Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:17:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 [753] 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984086 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
okaynow

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 12:45:32 AM

The NEM Community subreddit proudly presents:
The First XEM Reddit Giveaway:

The NEM community subreddit is hosting an off-site giveaway at www.reddit.com/r/nem to celebrate the launch of NEM and to give new users the chance to get their hands on their first few XEM and play around with it while at the same time promote XEM to users not affiliated with crypto.

The rules are simple:

1) Your reddit account must be older than 1 month.

2) Your XEM account must be empty. This giveaway is meant to give you your first coins.

3) Make a XEM meme or a post about XEM  in a forum or webpage NOT associated with NEM or cryptocurrencies.

4) The post you will link must be made at a time after this post

5) Post a reply in www.reddit.com/r/nem giveaway thread containing a link to your post or meme, your XEM address and a couple of words about your idea of what XEM is..

Welcome to XEM! Enjoy Your stay!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XEM holders that want to help with the giveaway can donate some XEM to the NEM community subreddit support address:

• NASMKE-QD226L-EAQSKL-IWU7WD-UF637B-BLHFLU-FJVP
or donate to users straight from your accounts.

This giveaway is sponsored by members of NEM community and the NEM community subreddit
Thank you for your support.

tweet and share the giveaway, do your part to help NEM grow organically.

1PeecNu1J8VNKpgR13nasMZWLcMZrwNJfc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mixmaster

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 12:56:36 AM

Any questions? Please check out our tutorials first: http://blog.nem.io/nem-tutorial-list/
CryptoCurrencyInc.com

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 01:13:50 AM

You can now purchase this original Bitcoin oil painting from me using Nem coins.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=807265.0

╓▄▌██P                   
                                                 ╔▄▌███▀███▌                   
                                           ▄▄▌██▀▀╚  ╓██╩██                     
                                     ▄▄███▀▀╙      ▄██  ▓█                     
                               ▄▌███▀▀+          ▄█▀   ▐█                       
                        ,▄▌███▀▀¬              ▓█▀     █▄                       
                  ,▄▌███▀▀                  ,██▀      █▌                       
               '█████▌▄▄,                 ╓██╩       ██                         
                  ▀██▌▐▀▀▀█████▌▌▄▄╓    ▄██¬        ▄█                         
                     ▀██▄        ╚▀▀▀████          ▐█═                         
                        ▀██▄        ▓█▀██          █▀                           
                           ▀██▄  ,██▀   █µ        ██                           
                              ▀███Z     ██       ██                             
                                ▐██     ▐█      ▄█                             
                              ,,╓╓█▓▄▌   █▌    ▐█U                             
                        º▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   ▀█    █▌                               
                          ▀█▓▓▓▓▓████▀█▌  █▌  ██                               
                            ▀███████▌  ▀█µ▀█ ██                                 
                              ▀█████     ███▓█                                 
                                ▐███      ▀██Ñ                                 
                                            ▀                             

jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 01:56:06 AM

so I have tried to istall the latest client ans it keep asking for 1.8 Java

I have installed java "8" several times now to try an fix that and restarted. No dice.

any help apreciated
Do you mean that the NEM installer doesn't work? You need 64 bit Java for that.

do you have a 32 bit windows?  

did you try the stand alone by chance?

http://blog.nem.io/windows-installation-guide-standalone/

also, please try this

http://blog.nem.io/how-to-remove-old-nem-software-versions/

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 01:58:29 AM

While OkayNow has always acted well on reddit, it should be noted that he is not an official part of the NEM development team, nor will any of the funds given to him be overseen by the NEM development or marketing team.   All funds held by the official NEM team are always held in multisig by at least 4 trusted members of the NEM team.  I would encourage OkayNow to do the same with funds donated to him as a security precaution.  Time after time in crypto computers are often hacked or passwords compromised.  This story is one we are all tired of in crypto and is one that I hope NEM can avoid, so as I security precaution I would encourage OkayNow to put the funds already donated to him in multisig with other trusted and known community members.  

greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 02:21:51 AM

While OkayNow has always acted well on reddit, it should be noted that he is not an official part of the NEM development team, nor will any of the funds given to him be overseen by the NEM development or marketing team.   All funds held by the official NEM team are always held in multisig by at least 4 trusted members of the NEM team.  I would encourage OkayNow to do the same with funds donated to him as a security precaution.  Time after time in crypto computers are often hacked or passwords compromised.  This story is one we are all tired of in crypto and is one that I hope NEM can avoid, so as I security precaution I would encourage OkayNow to put the funds already donated to him in multisig with other trusted and known community members.  

Isn't the community subreddit

r/ournem

Several people reached out to him on reddit to become additional moderators and were ignored ...

it seems he wants to control the whole subreddit by himself

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 02:50:28 AM

I have to say that all those complicated POI or PoA (node) or whatever leads to nothing but messing people's minds and others trying to exploite the system by spamming transactions etc...

The best egalitarian system would be a totally random harvesting, that way people with 10000 or 5000000 balance would have the same chance to find a block, this is such a waste of time man, i can't believe this.

Harvesting is to support the network and gives equal chances to newcomers wtf it seems so obvious. You keep your nems in the hope that it will gain value like bitcoin or any other coins, no need to make it a harvesting ponzi or something and have people shouting that pos related systems are making the rich richer.

Man, this is so simple.

No it is not simple...

I believe our devs would have it much easier for them to code a system where every node has the same chance on getting the block...
That wouldn't work because if I create a botnet with thousands of computers than i own the NEM.

Other route would be to give voting power to each monetary unit - like NXT did - then you have whales who get almost all the forging rewards and also it rewards hoarding

NEM is unique because of that Eigentrust model where the importance of each node is constantly calculated and it is most fair and also incentivizes spending and being useful and not just hoarding.

Glad to have you asking questions. Please stop by at http://nem.io/ and read more about NEM.

EDIT: also equal does not mean fair.

It is planned that in addition to harvesting that there will also be node rewards.  

So that people with high POI get fees, but that anybody running a full node and supporting the network whether they have big POI or not will still get an equal share of node rewards for that day.  

rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 02:52:31 AM

WE NEEED MARKETING!
Where are all those devs and marketers? since the launch devs and "marketers" (except patmast3r and gimre) just disapeard. Also i don't understnd why the op was deleted. Now if somebody new comes here problably will not click on that link, also there are not enough informations. The original op was much more better. If i'm not wrong the btt stakeholders doesn't even get their stakes. JUST IMAGINE THAT THESE PEOPLES GOT  2btc+ for free . Do you think they will hodl for another year? When they will get it, we have to expect a huge dump. I'm not of affraid of this dump because of the price ,anyway I'M NOT SELLING MINES. The problem is that, people around exchanges will see only that nem price is falling like hell, and they will NOT join the nem community.WE HAVE TO increase the community, we need more active devs and "marketers".
EDIT: yeah, and you can start to upbraid me, like patmast3r did after my other comment like this.

The best marketing would be 3-fold rise of the price, people would notice this for sure. 42'500 USD is enough for that.

So, since it is a no brainer, you will be a great hero for the NEM community and everyone will literally look up to you from below. Tell you what. Invest $100K, put $42.5K into marketing, invest the balance $57.5K into buying up some XEM, get 3-fold increase, sell XEM and you gain $172.5K. That would be $72.5K, clean into your pocket. Do that consistently and you don't need your Jinn.

Can we see you do it from above? Put the money where your mouth is.
NEMergizer

Activity: 313
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 03:19:29 AM

I am running multiple NIS Nodes on multiple VPS nodes running 24/7. I am wondering if anyone would be interested to gain delegate harvesting access at my nodes. I would charge very very low fee for such service probably 1$ or 2$ a month. Such fee is way much lower than the cost of setting up a VPS on your own. PM me if you are interested.
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 03:26:17 AM

I have to say that all those complicated POI or PoA (node) or whatever leads to nothing but messing people's minds and others trying to exploite the system by spamming transactions etc...

The best egalitarian system would be a totally random harvesting, that way people with 10000 or 5000000 balance would have the same chance to find a block, this is such a waste of time man, i can't believe this.

Harvesting is to support the network and gives equal chances to newcomers wtf it seems so obvious. You keep your nems in the hope that it will gain value like bitcoin or any other coins, no need to make it a harvesting ponzi or something and have people shouting that pos related systems are making the rich richer.

Man, this is so simple.

No it is not simple...

I believe our devs would have it much easier for them to code a system where every node has the same chance on getting the block...
That wouldn't work because if I create a botnet with thousands of computers than i own the NEM.

Other route would be to give voting power to each monetary unit - like NXT did - then you have whales who get almost all the forging rewards and also it rewards hoarding

NEM is unique because of that Eigentrust model where the importance of each node is constantly calculated and it is most fair and also incentivizes spending and being useful and not just hoarding.

Glad to have you asking questions. Please stop by at http://nem.io/ and read more about NEM.

EDIT: also equal does not mean fair.

It is planned that in addition to harvesting that there will also be node rewards.  

So that people with high POI get fees, but that anybody running a full node and supporting the network whether they have big POI or not will still get an equal share of node rewards for that day.  
Is there a set date when they will start?  As far as I understand the node rewards won't last forever,  so if this is true then it's just a temporary solution.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 04:12:29 AM

Good job for the opening post. Now it is more clear and all information are gathered on one place on the blog.
choochimil

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 06:47:50 AM

The price of NEM seems to be in a steady window now.

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
yshin365new

Activity: 289

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 06:48:25 AM

How to read(pronounce) "XEM"?
  [em]? or [nem]? or [eksem]? or [eksiem]?    Grin
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 06:55:08 AM

[em]? or [nem]? or...?    Grin

Zem (almost like Zen)

dem zemz

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
yshin365new

Activity: 289

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 07:00:41 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2015, 07:14:24 AM by yshin365new

[em]? or [nem]? or...?    Grin

Zem (almost like Zen)

dem zemz
Thanks!
I was confused because of XCP(Counterparty), XPY(Paycoin), XRP(Ripple).....
KeezAZA

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 07:13:54 AM

Apart from waiting. What else do I need to do to get my coins vested?
I have kept the client open for 4 days and 0 coins vested.

patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 07:19:09 AM

nothing. you dont even need the client open. theres a bug in displaying the vested balance right now.

KeezAZA

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 07:23:11 AM

nothing. you dont even need the client open. theres a bug in displaying the vested balance right now.
Thanks for the reply. I shall be patient.  Cry

patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 07:41:02 AM

Is there a set date when they will start?  As far as I understand the node rewards won't last forever,  so if this is true then it's just a temporary solution.

No date yet no. It'll need to be coded first.
They won't last forever and they are meant to be temporary.

They last 2-3 years. If after that amount of time the network is still not generating enough volume that the fees are rewarding harvesters enough then I'll personally start to re-consider my position towards NEM. 2-3 years should be enough to grow the ecosystem and make it usefull which in turn will cause volume and more reward for harvesters.

It's a temporary solution because only a temporary solution should be needed. There is a lot of thinking behind all of these things.

jubalix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 07:53:51 AM

so I have tried to istall the latest client ans it keep asking for 1.8 Java

I have installed java "8" several times now to try an fix that and restarted. No dice.

any help apreciated
Do you mean that the NEM installer doesn't work? You need 64 bit Java for that.

do you have a 32 bit windows?  

did you try the stand alone by chance?

http://blog.nem.io/windows-installation-guide-standalone/

also, please try this

http://blog.nem.io/how-to-remove-old-nem-software-versions/

yeah I am running 32 bit is a VM.

the old nem started up fine....but this version needs 64 bit?

Admitted Practicing Lawyer::BTC/Crypto Specialist. B.Engineering/B.Laws

https://www.binance.com/?ref=10062065
Pages: « 1 ... 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 [753] 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: