Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:58:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984137 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:18:37 AM

What about the stakes at NXT ae?
Is there a redempion process too or just an address to send back the Nemstake?

Will the distribution of the coins happen at the same time?

Please see "Phase 2" in the link above.

If I'm not mistaking, I think all distribution will happen at once.

Sorry, but I don´t understand the process for AE-Stackes.

If I start on Step-2, I should insert my Nem-Token on the page, but I don´t have a NEM-Token.
I have 2 NEM-Stakes on my AE  Undecided

This phase is only for people who do NOT have stakes on AE. The process for AE will be start in time.

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lyricz
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:21:03 AM

OK, Thanks Cool
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:33:14 AM

Why did you split the process into two with no clear definition of time between? Worst idea ever.

What does 'slight waiting period' mean? Cause if its more than 5 minutes its not a short time is it...and if its days or weeks then this is retarded way to distribute. You have made two steps separated by an undefined time delay for no apparent reason.

a) Everyone must be given time to register, that is obvious, and I guess doesn't have to be explained
b) We need to know how many unclaimed stakes will there be, before we start phase two

I also don't see the point. Do you want to block the valid accounts, if they don't register within 2 weeks?
I think it should be possible to claim even after half a year. If they don't its not bad. there are just less nem then...
There are surely people not looking in here that often, and then come after 2 months asking about their stakes. If they don't get their NEM, they are fudding arround crazily...

We had this discussion already on the official NEM forums countless times and have been firm on a one-month period for claiming stakes. There are many valid reasons for doing this, and they have all been discussed at great lengths. We want to be as accommodating as possible, but there are security and administrative issues that will arise if we allow for an indefinite claim period.

The intention of NEM is never to exclude anyone. The time limit of one month is not a scheme to try and scam anyone out of the stake that they have legitimately invested in. Please keep in mind that the responsibility of claiming stakes is not and should not be 100% on the shoulders of the NEM dev team/community leaders. As an investor, as with any other investment, there is a certain amount of responsibility that you must take on when you decide to invest. Part of that responsibility as an investor is doing your due diligence in keeping up with your own investments, especially one that you know will have a redemption period in which you must participate. This has been known for a long, long time now.

Any discussion on this matter has ended. The redemption period will not be extended, and it is best for NEM if we get this process over with as quickly and painlessly as possible. There will be some people who are not happy with the process. There will most likely be some people who will miss the redemption period and forfeit their stake. They will be unhappy. Unfortunately, especially with a project as large as NEM, you cannot always make everyone happy. No matter what path we decide to take, there will be complaints. We are doing what has been discussed for months now to be the best possible way for NEM to move forward.

I sincerely hope that everyone can understand this as we attempt to move forward through this transitionary period in the NEM life cycle. As with any transition, difficulties will arise. This is a massive project, with a massive number of participants from all around the world and it is all being organized and conducted by volunteers. I'm doing the best I can to try and help out with any issues people may have during this redemption process as a part of this community because I care about this community. I paid to be a stakeholder just like everyone else and everything I am doing now is not being compensated in any way. The same goes for everyone else on the NEM team.

We are only human. We will likely make mistakes, but I think I can speak for all of us trying to make this happen when I say that we will do whatever we can within our power to try and limit those mistakes and to try and resolve any issues that may occur if and when they do arise.

Again, I'm always here as unofficial support if you need it at any time throughout this redemption process. Feel free to PM me with any issues or concerns you might have and I will answer myself or get in contact with whoever I need to in order to help you. This month of redemption is going to be insanely hectic for everyone on the dev team as we move into beta and on to the official coin distribution. I sincerely hope to see cooperation from everyone in this community who truly believes in NEM to try and make this process as quick and painless as possible.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
McDoxy1

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:39:35 AM

Could someone please explain the process to me?

I don't have my stake on the  Nxt AE, I got mine per PM, I registered it on the site provided.

But I don't have a NEM address yet (even though on the infographic it says we should provide one on this site? There wasn't a field for that)

Where and when will we get our address?

(I also deleted my cookie to check the front page of the site again to make sure there wasn't a field for that. I hope that wasn't a mistake?)
patmast3r

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:47:02 AM

I don't have my stake on the  Nxt AE, I got mine per PM, I registered it on the site provided.

But I don't have a NEM address yet (even though on the infographic it says we should provide one on this site? There wasn't a field for that)

(I also deleted my cookie to check the front page of the site again to make sure there wasn't a field for that. I hope that wasn't a mistake?)

Everything looks fine in the db. You're good. Deleting the cookie doesn't matter either because we don't use them to track your stake or anything.

As we've said numerous times we'll provide a way to create an address soon enough.

McDoxy1

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:49:25 AM

Everything looks fine in the db. You're good. Deleting the cookie doesn't matter either because we don't use them to track your stake or anything.

As we've said numerous times we'll provide a way to create an address soon enough.

Okay thank you Smiley
amytheplanarshift

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:52:21 AM

For anyone confused by the infographic between steps 2 and 3, I apologize. My wording was not clear enough. The "waiting period" between steps 2 and 3 is not a matter of a few minutes. It will be days (I'm not sure what the exact target is for the timeline here) before we are ready to proceed to step 3. Once you enter your token on the website, that's all you can do for now.

patmast3r

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:55:34 AM

For anyone confused by the infographic between steps 2 and 3, I apologize. My wording was not clear enough. The "waiting period" between steps 2 and 3 is not a matter of a few minutes. It will be days (I'm not sure what the exact target is for the timeline here) before we are ready to proceed to step 3. Once you enter your token on the website, that's all you can do for now.

May even be weeks as there is an actual reason behind it and not just idiocrazy as I'm sure many suspect Smiley

lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:57:48 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2014, 10:09:02 AM by lordoliver

I sincerely hope to see cooperation from everyone in this community who truly believes in NEM to try and make this process as quick and painless as possible.

I am fine with that decision. But I see a problem with the leftover stakes. Just keeping (or selling) them doesn't look very good...
you have already a few to sell... it looks greedy... in my eyes all leftover stakes should be destroyed. that is creating value for everyone.
patmast3r

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 10:00:18 AM

I sincerely hope to see cooperation from everyone in this community who truly believes in NEM to try and make this process as quick and painless as possible.

I am fine with that decision. But I see a problem with the leftover stakes. Just keeping (or selling) them doesn't not very good...
you have already a few to sell... it looks greedy... in my eyes all leftover stakes should be destroyed. that is creating value for everyone.

We won't simply keep all of them. Who said anything like that ?
There a many options on what todo with unclaimed stake but let's wait how many there really are before we make a decision.

hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 10:31:19 AM

When you send the last message can you inform us about that? I worry about many people which will realize that someone has stolen their stakes just by reading the btt message first having silent access to their BTT account but without changing passwords neither emails (because the asset issuing was halted from security reasons so hackers have had only one possibility - to stay silent and not making the compromising detectable OR to wait with the acc theft up to day when the issuing will begin).

In Pump and Dump we trust.
speculanem

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 10:31:22 AM

Why did you split the process into two with no clear definition of time between? Worst idea ever.

What does 'slight waiting period' mean? Cause if its more than 5 minutes its not a short time is it...and if its days or weeks then this is retarded way to distribute. You have made two steps separated by an undefined time delay for no apparent reason.

a) Everyone must be given time to register, that is obvious, and I guess doesn't have to be explained
b) We need to know how many unclaimed stakes will there be, before we start phase two

c) getting rid of sock puppets

...nicely played NEM RULERS!
KingCole

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 10:41:04 AM

To the devs thank you this a huge milestone for NEM and I am looking forward to receiving my stake and the future.

To some others on the forum, come on read the instructions carefully. It is pretty clear what needs to be done and for goodness sake read the bit about the NEM address to ensure you don't use a test one. NEM stakes are worth around $1,000 so take they same level of care and time as if you were arranging to withdraw $1,000 of your own money from a "bank"

KC
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 10:42:11 AM

To the devs thank you this a huge milestone for NEM and I am looking forward to receiving my stake and the future.

To some others on the forum, come on read the instructions carefully. It is pretty clear what needs to be done and for goodness sake read the bit about the NEM address to ensure you don't use a test one. NEM stakes are worth around $1,000 so take they same level of care and time as if you were arranging to withdraw $1,000 of your own money from a "bank"

KC

Yep, all you do is:

1) enter your token on a web site
2) wait until we tell you how to generate your private key and register that

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
nembit86

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:00:31 AM

At no point in the instructions does it mention anything about private keys....

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 11:08:57 AM

Are we looking at the same thing?

https://medium.com/@xtester/nem-redemption-process-f90db6b10eef#a112
(Phase 2)

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
amytheplanarshift

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:12:04 AM

It's part of step 3 and I actually was not completely sure of how the process would work when I made the infographic since I am not part of the dev team. Looking back on it, I probably should have just ended the instructions at step 2 to reduce confusion because that's all that can be done right now. The instructions will be more clear when it's closer to time to proceed to step 3 (once the devs actually develop the method for generating the private keys). I will probably revise and make a new graphic when the time comes.

For now, all anyone needs to worry about is steps 1 and 2.

amytheplanarshift

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:16:41 AM

(Phase 2)

I think they are talking about in my infographic, which is true. Like I said, I probably should have either left out step 3 for now or made it more clear really.

rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 11:17:55 AM

Can someone remind me the best way to make a privatekey?  How many letters, symbols or numbers or a combo of all 3?  Mr Lackingintechieability here.

a site will be ready before launch to help create private keys

Cant we just create our own?. I was hoping to know how to do it now and Im not sure if I trust sites or managers and suchlike.

It's not decided yet if it's gonna be small standalone app or JS-based app
In any case we'll make sure, that the key is created on YOURs machine.

Ok, another daft question....when you say ' machine' do you mean anything that can connect to internet?  Desktop, laptop, i-pads and even phones with internet access and the whole claiming process can be done with any of these mentioned?

Some guys were saying they were on holiday (or on duty/ service or something )over the redemption period and couldnt claim but couldnt they use their phones?

Can someone answer these questions?

Desktop and laptop if it is a "machine". We haven't gone mobile yet. Wink
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 11:19:42 AM

(Phase 2)

I think they are talking about in my infographic, which is true. Like I said, I probably should have either left out step 3 for now or made it more clear really.

It is ok to amend as long as it is not going to change the sequence of the procedure or gives rise to further ambiguity.

Maybe silent step 2 as well. Just say wait for further instructions and look at the https://medium.com/@xtester/nem-redemption-process-f90db6b10eef#a112 for a full understanding of what's to come.
Pages: « 1 ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: