Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:26:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SC] SilkCoin - Takeover and Rebuilding Discussion/Proposal  (Read 60561 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:34:46 PM

I know it's a choice of the whole community, but your going to face some practical problems if you keep sticking with the same name.

Change it at least to Silk!

This is a very valid argument and I agree. Silk would be a very good choice.

BTW, all who insist on keeping the same name, please provide some feedback about how you suggest these aforementioned practical and inevitable problems could be solved. IMO, only the old devs would have a valid reason to keep the name 'silkcoin'.

I agree, I feel there is need for slight rebranding, i myself dont like having to, but i think it will avoid alot of marketing issues with domains, twitter, facebook etc.

I dont have any issue with using Silk or "Silk Crypto"(as the coins ecosystem)

If there is overwhelming support for keeping silkcoin, then im not going to go against that decision.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Delita Heiral

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:52:05 PM

Silkstream>Silk Crypto

Silk is a good name for the actual currency, sets it aside from the coins
mbishop75

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:02:14 AM

There was a poll the other day. Last I saw "Silkcoin" was overtaking all the options. http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=53b09f5ce4b0d5f2a7af9a52

I really like "PhenoCoin" as a name but maybe just not for this particular coin.

Personally when I hear Pheno, I feel like it has a negative connotation because "Phenobarbital is a barbiturate, nonselective central nervous system depressant which is primarily used as a sedative hypnotic and also as an anticonvulsant in subhypnotic doses" (definition from rxlist.com).
CryptoGuy

Activity: 524
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:05:24 AM

If a rebrand is going to happen I will put in a bid for "CryptoSilk". It rolls off the tongue easily and still retains Silk in its name. That along with the eco-system and all the features built into the wallet, it makes using cryptos easy. Smooth as silk if you will. Then change the ticker to SILK and call it a job done.

<Insert favorite coin here>
m104323419

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:13:40 AM

我们需要有一个软件发开,bholzer可能是骗子.MEGAman可能和他有关系或者是同一个人
j5crypto

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:00:56 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2014, 01:20:23 AM by j5crypto

Silkcoin2.0 on all pages BTT/Facebook/Twitter/+ done.

Your welcome. I was just being courteous, this wasn't a request! Do it!

Seriously though, its not a bad ideal, right?

papasmurph

Activity: 503
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:35:07 AM

I am using 1.0.9. synced and staking... is there a new wallet out?

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Bitcoinasourus

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:58:00 AM

Just found the qt wallet v1.0.9 I had downloaded a while ago.

Code:
silkcoin-qt.exe 1.0.9
MD5: edd60792717d5fe602bbf1f2d36a0627
SHA-1: 6b9bbf1c15ae1e175cb607ba10476ce777fd3dda

It loaded fine. Now I'm waiting for it to complete syncing.

Update: Stuck in block 60000. Will wait for the new release of the wallet. Too skeptical to use 1.0.9.2.

I was running the 1.0.9 version and it was working until a few hours ago. I am running win8 . I am setting up a fresh mining machine tonight so I was going to try the wallet on a fresh install, see how that goes.
nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:10:42 AM

Hey, You have just given me an idea!
We should just rebrand to SilkCoin 2!

dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 02:15:14 AM

Cheesy Roll Eyes Tongue

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:15:27 AM

Just found the qt wallet v1.0.9 I had downloaded a while ago.

Code:
silkcoin-qt.exe 1.0.9
MD5: edd60792717d5fe602bbf1f2d36a0627
SHA-1: 6b9bbf1c15ae1e175cb607ba10476ce777fd3dda

It loaded fine. Now I'm waiting for it to complete syncing.

Update: Stuck in block 60000. Will wait for the new release of the wallet. Too skeptical to use 1.0.9.2.

I was running the 1.0.9 version and it was working until a few hours ago. I am running win8 . I am setting up a fresh mining machine tonight so I was going to try the wallet on a fresh install, see how that goes.

Make sure to delete old app data before to rollback and reinstall.  Think i had that issue.  DONT DELETE .DAT file though!

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
bmwz520

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:20:08 AM

Bholzer why not to utter a single word, he is in make fun of with us?
arteleis

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:23:16 AM

Cheesy Roll Eyes Tongue

Is good.. but 2.0 maybe a bit overdone? What about Silkcoin 1.1?
  1 for crypto and 1 for community?
  Everyone does 2.0.  Just a thought.

ifxist

Activity: 74

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:54:01 AM

SilkCoin is Hiring.

+1.  I would rather donate 1/2 my coins to hire devs to to assist in the project and make my last 1/2 worth more then to cash out now.  It's a bigger risk, but I believe it'll be a bigger reward at the end and a heck of a lot more satisfying!
j5crypto

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:40:51 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2014, 04:10:06 AM by j5crypto

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Silkcoin 2
Silkcoin Ecosystem 2

+1.  I would rather donate 1/2 my coins to hire devs to to assist in the project and make my last 1/2 worth more then to cash out now.  It's a bigger risk, but I believe it'll be a bigger reward at the end and a heck of a lot more satisfying!

I would rather find devs who want to help and get paid by investing into Silkcoin2 instead of Devs that just want to get paid. We can always subcontract work, but I would not call them trusted Devs. The original Dev team built this, and it is their baby, they would be best to keep it going, but they abandoned the baby so an opportunity has arisen for a new Dev/s to takeover and continue where the old devs left off or surpassing them.

Bholzer. Usually when a dev does not respond, for awhile, the project might have been more difficult than it seamed to be at first. I remember times when i would just cut off all interference until my project was completed because i didn't want distractions. I trust Bolzer and have no problem giving him the time he needs.

I think you guys need to talk with the old main graphics developer and try and get him to sign on. He mentioned that we was going off on his own to start silky. Try and see if he can update graphics and help with a new website. The guy is quality and not easy to replace.
nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 04:48:48 AM

Silkcoin 2
Silkcoin Ecosystem 2

+1.  I would rather donate 1/2 my coins to hire devs to to assist in the project and make my last 1/2 worth more then to cash out now.  It's a bigger risk, but I believe it'll be a bigger reward at the end and a heck of a lot more satisfying!

I would rather find devs who want to help and get paid by investing into Silkcoin2 instead of Devs that just want to get paid. We can always subcontract work, but I would not call them trusted Devs. The original Dev team built this, and it is their baby, they would be best to keep it going, but they abandoned the baby so an opportunity has arisen for a new Dev/s to takeover and continue where the old devs left off or surpassing them.

Bholzer. Usually when a dev does not respond, for awhile, the project might have been more difficult than it seamed to be at first. I remember times when i would just cut off all interference until my project was completed because i didn't want distractions. I trust Bolzer and have no problem giving him the time he needs.

I think you guys need to talk with the old main graphics developer and try and get him to sign on. He mentioned that we was going off on his own to start silky. Try and see if he can update graphics and help with a new website. The guy is quality and not easy to replace.
Yes I agree, we just need to give Bholzer more space and not pester him for it to be finished. im sure he's reading our posts and is probably looking at the trello page too.
He may surprise us all with what he has in store.

In the meantime, we're hiring!
Have you got what it takes?

yell4george

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:00:05 AM

My theory is bolzer is busy working on his own coin. One of his last post says that an update is due for Murraycoin on July 4th.

[quote author=bholzer link=topic=436190.msg7610895#msg7610895 date=1404177092

... I have some commitments I have made to some other coin communities that will keep me somewhat occupied throughout the remainder of the week; ...

Keep in mind Murraycoin automatically switches over to Scrypt-2048 on July 4th ...
[/quote]

I would expect bholzer to make contact by next week.

Until then...

SilkCoin is Hiring.

YES

... At this point bholzer is going to make sure the wallet it stable, nothing more. We have to find a dev now, until then everything else is speculation and dreams.

Agreed!

I think we all need to go back and read bholzer's first post. His first recommendation is to start a fundraiser. If we want to save this coin and our investments we need to raise capital to pay a developer.

... this is some general information on how I would like to proceed:

1. We organize a fundraiser and set a fundraiser goal (a la Kickstarter) based on the amount we determine we need in order to rebuild this coin the right way and turn it into a success. The budget details will be broken down so everybody is on the same page regarding where the funds will go and how they will be handled. If the goal is not met by the set date (we will keep the window brief, 2-3 days maximum, to ensure we move through this process quickly), all contributions will be returned to sender and we will go back to the drawing board, come up with a lower budget plan, and restart the fundraiser with a reduced goal. If we exceed the goal at any time, the entirety of the excess will go toward marketing. Everything will be transparent every step of the way; we need to establish trust and ensure all operations are visible and strict records are kept in regard to the finances. We will maintain a public ledger and if we end up with a surplus at any point we can determine how to use it via community polling. If certain development details/plans/etc have to kept secret for competition reasons, that is obviously understandable; however, anything relating to the finances must be transparent to the maximum reasonable degree. Leveraging an escrow service would likely be the best play here and we should discuss options (I have limited experience with the available escrow services)."

Once we raise enough funds we can hire talent and get them vested in the economy. If bholzer does a good job maybe we can convince him with a little SILK to stay with us for awhile  Smiley If not, at least we have money to put up an ad or something to hire a development team.

I don't know shit about developing or coding or the blockchain or wallets or whatever the fuck. Thats not my job. But I do have some money.

So here is 25,000 SILK to our development fund. I already donated 2,500 earlier. I will donate some more if I see others do the same.

I encourage you all to step up to the plate, put your money where your mouth is and buy while its cheap.

Dev SILK Escrow http://explorer.silk-coin.com/address/BQLUqZZHD2R9jFRqQp4gVrxJgAkcjzCb3u

Quote from: BadAss.Sx on June 28, 2014, 06:51:24 AM
I have setup the following wallets:

1SiLkm9SWbzQnqzyG1D2iW52sp9W3DB8q for BTC donations
BQLUqZZHD2R9jFRqQp4gVrxJgAkcjzCb3u for SC donations
arteleis

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:42:22 AM

Silkcoin 2
Silkcoin Ecosystem 2

Yes I agree, we just need to give Bholzer more space and not pester him for it to be finished. im sure he's reading our posts and is probably looking at the trello page too.
He may surprise us all with what he has in store.

In the meantime, we're hiring!
Have you got what it takes?

Silkcoin2 sounds much better then 2.0 lol.  And the silkcoin army pic? Thats outstanding. 

mbishop75

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 06:23:09 AM

You must be kidding dude...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

That guy (wulfensomething) has probably been identified as one of the two original dev-scammers. During the critical hours, instead of providing any explanation, he had been writing that it's game over for silkcoin and we'd better fork to silky and such BS. He tried to exploit dude and start a new coin. If you are not him posting under another account name, then you must be truly insane. My 2 cents.

I agree 1000%!!! 
Take it from a professional developer, art is the cheapest and easiest talent to find when it comes to software. 
arteleis

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 06:43:29 AM

You must be kidding dude...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

That guy (wulfensomething) has probably been identified as one of the two original dev-scammers. During the critical hours, instead of providing any explanation, he had been writing that it's game over for silkcoin and we'd better fork to silky and such BS. He tried to exploit dude and start a new coin. If you are not him posting under another account name, then you must be truly insane. My 2 cents.

Unfortunately this seems to have been proven correct. He did do good work, but does not seem to be a good man.  If there is evidence to support otherwise perhaps there should be a review.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: