Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:00:57 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 [567] 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804614 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
souljah1h
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 09:05:47 AM

Crypti Dapps now more decentralized than ever before!

Hello Everyone,

Crypti is a community based product where all feedback received is taken very seriously. So today we are happy to announce, one recent criticism regarding our multi-signature implementation has been taken on board.

As you are probably aware, we will introduce multi-signatures in the next version of Crypti (v0.5.0). Up to 16 accounts can be coupled together to form a secure chain of authentication. Which greatly reduces the possibility of theft or loss of funds, by requiring all participants to approve or deny each transaction made from a multi-signature wallet.

Continue on our blog
Great news, cant wait for 0.5.0!

_@/'
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 09:17:19 AM

No cool video this week  Huh
crypti PR

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Crypti Public Relations

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 09:21:16 AM

No cool video this week  Huh

Maybe I will make one on the weekend. Smiley

Crypti's Decentralized Applications and Dapp Store: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9o5X4xHJnc
Join our Chat: https://crypti.chat/
fedoralite

Activity: 548
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 04:09:08 PM

Crypti Dapps now more decentralized than ever before!

Hello Everyone,

Crypti is a community based product where all feedback received is taken very seriously. So today we are happy to announce, one recent criticism regarding our multi-signature implementation has been taken on board.

As you are probably aware, we will introduce multi-signatures in the next version of Crypti (v0.5.0). Up to 16 accounts can be coupled together to form a secure chain of authentication. Which greatly reduces the possibility of theft or loss of funds, by requiring all participants to approve or deny each transaction made from a multi-signature wallet.

Continue on our blog

I likeeLikee =3 great work team
crypti PR

Crypti Public Relations

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 07:39:52 PM

Attention delegates: forykw, yuhiesirs, Gabes.bit

You just got voted into the top 101! Make sure your node is online and you activated forging. If you are not interested into being a delegate anymore, please say so. Smiley

forykw

yuhiesirs

Gabes.bit

Crypti's Decentralized Applications and Dapp Store: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9o5X4xHJnc
crypti PR

Crypti Public Relations

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 01:31:25 PM

Crypti Network Issues

We experience some problems with the Crypti network right now. We already know what the issue is and we are currently fixing it, with further tests afterwards.

It's nothing major, but to be on the safe side we notified the exchanges and ask you to stop transactions for now.

Thank you very much. Smiley

50cent_rapper
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 03:11:19 PM

Here is some of my thoughts on current market situation. Consider this news: http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-processor-bitpay-reduces-staff-in-cost-cutting-effort/

I see the pattern here: cause mainstream consumer adoption of BTC just isn't happening, startups begain to switch to selling blockchain technology to businesses.

- Bitshares is moving to B2B sector, trying to sell blockchain tech via graphene toolkit
- Ethereum & Crypti aims to be something like "Windows"... a platfrom
- And the number of "blockchain" B2B players, like Factom.

Hard times come to majority of altcoins.

crypti PR

Crypti Public Relations

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 10:10:29 PM

To make sure the patch is working, we let the nodes online through the night. Tomorrow we will check them and release if all is good. We do it to be sure everything is working correctly, so that it won't demand more time from us in the next days. We want to concentrate on the open beta release. Smiley

crypti PR

Crypti Public Relations

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 11:55:48 AM

Crypti v0.3.1 - Intermediate Release

Hello Delegates,

Yesterday we encountered a small bug on the network which resulted in some delegates going offline. This announcement affects only delegates, regular users don't need to do anything.

The cause was a delegate vote, which caused an error through some unique voting conditions and concatenation of blockchain events. Which made it possible for the delegate voter to have 105 simultaneous delegate votes instead of 101. Even through the network was still intact the whole time, many delegates crashed.

Installation

- Download Crypti v0.3.1.
- Follow our installation instructions.
- Use our latest blockchain snap, to prevent a long blockchain sync.

You can find more details in our blog post

Morton Bitcoin Management

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 11:35:56 PM

So what's the big differences between Ethereum and Crypti? If they are pretty similar then I don't know why anyone would choose Crypti over Ether.
crypti PR

Crypti Public Relations

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 12:31:24 AM

So what's the big differences between Ethereum and Crypti? If they are pretty similar then I don't know why anyone would choose Crypti over Ether.

It's in the middle of the night right now. I will write down a longer answer tomorrow. For now I can say, there are several key differences between Ethereum and Crypti. And therefore also several key factors why Crypti should be chosen above Ethereum. Wink

Elokane

Activity: 817

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 08:05:12 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2020, 03:30:08 AM by Elokane

Interesting.

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
crypti PR

Crypti Public Relations

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 12:49:19 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2015, 01:20:18 PM by crypti PR

Hey, sorry for the late answer. You asked for the big differences, therefore I will only list the bigger items below. Correct me if I'm wrong. Smiley

I heavily suggest you watch the Crypti platform preview video and the preview video of our first dapp Encrypti. After you watched them you can understand much better, what I'm talking about below.

Ethereum is a smart contract platform, Crypti is a decentralized application platform.

Where is the difference? Well, Crypti offers an all-round package for hosting your decentralized applications, registering them on the blockchain and insertion into Crypti's own dapp store. One click on install and another click on launch, and your dapp already opens up in a new window. Ethereum only offers (as far as I know) a backend system, i.e. a system for the logic of decentralized applications. That means with Ethereum alone you can only combine several smart contracts to create the backend code of your decentralized application. After that you have to take care of the frontend, storage and so on for yourself.

Take a look at Augur or Gnosis, the frontend is hosted on a centralized server. While at Crypti it will be hosted at a maximum of 101 master nodes. Of course at Crypti you can also download it yourself (a click on install) and launch it locally.

Hundreds of sidechains versus one big mainchain

At Crypti you create a new sidechain for every dapp you create. This way the mainchain of Crypti will stay very small and will not get polluted/bloated with unnecessary or dead dapp data. On the other hand Ethereum saves everything on one chain, on the main chain. The future will show which model is better.

Yesterday the size of the Crypti blockchain (after 6 months) was 335MB, while Ethereums blockchain size was over 790MB 40 days after launch. I don't want to imagine what happens once there are 1000 smart contracts on Ethereum.

The same goes for the gas price in Ethereum, right now it's in a state where it doesn't need to grow. But once there are hundreds of contracts alive it will grow higher and higher beecause the computation power is saturated.

Crypti dapps are coded in JavaScript, while Ethereum relies on Serpent and Solidity.

I don't have any numbers to back my hypotheses, but there are probably 1M JavaScript developers world-wide. How many Serpent and Solidity programmers are there? A few hundreds maybe, Ethereum created these languages themselves. Crypti relies on a proven language instead to reinvent the wheel.

Crypti is running on DPoS, Ethereum on PoW

I'm no big fan of PoW and I'm sure there are many more like me. This is a personal preference. If you like DPoS/PoS more, go to Crypti. If you like PoW more (and want to ignore above points), go to Ethereum.

Last but not least, here is a comparison table I made in the past days. I will begin to distribute it in the coming days.

Morton Bitcoin Management

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 05:16:43 PM

Hey, sorry for the late answer. You asked for the big differences, therefore I will only list the bigger items below. Correct me if I'm wrong. Smiley

I heavily suggest you watch the Crypti platform preview video and the preview video of our first dapp Encrypti. After you watched them you can understand much better, what I'm talking about below.

Ethereum is a smart contract platform, Crypti is a decentralized application platform.

Where is the difference? Well, Crypti offers an all-round package for hosting your decentralized applications, registering them on the blockchain and insertion into Crypti's own dapp store. One click on install and another click on launch, and your dapp already opens up in a new window. Ethereum only offers (as far as I know) a backend system, i.e. a system for the logic of decentralized applications. That means with Ethereum alone you can only combine several smart contracts to create the backend code of your decentralized application. After that you have to take care of the frontend, storage and so on for yourself.

Take a look at Augur or Gnosis, the frontend is hosted on a centralized server. While at Crypti it will be hosted at a maximum of 101 master nodes. Of course at Crypti you can also download it yourself (a click on install) and launch it locally.

At Crypti you create a new sidechain for every dapp you create. This way the mainchain of Crypti will stay very small and will not get polluted/bloated with unnecessary or dead dapp data. On the other hand Ethereum saves everything on one chain, on the main chain. The future will show which model is better.

Yesterday the size of the Crypti blockchain (after 6 months) was 335MB, while Ethereums blockchain size was over 790MB 40 days after launch. I don't want to imagine what happens once there are 1000 smart contracts on Ethereum.

The same goes for the gas price in Ethereum, right now it's in a state where it doesn't need to grow. But once there are hundreds of contracts alive it will grow higher and higher beecause the computation power is saturated.

Crypti dapps are coded in JavaScript, while Ethereum relies on Serpent and Solidity.

I don't have any numbers to back my hypotheses, but there are probably 1M JavaScript developers world-wide. How many Serpent and Solidity programmers are there? A few hundreds maybe, Ethereum created these languages themselves. Crypti relies on a proven language instead to reinvent the wheel.

I'm no big fan of PoW and I'm sure there are many more like me. This is a personal preference. If you like DPoS/PoS more, go to Crypti. If you like PoW more (and want to ignore above points), go to Ethereum.

Last but not least, here is a comparison table I made in the past days. I will begin to distribute it in the coming days.

Gotcha. Thanks for the detailed explanation! I'll definitely look more into Crypti because DAPPs are obviously going to play a big part in the future.
crypti PR

Crypti Public Relations

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 05:35:22 PM

Gotcha. Thanks for the detailed explanation! I'll definitely look more into Crypti because DAPPs are obviously going to play a big part in the future.

You are welcome, the best thing you can do is of course to do due diligence and take a moment for yourself to think about each others advantages. Smiley

Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 10:22:45 PM

You are welcome, the best thing you can do is of course to do due diligence and take a moment for yourself to think about each others advantages. Smiley

Looks good. Thanks for the comparison update

Avalanche is a must own
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 06:27:56 AM

Looks good. Thanks for the comparison update

I think PoW is only temporary for Etherum. Pretty sure they are working on something else but I don't have a link handy. It's prob on their blog though.

crypti PR

Crypti Public Relations

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 10:50:46 AM

I think PoW is only temporary for Etherum. Pretty sure they are working on something else but I don't have a link handy. It's prob on their blog though.

You are right. They want to switch to PoS. Vitalik said it will likely take 1 year to do the change. And we know from Bitcoin how difficult it is for PoW coins to do hard forks. Especially if the miners will loose 100% of their revenue.

So let's wait.

50cent_rapper
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 10:53:43 AM

You are right. They want to switch to PoS. Vitalik said it will likely take 1 year to do the change. And we know from Bitcoin how difficult it is for PoW coins to do hard forks. Especially if the miners will loose 100% of their revenue.

So let's wait.

PoW coins is more expansive, cause each coin includes electricity bills. That's why they choise PoW - to make more money.
crypti PR

Crypti Public Relations

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 10:56:53 AM

So let's wait.

PoW coins is more expansive, cause each coin includes electricity bills. That's why they choise PoW - to make more money.

I think you meant expensive? Yes, this is true. Therefore I don't like PoW personally. Smiley It's wasteful. It will be very hard to make a switch.

Pages: « 1 ... 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 [567] 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: