Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:43:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenBazaar - decentralized eBay  (Read 41595 times)
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 08:20:52 PM

well ebay will loose market interest too fast after openbazaar goes live and first transactions happens without problems... its happening bitcoin will take down a huge wall and 15% fee is really a lot money
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 08:23:17 PM

well ebay will loose market interest too fast after openbazaar goes live and first transactions happens without problems... its happening bitcoin will take down a huge wall and 15% fee is really a lot money

It will probably be a long battle.  Ebay and other sites uses google to advertise.  OB will have to become the #1 known market place so people dont even bother with google ads. 
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1072

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 08:31:03 PM

It will probably be a long battle.  Ebay and other sites uses google to advertise.  OB will have to become the #1 known market place so people dont even bother with google ads. 

This ^^ 

And if people don't bother to switch the way they search for products (major search engines) they most likely won't be presented competing items from OB.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 08:45:34 PM

It will probably be a long battle.  Ebay and other sites uses google to advertise.  OB will have to become the #1 known market place so people dont even bother with google ads.  

I think it'll become a healthy niche. It would need a gargantuan push and some fancy new layers on top to reach a point where it started to eat in to Ebay.

That said, I'm sure there are plenty of buyers and sellers who are growing increasingly sick of being ravaged by fees, shitty products and charge backs. They have an actual incentive to find better alternatives. Most of them would need plenty of hand holding though.

Every Ebay alternative so far has been pitifully empty but they were just clones that didn't really bring anything new. This does. Whether the masses choose to recognise that is a different matter.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 07:14:56 AM

It will probably be a long battle.  Ebay and other sites uses google to advertise.  OB will have to become the #1 known market place so people dont even bother with google ads.  

it's all about security really, if customers that are approaching open bazard, will find it more secure and convenient, they will switch, but it is not easy to beat amazon or ebay at this point, they are far too strong

there is the possibility that open bazar will remain active for a niche market and nothing more
WhatTheGox
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 01:09:22 PM

I think it'll become a healthy niche. It would need a gargantuan push and some fancy new layers on top to reach a point where it started to eat in to Ebay.

That said, I'm sure there are plenty of buyers and sellers who are growing increasingly sick of being ravaged by fees, shitty products and charge backs. They have an actual incentive to find better alternatives. Most of them would need plenty of hand holding though.

Every Ebay alternative so far has been pitifully empty but they were just clones that didn't really bring anything new. This does. Whether the masses choose to recognise that is a different matter.

If bitcoin can be super easy to get by any idiot - so like if bitcoin was in a paypal wallet for fiat to bitcoin conversion for example.  Then ebay sellers can put a link to their open bazaar store with every sale in the post.

OB could become like the internet for trading.... currently if you want information you go to the internet.  If you want products bought or sold you just go to OB.
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 03:02:35 PM

If bitcoin can be super easy to get by any idiot - so like if bitcoin was in a paypal wallet for fiat to bitcoin conversion for example.  Then ebay sellers can put a link to their open bazaar store with every sale in the post.

OB could become like the internet for trading.... currently if you want information you go to the internet.  If you want products bought or sold you just go to OB.

I dont think ebay allows external links to other stores, unless OB get categorize has social media which i dont think that would be the case, I'm the ebay people are aware of the competition that coming, lets say ebay is gen 1.0 of market places with bitcoin we can go pass gen 3.0 in market places.

knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 11:36:59 PM

the thing is openbazar will strike ebay it will be a long time but every day a new person joins bitcoin world.....soo ebay will start to loose one by one after this goes lives ebay is the king but ,facebook is the king now it werent before.... bitcoin is the new facebook huge potencial and a lot support on it already
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 11:44:06 PM

the thing is openbazar will strike ebay it will be a long time but every day a new person joins bitcoin world.....soo ebay will start to loose one by one after this goes lives ebay is the king but ,facebook is the king now it werent before.... bitcoin is the new facebook huge potencial and a lot support on it already

ebay won't lose. it is an will stay on top. open bazaar is a great project but not a threat in any way to ebay. and never will be.
Acidyo

Activity: 588

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 12:54:20 AM

Its been close to a year, is there any update on beta phase ? Would really like to see this give ebay a run for its money. It's time for change!
dKingston

Activity: 482

LAUNDER BITCOIN: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 01:17:55 AM

The first nail in eBay's coffin.. AWESOME!!!
Can't wait for the day eBay shuts its offices and fires their incompetent employees. I will put extreme efforts into this project to make it a success.

I second that! I despise EBay .. good riddance to them. I open OpenBazaar puts them out of business

LAUNDER & ANONYMIZE YOUR BITCOIN:
https://www.BitLaunder.com/?aid=41
wywoc1

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 05:39:49 AM

I was waiting one year for it because it hasn't window version.I hope OpenBazar succeed  ,strike Ebay, Taobao,etc
WhatTheGox
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 06:15:08 AM

ebay won't lose. it is an will stay on top. open bazaar is a great project but not a threat in any way to ebay. and never will be.

The 2 might run side by side but if it works out OB could dent ebay business sales like email has done to post (we've heard that enough i know).  While google is the main search engine people use the auction sites will always find some business.
eerygarden

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 07:37:22 AM

Bitcoin clearly needs to fly first for openbazaar to take off. In my country to get bitcoins instantly you need to pay 5% above the market rate. Will people do that in order to use OB? I dunno. I think only bitcoin fans and those who like tech and probably those that hodled before the last bubble and others before the next bubble (if it ever comes).

You may get a few that decide to use it because it works out cheaper, but i think that a lot of people wont want the math problem and will dismiss the option as they find the process too cumbersome. I am not sure how how to get over this hurdle. Just keep talking about bitcoin i guess.

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 09:51:30 AM

Bitcoin clearly needs to fly first for openbazaar to take off. In my country to get bitcoins instantly you need to pay 5% above the market rate. Will people do that in order to use OB? I dunno. I think only bitcoin fans and those who like tech and probably those that hodled before the last bubble and others before the next bubble (if it ever comes).

You may get a few that decide to use it because it works out cheaper, but i think that a lot of people wont want the math problem and will dismiss the option as they find the process too cumbersome. I am not sure how how to get over this hurdle. Just keep talking about bitcoin i guess.

What do you mean bitcoin needs to fly first? If bitcoins are difficult or expensive to buy in your country you can find other channels to purchase them. People will sell you them here in a variety of different ways.
Anony

Activity: 308

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 10:10:23 AM

Finally something I have been waiting for, OpenBazaar is pretty much a decentralized ebay based on DarkMarket which is a P2P trading platform.

http://www.btcfeed.net/news/openbazaar-is-the-decentralized-ebay/

Can't wait to use it, theres not gonna be the 15% ebay fees and no more paypal stealing your hard earned money

Is OpenBazaar itself a marketplace ? I was checking http://openbazaar.org ...there is nothing !!!
eBay is an ecommerce site which uses centralized network to sell their products.
As new technology evolved .eBay has switch from centralized to decentralized using P2P trading platform.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
WhatTheGox
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 10:22:02 AM

What do you mean bitcoin needs to fly first? If bitcoins are difficult or expensive to buy in your country you can find other channels to purchase them. People will sell you them here in a variety of different ways.

They are still a pain to get though, i sell clothing on ebay currently, my main target market is probably mostly girls/women from 15-30, they will have no clue how to buy when i start linking them to my open bazaar store.  We need full paypal integration most likely.
eerygarden

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 11:57:38 AM

Where is here?

I know there are different ways to purchase them, but none of them are ideal. Presumably openbazaar will have a function when it is first released to display BTC prices in the users local FIAT currency. Say a pair of trainers pop up for £50. Now a UK user that is completely new to bitcoin has a few options, he could go to somewhere like localbitcoins.com and purchase £50 worth of bitcoins for £52.50 and make his purchase that way, or he could send £51 or so over to an exchange and make a purchase that way, but this way he will face bank charges and days of waiting for his funds to clear.

Now perhaps £52.50 would still be cheaper than this user could get the trainers from elsewhere and he may decide to proceed with the purchase. What I am saying though is that a lot of people could be turned off due to this as it may be viewed as cumbersome.

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 12:21:57 PM

They are still a pain to get though, i sell clothing on ebay currently, my main target market is probably mostly girls/women from 15-30, they will have no clue how to buy when i start linking them to my open bazaar store.  We need full paypal integration most likely.

Lol, open bizaar isn't going to work with PayPal and Paypal wouldn't work with them. Open Bizaar also isn't going to be for everyone and will likely be somewhat of a niche but will grow over time and get easier to use as will bitcoin. People have often compared blockchain.info to PayPal and I don't think they're much different at the end of the day.
WhatTheGox
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 05:07:10 PM

Lol, open bizaar isn't going to work with PayPal and Paypal wouldn't work with them. Open Bizaar also isn't going to be for everyone and will likely be somewhat of a niche but will grow over time and get easier to use as will bitcoin. People have often compared blockchain.info to PayPal and I don't think they're much different at the end of the day.

No i dont mean it working directly with paypal, i mean something as simple and well known as paypal providing an easy way for people to convert from dollars to bitcoin.  After that they can purchase by sending bitcoin out via paypal platform.  This means people never have to mess with bitcoins wallets they dont understand.  Just a once click payment process.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: