only.  Full wallets will be Linux based.

You can try deleting the blockchain.db file and restarting the node.  This usually works.

don't have to delete blockchain.db
just need to restart the client,then it would be normal.

when would be the next release? is there have a time line?
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 10:48:04 AM

What kind of issue is that ? Like what does it cause ?

Litoshi

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 10:57:32 AM

With a 10 minute block time, or even a one minute per block time, the time on your windows computer can be off a few seconds from the official NIST time and still forge or sync.  But with the XCR 10 second block times, a difference of a few seconds in the time on your windows machine and the network time, as synced with NIST, has caused failures to forge blocks and forking of the block chain for that machine. 

It is a problem with Windows, not with Crypti. 

patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 11:00:01 AM

With a 10 minute block time, or even a one minute per block time, the time on your windows computer can be off a few seconds from the official NIST time and still forge or sync.  But with the XCR 10 second block times, a difference of a few seconds in the time on your windows machine and the network time, as synced with NIST, has caused failures to forge blocks and forking of the block chain for that machine. 

I'm guessing because the network is rejecting blocks that are outside of a certain time threshold (like too far in the future or past) ?

Litoshi

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 11:22:45 AM

With Windows, it is not a good idea to use the full node.  Use the Crypti Lite wallet instead.

There is an issue with the time sync within Windows that causes forks and the inability to sync the block chain.  In future releases, Boris is not going to release Windows versions of the full wallet because of this issue.  Windows versions will be Lite wallets only.  Full wallets will be Linux based.

You can try deleting the blockchain.db file and restarting the node.  This usually works.

With a 10 minute block time, or even a one minute per block time, the time on your windows computer can be off a few seconds from the official NIST time and still forge or sync.  But with the XCR 10 second block times, a difference of a few seconds in the time on your windows machine and the network time, as synced with NIST, has caused failures to forge blocks and forking of the block chain for that machine.  

I'm guessing because the network is rejecting blocks that are outside of a certain time threshold (like too far in the future or past) ?

If a block sent to a Windows machine, or any delegate, is not returned in sufficient time, the block is sent to the next delegate in line to forge. The only affect on the network is a 10 second or so lengthening of the present 101 block cycle.  The delegate that forged that block too late is now on a possible fork.  At the end of the 101 block cycle, the network self corrects all delegates that may have forked, as well as updating the votes cast during that cycle, and moving delegates in or out of the standby mode to the 101 club.

If the delegate that missed forging in time is on a fork, and it is 80 blocks down, it can take awhile to resync.  Meanwhile, forging of blocks continues on the network as that delegate attempts to catch up.  Now, what if that delegate is sent another block to forge before completing the block chain sync?  Further forking?  I dont know for sure, but it is not helping to secure the network.

starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 12:37:15 PM

In future releases, Boris is not going to release Windows versions of the full wallet because of this issue.  Windows versions will be Lite wallets only.  Full wallets will be Linux based.
Very bad move. Angry
This idol of 10sec block getting too much sacrifice for Crypti Roll Eyes
tobaccoleaf

Activity: 149
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 12:42:18 PM

The suggestion to develop a Crypti version for the CHIP is a good one, and they are local here in Oakland, so maybe we can arrange to meet.

I have even better option than $9 CHIP.  Someone's Android phone. They already have it - so it's free.  Just install Crypti Lite there.

I agree this is a great idea.  However, Crypti is written in node.js.

The advantage of the CHIP-$9 is that it runs Linux, which means it can run node.js, which means it can run Crypti.  So Crypti could reach 5,000-10,000 CHIP-$9 owners starting upon its initial release in Dec 2015 - Jan 2016.  

Running node.js natively as a compiled application in Android is theoretically possible but yet to be demonstrated, and impossible on iOS / iPhones.

There is "bridge" software under development called JXCore ( technically a fork of node.js)  that will allow node.js software to run on Android AND iOS.   This may be the most promising path to get Crypti running on mobile, but it is probably going to take a while.   See:

http://www.infoworld.com/article/2838799/node-js/next-up-for-nodejs-going-mobile.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brian-rinaldi/build-mobile-apps-with-ja_b_6786920.html
http://www.infoworld.com/article/2886740/application-development/nodejs-variant-jxcore-goes-open-source-aims-for-mobile-developers.html
http://jxcore.com/home/

Crypti devs, I am not a node.js programmer, I just talk like one in forums to sound smart and impress people.  Please correct me where I am wrong in my analysis above.

Getting Crypti on mobile is critical.  All of the visible work so far is getting it onto desktops with a pretty UI, but the world is shifting away from desktops towards mobile devices and Crypti needs to as well.  What's the plan / timeline for that?

If we cannot get Crypti running on an Android smartphone by Jan 2016, I STRONGLY urge that we work to get it running for 10,000 CHIP-$9 users by Jan 2016.  Please discuss this in today's meeting if possible.

CHIP-$9 is taking off like a rocket.  They wanted to raise $50K, they currently have $750K pledged in the FIRST FIVE DAYS and they've still got 25 days to go.  They have added a second batch of deliveries for 5K units in Jan 2016 because their 5K units for Dec 2015 delivery have sold out.  CRYPTI NEEDS TO PIGGYBACK ON THE CHIP-$9 PROJECT WHERE BITCOIN CANNOT AND SO BECOME KNOWN AMONG ITS SUPPORTERS, MANY OF WHOM HAVE NEVER HEARD OF ANY CRYPTOCOIN.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598272670/chip-the-worlds-first-9-computer

I agree it's a good idea, but why not target RPi users as well? The community is much larger than 10,000 mate.
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 12:43:00 PM

In future releases, Boris is not going to release Windows versions of the full wallet because of this issue.  Windows versions will be Lite wallets only.  Full wallets will be Linux based.
Very bad move. Angry

You don't need a full node on Windows.

Mandy1749

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 02:02:13 PM

Very bad move. Angry

it's right.
we dont need a full node on windows.but it should be base on "there have lots of full nodes all over the world"

but the situation is crypti's full node is too less now .too less node would slow down the sync,and make the network unstable.in euro is find, but in China ,there have only two nodes.

BTW,to setup a node, you can get nothing unless you become a detegate, if you can't give people a reason that why they should setup a linux full node and get nothing but have to pay the bill for servers, then the NO. of node will became decrease.until there would only 101 nodes left.

if we can make windows client to be a stable full node that would be better,because when someone open the full node wallet ,then he would be a node.
more node would be better.
Litoshi

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 02:14:00 PM

Very bad move. Angry

it's right.
we dont need a full node on windows.but it should be base on "there have lots of full nodes all over the world"

but the situation is crypti's full node is too less now .too less node would slow down the sync,and make the network unstable.in euro is find, but in China ,there have only two nodes.

BTW,to setup a node, you can get nothing unless you become a detegate, if you can't give people a reason that why they should setup a linux full node and get nothing but have to pay the bill for servers, then the NO. of node will became decrease.until there would only 101 nodes left.

if we can make windows client to be a stable full node that would be better,because when someone open the full node wallet ,then he would be a node.
more node would be better.

You can set up a node for $5 a month on Vultr.   My Delegate is running from there, as well as most of the other 115 delegates.  The electricity to run a computer 24/7 from home would be more than that. 

We tried using Windows on home computers.  Between the time sync problem and the lag times, windows delegates proved to be unsatisfactory. 

The next Crypti Windows versions will be Lite wallets only.  Delegate nodes will be written in Linux.

MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 03:00:43 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2015, 06:00:04 PM by MalReynolds

CRYPTI NEEDS TO PIGGYBACK ON THE CHIP-$9 PROJECT WHERE BITCOIN CANNOT AND SO BECOME KNOWN AMONG ITS SUPPORTERS, MANY OF WHOM HAVE NEVER HEARD OF ANY CRYPTOCOIN.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598272670/chip-the-worlds-first-9-computer

I agree it's a good idea, but why not target RPi users as well? The community is much larger than 10,000 mate.

I agree the Raspberry Pi community is much larger.  After three years, it is also already fragmented into many, many large subgroups that are now harder to reach.  The whole point of trying to associate with the CHIP team NOW is that they are just getting started and so there is the possibility of Crypti Lite becoming integrated into their standard software as a pre-installed desktop icon / standardized payment method.  

The CHIP-$9 is a much better platform for vendor platform cryptocurrency integration than RPi, and not because it's four times cheaper.  The Raspberry Pi is very oriented towards video (integrated camera / HDMI output support) and not so much internet connectivity (Ethernet plug only and no wifi unless you plug a dongle into a USB port).  The CHIP-$9 has integrated wifi and Bluetooth but only a simple composite video out for old yellow-jack standard def TVs.  Which one is easier to incorporate into an always-on point-of-sale terminal that can get a purchase onto the Crypti blockchain in ten seconds?  The cheap one with the built in wifi.

The devs rev Crypti up to ten-second blocktime to support fast confirmation / high transaction throughput and yet ***I*** get called eccentric for pushing a cheap microcomputer board as the basis of a Crypti Lite sales terminal and pushing for the early organization of their growing user base as potential customers.  So be it.   Smiley
Litoshi

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 03:27:07 PM

eccentric???

MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 03:45:33 PM

eccentric???

Your ideas so are far to eccentric to be practically implemented, or have any use to Crypti (or any other crypto-currency) for that matter....

Eccentric.  

Which is actually accurate, I really am more like this IRL than Mal Reynolds....
starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 03:56:03 PM

Very bad move. Angry

Another sign of dictatorship - you decide for others what they need and what not Shocked
If you really think like that Crypti forever will be closed club with no community and never became cryptocurrency Cry
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 04:01:32 PM

Very bad move. Angry

Another sign of dictatorship - you decide for others what they need and what not Shocked
If you really think like that Crypti forever will be closed club with no community and never became cryptocurrency Cry

With the only difference, that I can't force my opinion on others like a real dictator can. I can just state my opinion. Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 [524] 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: