Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:31:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 516 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S3+ Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 709802 times)
Coinnilingus

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:21:34 AM

Hi, has anyone volt modded the s3 ?  i know that the s1 was made more efficient and less of a power hog, was wondering if anyone has had success doing the same to the s3 ?  thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Askit2

Activity: 981
Merit: 500

DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 06:41:53 AM

I have 9 AntMiner S3's and they all stopped hashing about 30 minutes ago.  All were at the same temperature they've always been at, 40-44c.  No modifications.  No overclocking.  They've been running for days without issue.  The Miner Status page no longer shows the ASIC info, with all 3 sections empty.  Did I get hacked in some way?  What the heck is going on?  I'm obviously very distressed right now.

I'm not sure what system/kernel log info is relevant, but I see this entry below, which seems to be discovery OK, but disconnected.  I don't have a working S3 to compare logs.

Wed Aug 20 17:16:10 2014 kern.info kernel: [   22.970000] usb 1-1.1: USB disconnect, device number 3
Wed Aug 20 17:16:10 2014 kern.info kernel: [   22.970000] bitmainbl 1-1.1:1.0: USB Bitmain asic #0 now disconnected
Wed Aug 20 17:16:10 2014 kern.info kernel: [   23.270000] usb 1-1.1: new full-speed USB device number 4 using ehci-platform
Wed Aug 20 17:16:10 2014 kern.info kernel: [   23.540000] bitmain 1-1.1:1.0: USB Bitmain asic device now attached to USB Bitmain asic-0
Wed Aug 20 17:16:10 2014 kern.warn kernel: [   23.550000] PIC microchip usb OK
Wed Aug 20 17:16:11 2014 kern.info kernel: [   24.580000] bitmain 1-1.1:1.0: USB Bitmain asic #0 now disconnected

Another reason people are hoping for newer cgminer. The not falling back issue was present in some older versions. Some others had not returning to a higher priority pool. I suppose setting up a serial connection is easier then direct USB so they go with what they know. Soon though this should get upgraded and that problem should either disappear or would need fixed in the main branch.

It is coming just not out yet.

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
......SECURITY DECENTRALIZED...
Jelks

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:57:40 AM

Is there any way to easily *remotely* monitor these boxes?  I've got 2 of them with address like 192.168.1.x.  That's all good and fine when I'm on the home network, but when I go out of town I'm not on the home network.  So how do I get from them "from the outside"?

Thanks,

Jelks
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:05:02 AM

Is there any way to easily *remotely* monitor these boxes?  I've got 2 of them with address like 192.168.1.x.  That's all good and fine when I'm on the home network, but when I go out of town I'm not on the home network.  So how do I get from them "from the outside"?

Thanks,

Jelks

I use TeamViewer.
Master One

Activity: 238

Wanna buy a Tesla? Visit TeslaBargain.com first!

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 09:21:20 AM

Is there any way to easily *remotely* monitor these boxes?  I've got 2 of them with address like 192.168.1.x.  That's all good and fine when I'm on the home network, but when I go out of town I'm not on the home network.  So how do I get from them "from the outside"?
I use TeamViewer.

Care to elaborate on that in more details?

I was thinking about a setup with some DynDNS service if the router supports it. Not having any Antminer (yet), does a S3 support any DynDNS in its network setup by itself?

xjack

Activity: 539

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:02:10 PM

I use TeamViewer.

Care to elaborate on that in more details?

I was thinking about a setup with some DynDNS service if the router supports it. Not having any Antminer (yet), does a S3 support any DynDNS in its network setup by itself?

Teamviewer or RDP to a PC on the network.  Access the Ants from there.

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
Fahlcor

Activity: 139

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:53:58 PM

I almost at breaking even point on ROI on 4 antminer s3! Bitmain u rock!

It's all gravy from September 2014 and onwards! This was the best purchase of mining hardware that I ever done!

I am still trying to ROI on 3 hurricane x3's...but I am gonna hold in there...

Petamine is a dud...payouts are shit. Anybody know of any good sha256 cloud mining services that beat the price on a antminer s3 per gh/s?

The hashlets are so so...profits not as good as I hope but I might have them pointed to the wrong pool...

I also use CEX.io.  The price/ghash is very high but it is more of a stock market idea.  You can buy ghash low and sell it higher.  Their maint fee is deducted every block and it is about half what a ghash should make.  So if you have idle btc and want some cloud hash you can buy at CEX.io and then get out later.  If you are able to get out while the price it higher than you bought then you can make x2.

I usually buy around .0037 and sell around .0038 with an auto sell.  I look at like earning interest on the BTC and it can hash for you.  Trick is to make sure sell above what you paid.

Flamers can ignore me please. 

Fahlcor
Master One

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 02:46:36 PM

Never had any experience with Teamviewer. Is there something that has to be installed on the S3?

bspurloc

Activity: 569

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:04:10 PM

Never had any experience with Teamviewer. Is there something that has to be installed on the S3?

teamviewer connects you to your pc in your house. as if you were sitting at it. so the answer is NO.
bspurloc

Activity: 569

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:10:34 PM

It's all gravy from September 2014 and onwards! This was the best purchase of mining hardware that I ever done!

The last line contradicts itself by my opinion and helps me to prove my point that after ROI the S3s will be useless.

all this complaining about will it pay off seems to completely totally ignore you most likely already have equipment presently mining that paid itself off months ago... so spending a lil more to boost what is already mining pays that off in a month or less. depending how much mining power you already have.

it seems like a huge oversight in the whole whine. never mind as the complainers whine and whine, the words (SOLD OUT) keep coming and going...
kind of like crying in the corner while everyone just moves along with the flow
BennyTheBall

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:14:42 PM

The last line contradicts itself by my opinion and helps me to prove my point that after ROI the S3s will be useless.

all this complaining about will it pay off seems to completely totally ignore you most likely already have equipment presently mining that paid itself off months ago... so spending a lil more to boost what is already mining pays that off in a month or less. depending how much mining power you already have.

it seems like a huge oversight in the whole whine. never mind as the complainers whine and whine, the words (SOLD OUT) keep coming and going...
kind of like crying in the corner while everyone just moves along with the flow

Thank You!! I've tried to make this point but nobody seems to want to hear it.
Reynaldo
Legendary

Activity: 1143
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:18:40 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2014, 06:50:16 PM by Reynaldo

Teamviewer or RDP to a PC on the network.  Access the Ants from there.

Well, if you want to access your antminers "from the outside" you could point ssh ports for each on your router so for example

you would type this on a linux terminal:

ssh -p PORT_number_for_antminer1 user@IP_OR_DynamicHOST

The ideal would be to change ssh configuration to key authentication so you dont need to type a password.
That would be required for each antminer and your router should point this like:

internal port PORT_number_forantminerN
External port_lowerboundport PORT_number_forantminerN
External port_limitport PORT_number_forantminerN
internal host: INTERNAL_IP_ANTMINER_N

for a dynamic host you would need to use one of those freedns or buy one at dyndns and pay it mothly. that means if your ip changes it will be on a link like: mylink.dyndns.org and you would access your router from there but when accessing via ssh you could use that instead of your usual IP. And at the end you would need to configure it so your router can change the ip automatically on dyndns (they usually have an area for that) <- thats the easiest method for newbees on networking. Remember that making this available from outside is a security issue that might be exploited by third party if they ever knew your dynamic dns or scanned your network.

Perhaps i should make a guide as soon as i set my Antminer S3 up Tongue and add it to my blog

Note: you can do this with any other service (not ssh only)
Phosphorous

Activity: 556

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:25:47 PM

I use GoToMyPC.com to view my PC from anywhere, with any PC to keep tabs on my Ants, as well as other work-related things. It does cost money but has a 45 day free trial. It's super easy to use.
blockjoe

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:05:06 PM

I may not be there when the B8 will be delivered. Do you know if we can easily change in Europe the delivery address once the package is already sent ?
BitBlitz

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

Turning money into heat since 2011.

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:10:33 PM

I went to use my 3 unused coupons today from the Bitmain Hash speed issue and found out that they expired.

What a crock of crap.

If they dont give me my coupons back or the equal bitcoin I will not purchase their products anymore.

Has anyone else had this happen???

I believed the coupons expired on the 16th, and now it's a week later. It was posted up and down this thread so you'll probably get no sympathy.  Most tried to sell their coupons last minute.
No email, no warning about expiration when the coupons were selected.  The only 'warning' was in a support thread??!

...Weaksauce!

I see the value of Bitcoin, so I don't worry about the price...
Master One

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 05:41:45 PM

I'm sure it has been mentioned before, but what's with the shipping method selection Bitmaintech offers?

I'm here in Europe and on checkout it's showing me UPS, EMS, DHL and one in Chinese.

Any preference when letting ship to Europe?

Jelks

Activity: 138

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 06:50:28 PM

teamviewer connects you to your pc in your house. as if you were sitting at it. so the answer is NO.

That's the problem, I'm going to be taking my laptop with me when I go out of town tomorrow.  One of the nice things about the Antminers is you don't have to have them connected to a computer.  Is there a way to access them without going through a PC on the network (like with RDP or Teamviewer)?
kaltar

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:19:38 PM

That's the problem, I'm going to be taking my laptop with me when I go out of town tomorrow.  One of the nice things about the Antminers is you don't have to have them connected to a computer.  Is there a way to access them without going through a PC on the network (like with RDP or Teamviewer)?

well i gets a bit more complicated but you could open up for different ports on your router and re-route them on you home network to point to each antminer ( don't forget to change each miners password)
i'm not going to write step by step,, google is your best friend for this.
goodluck
montyfd

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:32:04 PM

I went to use my 3 unused coupons today from the Bitmain Hash speed issue and found out that they expired.

What a crock of crap.

If they dont give me my coupons back or the equal bitcoin I will not purchase their products anymore.

Has anyone else had this happen???

I believed the coupons expired on the 16th, and now it's a week later. It was posted up and down this thread so you'll probably get no sympathy.  Most tried to sell their coupons last minute.
No email, no warning about expiration when the coupons were selected.  The only 'warning' was in a support thread??!

...Weaksauce!

Why email? Go to your customer account, to my coupons and you see there clearly "validity time".
If you knew that you had coupons, you must have been there and also have seen the validity time at the same moment.

Askit2

Activity: 981

DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:40:27 PM

Try the cgminer PHP example have one ant pull the data from the rest. Have one port forwarded Port 80 or whatever you like. 80 is good if you want browser to immediately load it. Do not have any secure type options available. Just hashrate, what pool, and the like no changes. It will involve learning the API a bit.

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
......SECURITY DECENTRALIZED...
Pages: « 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 516 »
  Print  

Jump to: