Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:30:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 516 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S3+ Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 709800 times)
Gogreen

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:05:19 AM

Still no sigh of s3 shipped? Maybe the S is waiting for the 3 LOL.  S3 transform and ROLL OUT!!!   Cheesy

Bitcoin mining Antminer s7 4.7 TH Used in Good Condition Best Offer Prices @ ebay seller order directly here https://goo.gl/uaoh1r. Bitcoin payment optional.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
R4v37

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:08:01 AM

I emailed Bitmaintech regarding the coupon/refund offer and here's what they replied:

1. How long do we have to decide whether we want the coupon or the refund?
    A. before July 22. if no action before that, we'll offer the coupon as default

2. When do the coupons expire?
    A. coupon with a month validity

3. When coupons are used to purchase is it one coupon for one S3.
    A. one coupon for one S3

4. Is the 10% discount based on the original purchase price or the price of S3 being purchased.
    A. based on the original price what you have paid for it

I was a little surprised by the last answer but also pretty happy.
What I don't understand is why everyone is always complaining that Bitmaintech never responds to them.
This is the 3rd email that I sent them and received a reply every time.
And no, I never asked about shipping dates. I didn't want to take the chance of not getting a reply

Ok everyone have fun.

love this guy Cheesy
nice style

well, i saw some users trying to shake off all the buyers  Angry
tired of this kind of users... FUD FUD FUD

if its happening like he said... then he'll acts like his opinion is the best of the best in this forum, etc...
if its not happening... then he wont brought it up anymore...
like hell, IF U WANT TO FUD, NOT HERE DUDE...
want to seek REPUTATION? also not here DUDE...
no one will believe u... all users here also experienced in BTC world not only you... so they'll believe their guts, not ur guts
Scream all you want, BITMAIN still replying and responding us

i also dont know they'll ship it or not, but we can only wait...
what'll u get even if u're screaming about "not shipping ontime"...bla...bla..bla..?
nothing...right? so just shut up and calm down...
Cheersss  Wink
jimrome

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:10:46 AM

So... it was said that S3 will only need 2 PCIe connectors to operate, or 4 PCIe if it is overclocked.

We have now learned that overclocking by only 37GH/s makes it unstable to the point that Bitmain won't even do it or it could burn out. Does that mean at there really is no good reason to upgrade all PSUs to ones with 4 PCIe to replace S1 with S3??  Undecided

-OCS

As per the new situation one PCI-E cable is enough per blade.
Even if its overclocked one PCI-E cable can easily handle it.
Don't forget to check your PCI-E cable rating in you manual or cable itself.
Most corsair PCI-E cables are rated at 600W. Also keep a hand on your cables to check whether it heats up to the point where you can't hold on.

Hold on there - this is just blatantly wrong: there's no way in hell corsair PCI-E cables should be run anywhere near 600W. Please state your source.

If you're just pulling that figure out of your a55 I'd encourage you to be quiet on topics in which involve high current levels, cheap plastic connectors, and expensive miners/homes before this misinformation costs someone money (or worse).

By the way, images below are of a corsair PCIe cable that was handling ~350W and managed to take out my miner's interface PCB (and in so doing so damage the miner) as well as resulted in a shorted-out corsair AX1200i:

<edit>
Imgur is flaking out, here's a link to the album: http://imgur.com/a/UUpEG
allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:21:32 AM

So... it was said that S3 will only need 2 PCIe connectors to operate, or 4 PCIe if it is overclocked.

We have now learned that overclocking by only 37GH/s makes it unstable to the point that Bitmain won't even do it or it could burn out. Does that mean at there really is no good reason to upgrade all PSUs to ones with 4 PCIe to replace S1 with S3??  Undecided

-OCS

Most corsair PCI-E cables are rated at 600W. Also keep a hand on your cables to check whether it heats up to the point where you can't hold on.

Hold on there - this is just blatantly wrong: there's no way in hell corsair PCI-E cables should be run anywhere near 600W. Please state your source.

If you're just pulling that figure out of your a55 I'd encourage you to be quiet on topics in which involve high current levels, cheap plastic connectors, and expensive miners/homes before this misinformation costs someone money (or worse).

By the way, images below are of a corsair PCIe cable that was handling ~350W and managed to take out my miner's interface PCB (and in so doing so damage the miner) as well as resulted in a shorted-out corsair AX1200i:

<edit>

There is no misinformation in my post.
I have the Corsair 1200W PSU and the PCI-E cables are rated 600W.
But that doesn't mean, you can load up to 600W. Also, I said to check manually for heat even if its rated so.
Moreover No S3 blade will draw more than 200W through one cable.
Inshort, as answered above by me, one pci cable per slot is enough to power up the S3.
Can you prove it wrong! ?
jimrome

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:32:26 AM

-OCS

<edit>

There is no misinformation in my post.
I have the Corsair 1200W PSU and the PCI-E cables are rated 600W.
But that doesn't mean, you can load up to 600W. Also, I said to check manually for heat even if its rated so.
Moreover No S3 blade will draw more than 200W through one cable.
Inshort, as answered above by me, one pci cable per slot is enough to power up the S3.
Can you prove it wrong! ?

lulz... I have 10 "Corsair 1200W PSU" in use right now, and looking at the in-box documentation there is ZERO REFERENCE TO 600W CAPABILITY. So again, I'm asking you to back up that figure.

Don't dodge either, I never said anything about one, two or 15 cables required for the S3 (for the record I'd use more than two)
jimmyoh

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:07:15 AM

love this guy Cheesy
nice style

if its happening like he said... then he'll acts like his opinion is the best of the best in this forum, etc...
no one will believe u... all users here also experienced in BTC world not only you... so they'll believe their guts, not ur guts

what'll u get even if u're screaming about "not shipping ontime"...bla...bla..bla..?
Cheersss  Wink

Thanks, I only post when I have something to add to the conversation.
You can  tell by my really low activity count.
Bitskint

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:12:10 AM

love this guy Cheesy
nice style

Cheersss  Wink

Thanks, I only post when I have something to add to the conversation.
You can  tell by my really low activity count.

They could have run for the hills with our BTC , and mined with the new and old hardware --
but no - they are a good company - and customer relations seems better than a lot of others out there Smiley

1M68XehjYww77DLgwW9rk2zRid8Z8B7uw7 <-- my new BTC addy since Cryptsy took everything
sepehr

Activity: 399

Cryptocurrency Evangelist

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:46:28 AM

I emailed Bitmaintech regarding the coupon/refund offer and here's what they replied:

A. one coupon for one S3

4. Is the 10% discount based on the original purchase price or the price of S3 being purchased.

What I don't understand is why everyone is always complaining that Bitmaintech never responds to them.
And no, I never asked about shipping dates. I didn't want to take the chance of not getting a reply

Ok everyone have fun.

Thanks for the update and I have received lots of reply from Bitmain as another witness.

I have ordered 8xS2's last month and one of them had a not working PSU.

I wrote to them and they ask for some tests and a video showing me doing the tests and after they convinced that the PSU really not working they sent me a new one.

So I think I can trust them agian for S3's.

Sepehr, A Cryptocurrency Evangelist
PatMan

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 10:14:42 AM

Hello Bitmain,

I'm writing to you with a couple of questions regarding the coupon/refund options & the p2pool issues with your S2 & S3 models, as I & many other p2pool users are unable to make a decision on weather to get a refund or to accept coupons until we know weather you will be providing a p2pool fix for these models - and there has been no news from you regarding the fix since your statement on 30th June where you state: "We think we might be able to solve it in another week or two." - which is now over two weeks ago.

The problem is this: If a fix for p2pool is definitely going to be implemented in the near future then I/we are more than happy to accept coupons for the purchase of more S3 (and S2) units, as we will be able to use them on p2pool - whereas if a fix is not going to be made available in the near future I/we would rather receive a refund for our purchase so that we can reluctantly purchase mining hardware from a vendor elsewhere that does support p2pool.

As you have stated that a decision must be made by customers regarding the coupon/refund issue by 22nd July, this only leaves us 6 days from today to make that decision, but as I/we have no idea weather the fix will be made available, if at all, it is impossible to make an informed decision. Many p2pool users purchased your S2 & S3 units on the promise made by Bitmain that they will support p2pool, but so far this has not been the case, with no indication from yourselves that the situation will change any time soon - which is a little disappointing.

I realise that you are busy right now, but a quick reply would be greatly appreciated by me & your loyal customers to either confirm or deny that a fix will be made available in the near future, so as to enable us to decide on what our options are regarding the coupon/refund choice & the future purchase of any Bitmain products.

Kind regards,  PatMan  Smiley

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:57:35 AM

A. one coupon for one S3

Ok everyone have fun.

love this guy Cheesy
nice style

Cheersss  Wink

you know they updating shipping dates a couple pages back yeah?  take a look
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7824

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 11:18:11 AM

A. one coupon for one S3

Ok everyone have fun.

love this guy Cheesy
nice style

Cheersss  Wink

you know they updating shipping dates a couple pages back yeah?  take a look

first dates were 10 -20  new dates are 14-17 for batch 1.  So it is about 8 pm july 15th in china they are not late.  they have 49 hours for batch 1 then they would be late. since the update says shipping will be done by july 17 for batch 1.

well at least my dragon miner gets a lower hash rate for a little longer.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 11:23:43 AM

first dates were 10 -20  new dates are 14-17 for batch 1.  So it is about 8 pm july 15th in china they are not late.  they have 49 hours for batch 1 then they would be late. since the update says shipping will be done by july 17 for batch 1.

well at least my dragon miner gets a lower hash rate for a little longer.

First they said shipping will be in between 10 and 20.
Then said 10 and 14.
Now postponed to 14 and 17.
nickgaff

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 11:41:49 AM

So what your saying is they still have time  Shocked ffs just wait till there dates have past then start ya stressing.
Didldak

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

Oh boy!

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 11:45:18 AM

Was kinda hoping for having my S3 running this week :| oh well!

Hey.. watsup.
TheFridge

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:19:38 PM

So I need some help here peoples. I do fly in fly out work with a 3 week on roster. So im going to be away from home when the miners arrive. My girl is home but is absolutely computer illiterate. I have setup the power supply ready for when they arrive with labelling for which cables go where so she can just plug them in. But as far as setting it up goes would i be able to setup the miners remotely with teamviewer with another computer set up at home? Reading about the S1 seems the internet has to be disconnected and then connect the compter directly to the miner. Is this true with the s3 do you think?
Does anyone have any ideas how I could set up the miners remotely?
Thanks Smiley
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 12:30:09 PM

So I need some help here peoples. I do fly in fly out work with a 3 week on roster. So im going to be away from home when the miners arrive. My girl is home but is absolutely computer illiterate. I have setup the power supply ready for when they arrive with labelling for which cables go where so she can just plug them in. But as far as setting it up goes would i be able to setup the miners remotely with teamviewer with another computer set up at home? Reading about the S1 seems the internet has to be disconnected and then connect the compter directly to the miner. Is this true with the s3 do you think?
Thanks Smiley
To answer your question would require a bit of knowledge about your home's network.  Are you running a 192.168.1.* system, or are you using something else?  I am guessing (and this is going on Bitmain's usage of that network in the S1 and S2) that the S3 will follow the same pattern and use that type of address.

Assuming that Bitmain continues to use the 192.168.1.* addresses, and your home network is on that same network, then using Teamviewer to setup the miners remotely shouldn't be a big deal at all.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:36:41 PM

Thanks Smiley

If you put two NIC's in your PC you can preconfigure one to talk to the miner (with crossover cable) and leave the other one to connect to your network.  Then all she has to do initially is power the miner and plug it into the crossover cable.  You can then remote in and configure it.  If you set the IP as the last bit of configuration, she can then just change the ethernet cable to put it on your main network.
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:36:49 PM

P.S. Hope they work with p2pool!

I would be VERY surprised if they do.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
TheFridge

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:52:44 PM

Thanks Smiley
To answer your question would require a bit of knowledge about your home's network.  Are you running a 192.168.1.* system, or are you using something else?  I am guessing (and this is going on Bitmain's usage of that network in the S1 and S2) that the S3 will follow the same pattern and use that type of address.

Assuming that Bitmain continues to use the 192.168.1.* addresses, and your home network is on that same network, then using Teamviewer to setup the miners remotely shouldn't be a big deal at all.

My home network uses 192.168.2.*
Is that configurable? Could I just change the router to assign the DHCP setting to 192.168.1.*?
TheFridge

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:54:49 PM

Thanks Smiley

If you put two NIC's in your PC you can preconfigure one to talk to the miner (with crossover cable) and leave the other one to connect to your network.  Then all she has to do initially is power the miner and plug it into the crossover cable.  You can then remote in and configure it.  If you set the IP as the last bit of configuration, she can then just change the ethernet cable to put it on your main network.

Unfortunately I don't have another network card Sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 516 »
  Print  

Jump to: