Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:17:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 516 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S3+ Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 709800 times)
sepehr

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

Cryptocurrency Evangelist

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 06:43:16 AM

Received my First order of 2xS3 Antminers today.
They are seems very professional.
Their weight was more than S1 Antminers.
They both setup very smoothly with an Enermax 1000 PSU.

But the problem is that one card of one of S3's is not working at all!

I have checked everything power, cabling, anything I can imagine but it persist and not working at all!

Any ideas what should I do?

Sepehr, A Cryptocurrency Evangelist

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lowell904

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 06:52:12 AM

Received my First order of 2xS3 Antminers today.
They are seems very professional.
Their weight was more than S1 Antminers.
They both setup very smoothly with an Enermax 1000 PSU.

I have checked everything power, cabling, anything I can imagine but it persist and not working at all!

Did you try moving the cables to the other ports?

Otherwise,  I would open it up and look for any loose connections. Sometimes things get knocked loose during shipping.
sepehr

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 06:55:50 AM

Otherwise,  I would open it up and look for any loose connections. Sometimes things get knocked loose during shipping.

Yes, tried it and open it up as well but found no problem yet!
Checked the controller cable, changed it with the other one! But absolutely nothing happened yet!

raspberrypirobot

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 07:49:21 AM

Checked the controller cable, changed it with the other one! But absolutely nothing happened yet!

It happen during shipping with one of my S1, check for any loose capacitors or inductors on pcb.
sepehr

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 07:59:02 AM

It happen during shipping with one of my S1, check for any loose capacitors or inductors on pcb.

there is no shipment problem seems on the device.
But I found a clue.
I connected control cable from main-board Socket-1 to Board 2 and from socket-2 to Board 1.

Now the other board is mining and it's temperature increased.

So it's obvious that there is some problem in mainboard and the Asic Boards and cables are ok.

kabopar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 07:59:19 AM

What happens if you connect the cables from your PSU that worked with the 'good' unit just to the 'bad' unit?  (checking the possibility that there is some issue in your PSU or its cables)

Cheers
kabopar

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:01:15 AM

But I found a clue.
I connected control cable from main-board Socket-1 to Board 2 and from socket-2 to Board 1.

So it's obvious that there is some problem in mainboard and the Asic Boards and cables are ok.
Looks like its time to swap cables between your 'good' unit and the 'bad' one.  Maybe its just a single faulty ribbon cable between the controller and the hashing boards.

Cheers
sepehr

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:02:26 AM

What happens if you connect the cables from your PSU that worked with the 'good' unit just to the 'bad' unit?  (checking the possibility that there is some issue in your PSU or its cables)

Cheers

Did all these and no change!

Thanks s lot for your attention

sepehr

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:03:34 AM

But I found a clue.

Looks like its time to swap cables between your 'good' unit and the 'bad' one.  Maybe its just a single faulty ribbon cable between the controller and the hashing boards.

Cheers

ribbon cables are ok. tried this before.

kabopar

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:27:37 AM

But I found a clue.

Cheers

If it's not some obvious workmanship problem related to the main-board connector (dry solder joint on the socket to the 'bad' board), then it's probably an RMA issue with BITMAIN.  If you want to prove this 'beyond doubt' you could swap controller boards between your 2 Antminers. Ideally they would provide the replacement main-board so that you can continue mining with the 'half' miner while the replacement is shipped to your rather than loosing the whole turn-around time.

Cheers
sepehr

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:46:01 AM

But I found a clue.

Cheers

If it's not some obvious workmanship problem related to the main-board connector (dry solder joint on the socket to the 'bad' board), then it's probably an RMA issue with BITMAIN.  If you want to prove this 'beyond doubt' you could swap controller boards between your 2 Antminers. Ideally they would provide the replacement main-board so that you can continue mining with the 'half' miner while the replacement is shipped to your rather than loosing the whole turn-around time.

Cheers

As you told I replaced the mainboard of bad device with main board of good device and now the device is working with two asic boards ok, so it's obvious that the main board of the bad device have some problem.
I will ask bitmain for a replacement for mainboard and while then my device can mine half capacity. Sad

Thanks a lot guys!

BITMAIN (OP)

Activity: 741
Merit: 514

https://www.bitmain.com

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 08:58:07 AM

But I found a clue.

Cheers

Cheers

As you told I replaced the mainboard of bad device with main board of good device and now the device is working with two asic boards ok, so it's obvious that the main board of the bad device have some problem.
I will ask bitmain for a replacement for mainboard and while then my device can mine half capacity. Sad

Thanks a lot guys!

Hi,

RMA request is accepted, PMed you just now.

Cloud Mining? Just Go to Hashnest.com          Best Liquidity   Lowest Price   100% Real Mining Back Up
smilingloki

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:18:34 AM

BITMAIN Order Shipped B2's
•   Order ID: 00XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
•   Date: 2014-07-03 10:25:13

Fantastic! as promised on or just after the 20th Smiley

very happy!
sepehr

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:25:19 AM

But I found a clue.

Cheers

Cheers

Thanks a lot guys!

Hi,

Thank you! you can send it with my other orders.

Trammel

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:55:54 AM

My batch 2 order is on its way.

Info from Bitmain Website

Order Placed
Date:  2014-07-04 12:56:46

Payment Confirmed:
Date   2014-07-04 14:07:48

Shipped:
Date   2014-07-20 08:18:59

Hopefully will receive on Tuesday, and hope all arrives safely.
oskuro

Activity: 294
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:56:25 AM

Batch 2

Pay:1.48 BTC
Confirm:1.48 BTC   Paid
Shipped
Valid   2014-07-02 10:03:41.0

Yesssss!!!!!!  Smiley
oskuro

Activity: 294
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:23:59 AM

Why every newbie buy from bit main
You will never roi
Because diff go so up
Because of bit main hardware
So the only which is earn is bitmain no one else
You never roi your money you spent

I take this as a hobbie and it will roi.  Anyway what are you doing here if you hate bitmain? 
kabopar

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:34:36 AM

But I found a clue.

Cheers

Cheers

Thanks a lot guys!

Hi,

Thank you! you can send it with my other orders.
Looks like the script for a 'happy end' Smiley
Congrats!
kabopar

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:36:41 AM

Batch 2

Pay:1.48 BTC
Confirm:1.48 BTC   Paid
Shipped
Valid   2014-07-02 10:03:41.0

Yesssss!!!!!!  Smiley
Congrats!  Wish you a quick delivery

I also got the delivery info and am following the tracking, unfortunately the weekend seems to put a bit of a pause, so current delivery of my B1 order is now expected on Wednesday.

Cheers
JennaK

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:37:54 AM

I get Free electricity at my dorm! I wish I could buy one so I could mine. Would be fun!
Enjoy your ant miners guys.
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 516 »
  Print  

Jump to: