June 17, 2024, 10:59:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: To Be or Not to Be
To Be - 41 (70.7%)
Not to Be - 17 (29.3%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 210 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SILKCOIN][DARKSILK PREANN][TESTING STORMNODES/DarkSIlk MARKET/I2P]  (Read 289456 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Nyterax

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 12:00:57 PM

The ideas are inspiring, yes. But how will they transform themselves into technical innovation to help Silk rise above the competition in more than words?

@Nyterax
BTC: 1McgGk69g82epdnxAdDQfMSXtUygZfL4vZ
PenguinsAreCool

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 07:23:20 PM

I've been emailing with Arteleis towards hopefully fixing my corrupted wallet.dat file.
I've tried everything that's been suggested, and believe the fault has been isolated to my wallet.dat.  Some process that writes to it has probably corrupted it.  The devs will examine my wallet and debug window and hopefully will be able to address whatever the cause of the issue was in the next qt update.

With any luck at all, this problem will be fixed sometime soon.

On an unrelated note, make sure you check out this great article on coindesk regarding altcoins like Silkcoin:
http://www.coindesk.com/need-altcoins-can-get/?utm_source=CoinDesk+subscribers&utm_campaign=7d9d8daacf-EMAIL_RSS_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_74abb9e6ab-7d9d8daacf-78909885

We are doing a lot of things right.  As the software becomes more stable, etc., our focus will have to shift into PR for us to be successful.  More to discuss on that later, when the time comes. Smiley

The camel marches on!!!
anarchyx

Activity: 480
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 08:58:49 PM

SILK!  Enough said.
arteleis (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 09:03:06 PM

The ideas are inspiring, yes. But how will they transform themselves into technical innovation to help Silk rise above the competition in more than words?

Who is the competition?

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 09:24:03 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2014, 09:56:10 PM by arteleis

This is the newest windows beta.

https://github.com/mbishop75/silkcoin/releases/tag/v1.1.0.17-beta

as well here is the newest linux bin for any of yall nix users
https://github.com/mbishop75/silkcoin/releases/download/v1.1.0.16-beta/silkcoin-qt-1.1.0.16-debian.tar.gz

Planning on the new final release this week sometime.

So far the issues with previous 1.1.0.12 installer version have all been ironed out except for penguins corrupt wallet.dat.  Which are taking care of today.

In regards to competition, we are the GUI leaders in the industry.  I don't think any coin has the interface we have unless parts of it were forked from Silk.

The voting system was ready to be implemented, going on a login/2fa auth system..

But in the spirit of cryptocurrency, I believe we have found a much better way to run the voting and polls.  Looking to have it integrated along with a couple other cool features not yet seen in other wallets.

The dev who designed the voting system has been away this week, so upon his return, I believe we are ready to integrate with the new features proposed by the team.

For now check out 1.1.0.17 and please report any problems if they arise.  So far we haven't heard any issues with 1.1.0.16, and have done a lot more upgrades regarding 17.

Yes.

The Camel Marches On.  Grin

anarchyx

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:02:09 AM

https://github.com/mbishop75/silkcoin/releases/download/v1.1.0.16-beta/silkcoin-qt-1.1.0.16-debian.tar.gz

So far the issues with previous 1.1.0.12 installer version have all been ironed out except for penguins corrupt wallet.dat.  Which are taking care of today.

In regards to competition, we are the GUI leaders in the industry.  I don't think any coin has the interface we have unless parts of it were forked from Silk.

The voting system was ready to be implemented, going on a login/2fa auth system..

But in the spirit of cryptocurrency, I believe we have found a much better way to run the voting and polls.  Looking to have it integrated along with a couple other cool features not yet seen in other wallets.

The dev who designed the voting system has been away this week, so upon his return, I believe we are ready to integrate with the new features proposed by the team.

For now check out 1.1.0.17 and please report any problems if they arise.  So far we haven't heard any issues with 1.1.0.16, and have done a lot more upgrades regarding 17.

Yes.

We probably don't say this enough, but THANK YOU for all of your hard work!  I know this is so time consuming, but it will pay off, and I think you said it best, "The Camel Marches on."   Cheesy
armlock

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:02:29 AM

Yes.

Working fine and staking good here in windows 7/64 and windows 7/32

▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄
                  ▀▄▄█     ▀▀▀▀█   █
                   █  ▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▀
                  █   █      █   █
                 █    ▀▄    ▄▀    █
                █     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄     █
               █    ▄▀        ▀▄    █
              █   ▄▀            ▀▄   █
█   ▄▀    ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▀   █▄     █  █  ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄    ▄▀▀▀▄
█ ▄▀    ▄▀       ▀▄  █ █    █  █  ▄▀       ▀▄  ▀▄
██      █         █  █  ▀▄  █  █  █         █    ▀▄
█ ▀▄    ▀▄       ▄▀  █    █ █  █  ▀▄       ▄▀      █
█   ▀▄    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀    █     ▀█  █    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀   ▀▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S MOST SECURE
CASH
& CRYPTO PLATFORM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████       █████████████
███████                   ███████
SWISS
MADE
anarchyx

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:04:17 AM

Oh, and I keep forgetting how rare SILK is... at 45million coins, $10+ is actually realistic and achievable.   Can't wait to see those number Cheesy
PenguinsAreCool

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 01:17:39 AM

Oh, and I keep forgetting how rare SILK is... at 45million coins, $10+ is actually realistic and achievable.   Can't wait to see those number Cheesy

I have put some thought into this, and figure that a good goal to set is to support the SilkConomy reaching a $6B market capitalization within 10 years.

This would mean a price of somewhere around $100 per coin, conservatively.
This goal is achievable.

After the software is in a more stable form (meaning doesn't require users to update it more than once every several months or so, and updates are quicker/easier to do), perhaps we should have a discussion breaking down what steps must be taken to achieve this goal.  Then individual users can decide, based on their interests and backgrounds, which step(s) they can support to help achieve this goal, and how.

But we'll talk more about it in the near future.  I've already done a lot of thinking about this to get the conversation started.  But I don't want to detract from more important developments right now.

arteleis (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:19:56 AM

I have put some thought into this, and figure that a good goal to set is to support the SilkConomy reaching a $6B market capitalization within 10 years.

This goal is achievable.

After the software is in a more stable form (meaning doesn't require users to update it more than once every several months or so, and updates are quicker/easier to do), perhaps we should have a discussion breaking down what steps must be taken to achieve this goal.  Then individual users can decide, based on their interests and backgrounds, which step(s) they can support to help achieve this goal, and how.

But we'll talk more about it in the near future.  I've already done a lot of thinking about this to get the conversation started.  But I don't want to detract from more important developments right now.

We will have notifications for updates built into the system soon, seeing as though as much as we all think bct is the voice to the world.. it is not necessarily the case. There are a few routes to complete notifications for updates, and we are on top of all of them.

In regards to cryptocurrency as a whole at a current 10b dollar market cap, it is tough to say what the future will bring.  Already the systems of crypto are far superior to fiat, but it will be the crypto community as an entirety working together that could make it a world standard of payment.

With the coming and current integrations of decentralized marketplaces, and crypto philosophy being put into action we do as a crypto society have the possibility of reaching individual marketcaps like you describe.

If not, we will see the market eat itself over and over again, as the same fiat gods laugh at our tiny revolution, buy it, turn us against each other and own it.  In this case, the entire philosophy of crypto will die. And the federal reserve will issue us our bitcoins, from their miners in space. lol

So far the general mannerisms of silk post collapse, are very well.. with a lack of words to describe it, SILKY.  We are all very intelligent, very honest, very inquisitive, very forward thinking, well mannered, .. well the list can go on.  I haven't personally seen this kind of community in other threads. 

We are truly Silk. 

And have stabilized the price at 5 times the value of the crash, through what was previously called a group of rag-tag grass roots doomed to fail ragamuffins... lol

We do not have a CEO. Refuse to have a CEO to kybosh the philosophy of crypto.  Although in the absence of a fully automated democratic system, we are functioning well as a community run coin.  I believe the common agreement is to form a foundation or in this case a Council.  Perhaps entitled The Silk Council.  It will be comprised of all the current active contributors and programmers, and be responsible for all the payments to developers with comm funds and be publicly displayed for every investor or inquiry to ensure comm funds are spent correctly.

With the integration of the voting system soon to be incorporated, we will surely be able to devise a system that is fully automated, and exist as an autonomous system, with no centralized figure or head, but still be able to operate as an extremely intelligent and cohesive society in near exact reference to Jacqul's post, about the enigma or cellular pre-man intelligence of the slime mold.

The collective unconsciousness exists in all of us, and with the current consciousness of the Silk community, we are leagues and bounds above the majority of what is available in this strange and obscure crypto market.

seriously watch this http://www.ted.com/talks/heather_barnett_what_humans_can_learn_from_semi_intelligent_slime_1

relate the idea to the qualities of physical silk, and then look around at the community, the philosophy of crypto and decentralization, and the history of mankind.

If you feel you want to know the community more in depth message hanzlambrecht@gmail.com in google hangouts.

yell4george

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:44:14 PM

The website update looks great! I like the development progress meters!
www.silkcoin.io
Nyterax

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 01:55:18 PM

Very clean and slick look on the website, I'm impressed! Waiting for the next kick-ass wallet release now!

@Nyterax
BTC: 1McgGk69g82epdnxAdDQfMSXtUygZfL4vZ
anarchyx

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:48:00 PM

Agreed, great job on the site. Just snagged another 50k SILK @509
bobthenager

Activity: 443
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 06:15:26 PM

LOVE that WE decided to stick with the development progress bars on the website, as long as we follow through they are a great feature. I have NO doubts we will. The communication has been TOP NOTCH! Keep that up and people won't be able to resist scooping some SILK when they stop by and see where we're headed!  Grin
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:35:51 PM

LOVE that WE decided to stick with the development progress bars on the website, as long as we follow through they are a great feature. I have NO doubts we will. The communication has been TOP NOTCH! Keep that up and people won't be able to resist scooping some SILK when they stop by and see where we're headed!  Grin

Couldnt agree more!
Things are starting to look good where we are heading, and we have a great team of talented people putting great ideas to the table from around the globe.
The website is really looking good. Cheesy

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
ifxist

Activity: 74

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:54:12 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2014, 09:41:56 AM by ifxist

You asked for it.  Here it is!

Win a Parrot AR 2.0 Drone!
http://ardrone2.parrot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBMT-5vFayo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh7JyowQ3k0

Contest begins around 1:30 pm EST.

Official Sweepstakes Rules
No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.

1.       TO ENTER: Between August 11, 2014 and August 18, 2014, trade .002 BTC of Silkcoin on poloniex.com in exchange for one entry. Keep trading Silkcoin on poloniex.com, and each transaction valued at .002 BTC or more will earn you an additional entry. You can also send a handwritten postcard to Silkcoin - Skies the Limit, 2220 Meridian Blvd., Suite # P9897 Minden, NV 89423 USA with the words “Silkcoin Giveaway” along with your name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. Each postcard will qualify as 1 entry and must be received by August 21, 2014. Chances of winning depend entirely upon the number of entrants.

2.       ELIGIBILITY: The sweepstakes is open to anyone over the age of 18 as of August 10, 2014. The Sweepstakes is not open to employees and their families of Silkcoin or Poloniex. This offer is void wherever prohibited and subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.

3.       RANDOM DRAWING & PRIZE: One winner will be selected in a random drawing no later than August 28, 2014 and be notified on poloniex.com and bitcointalk.org Silkcoin thread. The winner will be contacted at the email address associated with his/her poloniex.com account by August 31, 2014 by the Silkcoin team, and the winner will have until September 07, 2014 to notify the Silkcoin team of their valid mailing address. The winner's mailing address must allow tracking by all major domestic and international shippers in order to verify delivery of prize. The winner’s failure to provide the Silkcoin team with a valid mailing address by September 07, 2014 will forfeit his/her claim to the prize.

4.       NAME OF THE WINNER: For the name of the winner, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Silkcoin Giveaway, 2220 Meridian Blvd., Suite # P9897 Minden, NV 89423 USA after August 31, 2014 and before September 30, 2014.

5.       The Sponsor of the Silkcoin - Skies the Limit is Silkcoin at Silkcoin Giveaway, 2220 Meridian Blvd., Suite # P9897 Minden, NV 89423 USA.
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:08:59 AM

You asked for it.  Here it is!

Win a Parrot AR 2.0 Drone!

Contest begins around 1:30 pm EST.

Official Sweepstakes Rules
No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.

1.       TO ENTER: Between August 11, 2014 and August 18, 2014, trade .002 BTC of Silkcoin on poloniex.com in exchange for one entry. Keep trading Silkcoin on poloniex.com, and each transaction valued at .002 BTC or more will earn you an additional entry. You can also send a handwritten postcard to Silkcoin - Skies the Limit, 2220 Meridian Blvd., Suite # P9897 Minden, NV 89423 USA with the words “Silkcoin Giveaway” along with your name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. Each postcard will qualify as 1 entry and must be received by August 21, 2014. Chances of winning depend entirely upon the number of entrants.

2.       ELIGIBILITY: The sweepstakes is open to anyone over the age of 18 as of August 10, 2014. The Sweepstakes is not open to employees and their families of Silkcoin or Poloniex. This offer is void wherever prohibited and subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.

3.       RANDOM DRAWING & PRIZE: One winner will be selected in a random drawing no later than August 28, 2014 and be notified on poloniex.com and bitcointalk.org Silkcoin thread. The winner will be contacted at the email address associated with his/her poloniex.com account by August 31, 2014 by the Silkcoin team, and the winner will have until September 07, 2014 to notify the Silkcoin team of their valid mailing address. The winner's mailing address must allow tracking by all major domestic and international shippers in order to verify delivery of prize. The winner’s failure to provide the Silkcoin team with a valid mailing address by September 07, 2014 will forfeit his/her claim to the prize.

4.       NAME OF THE WINNER: For the name of the winner, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Silkcoin Giveaway, 2220 Meridian Blvd., Suite # P9897 Minden, NV 89423 USA after August 31, 2014 and before September 30, 2014.

5.       The Sponsor of the Silkcoin - Skies the Limit is Silkcoin at Silkcoin Giveaway, 2220 Meridian Blvd., Suite # P9897 Minden, NV 89423 USA.

Goddamn YES!

armlock

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:30:13 AM

Best giveaway for the best coin!

▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄
                  ▀▄▄█     ▀▀▀▀█   █
                   █  ▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▀
                  █   █      █   █
                 █    ▀▄    ▄▀    █
                █     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄     █
               █    ▄▀        ▀▄    █
              █   ▄▀            ▀▄   █
█   ▄▀    ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▀   █▄     █  █  ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄    ▄▀▀▀▄
█ ▄▀    ▄▀       ▀▄  █ █    █  █  ▄▀       ▀▄  ▀▄
██      █         █  █  ▀▄  █  █  █         █    ▀▄
█ ▀▄    ▀▄       ▄▀  █    █ █  █  ▀▄       ▄▀      █
█   ▀▄    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀    █     ▀█  █    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀   ▀▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S MOST SECURE
CASH
& CRYPTO PLATFORM
SWISS
MADE
Crypt0Keeper

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

Ad Libertas!

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 02:52:49 PM

This goal is achievable.

We will have notifications for updates built into the system soon, seeing as though as much as we all think bct is the voice to the world.. it is not necessarily the case. There are a few routes to complete notifications for updates, and we are on top of all of them.

In regards to cryptocurrency as a whole at a current 10b dollar market cap, it is tough to say what the future will bring.  Already the systems of crypto are far superior to fiat, but it will be the crypto community as an entirety working together that could make it a world standard of payment.

With the coming and current integrations of decentralized marketplaces, and crypto philosophy being put into action we do as a crypto society have the possibility of reaching individual marketcaps like you describe.

If not, we will see the market eat itself over and over again, as the same fiat gods laugh at our tiny revolution, buy it, turn us against each other and own it.  In this case, the entire philosophy of crypto will die. And the federal reserve will issue us our bitcoins, from their miners in space. lol

So far the general mannerisms of silk post collapse, are very well.. with a lack of words to describe it, SILKY.  We are all very intelligent, very honest, very inquisitive, very forward thinking, well mannered, .. well the list can go on.  I haven't personally seen this kind of community in other threads. 

We are truly Silk. 

And have stabilized the price at 5 times the value of the crash, through what was previously called a group of rag-tag grass roots doomed to fail ragamuffins... lol

We do not have a CEO. Refuse to have a CEO to kybosh the philosophy of crypto.  Although in the absence of a fully automated democratic system, we are functioning well as a community run coin.  I believe the common agreement is to form a foundation or in this case a Council.  Perhaps entitled The Silk Council.  It will be comprised of all the current active contributors and programmers, and be responsible for all the payments to developers with comm funds and be publicly displayed for every investor or inquiry to ensure comm funds are spent correctly.

With the integration of the voting system soon to be incorporated, we will surely be able to devise a system that is fully automated, and exist as an autonomous system, with no centralized figure or head, but still be able to operate as an extremely intelligent and cohesive society in near exact reference to Jacqul's post, about the enigma or cellular pre-man intelligence of the slime mold.

The collective unconsciousness exists in all of us, and with the current consciousness of the Silk community, we are leagues and bounds above the majority of what is available in this strange and obscure crypto market.

seriously watch this http://www.ted.com/talks/heather_barnett_what_humans_can_learn_from_semi_intelligent_slime_1

relate the idea to the qualities of physical silk, and then look around at the community, the philosophy of crypto and decentralization, and the history of mankind.

If you feel you want to know the community more in depth message hanzlambrecht@gmail.com in google hangouts.

We are talking about donating some SILK funds to charity but I think it would be cool to donate to Heather Barnett too since she's been inspiring us since the takeover started Smiley

--Silkcoin Reddit Moderator--
https://silknetwork.org
pandionrain

Activity: 113

SILK. All the cool kids are buying it.

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 04:39:44 PM

The Silkcoin Community is so talented, visionary, intelligent, resourceful and driven.....
it's scary!
I'm afraid it might....
Take over the
World!

SILK:   B5ZPSMdFTWKKofvF1cKqVorapD8sV62XFx
BTC:    14vooT31DUVqxCFKR67dnEUojhBfKbHW1L
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 210 »
  Print  

Jump to: