May 02, 2024, 05:12:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: To Be or Not to Be
To Be - 41 (70.7%)
Not to Be - 17 (29.3%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 210 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SILKCOIN][DARKSILK PREANN][TESTING STORMNODES/DarkSIlk MARKET/I2P]  (Read 289445 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
arteleis (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 05:57:37 AM

So does getting rid of all the orphans from my wallet actually help anyone else? What's the big rush to get rid of them?
  there is technically no rush.  I am rewarding folks for first getting on new client and second for removing the orphans in their client to make their personal system run better. 
   the benefit for all is for all of us to improve our experience with silk.  those of us around staking long enough will of course notice and improvement in their clients after using the removal tool.

believe I've got everyone their orphan cleaning rewards (which is of course only available with beta release)  but if I missed anyone let me know. receiving screenshots from multiple sources so please feel free to message me if I missed ya!

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 06:31:49 AM

So does getting rid of all the orphans from my wallet actually help anyone else? What's the big rush to get rid of them?
No. It helps no-one else. By definition an orphan is the record of a submission to the network of work meeting the criteria for generating a new block... but the submission was rejected by the network (usually because someone got there just before you). It's a local record, kept in your wallet.dat file. So it clutters up your wallet without becoming part of the blockchain.

It's part and parcel of mining, whether through POS or POW. The cleanup tool just gets rid of this clutter from your wallet.

You can also clean your wallet, and contribute to the network, by moving your coins to a fresh wallet.  It's slightly more costly because you pay transaction fees. But it helps to keep the network moving and alive.

Staking also keeps the network alive... but the current rate of return is no incentive to hold coins. By my own primitive calculations the current 'interest' is about 3.8% PA. The 5% in the official documentation is 'compound' interest based on reinvesting all generated coins. IMO this should be increased to 10% simple interest, with premiums for coins held above 90, 180, 270, and 360 Days (say 12.5%, 15%, 17.5% and 20%). This would encourage people to hold staking wallets, thus securing the network, and help to stabilise the price on exchanges. It could also encourage adoption by merchants who could benefit from holding currency reserves.
Just a thought.

Of course then the orphan removal tool would become more significant, as moving coins between addresses would incur the penalty of lost interest and coin-age. ATM the penalty is negligible.

deadly post man.  I explained a bit in the last post.  but to explain further.. I want to take care of the community.  I want everyone's wallets working correctly, smaller systems to be able to run efficiently and as you mentioned, not only have the tool operable but also used when it does count the most in the future.  

its been brought up many a time..  hanz..  why the hell you wanna pay or do developments on a coin with such a low market cap.. the things youre asking only applies to coins with marketcaps in the millions..
   the answer is.  we deserve and will be back into the high rankings one day.  there is no rush for this.. what we build here can be done solely and as you mention by building more nodes (new users and stake nodes) and continuous development of the solidarity of the code.

one thing you must all remember is that when this coin was at its peak of 5000 sat or whatever it was at this point the code was already broken..
   the original silkcoin was nothing more but a marketing fiasco based on some qt ingenuity.. which yes was grand.  
    but as some of you have noticed in the 20-30+ silkcoin forks... the coins die.  
   difference being of course.  we have spent 6 months or so repairing the code.  and finally the chain.
   the failures of the previous team have been fixed, and we have a solid core of not just a community bbut strange family to boot. (-;
   because of this connection.  I cannot leave this coin.  I cannot quit.  I do not pay for these upgrades with coin trading earnings,but with the sweat of my brow and my job in the field outside of coding and technology.

you guys are like my band, my strange crypto family.. and I am here to support and will continue to.  
  what honesty and honor In the crypto world coupled with long standing code experience and friendly critisicm on such code produces.. well.. in will be interesting to see.

in regards to percentage increase and inflation..  the system you describe is fantastic but I would believe would require continuous forks and with that continued risk to the coin and price.

the community voted on 111% and is what we are building towards.  

appreciate your intelligent posts man! as always if I didn't answer correctly please let me know. (-;

CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 06:48:04 AM

Ahhh, Like a weight has been lifted. Smiley
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 07:37:35 AM

Ahhh, Like a weight has been lifted. Smiley
   pmed with instructions! good work friend.  a clean wallet is a clean mind.  (-;

pkobse

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 07:41:09 AM

I don't know why, but the minimize window button is not working in last couple of wallets, is it like that for everyone?

BTC 1C9FGy8kUTF1R21bhLyzXQHDjm87xoRenn,
LTC LXZ7xhLYJU4K8zdtdYc89o81NgwXbSwEbC
or DOGE DKJDnR8deKGRRbFWCnsSDz15ha5t43B75B. :-)
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 11:18:04 AM

I don't know why, but the minimize window button is not working in last couple of wallets, is it like that for everyone?

which version and platform? also check your options for boxes minimize on close, or minimize to tray I believe.  sorry not at comp ATM
  but  likely be a setting in actions menu.  I'll find for ya tomorrow when I make it back to comp.

minimize i in windows 1.1.1.1  on win 8.1 works for sure.  but haven't checked my mac client from before as I've always left open lol

Quantum12

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 11:34:26 AM

I have noticed that if you move the wallet on your desktop ( left right up down) the minimize button will work in some places but not others.

am on win 7 64bit if this helps

if i drag it back to the center of the screen it works fine

Q
TimC
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 11:41:56 AM

I have noticed that if you move the wallet on your desktop ( left right up down) the minimize button will work in some places but not others.

Q

I was just checking this out and the patter is if the edge of the wallet is off the screen it will not minimize. If the whole wallet is within your screen it will minimize but it will not minimize if any part of the wallet is outside of your screen viewing area.
Thistleblower

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 05:26:34 PM

The curious incident of the coins in the night-time.

I sent some coins to an empty wallet using the previous version of the software.
They failed to arrive, although the send was confirmed many times.
Cutting a long story (and many hours of frustration) short...

The destination wallet.dat was created using the previous software, but running in the new software with a fresh download of the blockchain. It was empty before the upgrade.

As a final resort I copied the destination wallet.dat to the machine running the previous software, and placed it in the silk data folder.
When it eventually synchronised the coins appeared. They were still not showing in the same wallet.dat running with the latest version.
So I copied the destination wallet from the machine with the previous version to the machine running the current version.
Having registered with the wallet.dat under the previous version... the coins were now present and correct under the new version.
So I have Two Copies of the same wallet.dat (created with the previous version and containing the same addresses).
One copy was empty when I upgraded to the latest software and refuses to see coins sent to addresses in that wallet.
The other copy was empty until I ran it using the previous software, when it registere receipt of the coins.
The sending wallet was running under the old software.

The coins sent to this wallet.dat will not register under the latest software until they have registered with the software version that created it.

I have not conducted any more tests, but it would seem that the addresses in a wallet created by the previous software need to be initialised by receiving coins under that version before they will function correctly with the new version. The copy that has not been running under the previous version (since the coins were sent) is still reporting that it is empty under the new version.

This could cause compatibility issues with upgrades, so I'm hoping that the team will investigate. Sorry about the longwinded account.
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 09:45:50 PM

I sent some coins to an empty wallet using the previous version of the software.

The destination wallet.dat was created using the previous software, but running in the new software with a fresh download of the blockchain. It was empty before the upgrade.

As a final resort I copied the destination wallet.dat to the machine running the previous software, and placed it in the silk data folder.
When it eventually synchronised the coins appeared. They were still not showing in the same wallet.dat running with the latest version.
So I copied the destination wallet from the machine with the previous version to the machine running the current version.
Having registered with the wallet.dat under the previous version... the coins were now present and correct under the new version.
So I have Two Copies of the same wallet.dat (created with the previous version and containing the same addresses).
One copy was empty when I upgraded to the latest software and refuses to see coins sent to addresses in that wallet.
The other copy was empty until I ran it using the previous software, when it registere receipt of the coins.

The coins sent to this wallet.dat will not register under the latest software until they have registered with the software version that created it.

I have not conducted any more tests, but it would seem that the addresses in a wallet created by the previous software need to be initialised by receiving coins under that version before they will function correctly with the new version. The copy that has not been running under the previous version (since the coins were sent) is still reporting that it is empty under the new version.

This could cause compatibility issues with upgrades, so I'm hoping that the team will investigate. Sorry about the longwinded account.

hmm why did you use an empty wallet.DAT from old in new then send old coins to old wallet in new client? lol that's some kind of riddle..

personally I just kept my old wallet while running the new beta exe.

have you checked wallet for any mismatched coins?
   kinda sounds like using 2 different wallet.dats with different balances on 2 different versions might cause issues lol

unless you talking about two different computers then this might make more sense. 

you in silkchat? welcome to pm me and we can talk more. 
   sooo is there missing coins? I'm sorry couldn't really find for sure if that was the case in the post, lol but its christmas eve and Santa has rum haha

arteleis (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 09:48:41 PM

Q

I was just checking this out and the patter is if the edge of the wallet is off the screen it will not minimize. If the whole wallet is within your screen it will minimize but it will not minimize if any part of the wallet is outside of your screen viewing area.

hmm yes so checked it out and im finding different locations on the screen will allow to minimize and not minimize.
  I'm going to try and recreate some more and see if it is location based which would seem unlikely or cpu fluctuations causing a glitch?

lol its a good beta find anyways.  if anyone solves it before us I'll have a bounty waiting.

are any nix users experiencing this is it just ol winblows at her dirty tricks again?

arteleis (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 09:57:06 PM

hahaha stolen post from Mauricio in hipchat!

silk in bloomberg...

TimC
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 10:08:32 PM

hmm yes so checked it out and im finding different locations on the screen will allow to minimize and not minimize.
  I'm going to try and recreate some more and see if it is location based which would seem unlikely or cpu fluctuations causing a glitch?

lol its a good beta find anyways.  if anyone solves it before us I'll have a bounty waiting.

are any nix users experiencing this is it just ol winblows at her dirty tricks again?

It looks like the issue is if any part of the wallet is off the screen it will not minimize. Most likely trying to store a value out of range that would be used when the wallet/window is restored. Any case if any part of the wallet is out of the view area of the screen it does not minimize. Once all parts of the wallet are visible it can be minimized.

Thistleblower

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 10:58:44 PM

hmm why did you use an empty wallet.DAT from old in new then send old coins to old wallet in new client? lol that's some kind of riddle..

As explained in a previous post, I used to clean up my wallets by sending coins to a fresh wallet. I had one set up when the upgrade was issued so I used it with the new software and a fresh copy of the blockchain rather than setting up a new wallet from scratch. No orphans, redundant receiving addresses, or fragmented staking.

kinda sounds like using 2 different wallet.dats with different balances on 2 different versions might cause issues lol

The same Wallet.dat on two different versions. When the coins didn't arrive I tried numerous remedies before I thought of copying the wallet back into the old software which generated it. The coins arrived when I opened the wallet with the old software, and when I switched That copy to the new software they were fine. But I still have a copy of the same wallet that has not been used with the old software since the coins were transferred. This copy will not register the coins.

Try it for yourself.
Have a sending wallet running with the old software. Generate a new receiving wallet using the old software, and then run it using the new software. Send some coins to the receiving wallet and wait for them to arrive. If they don't, then copy the receiving wallet.dat to the machine running the old software and see them arrive. Then copy the receiving wallet back to the machine running the new software having first made a backup copy of of the wallet.dat that refused to see the coins. The copy that's been run through the old software should contain the coins from the sending wallet... but the copy that hasn't been run through the old software will refuse to do so.

The addresses in Both copies are identical. So why won't the copy that hasn't

It's an obscure but interesting scenario that only cane to light by accident. It 'might' have an impact on upgrades if an old wallet.dat is used (as frequently happens) with upgraded software. It only seems to affect wallets that have not been used at all before an upgrade, but I haven't investigated in greater depth. If it affects receiving addresses that haven't been used prior to the upgrade then there could be more serious ramifications... particularly after a hard fork, when 'fixing' the wallet by running the software that generated it is no longer an option.

It may well be an issue that affects other coins. I'll look around for some with recently upgraded wallets and give it a try. I now have both versions of silkcoin set up on one machine, each with it's own copy of the blockchain (not using default locations). You can't run them together because of a conflict accessing ports, but they run quite normally using either/or.

unless you talking about two different computers then this might make more sense. 

sooo is there missing coins? I'm sorry couldn't really find for sure if that was the case in the post, lol but its christmas eve and Santa has rum haha
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 11:37:41 PM

As explained in a previous post, I used to clean up my wallets by sending coins to a fresh wallet. I had one set up when the upgrade was issued so I used it with the new software and a fresh copy of the blockchain rather than setting up a new wallet from scratch. No orphans, redundant receiving addresses, or fragmented staking.

The same Wallet.dat on two different versions. When the coins didn't arrive I tried numerous remedies before I thought of copying the wallet back into the old software which generated it. The coins arrived when I opened the wallet with the old software, and when I switched That copy to the new software they were fine. But I still have a copy of the same wallet that has not been used with the old software since the coins were transferred. This copy will not register the coins.

Try it for yourself.
Have a sending wallet running with the old software. Generate a new receiving wallet using the old software, and then run it using the new software. Send some coins to the receiving wallet and wait for them to arrive. If they don't, then copy the receiving wallet.dat to the machine running the old software and see them arrive. Then copy the receiving wallet back to the machine running the new software having first made a backup copy of of the wallet.dat that refused to see the coins. The copy that's been run through the old software should contain the coins from the sending wallet... but the copy that hasn't been run through the old software will refuse to do so.

The addresses in Both copies are identical. So why won't the copy that hasn't

It's an obscure but interesting scenario that only cane to light by accident. It 'might' have an impact on upgrades if an old wallet.dat is used (as frequently happens) with upgraded software. It only seems to affect wallets that have not been used at all before an upgrade, but I haven't investigated in greater depth. If it affects receiving addresses that haven't been used prior to the upgrade then there could be more serious ramifications... particularly after a hard fork, when 'fixing' the wallet by running the software that generated it is no longer an option.

It may well be an issue that affects other coins. I'll look around for some with recently upgraded wallets and give it a try. I now have both versions of silkcoin set up on one machine, each with it's own copy of the blockchain (not using default locations). You can't run them together because of a conflict accessing ports, but they run quite normally using either/or.

haha that quoting was as cryptic as the explaination lol.. but here goes

1.  create new recieving address in old wallet then send to that receiving address in new client with old wallet installed.

2. send coins from old client to new client with old wallet installed based on the receiving address you created in old wallet

3. say wtf are my coins?

haha well to me looks like a coin control issue.  u can create as many addies as ya want but they all are the same wallet.DAT

personally I am still learning coin control as there isnt much resources I've found in plain German lol so once I fully grasp and really anyone else who has knowledge of qt and bitcoind silkcoin d etc create a video knowledge base so silk comm gets real fucking smart.

I mean Obama is doing it with hour of code.. why can't silk comm all become knowledgeable in as many aspects of the client as possible. 

again well does the orphan removal tool aid the community? well yes.  cuz we are all learning (sorry maybe not all haha) how to use the client.  the strength of a network not only lies in its connections but also in the understanding of a conection and our role in the network.

but yeh man check into this scenario with other coins.  and will have to make clear instructions if this strange thing in the night haha is something to cause user adoptance issues.

after all a happy network is happy nodes and happy nodes are silky. (-;

Quantum12

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 09:46:19 AM

Merry xmas fellow camel riders!!!!

Hope you all have a great day !!!

Remember your wives would love a bit of SILK for xmas buy buy Tongue

Q
Shovelcoin

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 03:34:35 PM

i also upgraded to the new wallet and did some clean up
Wallet looks great btw

16:28:53

Welcome to the Silkcoin RPC console.
Gebruik de pijltjestoetsen om door de geschiedenis te navigeren, en Ctrl-L om het scherm leeg te maken.
Typ help voor een overzicht van de beschikbare commando's.

16:29:12

checkwallet

16:30:13

{
"mismatched spent coins" : 0,
"amount in question" : 0.00000000,
"orphan blocks found" : 1497
}

16:30:25

repairwallet

16:33:22

{
"mismatched spent coins" : 0,
"amount affected by repair" : 0.00000000,
"orphan blocks removed" : 1497
}
pescadorloco69

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 05:56:56 PM

I forgot to screen grab the orphans I cleared out so here is a festive camel marching onward to 2015 instead.

m33
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Never invest with borrowed coins

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 10:43:43 PM

May I ask why was my post deleted. What was wrong with the message?

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

YOUR DIGITAL PRECIOUS METAL 
PoSP | BNP Masternodes | 65 Second block time
Bullion MarketPlace

Cryptopia | NovaExchange |
Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
m33
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Never invest with borrowed coins

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 10:56:55 PM

Checked and repair , wallet looks great

http://m.imgur.com/D5t9sur

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

YOUR DIGITAL PRECIOUS METAL 
PoSP | BNP Masternodes | 65 Second block time
Bullion MarketPlace

Cryptopia | NovaExchange |
Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 210 »
  Print  

Jump to: