Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:21:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679272 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
a_cat_named_joe

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 03:01:32 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2015, 03:12:12 PM by a_cat_named_joe

Hey so I had an idea about time estimation and wondering if you guys might be able to help me write some code for this.

So what I want to do is take the average network weight over a period of say every 50 Blocks starting the current height working back over max period to find the average rate of growth and then extrapolate that to find the future growth over the next period and weight it as it inputs get closer to their age.

So lets say you have the average plotted over 30 days, then you could take the average of each day to then get the growth rate. Then you would take the Block size and it's range (age - 8.8 * Blocksize up to a maximum of 30 days) and plot that against the average network weight within the range and expected growth.

The question is, how would you write something like that?

Honestly "network weight" is not real. Its really just an average of how much time it takes to stake over a set interval of blocks. You would be much better off using average weight spent per stake.

So what would be an approximate weight, for an individual block, where you could reasonably expect staking to be imminent, considering current difficulty?

If you look at this page you will see the last blocks staked on the network. It will tell you the weight of each block. If you click on the block height then you can get more information about the stake such as the size of the original block and the amount of days it took to stake. So for now it takes some manual investigating.

http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/HYP/chain.php

Thanks. That page looks useful. I will check it out more thoroughly later when I arrive back home. I take it that 'Stake Height' means 'Stake Weight'?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 03:09:58 PM

The example open-source CCE 4.0 explorer using a POS chain is now up using HyperStake at: http://openhyp.cryptocoinexplorer.com

For everyday use, please use the main HyperStake CCE explorer at: http://hyp.cryptocoinexplorer.com. The openhyp explorer serves as an example of the open source version of CCE 4.0

This version of the explorer has not been pushed to the repository yet. (Git is located at: https://github.com/cryptocoinexplorer/Open-Source-CCE-4.0 )

The major difference in this latest version is the transaction table on the block pages. Generating that table is harder then most people think. The code I have been using since CCE 3.0 works very well and is largely unchanged though CCE 3.99. However, it is very Rube Goldberg, and does not really follow good programming practices. I most certainly would not show that code to the public.  Grin  It is one of those unusual situations where odd code just worked better.

It has taken me a bit, but I have rewritten it with more standard programming practices. It is actually a bit longer and encompasses two functions for readability.

Once I release this version to the repository, I am going to make an official thread for open-source CCE 4.0 instead of posting in multiple threads as I do now.

I would like to hear what you think about removing links to the POS coin base transaction. This is the first transaction in the block and it acts as a placeholder of sorts where a POW block would generate coins as POS blocks generate coins in the second transaction. It is basically an empty transaction and as far I can tell holds no real useful information.

Damn that new version is quick Cool nice work!! I do see one mistake though... HyperStake not HyperCoin Tongue

Also should I still be using hyp.altcointech.net as the seed node hardcoded into the wallet?

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 04:16:42 PM

The example open-source CCE 4.0 explorer using a POS chain is now up using HyperStake at: http://openhyp.cryptocoinexplorer.com

For everyday use, please use the main HyperStake CCE explorer at: http://hyp.cryptocoinexplorer.com. The openhyp explorer serves as an example of the open source version of CCE 4.0

This version of the explorer has not been pushed to the repository yet. (Git is located at: https://github.com/cryptocoinexplorer/Open-Source-CCE-4.0 )

The major difference in this latest version is the transaction table on the block pages. Generating that table is harder then most people think. The code I have been using since CCE 3.0 works very well and is largely unchanged though CCE 3.99. However, it is very Rube Goldberg, and does not really follow good programming practices. I most certainly would not show that code to the public.  Grin  It is one of those unusual situations where odd code just worked better.

It has taken me a bit, but I have rewritten it with more standard programming practices. It is actually a bit longer and encompasses two functions for readability.

Once I release this version to the repository, I am going to make an official thread for open-source CCE 4.0 instead of posting in multiple threads as I do now.

I would like to hear what you think about removing links to the POS coin base transaction. This is the first transaction in the block and it acts as a placeholder of sorts where a POW block would generate coins as POS blocks generate coins in the second transaction. It is basically an empty transaction and as far I can tell holds no real useful information.

Very nice!

Unrelated to this explorer, we have a number of Peers on the network running some old clients. Not a big deal I'm sure... maybe they don't like skinning their gui Wink
a_cat_named_joe

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 10:04:55 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2015, 10:22:03 PM by a_cat_named_joe

For those new to HyperStake (like me!)

Press Tab sent me this link earlier:

I've now had time to have a good look at it. I can't recommend it highly enough for anyone new to HyperStake and hasn't staked (minted) yet. It gives a good idea of the current state of play with regards to staking.

It highlights such things as the difficulty, the weight and how much each block minted when it staked. I can see that block height merely means the total number of blocks minted. By comparison to blocks that have successfully staked, my blocks seem to be well on the way to staking, possibly well-ahead of when I thought they might.
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 11:01:05 PM

I've now had time to have a good look at it. I can't recommend it highly enough for anyone new to HyperStake and hasn't staked (minted) yet. It gives a good idea of the current state of play with regards to staking.

It highlights such things as the difficulty, the weight and how much each block minted when it staked. I can see that block height merely means the total number of blocks minted. By comparison to blocks that have successfully staked, my blocks seem to be well on the way to staking, possibly well-ahead of when I thought they might.

the wikia is free to edit to anyone... why not write up a page on that and how to use it?

also,

Welcome to the party!

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
a_cat_named_joe

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 01:02:40 AM

@billotronic

I intend to do something on the lines you suggest in the not too distant future with several coins I'm interested in. Party?!!! Where's the booze?  Wink
billotronic
Legendary

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 01:19:57 AM

##hyperstake on freenode... about 8-9pm EST time.

mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 06:27:12 PM

Thanks for the link Billotronic.  Definitely will check it out.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
billotronic
Legendary

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 06:52:13 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2015, 07:15:38 PM by billotronic

Well I'd love to steal press's credit, but alas, it's not my link nor my site. That little piece of sexiness is all presstab.

presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 07:06:14 PM

Well I'd love to steal press's credit, but alas, it's not my link nor my sight. That little piece of sexiness is all presstab.

I am planning on adding a few more coins to my cute little explorer site. And also to expand the capabilities of the analysis too.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 12:33:48 AM

Well I'd love to steal press's credit, but alas, it's not my link nor my sight. That little piece of sexiness is all presstab.

I am planning on adding a few more coins to my cute little explorer site. And also to expand the capabilities of the analysis too.

I caught a glimpse and it's amazing, it blows every other explorer away.
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 01:59:38 AM

These kinds of tools make the coin more interesting and fun to have. I am looking forward to writing some of my own analysis tools once I retire in 6 months. Keep up the good work Presstab

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 04:25:11 AM

HyperStake made it as coin of the week on SuperNet Radio Cheesy

Check out the recording done by Jon Prints he gives a pretty good overview of the history and the current state of HYP. https://soundcloud.com/supernetradio/coin-of-the-week-episode-7-hyperstake-hyp

dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 03:11:52 PM

Damn that new version is quick Cool nice work!! I do see one mistake though... HyperStake not HyperCoin Tongue

Also should I still be using hyp.altcointech.net as the seed node hardcoded into the wallet?

I caught and edited it before you quoted it  Cheesy

The altcointech.net address will not change. The separate address allows developers to use the explorer daemon as trusted node without having to change code for server changes etc. It is also in place if the need arises to run separate daemons for seeding.
a_cat_named_joe

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:23:43 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2015, 07:35:51 PM by a_cat_named_joe

Another interesting and pertinent post from Presstab re: HyperStake being the 'Coin of the Week' on Supernet radio.

https://soundcloud.com/supernetradio/coin-of-the-week-episode-7-hyperstake-hyp

Interesting because it gives an an experienced person's view on the the parameters to successfully stake HYP.

Also, interesting because it highlights the Dashcoin (the original) vs Dash (formerly Darkcoin) controversy. Dashcoin(DSH) was mentioned as the 'coin to watch'. Dashcoin looks to be in pole position and seems to have a lot going for it by having Monero's core dev on board. Dirt cheap at the moment and creeping up, so I bought a couple of beer's-worth on the strength that it could go into orbit (XMR pairing on Poloniex).

Lot's of coins around with similar names e.g. HyperStake, Hyper and HyperCoin. HyperStake stands out for me!
billotronic
Legendary

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 11:01:17 PM

maybe I am stupid but is there a limit to how many HYP you can send in a tx? I was trying to send 5m in the testnet and was getting :

Error: Transaction creation failed

But there was nothing in my log at all. It allows me to send at least 2m.

mafort1469

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 11:41:10 PM

maybe I am stupid but is there a limit to how many HYP you can send in a tx? I was trying to send 5m in the testnet and was getting :

Don't know, but congrats on Legendary Status!!

MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 10:38:29 AM

I'm guessing it needs to gather LOADS of inputs to reach 5m, and reaches a byte size limit.
If you pay 2m to yourself a couple times, you should then be able to send 5m using these two blocks to make 4m of the 5, then other smaller blocks to make up the rest.

billotronic
Legendary

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 02:42:05 PM

w00t w00t!

I'm guessing it needs to gather LOADS of inputs to reach 5m, and reaches a byte size limit.
If you pay 2m to yourself a couple times, you should then be able to send 5m using these two blocks to make 4m of the 5, then other smaller blocks to make up the rest.

hmmm ok, makes sense. gonna have to play around with this a little more

In other news, anyone good at making sexy signatures? I want to commission one for HYP. Either respond here or pm me.

Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 02:51:22 PM

w00t w00t!

hmmm ok, makes sense. gonna have to play around with this a little more

In other news, anyone good at making sexy signatures? I want to commission one for HYP. Either respond here or pm me.

Sexy Sig:  "Mmmm Hay Baby!  You want stakey stakey?  Oh HYP me love you long time.  <wink wink>"
Pages: « 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: