May 02, 2024, 06:44:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: To Be or Not to Be
To Be - 41 (70.7%)
Not to Be - 17 (29.3%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 210 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SILKCOIN][DARKSILK PREANN][TESTING STORMNODES/DarkSIlk MARKET/I2P]  (Read 289445 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
93under93

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:39:17 AM

I would like to make a request: Would it be at all possible to get a button somewhere on the main sidebar that would allow me to disable staking? Maybe like, if I right-clicked or double-clicked on the staking icon? I dunno. I tend to take breaks from staking quite often, and it is inconvenient to open up the settings each time. Especially since when I click the settings button, the window doesn't show up front. (It opens, but behind the window. Windows 8.1)

Not a huge deal, but I didn't figure it would hurt to ask. :3

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
penoze
Legendary

Activity: 1235
Merit: 1003

https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 11:19:11 AM

It's a while ago that i reading stuff about silk.
When i buy around a half year ago i liked this coin very much.

Before i set a buy-order i have a question. (reading 100 pages is a lot  Tongue)

Are there future plans for this coin and can somebody subscribe what kind of plans?

you're more then welcome to pm me or join in a private conversation in silkchat to discuss what is happening and what you'd like to see.  as is everyone.  the future of this coin lies in its community and acting as a single organism.

so your conversation is as always welcome.

I keep following this thread and hope to see more news in the future.

Meanwhile i own now a bag with silk again and just see where this one going to.

Hope we getting more information soon.

Quantum12

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 11:46:27 AM

I would like to make a request: Would it be at all possible to get a button somewhere on the main sidebar that would allow me to disable staking? Maybe like, if I right-clicked or double-clicked on the staking icon? I dunno. I tend to take breaks from staking quite often, and it is inconvenient to open up the settings each time. Especially since when I click the settings button, the window doesn't show up front. (It opens, but behind the window. Windows 8.1)

Your feature already exists!

If you click the little Padlock on the GUI ( very top IcON)

you can disable/enable staking their of course it will open the password window if you have one. the window opens on top with me , but i guess if you opened a new wallet transferred funds their and did NOT add a password it would operate as you are explaining

Q
pandionrain

Activity: 113

SILK. All the cool kids are buying it.

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 06:24:40 PM

I'm soooo disappointed in XPY right now!   I'd like to slap the "CEO" silly with a ruler....or 2x4....or lead pipe....

Repent, you little $#÷/^_$#!

Thank Zeus, Buddha,  Jesus, Allah, Krishna that there ARE honest DEVS who DO have integrity and deliver on their promises.  I'm putting my salvaged "investment" from XPY into stakeable SILK.  Geez, I feel dirty just having those two in the same sentence, thats unfair to SILK.  

On the upside, the recent GAW fiasco has made me appreciate our community and its firm devotion to integrity even more.  I sincerely thank you all for standing strong on this project and your continued support on the awesome developments SILK IS putting into place.   Here at SILK, we don't hype up grand plans and unsupported promises.  We have a motto of actually ensuring our projects are actually developed and tested before releasing them to the general public.  We put our money where our mouth is gonna be.  

Man.  I love you guys.

SILK:   B5ZPSMdFTWKKofvF1cKqVorapD8sV62XFx
BTC:    14vooT31DUVqxCFKR67dnEUojhBfKbHW1L
93under93

Activity: 64

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 10:58:06 PM

Your feature already exists!

If you click the little Padlock on the GUI ( very top IcON)

you can disable/enable staking their of course it will open the password window if you have one. the window opens on top with me , but i guess if you opened a new wallet transferred funds their and did NOT add a password it would operate as you are explaining

Q

I forgot about that!

I never added a password because in the old days there was no button to unlock POS (you had to do it in the debug menu, and you weren't even sure if you were staking. Old pos coins were so barebones Sad )
mafort1469

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:19:41 AM

I'm soooo disappointed in XPY right now!   I'd like to slap the "CEO" silly with a ruler....or 2x4....or lead pipe....

Repent, you little $#÷/^_$#!

Thank Zeus, Buddha,  Jesus, Allah, Krishna that there ARE honest DEVS who DO have integrity and deliver on their promises.  I'm putting my salvaged "investment" from XPY into stakeable SILK.  Geez, I feel dirty just having those two in the same sentence, thats unfair to SILK.  

On the upside, the recent GAW fiasco has made me appreciate our community and its firm devotion to integrity even more.  I sincerely thank you all for standing strong on this project and your continued support on the awesome developments SILK IS putting into place.   Here at SILK, we don't hype up grand plans and unsupported promises.  We have a motto of actually ensuring our projects are actually developed and tested before releasing them to the general public.  We put our money where our mouth is gonna be.  

Man.  I love you guys.

Yes truly sorry for your involvement in that. SILK is good, stick with SILK.
PenguinsAreCool

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 11:49:42 PM

Soap box time:

I think this is a necessary conversation to have if this coin is to survive.
Something needs to change or all the dev team/community's efforts will have been in vain.

This coin currently has one fatal (fixable) flaw:

Its annual inflation rate is 111%.
Remember that our staking rewards are inflation for this currency.
Staking rewards are necessary to carry the network, but they must be kept at a level that does not render the currency impractical via rapid price decline.

Because of the 111% annual inflation, the value will continue to decline over time.

Can you imagine if the Federal Reserve or other central bank's policy resulted in 111% inflation?
People would literally die over that.

I'm partly responsible for this.  Maybe I should have voted a lot more times for 11%, but even 11% inflation will torpedo a currency.
Maybe I should have been more vocal about my concerns.
I know everyone wants more coins without paying for them, and staking seems like a great way to do that.
But what is the point in roughly doubling your number of coins each year if the value drops by 80+%?  You still have less value at the end of the year.

If this isn't changed, the value will eventually peg at 1 sat.

In order for a currency to be useful as a currency, it must be relatively scarce and therefore hold value.
This cannot be achieved at 111% inflation. 

Can we re-vote for staking rewards, and make it something that is a reasonable inflation rate again?
I figured I'd give it time before bringing it up, to allow the issue to become more obvious.
Have we learned our lesson yet?

/endrant
m33
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Never invest with borrowed coins

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 12:03:25 AM

Soap box time:

Something needs to change or all the dev team/community's efforts will have been in vain.

Staking rewards are necessary to carry the network, but they must be kept at a level that does not render the currency impractical via rapid price decline.

Because of the 111% annual inflation, the value will continue to decline over time.

Can you imagine if the Federal Reserve or other central bank's policy resulted in 111% inflation?

I'm partly responsible for this.  Maybe I should have voted a lot more times for 11%, but even 11% inflation will torpedo a currency.
I know everyone wants more coins without paying for them, and staking seems like a great way to do that.
But what is the point in roughly doubling your number of coins each year if the value drops by 80+%?  You still have less value at the end of the year.

In order for a currency to be useful as a currency, it must be relatively scarce and therefore hold value.

Can we re-vote for staking rewards, and make it something that is a reasonable inflation rate again?
I figured I'd give it time before bringing it up, to allow the issue to become more obvious.

/endrant

Please take a good look at tek , at 500% for more than a year now Price @2900, only diff you need to keep it for 30days . We need change the wait time to 15 days . Than we should be alright , hyp another pos also not doing well , wait time to stake is 9days but at 750% price @200

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

YOUR DIGITAL PRECIOUS METAL 
PoSP | BNP Masternodes | 65 Second block time
Bullion MarketPlace

Cryptopia | NovaExchange |
Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Quantum12

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 01:42:33 AM

Soap box time:

/endrant

111% has not been implemented yet.... so the flaw you see does not yet exist?

So yes you have plenty of time to voice your opinion but if you think its 111% pos thats keeping SILK at these prices i'm sorry you are incorrect.

I eagerly await your opinions.

Q
PenguinsAreCool

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 03:41:28 AM

Is there a real plan in place to ensure that demand out-paces 111%?
PenguinsAreCool

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 06:28:23 AM

Look at the long-term trend for TEK (180 days).

It's steadily, incontrovertibly declining. 

Unless demand for TEK outpaces the supply for TEK, it too will eventually peg at 1 sat.

Supply and demand is really not "my opinion".

Chances are that Silkcoin's value has been declining as investors sell in anticipation of it becoming a highly-inflationary currency.

Anyways, I raised a serious concern and was met with derisive responses that don't address the issue instead of a serious discourse. 
I don't think this is the community for me.

Good luck, everyone.
Quantum12

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 12:16:02 PM

Look at the long-term trend for TEK (180 days).

It's steadily, incontrovertibly declining. 

Unless demand for TEK outpaces the supply for TEK, it too will eventually peg at 1 sat.

Supply and demand is really not "my opinion".

Chances are that Silkcoin's value has been declining as investors sell in anticipation of it becoming a highly-inflationary currency.

Anyways, I raised a serious concern and was met with derisive responses that don't address the issue instead of a serious discourse. 
I don't think this is the community for me.

Good luck, everyone.

Your original Post reads as though you thought the 111% was implemented already , my comments were not derisive and i was genuinely looking forward to hearing your opinions on the matter, but now i get you .. because its upcoming and your views are here above.

and like i said at the end of my post , because its not in the wallet yet you have plenty of time to discuss it here Smiley , rest assured your comments have been read and digested

Q
CryptoGuy

Activity: 524
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 03:41:26 PM

Sorry for being noobish, I didn't feel like digging through the posts. I've got a bunch of SILK from the original coin release, is it possible to reclaim these?

<Insert favorite coin here>
arteleis (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:13:54 PM

Soap box time:

/endrant

no we are not 111% yet.

and yes there has to be a use for the extra perecentage of interest. which is yes planned.

the federal reserve prints money at will and releases it into supply at will.  fiat is of course continually declining in value vs the cost of goods.  for a long time now.

inflation is a scam and a trick.  doesnt exist.  only deflation of all fiat. which of course sustains an economy when balance and backed by military force...  or perhaps not a scam at all.. maybe just the evolution of warfare.  they say the pen is mightier then the sword.  and of course the reserve writes cheques that are only backed by IOUs.. which of course are paid back by interest..

so in the realm of Cryptos.. viables currency? wheres that? suppose bitcoin is.. any alts? personally have not seen one anywhere.
  there's lots of auto exchanges now.. payment processors.. but will Silk be used to buy fuel at a gas pump? a loaf of bread at the grocery store?
   unlikely.  will bitcoin? unlikely. only bet is that it will be exchanged for fiat and used via a payment processor with a pretty logo on a visa or debit card accepted at some places.

so what is the use of high percentage?
  spreading nodes.. trade and stake game..

at the beginning.. which we haven't even come to yet. (-;

perhaps a descending rate over time as mentioned might be an option.

but as mentioned the coin hasn't been forked to 111% yet. why the price decrease? well. all Cryptos are falling I would think. grandmaster bitcoin below 300 now.

but is a debatable subject I'm sure.  

I'm sorry tho mr. penguin I can't see where you were ridiculed in this thread. perhaps you misread something.

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
arteleis (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:15:44 PM

Sorry for being noobish, I didn't feel like digging through the posts. I've got a bunch of SILK from the original coin release, is it possible to reclaim these?

yes its still the same silk. just make sure to do a fresh install ie: delete everything but your wallet and run the new beta.  youll also like have to do a repairwallet as 1.0.9.2 client wallets have found to be corrupted by the previous runtime issues.

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
CryptoGuy

Activity: 524
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:44:11 PM

yes its still the same silk. just make sure to do a fresh install ie: delete everything but your wallet and run the new beta.  youll also like have to do a repairwallet as 1.0.9.2 client wallets have found to be corrupted by the previous runtime issues.

Perfect, thanks!

<Insert favorite coin here>
acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 06:23:23 PM

I'm syncing on Win 8.1 64bit

I had to format my pc.

I hope everything will work, I'll keep you updated

So far so smooth... so silk
 Cool
brownmon

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 10:47:48 PM

Please no 111%.  11% or less pls.
noise23
Legendary

Activity: 967
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 11:11:44 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2015, 11:22:17 PM by noise23

Please no 111%.  11% or less pls.
I don't understand why some people so afraid of 111% pos. Just look at HBN, CAP and others, all doing pretty well.
111% is not so high interest in a crypto world.
With 11% or less SILK will be worthless, 111% will attract new investors from pos community.
Personally I bought about 1 million SILK recently, and going to buy more only because it's going to be 111% PoS.
m33
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Never invest with borrowed coins

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 11:56:59 PM

Please no 111%.  11% or less pls.
I don't understand why some people so afraid of 111% pos. Just look at HBN, CAP and others, all doing pretty well.
111% is not so high interest in a crypto world.
With 11% or less SILK will be worthless, 111% will attract new investors from pos community.
Personally I bought about 1 million SILK recently, and going to buy more only because it's going to be 111% PoS.

Yes to 111 or more , but increase the wait time to 10 days or more . Than only long term bag holders . Price upwards moving.

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

YOUR DIGITAL PRECIOUS METAL 
PoSP | BNP Masternodes | 65 Second block time
Bullion MarketPlace

Cryptopia | NovaExchange |
Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 210 »
  Print  

Jump to: