Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:10:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... 516 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S3+ Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 709802 times)
shahadil

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:10:23 AM

i received an email from info@bitmaintech.com. their name usually comes up as "Bitmain Tech" but this time it was "bitmain tech". the subject of the email was Invoice payment with an attachment called Invoice_7845.jar and nothing else written in the email. in the jar there was an ID file, a Main.class and a MANIFEST.MF and a Server.class file.

just thought will let you guys know.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1Neptune

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:17:26 AM

i received an email from info@bitmaintech.com. their name usually comes up as "Bitmain Tech" but this time it was "bitmain tech". the subject of the email was Invoice payment with an attachment called Invoice_7845.jar and nothing else written in the email. in the jar there was an ID file, a Main.class and a MANIFEST.MF and a Server.class file.

Are you sure it's legitimate? Having a file attached with the .jar extension is a red flag for an infected email. <red alert>

Hope you have a good email scanner for anti-viri, etc.

</red alert>
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:25:50 AM

Are you sure it's legitimate? Having a file attached with the .jar extension is a red flag for an infected email. <red alert>

</red alert>
All my emails came from webmaster@bitmaintech.com
Gogreen

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:31:38 AM

</red alert>
All my emails came from webmaster@bitmaintech.com
careful my friend, you need anitvirus to safeguard your pc now!

Bitcoin mining Antminer s7 4.7 TH Used in Good Condition Best Offer Prices @ ebay seller order directly here https://goo.gl/uaoh1r. Bitcoin payment optional.
Gogreen

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:33:00 AM

Has anyone else with a Batch 8 order lose their edit option?
Seems a little too soon for that to happen.
It may be a way of protecting your purchase at the current price. With the HUGE drop in BTC value the last couple of days It's possible they may have closed editing and will raise the btc price very soon to reflect the current exchange rate.
Shipping is starting soon?  Grin

Bitcoin mining Antminer s7 4.7 TH Used in Good Condition Best Offer Prices @ ebay seller order directly here https://goo.gl/uaoh1r. Bitcoin payment optional.
visdude
Legendary

Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:35:11 AM

Thank you visdude,
I will not use BFL power supply with S3, in an emergency may be I can use but very short time and keeping an eye on it.
I will not use with the new S3
 Smiley

No problem.  I'm just glad that you're not going through with it.

Atomar

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:42:14 AM

There are allready some S3+ on ebay ! ;-)
Gogreen

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:44:10 AM

There are allready some S3+ on ebay ! ;-)
are you planning to buy from ebay? Lol

Atomar

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:48:27 AM

Nope. Just looking arround what's available and what price ... :-)

Looking with one eye over to the "Tube" miner though
hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:54:30 AM

I've been noticing a big surge in emails attempting to distribute a virus, using Bitcoin related subject lines.  Emails pretending to be from various manufacturers with "invoices" attached (virus in a .jar), others pretending to be from cex.io and ghash.io as well.  While I know at least some of these are likely targeting me specifically (I've had some pretending to be from pool users), some of them look much more generic.

So this is just going out there as a reminder that you shouldn't click links in email or download attachments you were not expecting.  There is absolutely no reason for a Bitcoin company to send you an invoice as an attachment.  Summer time has always seen a big surge in phishing attempts, and another surge in account compromises from users who got tricked by them.  Luckily there hasn't been any noticeable surge in "my account as hacked" type emails over the last few months.
Be Warned- especially since this notice is from a pool operator and major forum contributor.
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:56:17 AM

I received my B6 S3s today - the first ASICs I've bought since my BFL SC Single Day 0 pre-order that cost me 210BTC

I know it's been a little over a year since I received my single but the S3 just exudes quality compared to the crap that was BFL. Even my best friend who doesn't mine but has helped me set up many a GPU rig commented on how much nicer the S3s are.

I have a question about the interface.  3 of the S3s show the standard info at the bottom of the miner status page (shows the chain #, asic #, clock speed, fan speed, temps, status).  One of the miners says "This section contains no values yet".  Even if I refresh the page nothing shows up there.  Do I have to reset it or powercycle it?  I'm running it at stock speed and am currently viewing it remotely through teamviewer on my office network.
jimmyoh

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:09:12 AM

Has anyone else with a Batch 8 order lose their edit option?
Seems a little too soon for that to happen.
It may be a way of protecting your purchase at the current price. With the HUGE drop in BTC value the last couple of days It's possible they may have closed editing and will raise the btc price very soon to reflect the current exchange rate.
Shipping is starting soon?  Grin

I don't think that they've shipped out all of the batch 7's yet so I think probably not.
eoakland

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:09:51 AM

I am curious has anyone had any RMA issues with Bitmain ?  i have provided them with the order ID and I am still having the hardest time getting RMA information from them.  They have demanded I perform a test with something called a multimeter (which i do not own, i had to go purchase one)  so i could test the chains.  My s3 device pretty much bricked itself with a firmware upgrade.  I cannot access the UI, the ip is not found (never changed from default).  I used an ipsniffer, and still zilch....anyhow, i am curious to know how Bitmain has dealt with RMA requests from others.   Thanks

It took me 2 1/2 weeks of those emails back and fourth. I finally told them I would sell it for parts on Bitcointalk.org and tell everyone about them not honoring warranty. Then and only then did they sent a RMA form. I sent it(controller) off 3 weeks ago and still don't have a replacement. Good luck.

I have been exchanging emails with someone by the name of "Tim" from Bitmain.  He gave me a laundry list of things/diagnostic checks to perform.  I have done them all, he even forced me into buying a multimeter (which i am not familiar with).  He still will not give me RMA instructions.  It's clear as day to me that my s3 has a bad controller card.  i can't login to it, or find the ip.  This is something I would not expect from Bitmain.  I never had an issue with them before.  they asked me for my order # and when i provided it, i get an email that states "Hi there,
Should there be a carrier tracking number showing that this miner came from our factory, we can also provide RMA for your faulty parts."  that's the last communication i have received from Bitmain.  i am super disappointed to say the least

Code:
               ▄▄███████▄▄
            ▄███████████████▄
           ███████████████████
          █████████████████████▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄████████████████████████████▄
   ▄█████ ▐▌ ██████████████████████████▄
 ▄█████       ▀█         █          ████▄
▐███████  ███  ▐█  ██▀█▄▄█▄▄██  ██▄▄█████
████████       ██     ████████  █████████
████████  ███  ▐█  ██▄█▀▀█████  ████████▀
 ██████       ▄█         ███      █████▀
  ▀██████ ▐▌ ████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀
       ▄▄▀▀▀██████▄
    ▄██████▀▀███████▀▀▄
  ▄██████▀▄███████████▄▀▄
 ▄█ ███████████████ ████▄▄
▄██████████████████▌▐█████▄
███████████████████████████
▀▄████████▄▄▄▀▀▀████████▀▄
██████████████████████████
▀████ ████████████████████▀
 ▀████ █████████▀▄████ ██▀
  ▀████▄▀█████▀▀▄█████▌▐▀
▄███▀▄██████▄▄████▀▀▄▄▀███▄
▀██████
▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████▀
   ▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀
         ▄▄▀▀██▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▀▀██▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄▄▀▄██████████
▄▀▀█▄▀█▄█▀███████████
▄▀████████▐▌██████
 █▀▄██████████▄████▄████
  ▀▄█████████████████████
   ▀▄█████████▀██████▀███
     ██████████▄██▄█████
      █████████████████████
       ▀▄████████████████
        ▀▄████████████████
          ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
jimmyoh

Activity: 49

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:17:59 AM

I received my B6 S3s today - the first ASICs I've bought since my BFL SC Single Day 0 pre-order that cost me 210BTC

I know it's been a little over a year since I received my single but the S3 just exudes quality compared to the crap that was BFL. Even my best friend who doesn't mine but has helped me set up many a GPU rig commented on how much nicer the S3s are.

I have a question about the interface.  3 of the S3s show the standard info at the bottom of the miner status page (shows the chain #, asic #, clock speed, fan speed, temps, status).  One of the miners says "This section contains no values yet".  Even if I refresh the page nothing shows up there.  Do I have to reset it or powercycle it?  I'm running it at stock speed and am currently viewing it remotely through teamviewer on my office network.

I'd start with the GUI reboot.
eoakland

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:18:31 AM

I am curious has anyone had any RMA issues with Bitmain ?  i have provided them with the order ID and I am still having the hardest time getting RMA information from them.  They have demanded I perform a test with something called a multimeter (which i do not own, i had to go purchase one)  so i could test the chains.  My s3 device pretty much bricked itself with a firmware upgrade.  I cannot access the UI, the ip is not found (never changed from default).  I used an ipsniffer, and still zilch....anyhow, i am curious to know how Bitmain has dealt with RMA requests from others.   Thanks

It took me 2 1/2 weeks of those emails back and fourth. I finally told them I would sell it for parts on Bitcointalk.org and tell everyone about them not honoring warranty. Then and only then did they sent a RMA form. I sent it(controller) off 3 weeks ago and still don't have a replacement. Good luck.

What were your failure symptoms? I had one die today.. going to have to go down this road...

as of right now, the only thing that happens when i plug in power is the fan spins for a minute and stops.  and i get a flashing red light that blinks.  that's about it.  prior to that all worked fine.  i performed a firmware update and the thing went kaput.  it's been about 2 weeks now, and about a week's worth of email exchanges with someone by the name of "tim" from bitmain.  and now i am the proud owner for a diagnostic tool that i will never again use (multimeter). 

I agree with Billbangs approach, i am going to tell them i am going to sell it on Bitcointalk and leave them a bad review.   

Code:
               ▄▄███████▄▄
            ▄███████████████▄
           ███████████████████
       ▄▄▀▀▀██████▄
    ▄██████▀▀███████▀▀▄
  ▄██████▀▄███████████▄▀▄
  ▀████▄▀█████▀▀▄█████▌▐▀
▀██████
▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████▀
   ▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀
         ▄▄▀▀██▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▀▀██▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄▄▀▄██████████
▄▀▀█▄▀█▄█▀███████████
▄▀████████▐▌██████
 █▀▄██████████▄████▄████
  ▀▄█████████████████████
   ▀▄█████████▀██████▀███
     ██████████▄██▄█████
      █████████████████████
       ▀▄████████████████
        ▀▄████████████████
          ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
poorsnail

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:44:52 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2014, 11:43:15 AM by ckolivas

I just had my miner die on me during Flashing a new firmware.  The issue was that my powersupply shut-off while the firmware flash was in progress.

After that, the RED light keeps flashing and the green Ethernet light flashes but I cannot go online through WEB or PUTTY anymore.

I tried resetting the unit but it won't work.

BITMAIN, do you SELL CONTROL BOARDS ONLY?

It would be nice to see a JTAG for bad firmware flash.

If all fails, I am willing to sell the HASHING BOARDS to someone with a good control board

OR

I am willing to buy a control board off someone with bad hashing boards.

LET ME KNOW IF SOMEONE IS INTERESTED!
heslo

Activity: 1162
Merit: 943

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:47:01 AM

I just finished an RMA process with Bitmain and it couldn't have been smoother. Also dealt with Tim and he seemed to be good at responding to my emails. Just stay on top of them communication wise like I did and it should go smoothly but YMMV
eoakland

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:08:18 AM

I just finished an RMA process with Bitmain and it couldn't have been smoother. Also dealt with Tim and he seemed to be good at responding to my emails. Just stay on top of them communication wise like I did and it should go smoothly but YMMV

that's definitely encouraging to read.  did the tim guy demand that you go out and buy a multimeter and perform diagnostic tests too ?  it's really weird.  after i did everything the guy asked for.  i received one email indicating that they could not process an RMA request....then 5 minutes later i get another email that indicates they can if they find a courier tracking number and can prove that the s3 is from their factory. 

my last few communications with tim have left a bad taste in my mouth.  with each email he changes requirements or makes new requests of things i must do in order for Bitmain to process an RMA. 

if anyone is interested in purchasing this s3, that is not operable PM me, I am thinking of selling it for the right offer.  And i think i will leave Bitmain negative feedback.

Code:
               ▄▄███████▄▄
            ▄███████████████▄
           ███████████████████
       ▄▄▀▀▀██████▄
    ▄██████▀▀███████▀▀▄
  ▄██████▀▄███████████▄▀▄
  ▀████▄▀█████▀▀▄█████▌▐▀
▀██████
▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████▀
   ▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀
         ▄▄▀▀██▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▀▀██▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄▄▀▄██████████
▄▀▀█▄▀█▄█▀███████████
▄▀████████▐▌██████
 █▀▄██████████▄████▄████
  ▀▄█████████████████████
   ▀▄█████████▀██████▀███
     ██████████▄██▄█████
      █████████████████████
       ▀▄████████████████
        ▀▄████████████████
          ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
heslo

Activity: 1162
Merit: 943

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:50:49 AM

Nope, no demands, no fuss. Had a checklist of things for me to try (which I already did before emailing thanks to some lovely help from a nice fella on this thread) and when none of that worked, sent me a slip for my RMA. Was simple as that Smiley

Seems you've definitely had the reach around. What exactly has been your issue?
eoakland

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:58:20 AM

Nope, no demands, no fuss. Had a checklist of things for me to try (which I already did before emailing thanks to some lovely help from a nice fella on this thread) and when none of that worked, sent me a slip for my RMA. Was simple as that Smiley

Seems you've definitely had the reach around. What exactly has been your issue?

i performed a firmware upgrade.  immediately following the upgrade, the device became bricked.  i performed a factory reset and have used an ip sniffer...so the controller card seems to have taken a bad flash.  when you used the multimeter, what did your chain 1 and chain 2 plugs test at ?  i have never used the device and i keep getting a zero reading for both. 

Code:
               ▄▄███████▄▄
            ▄███████████████▄
           ███████████████████
       ▄▄▀▀▀██████▄
    ▄██████▀▀███████▀▀▄
  ▄██████▀▄███████████▄▀▄
  ▀████▄▀█████▀▀▄█████▌▐▀
▀██████
▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████▀
   ▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀
         ▄▄▀▀██▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▀▀██▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄▄▀▄██████████
▄▀▀█▄▀█▄█▀███████████
▄▀████████▐▌██████
 █▀▄██████████▄████▄████
  ▀▄█████████████████████
   ▀▄█████████▀██████▀███
     ██████████▄██▄█████
      █████████████████████
       ▀▄████████████████
        ▀▄████████████████
          ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
Pages: « 1 ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... 516 »
  Print  

Jump to: