Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:13:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hashkings Lending,Deposit 1.25% INSURED, ALL PPT ACCOUNTS CLOSING ON 8/19  (Read 93721 times)
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 08:33:00 PM

I don't wish to go this route (I really don't).

But as you bring it up: Did you register a business? If not I think the court (if they regard evidence sufficient) will hold you personally responsible. Of course you can declare a bankrupt (well actually I think you need one of your debtors to do it for you) but that will just result in all your holdings being seized, liquidated and the proceeds used to make whole who you are in debt to.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hashking (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 08:35:06 PM

I don't wish to go this route (I really don't).

But as you bring it up: Did you register a business? If not I think the court (if they regard evidence sufficient) will hold you personally responsible. Of course you can declare a bankrupt (well actually I think you need one of your debtors to do it for you) but that will just result in all your holdings being seized, liquidated and the proceeds used to make whole who you are in debt to.

Good Luck.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 08:35:24 PM

I wouldn't sell any of my personal assets to cover any bitcoin losses.  This is a business, it has failed.  When businesses fail they shut down and usually nobody gets anything.
Umm, no. That's not true. Declaring your business a failure doesn't absolve you of your debts. You are your business. Your business is you.

I will continue to make payments from my bitcoin production and buy coins whenever I can.  If people continue at act they way they are acting I will just walk away.  
Threatening to renege on a legitimate debt to obtain a business concession is scamming.

Well then sue me.  Lets see what a court will say about bitcoin.  I will just file for a bk and I'm done.

JoelKatz has no money invested with you, I do & would very much appreciate it being returned asap, as I've already said to honor my obligations to others I'm now having to borrow fiat & sell assets to make good the coins I trusted your word upon.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
hashking (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 08:39:29 PM

I will be sending another payment out tonight.  That is all you will hear from me today.
mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2012, 08:48:18 PM

hashking, please don't let them get to you, just focus on those with deposits...

JoelKatz, go away, your not helping

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 08:49:50 PM

hashking, please don't let them get to you, just focus on those with deposits...

Yes he is. You only started listening to him much too late.
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 08:56:45 PM

I wouldn't sell any of my personal assets to cover any bitcoin losses.  This is a business, it has failed.  When businesses fail they shut down and usually nobody gets anything.   I will continue to make payments from my bitcoin production and buy coins whenever I can.  If people continue at act they way they are acting I will just walk away.  

Hashking, I think you should reconsider this position. When you guarantee a deposit, you are basically guaranteeing it with your personal assets. Otherwise the guarantee makes no sense. And since you screwed up by putting deposited funds with Pirate, you should own up to the mistake and honor the guarantee by selling your personal assets to cover the loss. If you are already doing that to make good on your guarantee, please continue to do so. And thanks for trying to make things right.

TehZomB

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 09:26:04 PM

He's not helping anymore, he's kicking a dead horse.
zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 09:37:22 PM

He's not helping anymore, he's kicking a dead horse.

No, as he likes fabulous metaphors....he is still riding it......or better yet....to draw attention away from real world ponzi pay-outs....

he flies as an ants queen on her back having a nice s(f)ucking with her ticks, so that all that the common ants folks can´t do their busy groundwork anymore...

and when returning she complains that her larvae has been starved to death.

Have a good flight

Zyk
salty

Activity: 562
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 10:22:55 PM

This is after the fact that Hashking has admitted a fuckup, 'insured' apparently meant 'in pirate@40's wallet', I am not discussing what 'insured' should have meant because we all know that, but what I feel should be done now to remedy the situation, and what can be fairly acheived given there isn't enough money to meet obligations fully.
The problem is that everyone who makes such an argument has an interest in the payoff schedule that pays them the most the quickest. If the payoff is going to be proportional to amount owed, there's no reason to treat interest earned prior to default any different from principles deposited after default. Anyone who earned interest prior to default could have withdrawn it and re-deposited as principle. That should, obviously, have no effect. People who rolled over interest they could have withdrawn trusted him with those funds just as much as people who deposited principle did.

As disclosure my deposit is quite small and according to his way of doing it I'd be in the next day or so's payouts, unless I've been ruffling his feathers too much :0 Maybe I *am* blinkered w.r.t interest payback, but what I was proposing would still leave me in a less advantageous position than the way he seems to be doing it. Anyway this is academic as he seems to have settled upon his own way of winding down without being drawn into discussion, I can understand why, and unless somebody does call the recievers in it's hashking's perogative to do so.
peasant

Activity: 272

Cryptopreneur

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 10:30:19 PM

I'm pretty sure only the principal is insured. You took a risk compounding, so prepare to give it up. At this point people should be thankful to receive that much considering the climate.

Again, this makes sense.

No it does not, it is complete and utter bullshit. Even HK agrees on this as he is deducing received interest from non-compounding accounts.

This is all very simple: say I had a non-compounding account and re-invested all received interest manually. Then this would be principal and returned to me (under your weird assumption) while with automatic reinvestment (aka compounding) it would not. The risk of both cases is equal and so is the reward therefore either both (preferably) or neither should be returned.

So please, could people please think before they post here (I'm looking at you Peasant)? Otherwise this thread is going to get as constipated as the other ones. Thank you.

Not sure if you've used his service, but each deposit is a separate position of principle. Doesn't matter how you got it. My understanding of his insurance was on the deposit principle only. When you choose to compound you make more, but you risk HK holding it in a single position and getting caught in the current situation. I got my original principle deposit back, but gave up a good 5-6weeks of compounding interest in the 1.9% 8week program. I took the risk and lost, and i'm ok with it because i was well aware of it from the get go. The rest of you should consider yourselves lucky if you can get the original deposit back, and shouldn't expect more. You are just getting greedy if you want anything more. Right or wrong HK has the leverage and he's making payments. It's idiotic to argue with him at this point. When the payments stop feel free to troll the hell out of him.
zyk

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 10:42:16 PM

I'm pretty sure only the principal is insured. You took a risk compounding, so prepare to give it up. At this point people should be thankful to receive that much considering the climate.

Again, this makes sense.

No it does not, it is complete and utter bullshit. Even HK agrees on this as he is deducing received interest from non-compounding accounts.

This is all very simple: say I had a non-compounding account and re-invested all received interest manually. Then this would be principal and returned to me (under your weird assumption) while with automatic reinvestment (aka compounding) it would not. The risk of both cases is equal and so is the reward therefore either both (preferably) or neither should be returned.

So please, could people please think before they post here (I'm looking at you Peasant)? Otherwise this thread is going to get as constipated as the other ones. Thank you.

Not sure if you've used his service, but each deposit is a separate position of principle. Doesn't matter how you got it. My understanding of his insurance was on the deposit principle only. When you choose to compound you make more, but you risk HK holding it in a single position and getting caught in the current situation. I got my original principle deposit back, but gave up a good 5-6weeks of compounding interest in the 1.9% 8week program. I took the risk and lost, and i'm ok with it because i was well aware of it from the get go. The rest of you should consider yourselves lucky if you can get the original deposit back, and shouldn't expect more. You are just getting greedy if you want anything more. Right or wrong HK has the leverage and he's making payments. It's idiotic to argue with him at this point. When the payments stop feel free to troll the hell out of him.

Peasants got at least common sense Wink

Demanding any interest, which was derived in a ponzi scheme should already preclude someone from getting any money back, cause you are the greedy little profiteer,

who commits a felony---- thought about that yet ?----obviously not common sense in this early heroadopter forum Wink

Cheers Zyk
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 10:46:05 PM

That post alone proves he lacks the elementary skill of reading and understanding the semantics of what he is reading. Try again.
zyk

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 11:04:45 PM

That post alone proves he lacks the elementary skill of reading and understanding the semantics of what he is reading. Try again.

yes Sir, you are right of course, when neglecting to take this semantics into account Wink Wink Wink Wink

which i use to mark irony, and seeing you and HK in a courtroom trying to fight this out in front of a goverments powerbase... Wink

Are we there yet, to neglect it?

Cheers Zyk
peasant

Activity: 272

Cryptopreneur

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 11:12:30 PM

"All my depositers funds are 100% guaranteed and will not lose any funds due to any defaults unless stated otherwise"

I think he stated otherwise recently, as i would expect in a default scenario. You should consider re-evaluating how you asses risk if your gonna trust a stranger with 500BTC. I'll say it one last time. Consider yourself lucky if you can get your principle back. If you want to continue insulting me go ahead. Enjoy.
TehZomB

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 01:50:47 AM

I received my principal back just now, tx 38eebd1e78832b05f29abd95daaab6dba593ce1aecd7cc90be82d6ef317abb52

I'm glad I fall under the umbrella of "small depositors".

Thanks for following up on your guarantee HK. Appreciate it.
hashking (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 01:51:16 AM

Payments just sent out.
Grim Death

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 06:00:16 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2012, 06:23:30 AM by Grim Death

I'm confused, Hashking has said that smallest investors are getting paid first. But I only invested 7BTC and that 'came to fruition' on 8 September 2012. Is there a reason I have not received payment yet, and other people are getting 25BTC and 50BTC. Or have I understood the process incorrectly?
der_meister

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 07:08:21 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2012, 09:07:46 AM by der_meister

I'm still waiting my two insured principals (50+20 coins) Undecided

Moving on is a simple thing,
what it leaves behind is hard...
PsychoticBoy
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010

Parental Advisory Explicit Content

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 08:06:25 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2012, 10:02:19 AM by PsychoticBoy

Still haven't recieved my insured guaranteed deposit.
Do you have my correct bitcoinaddress?
If not, use the one in my signature.

Greetz
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: