Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:25:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenBazaar - decentralized eBay  (Read 41595 times)
Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 07:06:30 AM

I really cant wait to list my old miners! Looking forward to paypal not getting 15% of my sale, and not having to worry about those darn reversal scams.
chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:46:35 AM

finally i have complete my first purchase Tongue Is very complicated with this notary system. I have try several times to complete an order without a notary but my orders stays forever in "sent" status. Finally i have choose a real notary and i have complete my order a ledger wallet. I have done the payment yesterday and i hope to see it the ledger guy there Tongue to sent my item.

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:51:34 AM

finally i have complete my first purchase Tongue Is very complicated with this notary system. I have try several times to complete an order without a notary but my orders stays forever in "sent" status. Finally i have choose a real notary and i have complete my order a ledger wallet. I have done the payment yesterday and i hope to see it the ledger guy there Tongue to sent my item.

i'm really looking forward to this, is this an used thing i suppose? in the future it would be cool to buy non-used things from shop that will utilize open bazar for their business
chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:53:12 AM

i'm really looking forward to this, is this an used thing i suppose? in the future it would be cool to buy non-used things from shop that will utilize open bazar for their business

No is the official Ledger hardware wallet shop in openbazaar
they have done and another sale before one week i think

https://twitter.com/LedgerHQ/status/610355906421870592

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 12:26:52 PM

When will it be ready for the public?
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 03:07:47 PM

https://twitter.com/openbazaar/status/613142330846113792 I'm joining their slack, is just a better way to see how things are coming along, well it has taken off since they got funding, I'm glad they did because at some point i thought it was gonna die since other markets had come out.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 03:37:42 PM

No is the official Ledger hardware wallet shop in openbazaar
they have done and another sale before one week i think

https://twitter.com/LedgerHQ/status/610355906421870592

yeah but what i mean is that it should work like ebay were you can buy used and new things, you can choose right(but without the middle man)? how it work exactly

When will it be ready for the public?

they said around october last time i checked
keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 07:43:01 PM

great to hear you've officially used Open Bazaar! you're one of the first customers that I'm aware of making a physical purchase. hope to set up my own store there eventually though it will probably be just digital goods.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 08:39:40 PM

Subscribing to this thread, really can't wait for openbazaar

Fuck ebay and scampal
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:04:30 PM

welll this project has all to get and be in the top on the next years and for a long time soo as most of you i hope it gets live soon to be able to sell and buy things for btc without worry
eerygarden

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:42:09 PM

I had a quick look on the site and through it's FAQ for the answer to my question but couldn't see an answer.

Are payments always made 100% up front? If so there are going to be scams on the vendor side.

When transactions can be 'released' after a courier tracking service status is set to "delivered", we will have reached a special moment in time.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 12:08:30 AM

I had a quick look on the site and through it's FAQ for the answer to my question but couldn't see an answer.

Are payments always made 100% up front? If so there are going to be scams on the vendor side.

When transactions can be 'released' after a courier tracking service status is set to "delivered", we will have reached a special moment in time.

Anything could be in the tracked box, or the box could be empty, as I have personal knowledge of a Bitmit escrow scammer doing that. IIRC, the documentation said there are 4 payment options that will be in OpenBazaar's stable public release (as opposed to only 1 in beta). Only one of them will be direct payment from buyer to seller, the rest will involve a 3rd party.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 05:09:19 AM

Better to use Peter todds op checkverify script for escrow
eerygarden

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 08:53:31 AM

Anything could be in the tracked box, or the box could be empty, as I have personal knowledge of a Bitmit escrow scammer doing that. IIRC, the documentation said there are 4 payment options that will be in OpenBazaar's stable public release (as opposed to only 1 in beta). Only one of them will be direct payment from buyer to seller, the rest will involve a 3rd party.
Yes. I found the blog last night and was reading about notaries. I was thinking the ideal party to do this could be the courier as that confines the trade to the only three parties who are involved in the exchange. You could argue conflict of interest, but reputation should be pretty important to a professional courier.

The buyer could check the package before he signs. This would be more time consuming for the courier for which he could adjust his prices for.

Will openbazaar run like a website like eBay or will each user need to install a piece of software?
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 08:57:51 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2015, 09:09:02 AM by Amitabh S

The first nail in eBay's coffin.. AWESOME!!!
Can't wait for the day eBay shuts its offices and fires their incompetent employees. I will put extreme efforts into this project to make it a success.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 09:00:06 AM

Subscribing to this thread, really can't wait for openbazaar

Fuck ebay and scampal

+1, as an ebay seller i cant wait.  Already paid out several thousand in fees to ebay over the last year all that money could go to better causes then rich share holders.
ThEmporium

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 09:15:47 AM

As Quoted from above link "OpenBazaar will not adhere to those regulations. OpenBazaar is a protocol and trading platform, not a business and not even an arbitrator. It is up to individuals to comply to local laws and their own consciences."
Regards to the sentence of local laws, I still think that there won't be any freedom for an individual, Government will try to add more regulations if they ascertain that it is against their protocols.
Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 09:51:16 AM

Can't wait for the day eBay shuts its offices and fires their incompetent employees. I will put extreme efforts into this project to make it a success.

But is there already an open to use version of OpenBazaar ? Never saw any releases, that one can try out. For now it's just vaporware, but i hope it will change soon.

Can't stand anymore to pay +15% to ebay, when selling on their site.
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 01:13:18 PM

But is there already an open to use version of OpenBazaar ? Never saw any releases, that one can try out. For now it's just vaporware, but i hope it will change soon.

Can't stand anymore to pay +15% to ebay, when selling on their site.

We just have to wait a bit longer for user friendly versions and with that will come a decent market place where people can buy/sell hopefully make a living by trading without fees. Smiley
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 04:57:35 PM

Will openbazaar run like a website like eBay or will each user need to install a piece of software?

Both. There will be the software and services like this one https://provistor.com/

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: