Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:24:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 [320] 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984225 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:37:55 AM

Hello everybody,

I am thinking about investing in NEM. How many coins can I roughly expect to get for 1 NEMStake bought on the NXT AE?

Thanks!

1000 000

Thanks,

How many NEMStakes are they? And are all these NEMStakes = 4 billion NEMs?

Thanks

there will be a total of 4,000,000,000 nem after launch.

only 1000 stakes, (or 1,000,000,000 nem) were issued on the asset exchange. and of those only 775 stakes were claimed or distributed to stake holders on the asset exchange. so there are 2225 stakes that have never had anything to do with the AE the majority being stake holders who just didnt claim a stake on the AE.

So what will happen to these 225 stakes = 225,000,000 of coins? That is over 5%.
Also if I got it right, only 25% was offered on the NXT AE, right? Other 75% is distributed in the other ways and held in funds.

The most important question is what makes you guys better then NXT?

Well, for starters a much fairer initial distribution. NEM also has what I consider to be more competent devs and an overall better community. Right now, NEM is of course not as feature-rich as NXT but that will be changing rapidly after launch. NEM will have everything NXT has and more in the months to come, so that sets it apart in my opinion.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:41:15 AM

Amy is the singer?

No, that is KkotNEM (sp?) but she is not on these forums.

Oh ok and she is the same person on the website picture ? http://www.ournem.com/
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:54:04 AM

Hello everybody,

I am thinking about investing in NEM. How many coins can I roughly expect to get for 1 NEMStake bought on the NXT AE?

Thanks!

1000 000

Thanks,

Thanks

only 1000 stakes, (or 1,000,000,000 nem) were issued on the asset exchange. and of those only 775 stakes were claimed or distributed to stake holders on the asset exchange. so there are 2225 stakes that have never had anything to do with the AE the majority being stake holders who just didnt claim a stake on the AE.

So what will happen to these 225 stakes = 225,000,000 of coins? That is over 5%.
Also if I got it right, only 25% was offered on the NXT AE, right? Other 75% is distributed in the other ways and held in funds.

Well, for starters a much fairer initial distribution. NEM also has what I consider to be more competent devs and an overall better community. Right now, NEM is of course not as feature-rich as NXT but that will be changing rapidly after launch. NEM will have everything NXT has and more in the months to come, so that sets it apart in my opinion.

OK, so if I buy my NEMStake from the AE what do I need to do in order to obtain my NEMs?
Thanks
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:56:50 AM

Amy is the singer?

Oh ok and she is the same person on the website picture ? http://www.ournem.com/

I do believe that is her!

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:57:31 AM

OK, so if I buy my NEMStake from the AE what do I need to do in order to obtain my NEMs?
Thanks

Wait. The system for redemption hasn't been announced yet. It's just original stakeholders for now.
zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 12:03:29 PM

technical question; is it possible and useful to run multiple nodes behind one static ip? based on; more nodes - more secure?

ex:

[nemnode1]-----\
[nemnode2]------------[fw/router/gateway]-----[INET]
[nemnode3]-----/
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 12:22:03 PM

technical question; is it possible and useful to run multiple nodes behind one static ip? based on; more nodes - more secure?

ex:

[nemnode1]-----\
[nemnode3]-----/

Possible but will most likely not aid the network as much as if those were 3 seperated machines with 3 different IPs.

patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 12:31:56 PM

ex:

[nemnode1]-----\
[nemnode3]-----/

Possible but will most likely not aid the network as much as if those were 3 seperated machines with 3 different IPs.

what about "leasing" your harvesting power equally split to 3 different accounts that are harvesting on 3 different vpn's? thats something i would do.

Not sure it'll be possible to split your harvesting power over multiple nodes. Not sure though.

rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 12:32:47 PM

Amy is the singer?

She has an account but posts quite seldom: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=349781
zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 12:33:25 PM

ex:

[nemnode1]-----\
[nemnode3]-----/

yeah would be the same ip, got a vsphere esxi environment here so setup some nodes is easy.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 12:36:57 PM

Hello everybody,

Thanks!

1000 000

Thanks,

Thanks

i think you are miss understanding me..

there are 4000 stakes.. 3000 people signed up for 3000 stakes.. all stakes were attached to bitcointalk accounts and there was no way for anyone to trade their stakes etc. so i suggested months ago that stakes be issued on the nxt asset exchange. utopian/the team knew that not everyone would want to sell/trade their stakes so only 1000 stake assets were issued.

if any stake holders wish to move their stake to the AE they had to request a stake to be sent to them. out of the 3000 stake holders on the list, only 775 people had their stake sent to them so the remaining 2225 are people who just stayed on the stake holder list. so the remaining 2225 stakes are owned by users on the stake holder list.

the unclaimed stakes, we are not sure what will be done with those yet but if current pace of claimers continues there wont actually be any unclaimed stakes. the longer this pace continues the more likely we will have very few left over. having no unclaimed would be a dream come true but it is unlikely to happen.

we have a vast amount of benefits over nxt. starting with distribution which, if all goes well will be total opposite of nxt's distribution model. in nxt you have 75% held by a handful of people(and its actually getting worse now) and the other 25% held by perhaps a few thousand. in nem you will have 25% held by few(but probably more people than the few in nxt) and 75% of the coins held by a vast majority and this is prior to even launching. many of the larger holders will sell off to a fleet of smaller buyers improving distribution further.

nem is written from scratch and will have a new algorithm called proof of importance which rewards nodes based on how important they are to the network instead of just based on who has the most coins. this will help drive active use of coins and further distribution. it also gives small holders a very very fair chance at forging regardless of whether they have far fewer coins than the largest holders. it will also discourage hoarding and brings many other benefits.

nem will use local wallets first but soon there you will have the ability to create brain wallets also.. think electrum. adding greater security but also great ease of use and convenience.

remote harvesting and multisignature will also be ready for beta release prior to distribution adding a vast amount of security for accounts allowing people to harvest from secure accounts with out any worry of coins being stolen.

there are a whole plethora of other benefits over nxt but i think those are the main points.

wow i just remembered how AWESOME nem is! Grin

Thanks for taking time to explain me. Now it is clear.
I really like NXT and have been a member of that community for a while. To be honest, I am not sure anymore that they will ever solve a problem of the initial distribution. Pressure on the price is enormous and without rise in price there is no further adoption.

Also, some of the most important NXT DEVs are starting other projects on the side which means that they are not developing NXT anymore.
Djinou94
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 12:46:25 PM

Amy is the singer?

She has an account but posts quite seldom: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=349781

She's beautiful
Is it Makoto girl friend?  Roll Eyes
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 12:49:53 PM

Amy is the singer?

She's beautiful

Makoto is unfortunately single   Cry

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
Djinou94
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 01:07:29 PM

Amy is the singer?

She's beautiful

Makoto is unfortunately single   Cry

I declare open the kkotnem operation seduction  Tongue
starfishi

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 01:08:04 PM

Amy is the singer?

Every time, i see that picture, i want to gently, very very gently, bite into her neck . . . Smiley
(hope your not jealous, amy)

makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 01:13:26 PM

vampire starfish
https://img1.etsystatic.com/036/1/7452418/il_340x270.536797839_jkqo.jpg

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
crimi

Activity: 147

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 01:19:40 PM

we have a vast amount of benefits over nxt. starting with distribution which, if all goes well will be total opposite of nxt's distribution model. in nxt you have 75% held by a handful of people(and its actually getting worse now) and the other 25% held by perhaps a few thousand. in nem you will have 25% held by few(but probably more people than the few in nxt) and 75% of the coins held by a vast majority and this is prior to even launching. many of the larger holders will sell off to a fleet of smaller buyers improving distribution further.

Didnt thought nxt distribution its still that bad, it actually is. 

https://nxtblocks.info/#section/blockexplorer_distribution

But nem also does not look that good to be fair.

https://nxtblocks.info/#section/assets_exchange/stakeholders/12465186738101000735

Fair distribution is a fairytale.  Cheesy
LemonAndFries

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 01:20:36 PM

Amy is the singer?

Every time, i see that picture, i want to gently, very very gently, bite into her neck . . . Smiley

Do we have to go through this again?  Grin

This is why we can't have nice things.
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 01:26:12 PM

Didnt thought nxt distribution its still that bad, it actually is. 

https://nxtblocks.info/#section/blockexplorer_distribution

But nem also does not look that good to be fair.

https://nxtblocks.info/#section/assets_exchange/stakeholders/12465186738101000735

Fair distribution is a fairytale.  Cheesy

Biggest penguin is 32 stakes. Doesn't seem THAT bad.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
starfishi

Activity: 175

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 01:26:51 PM

Amy is the singer?

Do we have to go through this again?  Grin

This is why we can't have nice things.

Can you think of nicer things . . ?

Pages: « 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 [320] 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: