Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:33:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984190 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 05:15:05 PM

Charity: will create price decrease, because it will be just sold. You could also give them dollars...
PoW: seems ok for spreading to many people. of course its not green, but its only for the initial distribution
Giving to celebs: maybe, but somehow also unfair...
using for development: acceptable but not for ALL

Destroying or give more to stakeholders:
is really the same, thats why destroying is better, because of no additional work with it.
destroying raises prices. Thats good for the development and for the stakeholders and the only thing, that makes sence...
I don't think we can give anyone else, who is not selling them immediatelly.
The main problem of distribution is not to spread on many people but to spread on people who are not just dumping it.

Charity need not be "just sold" and then NEM is forgotten. Can we not think beyond how charity can be used as a means to an end? For example, we help a charitable organisation to distribute funds to the most remote parts of Africa using the NEM platform and make a case study of it for the world to see how NEM is used. Isn't this a good idea to gain world wide audience? Contribute a few NS and then get 100K readership. Is that a lot of money? A few hundred K people knowing here and there is enough to get the world's attention and use. Writing it off totally gives nothing in return and we haven't move an inch.

Destroying? Why does it make sense? We are only reducing the amount in circulation, thereby pushing the price up, but that will not make NEM great in the long run.

We need to make NEM great so that its price is pushed up on its merit, i.e., the demand for it to be used. Reducing circulation although will increase demand, is artificially created. We need to increase use and not take measures to increase value by destroying.

If we take note of what have been commented so far, everything seems to be yes/no, but I don't see a proper solution and in depth study on what can be done.

In short, every suggestion may have its merit. Don't close the door. Think deeper. If it is not right, make it right by thinking more about it. We need to exhaust every idea and turn them from a no-go to a go by making it work right.

I think I have said enough about thinking out of the box. Wink

all those attempts to spread are already proven not to work on tons of other coins. why should it work here?
if you really want to reach a lot of people you need their id, as stellar shows us.
I think we should either destroy the coins or do something really completely different.
For example: print loads of paper wallets with not to big amounts and give them for free on the street let mcdonald give them with the menu or something...

BTW: There will be surely enough people dumping their coins right after release. We should try to keep the price in reasonable levels. Destroying coins would help there more than giving it to people that are increasing the dumped coins on the exchanges... both is artifically changing the prices. One up and one down...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrkavasaki

Activity: 888
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 05:40:36 PM

so You guys think a 100million dollar marketcap in 2 years were realistic?

why you think nem needs 2 yrs for 100million usd marketcap?

so nem marketcap  i just 700k, right?
do you think it would take less than 2years to reach a 100million marketcap?
Lorenzo

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 05:57:30 PM

I recently bought 0.1 NEMstake using the NXT asset exchange.

Is this all I need to do for now? Am I all set or do I need to do anything else in order to claim ownership of my coins? And what will I need to do once the NEM blockchain is launched? How will I turn my NEMstake asset on the NXT AE into actual NEM coins?

anyone who holds nem on the AE does not need to do anything yet. when you do it should be as simple as sending you nemstake to a nxt address along with a nem address. that phase of the process hasnt been released yet so you dont need to do anything yet. but its advisable to check back atleast once a week. you should have plenty of time to proceed once the time comes.. atleast a couple weeks anyway so checking once a week should suffice.

Ah, good. Thanks. That was what I thought. Looking forward to seeing my 100,000 NEM soon. Smiley

How did you buy 0.1 NEM. I would like to buy some too. how can I do it step by step. NOOB here Smiley
and who's account is the most trusted on NXT-AE. Thank you

Not sure how others do it but what I did was:

1. Bought a bunch of NXT on an exchange. I used Poloniex but other exchanges such as Bter and Cryptsy work too.
2. Downloaded the NXT client from nxt.org.
3. Withdrew a couple thousand NXT from the exchange to my NXT wallet
4. Using the NXT client, I accessed the asset exchange and input the asset ID for NEMstake (12465186738101000735)
5. Submitted a buy order for 0.1 NEMstake (price was around 3,500 NXT for 0.1 NEMstake but it might be a bit higher now)

EDIT (and some additional notes): One NEMstake currently costs about 36,000 NXT. The minimum you can buy is 0.1 NEMstake which works out to about 3,600 NXT. I'd recommend using NXT's built-in passphrase generator unless you think you can create a highly secure brainwallet. Also, don't forget to enter your public key during withdrawal since this is a new requirement for first-time NXT withdrawals.

EDIT 2: Other than NEMstake, there are plenty of other nice assets on the NXT AE too and the process for buying them is the same as the above. Just input the asset's ID and it should show up. Check out coinmarketcap.com/assets for a list of the main ones.
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 06:12:51 PM

Is this all I need to do for now? Am I all set or do I need to do anything else in order to claim ownership of my coins? And what will I need to do once the NEM blockchain is launched? How will I turn my NEMstake asset on the NXT AE into actual NEM coins?

anyone who holds nem on the AE does not need to do anything yet. when you do it should be as simple as sending you nemstake to a nxt address along with a nem address. that phase of the process hasnt been released yet so you dont need to do anything yet. but its advisable to check back atleast once a week. you should have plenty of time to proceed once the time comes.. atleast a couple weeks anyway so checking once a week should suffice.

Ah, good. Thanks. That was what I thought. Looking forward to seeing my 100,000 NEM soon. Smiley

How did you buy 0.1 NEM. I would like to buy some too. how can I do it step by step. NOOB here Smiley

1. Bought a bunch of NXT on an exchange. I used Poloniex but other exchanges such as Bter and Cryptsy work too.
4. Using the NXT client, I accessed the asset exchange and input the asset ID for NEMstake (12465186738101000735)
5. Submitted a buy order for 0.1 NEMstake (price was around 3,500 NXT for 0.1 NEMstake but it might be a bit higher now)

EDIT (and some additional notes): One NEMstake currently costs about 36,000 NXT. The minimum you can buy is 0.1 NEMstake which works out to about 3,600 NXT. I'd recommend using NXT's built-in passphrase generator unless you think you can create a highly secure brainwallet. Also, don't forget to enter your public key during withdrawal since this is a new requirement for first-time NXT withdrawals.

EDIT 2: Other than NEMstake, there are plenty of other nice assets on the NXT AE too and the process for buying them is the same as the above. Just input the asset's ID and it should show up. Check out coinmarketcap.com/assets for a list of the main ones.

Perfect step by step as I had done. I am just confused how redemption will be handled, so just waiting for phase 2.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
yeyo101

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 07:20:40 PM

Thank you Lorenzo. Much appreciated. Cheers
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:34:44 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 04:44:54 AM by xtester

NEM Raison D'etre

There seems to be an interesting ongoing discussion regarding the unclaimed stakes.

I think we get far too easily carried away and decide on important things without putting some serious thought in their possible outcomes. In fact it often seems the most effective way to make important decisions is not to start from the point where we find ourselves at, but instead from the desired outcome, as if it had already happened, and reverse-engineer things from there, attempting to see what needed to have happened in order for us to get there. As Paul Graham put it, you have to "live in the future and build what's missing".

At the moment I think all the talk about getting more people into NEM and spreading NEM is somewhat misguided. Not because this is an undesirable thing, quite the contrary, it is rather because "more people coming to NEM" and "spreading NEM" happens as an effect of NEM having an obvious and unique utility which adds value to their life. Now, what is the reason d'etre for NEM? What is our native app? What do we offer that people love? What is our target or final purpose? I think these are some very important questions to ask ourselves. In fact as we approach beta and official launch, it may be the right moment to think about how NEM could move forward and become a real and novel economy, the premiere technological platform to build on and a very useful product which people would love.

When looking at the version of the future where NEM has succeeded, it becomes obvious that NEM has had to meet some necessary, though maybe not sufficient, conditions in order to achieve it. One of these conditions is without a doubt, speed of development. We are at a point in time where things evolve with increasing speed, and crypto is an ever changing field; in this context NEM finds itself on the cutting edge of the wave. We are setting now the foundation for the things to come and have a pretty good shot to become the "dominant species" if and only if we manage to act in a swiftly manner.

Our dev team has done a fantastic job up until now, putting an enormous amount of time, energy and effort into bringing NEM where it is today. Though as most of us here, they are quite limited in their resources, having day jobs and a whole lot of other things to take care of. Now think about if for a second, wouldn't it be great if at launch, we could assemble the most robust and agile full time development team in crypto? What if we would use our current position to run NEM at least for one year as a decentralized hybrid startup? When I say startup, I mean it as the most productive economic entity, trying to reach our target at full speed, in the most effective manner. What results would we be able to achieve if we would shift our view from asking "how can I get more NEM" to "what is the most effective way to reach our target in time with the given resources"?

Imagine how fast we could move forward if we would find a way to get our dev team to join full time. In addition to that, think how much better the team would be if we would also have someone full time on marketing, working side by side with a growth hacker to ensure effective and valuable ways to add new NEMsters. Some of the most essential qualities of a startup are speed and growth, if we would unite and pledge the needed resources to solve these two important problems, I have no doubt a lot of people would hear about NEM, and would start using NEM, and would love NEM, because before that, we would have created an insanely awesome NEM product. At least this is how a version of the future looks where NEM has already succeeded.  

In addition to all that, I think such a strategic move would naturally increase the value of NEM more than any other option and would also give NEM a real shot at becoming what it was meant for.

P.S. I do agree with conclusion of this article and will quote it here, it should serve as a good lesson of what I am speaking about:

"The market price of an asset in the short term is driven by emotion (greed vs fear), liquidity, technical factors, and a bunch of other things. Right now, those factors are driving down the price of Bitcoin. Last year they drove it up.

I continue to believe that the thing to watch is not the price chart, the volume chart, or any chart. The thing to look at is Github, Hackathons, Accelerators, and everywhere else that entrepreneurs and developers showcase their work. That’s where the future of Bitcoin and its promise will be determined. And right now, based on what I’m seeing, it’s future is very bright."

Simakki

Activity: 697

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 09:35:48 PM

Using leftover stakes for someone a hybrid startup NEM funds like xtester mentioned. It would be absolutely best choice for NEM and if Am i right in nemforum there was allready some suggestions how that fund could be build. I dont see any pros in AirDrop or POW over other altcoins buy with sophisticated development method, we could easily bring some noise!

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 09:37:21 PM

Awarding stakeholders with extra coins ultimately does nothing to advance the cause.

The above is a superb suggestion.
vfilchef

Activity: 58
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:00:58 PM

Is there a site or google Excel where i can see whether i registered my Token successfully or not?

You should see a green message telling you just that.

I checked the db though - you're good.
Can I ask if I in db.
I see the green message but when I delete cookies it is disappear  and then server was  down and I don't know if this delete db and I have to register token again.
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:59:21 PM

NEM's Reason D'etre

Superb post xtester. I agree wholeheartedly.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
zifcom

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 12:25:34 AM

HI.the token is sent out?

makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 01:34:28 AM

why not to buy nem gold and silver coins and send them to deserving stake holders as a gift

+1 Nakamoto!

A coin for every stakeholder would be awesome.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 04:16:18 AM

NEM's Reason D'etre

There seems to be an interesting ongoing discussion regarding the unclaimed stakes.

I think we get far too easily carried away and decide on important things without putting some serious thought in their possible outcomes. In fact it often seems the most effective way to make important decisions is not to start from the point where we find ourselves at, but instead from the desired outcome, as if it had already happened, and reverse-engineer things from there, attempting to see what needed to have happened in order for us to get there. As Paul Graham put it, you have to "live in the future and build what's missing".

At the moment I think all the talk about getting more people into NEM and spreading NEM is somewhat misguided. Not because this is an undesirable thing, quite the contrary, it is rather because "more people coming to NEM" and "spreading NEM" happens as an effect of NEM having an obvious and unique utility which adds value to their life. Now, what is the reason d'etre for NEM? What is our native app? What do we offer that people love? What is our target or final purpose? I think these are some very important questions to ask ourselves. In fact as we approach beta and official launch, it may be the right moment to think about how NEM could move forward and become a real and novel economy, the premiere technological platform to build on and a very useful product which people would love.

When looking at the version of the future where NEM has succeeded, it becomes obvious that NEM has had to meet some necessary, though maybe not sufficient, conditions in order to achieve it. One of these conditions is without a doubt, speed of development. We are at a point in time where things evolve with increasing speed, and crypto is an ever changing field; in this context NEM finds itself on the cutting edge of the wave. We are setting now the foundation for the things to come and have a pretty good shot to become the "dominant species" if and only if we manage to act in a swiftly manner.

Our dev team has done a fantastic job up until now, putting an enormous amount of time, energy and effort into bringing NEM where it is today. Though as most of us here, they are quite limited in their resources, having day jobs and a whole lot of other things to take care of. Now think about if for a second, wouldn't it be great if at launch, we could assemble the most robust and agile full time development team in crypto? What if we would use our current position to run NEM at least for one year as a decentralized hybrid startup? When I say startup, I mean it as the most productive economic entity, trying to reach our target at full speed, in the most effective manner. What results would we be able to achieve if we would shift our view from asking "how can I get more NEM" to "what is the most effective way to reach our target in time with the given resources"?

Imagine how fast we could move forward if we would find a way to get our dev team to join full time. In addition to that, think how much better the team would be if we would also have someone full time on marketing, working side by side with a growth hacker to ensure effective and valuable ways to add new NEMsters. Some of the most essential qualities of a startup are speed and growth, if we would unite and pledge the needed resources to solve these two important problems, I have no doubt a lot of people would hear about NEM, and would start using NEM, and would love NEM, because before that, we would have created an insanely awesome NEM product. At least this is how a version of the future looks where NEM has already succeeded.  

In addition to all that, I think such a strategic move would naturally increase the value of NEM more than any other option and would also give NEM a real shot at becoming what it was meant for.

P.S. I do agree with conclusion of this article and will quote it here, it should serve as a good lesson of what I am speaking about:

"The market price of an asset in the short term is driven by emotion (greed vs fear), liquidity, technical factors, and a bunch of other things. Right now, those factors are driving down the price of Bitcoin. Last year they drove it up.

I continue to believe that the thing to watch is not the price chart, the volume chart, or any chart. The thing to look at is Github, Hackathons, Accelerators, and everywhere else that entrepreneurs and developers showcase their work. That’s where the future of Bitcoin and its promise will be determined. And right now, based on what I’m seeing, it’s future is very bright."

This is an excellent post and one that really takes NEM in the right direction.  I do think it is very valuable to increase the devs ability to make NEM better and hopefully work full time. 

That being said, I think so of the most exciting growth from Bitcoin has not come necessarily from Bitcoin itself, but from all the third parties that are working on it to expand it. 

I would love to see ideas taken and brainstormed about what would the future financially system look like and how could NEM grow to meet those needs.  If either the devs or third parties met those needs, it would be just fine with me.  But yes, the core code will need a lot of work.  The three main competitors I see against NEM are Emunie, NXT, and Ethereum.  NEM will have stiff competition in each of these in many ways.  We need lots and lots of development, not just making the original stakeholders richer. 

I would love to see something set up that really encourages third parties to come to NEM and make it better.  I think Makato mentioned this somewhere. 

But whatever it is, for the long term goal of NEM being great, it needs to be handled with the upmost clarity, transparently and in a way that is completely clean.  Crypto is surrounded in scandel.  NEM needs to rise above this and be the clean blockchain with an honest start. 

I do also agree that if NEM is to be a serious contender, it needs a full time dev and full time marketing team.  No successful companies are made by part timers.  The core group needs to go all in. 

mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 04:16:23 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 04:43:27 AM by mladen00

why not to buy nem gold and silver coins and send them to deserving stake holders as a gift

+1 Nakamoto!

A coin for every stakeholder would be awesome.

+1

price of silver coin is 0,085 Nem stake (6/7 discount),
for that option we need about 180 unregistered shares.

Every stakeholder got's nem silver coin and devs got shares for development
(xtester idea is great)

IOTA
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 04:23:18 AM

NEM's Reason D'etre

This is an excellent post and one that really takes NEM in the right direction.  I do think it is very valuable to increase the devs ability to make NEM better and hopefully work full time. 

That being said, I think so of the most exciting growth from Bitcoin has not come necessarily from Bitcoin itself, but from all the third parties that are working on it to expand it. 

I would love to see ideas taken and brainstormed about what would the future financially system look like and how could NEM grow to meet those needs.  If either the devs or third parties met those needs, it would be just fine with me.  But yes, the core code will need a lot of work.  The three main competitors I see against NEM are Emunie, NXT, and Ethereum.  NEM will have stiff competition in each of these in many ways.  We need lots and lots of development, not just making the original stakeholders richer. 

I would love to see something set up that really encourages third parties to come to NEM and make it better.  I think Makato mentioned this somewhere. 

But whatever it is, for the long term goal of NEM being great, it needs to be handled with the upmost clarity, transparently and in a way that is completely clean.  Crypto is surrounded in scandel.  NEM needs to rise above this and be the clean blockchain with an honest start. 

I do also agree that if NEM is to be a serious contender, it needs a full time dev and full time marketing team.  No successful companies are made by part timers.  The core group needs to go all in. 

The idea I proposed was to use unclaimed stakes to create a fund that invests in dividend-paying ventures in the NEM ecosystem. For example, if someone wanted to create a social media app around NEM, the fund could invest in that and get paid dividends based on profits from the company.

Rockethead suggested that this fund could be a legit investment fund if we were to pay lawyers and get licensed people to run it (I am not sure of all the details). Given all the ponzi schemes, etc, out there in crypto land, having a legal fund that invests in NEM and pays dividends to NEM stakeholders could be quite a compelling idea.

Someone else also suggested that each NEM holder be given an asset representing the fund on the NEM asset exchange. Then they could freely trade their stake in the fund, which is also a compelling idea.

As xtester wrote, it depends on what we want to accomplish. There could be multiple areas of investment, including paying devs to work on the NEM core.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 06:00:39 AM

Is there a site or google Excel where i can see whether i registered my Token successfully or not?

You should see a green message telling you just that.

I checked the db though - you're good.
Can I ask if I in db.
I see the green message but when I delete cookies it is disappear  and then server was  down and I don't know if this delete db and I have to register token again.

The green message dissapear if you delete cookies yes. because with the session gone the portal can't know you already registered. I can't check the db right now but if you saw the green message you're good.

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 06:12:47 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 06:29:39 AM by TaunSew

What sort of compensation do you guys need to work fulltime?  As I understand most of you happen to live in developed countries with a high cost of living. 

I don't think competitive pay is possible yet because of the limited funds, low capitalization at the moment and the possibility that withdrawing large amounts of $Fiat would hurt NEM capitalization.  Maybe this could change years later?

What if you all relocated to place like Soukanville and you could get your living expenses or compensation down to $500 a month?   I bet you are already all saying NO but that's an option.  There's already many western expats and even some IT people in Cambodia as you can live for under $10 a day and still eat and drink out.  Maybe you could all get apartments nearby or live in a big party house with a private chef.   Cheesy

If I recall those Bitcoin dark wallet people are living in an illegal squat in Spain and are dumpster diving for food, so it could be worse.  Cheesy   Not even sure how they intend on making any money from that wallet so I guess it's some lifestyle choice.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 06:23:52 AM

What sort of compensation do you guys need to work fulltime?  As I understand most of you happen to live in developed countries with a high cost of living.  

I don't think competitive pay is possible yet because of the limited funds, low capitalization at the moment and the possibility that withdrawing large amounts of $Fiat would hurt NEM capitalization.  Maybe this could change years later?

What if you all relocated to place like Soukanville and you could get your living expenses or compensation down to $500 a month?   I bet you are already all saying NO but that's an option.  There's already many western expats and even some IT people in Cambodia as you can live for under $10 a day and still eat and drink out.  Maybe you could all get apartments nearby or live in a big party house with a private chef.   Cheesy

If I recall those Bitcoin dark wallet people are living in an illegal squat in Spain and are dumpster diving for food, so it could be worse.  Cheesy   Not even sure how they intend on making any money from that wallet so I guess it's some lifestyle choice.

We should start a NEM commune and all of us devs can live together Cheesy

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 06:30:32 AM

As awesome as fulltime devs sound I don't think that's even remotly fundable.

rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 06:36:18 AM

What sort of compensation do you guys need to work fulltime?  As I understand most of you happen to live in developed countries with a high cost of living.  

I don't think competitive pay is possible yet because of the limited funds, low capitalization at the moment and the possibility that withdrawing large amounts of $Fiat would hurt NEM capitalization.  Maybe this could change years later?

What if you all relocated to place like Soukanville and you could get your living expenses or compensation down to $500 a month?   I bet you are already all saying NO but that's an option.  There's already many western expats and even some IT people in Cambodia as you can live for under $10 a day and still eat and drink out.  Maybe you could all get apartments nearby or live in a big party house with a private chef.   Cheesy

If I recall those Bitcoin dark wallet people are living in an illegal squat in Spain and are dumpster diving for food, so it could be worse.  Cheesy   Not even sure how they intend on making any money from that wallet so I guess it's some lifestyle choice.

We should start a NEM commune and all of us devs can live together Cheesy

I remember I met someone, a canadian, who was married to a cambodian living in Cambodia recounting this story to me.

There was trouble recently and he went back to his wife's village to sit out for a couple of weeks. He could hear gun shots from a distance and was quite worried and frightened at first. After a while he got used to it. ;-)
Pages: « 1 ... 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: