Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:47:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 [558] 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804602 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 08:04:11 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2015, 11:49:37 AM by lite

Guys, please demand Crypti here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1151078.40

We need every bit of publicity. Wink

Great, the vote is up. Please vote for XCR. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1151078.40

My vote added. We need more, guys please cast your vote here for Crypti.
I added my vote too. There's only 11 votes so far for XCR we need more votes. Guys please vote for XCR!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
karmacoma24

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

LiskHQ CTO

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 12:36:36 PM

^^^ Voted

Please also help spread the word on our forthcoming Decentralized Application Platform by retweeting the following:

https://twitter.com/Karmacrypto/status/631208730642751488

https://twitter.com/CryptiTeam/status/631202653712875520

Every tweet counts! Wink

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 07:07:21 AM

Later today I will write a roundup of the last week for our blog. Smiley

Meanwhile, please vote for Crypti.

Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 07:07:48 AM

First Video Preview of our Decentralized Applications Platform and Sia Decentralized Storage

Hello Community,

We are very excited to show you the first preview of our forthcoming Decentralized Application (Dapp) platform. For this special moment we have prepared a YouTube video, which guides you through the necessary steps to deploy and launch your dapp onto Crypti's Dapp Store.

Please note that the user interface is an early version and will go through several quality assurance cycles before we release it.

Click here, to watch the video.

Continue reading on our blog..

Bigcabrito

Activity: 504

Communications Lead

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 07:14:37 AM

When will the 0.3.0 version be updated?

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Lisk Community Manager
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 07:28:45 AM

What do you mean? Smiley

Bigcabrito

Communications Lead

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 05:18:07 PM

What do you mean? Smiley

When will I be able to upgrade my delegate node to a newer version of Crypti? I'm having some issues with the node at the moment that are supposed to be fixed at 0.3.1.

Lisk.
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 06:56:55 PM

What do you mean? Smiley

When will I be able to upgrade my delegate node to a newer version of Crypti? I'm having some issues with the node at the moment that are supposed to be fixed at 0.3.1.

First of all, sorry to hear that you are having problems with the Crypti client. You probably didn't see Sebastian's answer here: https://forum.crypti.me/viewtopic.php?p=485#p485

A few pages back I explained that we will merge v0.3.1 and v0.5.0 (dapps release). While v0.4.0 will make the design responsible (for smartphones and tablets).

This allows us to release the decentralized applications feature sooner. Smiley I hope that's fine for you as of now.

The best is, if you keep an eye on the delegate (once a week is enough). If this error occurs again, simply restart the node and start Crypti (and forging) again. Sorry for that.. Smiley

Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 09:10:51 PM

Status Report - 14th August, 2015

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to Crypti's latest status report!

Thanks to our hard working team, these last two weeks has proven to be a real turning point for Crypti. Which we are happy to say has put us all one step closer to achieving our ultimate goal of becoming the premier choice of platform for launching dapps onto the blockchain.

Below is an overview of the most important Crypti related news:

Crypti Lite v0.3.0 for Windows and Mac OSX Released!
Completely New Crypti.me Website launched!
Crypti Announced a Partnership with Sia as a Premium Dapp Storage Partner
First Video Preview of our Decentralized Applications Platform and Sia Decentralized Storage

Read the full status report at our blog

Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 12:46:18 AM

Status Report - 14th August, 2015

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to Crypti's latest status report!

Thanks to our hard working team, these last two weeks has proven to be a real turning point for Crypti. Which we are happy to say has put us all one step closer to achieving our ultimate goal of becoming the premier choice of platform for launching dapps onto the blockchain.

Below is an overview of the most important Crypti related news:

Crypti Lite v0.3.0 for Windows and Mac OSX Released!
Completely New Crypti.me Website launched!
Crypti Announced a Partnership with Sia as a Premium Dapp Storage Partner

Read the full status report at our blog
Thanks for the update! Look forward to the future.

Avalanche is a must own
Bigcabrito

Communications Lead

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 04:58:49 AM

What do you mean? Smiley

First of all, sorry to hear that you are having problems with the Crypti client. You probably didn't see Sebastian's answer here: https://forum.crypti.me/viewtopic.php?p=485#p485

A few pages back I explained that we will merge v0.3.1 and v0.5.0 (dapps release). While v0.4.0 will make the design responsible (for smartphones and tablets).

This allows us to release the decentralized applications feature sooner. Smiley I hope that's fine for you as of now.

The best is, if you keep an eye on the delegate (once a week is enough). If this error occurs again, simply restart the node and start Crypti (and forging) again. Sorry for that.. Smiley

Is there a way for the fix to arrive in the 0.4.0 version?

Lisk.
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 08:33:33 AM

What do you mean? Smiley

Is there a way for the fix to arrive in the 0.4.0 version?

v0.4.0 is only an user interface update. We won't change anything on the backend for that. Things may will change in between, like they always do in development, but for now you unfortunately need to wait for v0.5.0.

imd1

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 12:39:28 PM

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115118/tau-chain-a-decentralized-app-store-with-greater-flexibility-than-ethereum

Just came across this article, thought it would be worth posting it here for awareness.

SISAR

Activity: 651
Merit: 518

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 01:01:50 PM

Hello Community,

We are very excited to show you the first preview of our forthcoming Decentralized Application (Dapp) platform. For this special moment we have prepared a YouTube video, which guides you through the necessary steps to deploy and launch your dapp onto Crypti's Dapp Store.

Please note that the user interface is an early version and will go through several quality assurance cycles before we release it.

Are there any choices for app hosting other than Sia and GitHub? It is strange to me that we can not use Crypti blockchain for that purpose.  Huh
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 01:15:54 PM

Hello Community,

Are there any choices for app hosting other than Sia and GitHub? It is strange to me that we can not use Crypti blockchain for that purpose.  Huh

The first release with dapp functionalities won't have other storage solutions. When time passes we will add several other choices, centralized and decentralized. There are many alternatives available and we will implement them one-by-one.

Why is it strange to you that we won't make the Crypti blockchain available? Crypti is not a storage solution, it's a decentralized applications platform. Also we are not Ethereum, we will not pollute our main chain with arbitrary data. This is our huge difference to Ethereum. Smiley

At Ethereum everything is on the main chain, this will make the blockchain very big with the time and the gas-price for contract computation very expensive. (Correct me if I'm wrong. Wink) At Crypti, every dapp is running on its own side chain. That means, there can be 100,000 dapps running on Crypti without a problem.

SISAR

Activity: 651
Merit: 518

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 01:36:34 PM

Problem is that, as in case with Sia, you are increasing demand for other altcoins instead of XCR. If future blockchain size is an issue, well, you can always limit the size of .zip archive that can be uploaded to Crypti network. At least some apps (very small ones, in size, let's say 10kB) should be hosted at native blockchain. You can even increase price for such service but to not have such a service is a bad deal overally because developers will have to mess with 3rd-party solutions.
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 01:44:03 PM

Problem is that, as in case with Sia, you are increasing demand for other altcoins instead of XCR. If future blockchain size is an issue, well, you can always limit the size of .zip archive that can be uploaded to Crypti network. At least some apps (very small ones, in size) should be hosted at native blockchain. You can even increase price for such service but to not have such a service is a bad deal overally.

Even for a small dapp it wouldn't be good. What if there are 100,000 of those? What if you want to update them (happens regularly)? Should only the 101 delegates process 100,000 dapps in just 10seconds? What happens with the data the dapps create, a chat dapp with just 1000 users will create millions of bytes of data.

It's not possible. At Ethereum the miners can set the gas price higher, which will probably be very high when the network computation power is saturated.

I know where your opinion is coming from, but there will be demand for XCR. You need them to register a dapp, to update it, it will be one of the tokens you can use in the dapps. And so on. Smiley

E.g. at a later point (but as soon as possible) we will also allow bitcoin to be used in a dapp. It can (and will be) used as a token then. But then you will only have 10 minute blocks. Wink So the dapp dev will likely still use XCR somehow.

Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 08:12:26 PM

Hello Community,

The first release with dapp functionalities won't have other storage solutions. When time passes we will add several other choices, centralized and decentralized. There are many alternatives available and we will implement them one-by-one.

Why is it strange to you that we won't make the Crypti blockchain available? Crypti is not a storage solution, it's a decentralized applications platform. Also we are not Ethereum, we will not pollute our main chain with arbitrary data. This is our huge difference to Ethereum. Smiley

At Ethereum everything is on the main chain, this will make the blockchain very big with the time and the gas-price for contract computation very expensive. (Correct me if I'm wrong. Wink) At Crypti, every dapp is running on its own side chain. That means, there can be 100,000 dapps running on Crypti without a problem.

@Passion_ltc would it not be better to create a side-chain or multiple side-chains on the Crypti network, purely to store DApps? It great to have a partnership with Sia, but IMHO it would be better to store everything on the Crypti network, that way you are not reliant on other networks and developers with the storage of important data. If there is a problem with the Sia network, then we are fully reliant on Sia's developers to solve the problem and ensure our data is safe, and as a potential DApp developer that doesn't instill much confidence.

The major difference between Ethereum and Crypti is that for developers Ethereum looks the more attractive option as everything is stored and executed from the same network. The problem with Ethereum is that EVERYTHING is stored on the same chain, Ethereum doesn't have side chains (please correct me if I'm wrong), whereas Crypti does. Therefore Crypti has a major advantage there. If you can store Crypti's DApps on a sidechain or multiple sidechains without the need of a third-party network to handle the storage needs, you will have a HUGE advantage over Ethereum.

Also on a side note, since Ethereum's roller coaster trading run over the last week (something akin to the major pump and dumps of the past years) has got massive coverage on media outlets from TechCrunch to CoinTelegraph, you can expect a major influx of investors looking for similar coins to invest in, and you can expect a lot of new "2.0 coins" popping up on the aftermath of Ethereum's release. So if you guys can complete the DApps platform within the next month or two and start marketing in that time, you will see a major increase in our community size and trading volumes.

Ethereum is about another year from full release, if Crypti can launch DApps and Sidechains within that time, with the proper marketing you can easily steal a lot of Ethereum's market share.
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 08:40:33 PM

Hello Community,

Are there any choices for app hosting other than Sia and GitHub? It is strange to me that we can not use Crypti blockchain for that purpose.  Huh

@Passion_ltc would it not be better to create a side-chain or multiple side-chains on the Crypti network, purely to store DApps? It great to have a partnership with Sia, but IMHO it would be better to store everything on the Crypti network, that way you are not reliant on other networks and developers with the storage of important data. If there is a problem with the Sia network, then we are fully reliant on Sia's developers to solve the problem and ensure our data is safe, and as a potential DApp developer that doesn't instill much confidence.

The major difference between Ethereum and Crypti is that for developers Ethereum looks the more attractive option as everything is stored and executed from the same network. The problem with Ethereum is that EVERYTHING is stored on the same chain, Ethereum doesn't have side chains (please correct me if I'm wrong), whereas Crypti does. Therefore Crypti has a major advantage there. If you can store Crypti's DApps on a sidechain or multiple sidechains without the need of a third-party network to handle the storage needs, you will have a HUGE advantage over Ethereum.

Also on a side note, since Ethereum's roller coaster trading run over the last week (something akin to the major pump and dumps of the past years) has got massive coverage on media outlets from TechCrunch to CoinTelegraph, you can expect a major influx of investors looking for similar coins to invest in, and you can expect a lot of new "2.0 coins" popping up on the aftermath of Ethereum's release. So if you guys can complete the DApps platform within the next month or two and start marketing in that time, you will see a major increase in our community size and trading volumes.

Ethereum is about another year from full release, if Crypti can launch DApps and Sidechains within that time, with the proper marketing you can easily steal a lot of Ethereum's market share.

Hey Wulfcastle,

welcome back! Smiley

I will discuss this with Boris the coming days. Principally it should be possible to create a dapp, which lets you store other dapps. But there are a few problems, e.g. where is this dapp .zip package stored. Also I think there are a few problems to store such big single files (500kb) in the side chain. I will come back to you regarding this matter.

Just a reminder, as it may create confusion to the others. We are talking about the storage solution for the dapp .zip package. From where you pull it, when you install it. Smiley The actual dapp will later be on your node and doesn't need to connect to SIA all the time when you launch it. Only when you install it (what will happen once). The data of the dapp will be on its sidechain, secured by its master nodes.

imd1

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 03:41:26 PM

If it's just the .zip installation package we are talking about then even if Sia is down the .zip package can be provided by other existing users just like android .apk files can be downloaded from sources outside of google play store.

Pages: « 1 ... 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 [558] 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: