Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:39:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 [941] 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 ... 1241 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★[ANN] [NAV] NAV COIN - Community Fund Live!!!  (Read 2085712 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 04:54:28 AM

So NAV has the same technology as XMR ?

I know how Dash works, but not how XMR works.

No, they are not. Monero is a cryptonote coin, totally differnet codebase from bitcoin.

Cryptonote coins are dark by design but not very user friendly and as I have noticed, their blockchain is very prone to forking.

NAV is a bitcoin based coin but has added original anon technology, more sophisticated than DASH's. It's still being worked on.

Diego24

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 05:47:32 AM

So NAV has the same technology as XMR ?

I know how Dash works, but not how XMR works.

No, they are not. Monero is a cryptonote coin, totally differnet codebase from bitcoin.

Cryptonote coins are dark by design but not very user friendly and as I have noticed, their blockchain is very prone to forking.

NAV is a bitcoin based coin but has added original anon technology, more sophisticated than DASH's. It's still being worked on.
Yes, the difference between NAV and DASH is almost completely clear to me. I asked it here 2 weeks ago and got a really good explanation.

The difference between NAV and Monero is still not clear to me after reading your reply. Looks like the codebase and user friendlyness is the difference. But that doesn't seem that big of a deal. I am more interested in the technology they use to ensure transaction privacy. I saw a video on youtube about Monero in which they claim they are the worlds most private coin. I hear the same story from the NAV community. So which community is right ?

As far as I could find out, Monero doesn't use a second encrypted blockchain like NAV. It does something like mixing but more complicated than Dash. If you send 1000 Monero to someone, it will create several fake addresses and send the money divided to all these addresses and then from these addresses to your target address. Something like that, but I still don't understand all the details. And I also think they use some encryption, something that Dash doesn't. I don't know yet whether NAV does any kind of mixing. That wasn't clear from the explanation I got. NAV has everything encrypted and uses an encrypted blockchain for anon transactions. What I don't know is whether this second blockchain gives any advantage to what Monero is doing. Monero encrypts everything ... isn't that enough for privacy ? Why bother about a second blockchain ?

Well, these are the questions I still have. If anyone knows the answer, please let me know.

EDIT: By the way, I just received following reply on youtube from a Monero guy:

Navcoin's anonymity function is similar to Dash's with some added bells and whistles. It is relying on parties which function similar to masternodes. Monero doesn't rely on anyone, it all happens on the protocol level, I prefer Monero's style of protocol-level mixing.

If I were to consider any alternative, it would probably be Boolberry- which incidently had a nice 150%+ surge today. Its technology is the same as Monero, with some adjustments, and it has a GUI. However, the more users a cryptocurrency has for this type of mixing, the more anonymous it is, and Monero far outshines its competitors in this realm.
pakage

Activity: 794
Merit: 510

NavCoin Founder

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2016, 09:42:22 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2016, 09:57:20 AM by pakage

Hi Nav Coiners,

Time for the weekly update from the Team.

When we last reported I had completed the first cut of the brand new Anonymous Transaction System. This week I have been focusing on refining the first cut of code to make sure everything is accounted for and there are no possible errors. Everything seems to be working great so far and I have sent a bunch of successful transactions over the test net!

For anyone wondering how our anonymous system works, I would like to attempt to explain it. We are unlike any other Anon Crypto in the market and we are definitely not just DASH with extra bells and whistles as has been quoted in this thread. Hold on to your hats, this is the definitive answer of how our system works. It's complicated (and long sorry) but its important..

Instead of sending coins directly from Address A to Address B (like a regular Bitcoin), or from Address A through Addresses X,Y,Z to Address B (like a mixer or Dash), our system uses double encryption and a secondary block chain (Nav Subchain) to securely and fully anonymously send transactions through our network. From a user perspective its very easy to use. All you have to do is tick the "Send NAV Anonymously" box and click send. There's no pre-mixing, there's no command line gobbledegook. Just tick the box and press send.

When you choose to perform an anonymous send, firstly your wallet asks one of our Anonymous receiving servers via HTTPS for a short lived RSA public key. Address B is then encrypted by your wallet with the public key the receiving server sent. Address B is never broadcast from the Address A's wallet over the network in an unencrypted stated, not even over HTTPS which has been proven to be vulnerable (read: heartbleed). If you understand about RSA Public / Private keypair encryption, it is by nature asymmetric. The public key which we send out can only be used for encrypting. The public key is physically incapable of decrypting data so there's no security issue with broadcasting the public key to Address A's wallet over HTTPS. Only the server which issues the public key is able to decrypt with the private key, which never leaves the server and which are periodically deleted. So after a short period of time, it is literally impossible even for the server which sent the public key to decrypt Address B.

Once Address B is securely encrypted by your wallet, the coins are then sent from Address A to a wallet address owned by the Anonymous receiving server which provided the RSA Public Key to your wallet. The encrypted Address B is attached as an extra argument on the Nav Coin block chain transaction itself. There are no sql databases involved, all data storage is happening on the block chain and by the very nature of how block chains work, is decentralised.

When the receiving server sees the unspent Nav transaction in its wallet, it decrypts attached Address B with the private key which matches the public key it sent to Address A's wallet, then communicates to one of the Anonymous sending servers to repeat the initial task. It asks the sending server for its own short lived public RSA key which the receiving server then uses to re-encrypt Address B. The receiving server then creates a random amount of randomly valued transactions NOT on the Nav Coin block chain but on the Nav Subchain (which is an entirely separate block chain). These transactions all have a freshly re-encrypted version of Address B attached them and are sent to random addresses owned by the chosen Anonymous sending server.

When the sending server sees the unspent Nav Subchain transactions arrive in its wallet, it decrypts attached Address B, adds up the transactions, re-randomizes the number of transactions and transaction values and creates them as real Nav Coin transactions back on the main Nav Coin block chain. These coins are taken from an existing pool of Nav Coin which are stored on the server and are not the original coins sent from Address A.

In fact, the Nav which Address A sent are only ever used to replenish the Nav pool on the sending server for future transactions, they are never used in the same transaction chain as what end up in Address B. This is how we explicitly break the link between Address A and Address B on the Nav block chain.

Think of the Subchain as a transaction director rather than actually performing transactions itself. Receiving severs use the subchain to instruct the sending server who to send Nav to and how much to send.

The reason we use a Subchain as the transaction director between servers is that it maintains all the advantages of a decentralised block chain and none of the risks of relying on a corruptible, hack-able database server or direct (read: intercept-able) communication.

If someone were to literally burn our anonymous servers to the ground, as long as there is still a copy of the Nav Coin and Nav Subchain block chains out there somewhere, we can restore their wallet.dat(s) to new servers and they will resume exactly where they left off at the oldest unspent transaction in their wallet. Ahhh, the beauty of block chain technology! I don't miss the horrors of MySQL for one moment!

I've drawn this diagram as a (over) simplified way to visualise what I am talking about:

The important points to remember are that the sent Nav and the received Nav can not be transactionally linked on the same block chain. Any information that is transmitted along the subchain is randomized and re-encrypted so it can not positively identified as connected to the original transaction on the Nav block chain. All encryption keys are only used for a short period of time and then deleted, making all expired transaction records impossible to decrypt.

I know this is confusing as hell if you're not a tech-wizard, Sophia and Mark are working on a layman's translation of this information for a press release as we speak.

For those who weren't around for the last iteration of the Anon system, here is what an anonymous transaction looks like in the transaction history:

You can see at 28/08/2016 20:22 I send 100 NAV to address NegpeVty... (an anonymous receiving address) and then at 28/08/2016 22:13 I received 7 transactions of various amounts which total to ~99.4 NAV (100 - 0.5% anon processing fee - regular transaction fees).

If I open the transaction details of the sent 100 NAV you can see the encrypted Address B (which in this case was my own address) attached here to the block chain transaction as 'anon-destination':

You will notice these sent to and receiving transactions are nearly 2 hours apart, this is only because I am running the Anon network in test mode where I am manually inspecting and running the scripts while I debug and refine the code. In reality it would be a maximum of around 5 minutes between Address A sending and Address B receiving.

In regards to my progress, you can see here I have successfully sent and received transactions through the new Anonymous network. I am finishing my refinements this week and myself and Shahim will begin to deploy and test this on the live network next week. Once we are happy the live network is operating without a hitch we will open it to the public for use. We have not set an official launch date yet as we do not have crystal balls to predict what problems may arise when we begin live testing. We will keep you all posted with our progress and attempt to release the live network as soon as is practical and safe.

Once the new anon scripts are live, I think that will jump us to approximately 80% complete on the decentralisation project progress. I will immediately continue to work on that with the intention of getting that released as soon as possible. Hopefully you can see that the nature of the technology is very complex in itself and when you combine attempting to safely decentralise the system, it becomes exponentially more difficult. However, I believe that I am very close to a working solution for decentralisation and am confident that I can get it out there within a reasonable timeframe.

In the mean time, Soopy has been working on a fix for some of the syncing issues users have been reporting on the desktop wallet as well as investigating the compiling issues of the OSX wallet. Soopy and Shahim have been testing the thin desktop client which we also hope to release soon. Sophia, Mark and Strugg have been working hard on our marketing strategy, preparing press releases and marketing materials for our upcoming feature releases (thin client, mac wallet, anon-relaunch and decentralisation).

Everyone is working hard to pull this all together and we are glad to have you all along for the ride as supporters, investors and friends.

Till next week, please keep the questions coming and we will endeavour to answer them all.

Talk soon,
Craig.

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

NAV COIN ANONYMOUS SUBCHAIN TRANSACTIONS ▪ NAVCOIN.ORG BITCOINTALK.ORG
Arvesen

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 10:05:11 AM

What a wonderful weekly news!

The future in the hands of NAV team!
Ginger Ninja

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

They walk among us...

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 10:07:28 AM

Just wanted to thank Craig for the splendid update (as usual) and to thank ALL of the devs for the continued effort and hard work.
dream7000

Activity: 82

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 10:28:19 AM

When can we expect full integration?

pakage

NavCoin Founder

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2016, 10:47:52 AM

When can we expect full integration?

In regards to my progress, you can see here I have successfully sent and received transactions through the new Anonymous network. I am finishing my refinements this week and myself and Shahim will begin to deploy and test this on the live network next week. Once we are happy the live network is operating without a hitch we will open it to the public for use. We have not set an official launch date yet as we do not have crystal balls to predict what problems may arise when we begin live testing. We will keep you all posted with our progress and attempt to release the live network as soon as is practical and safe.

Once the new anon scripts are live, I think that will jump us to approximately 80% complete on the decentralisation project progress. I will immediately continue to work on that with the intention of getting that released as soon as possible. Hopefully you can see that the nature of the technology is very complex in itself and when you combine attempting to safely decentralise the system, it becomes exponentially more difficult. However, I believe that I am very close to a working solution for decentralisation and am confident that I can get it out there within a reasonable timeframe.

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

djank

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 10:52:13 AM

4 thumbs UP tiger!
Diego24

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 11:22:43 AM

@pakage: Wow. Thanks for the explanation. This is what I was waiting for all this time. It makes me confident that my investment in NAVCOIN was a good decision.

1 other question though ... this other guy on youtube told me that Monero has the advantage that it doesn't use masternodes. This is what he told me:

" The problem with masternodes is that they are parties you are counting on being trustworthy. On the other hand, Monero is trustless, thats the difference."

I guess this might be a valid point, right ? Or is there a way NAV circumvents this issue ? On the other hand, doesn't every cryptocurrency depend on a third party, like miners and dev team ?
Arvesen

Activity: 74

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 03:04:20 PM

I repeat:

price going to 5k satoshi till end of the month  Shocked

easily... Wink
AltcoinScamfinder

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 03:06:15 PM

Picked up 1 mil NAV last 3 weeks. Sitting on it for the 10x run in Sept/Oct.

FOR RENT.
Rotator

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 03:33:08 PM

Maybe it is right time to jump in? This can be monero 2?
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 03:51:27 PM

Hi Nav Coiners,

When we last reported I had completed the first cut of the brand new Anonymous Transaction System. This week I have been focusing on refining the first cut of code to make sure everything is accounted for and there are no possible errors. Everything seems to be working great so far and I have sent a bunch of successful transactions over the test net!

For anyone wondering how our anonymous system works, I would like to attempt to explain it. We are unlike any other Anon Crypto in the market and we are definitely not just DASH with extra bells and whistles as has been quoted in this thread. Hold on to your hats, this is the definitive answer of how our system works. It's complicated (and long sorry) but its important..

Instead of sending coins directly from Address A to Address B (like a regular Bitcoin), or from Address A through Addresses X,Y,Z to Address B (like a mixer or Dash), our system uses double encryption and a secondary block chain (Nav Subchain) to securely and fully anonymously send transactions through our network. From a user perspective its very easy to use. All you have to do is tick the "Send NAV Anonymously" box and click send. There's no pre-mixing, there's no command line gobbledegook. Just tick the box and press send.

When you choose to perform an anonymous send, firstly your wallet asks one of our Anonymous receiving servers via HTTPS for a short lived RSA public key. Address B is then encrypted by your wallet with the public key the receiving server sent. Address B is never broadcast from the Address A's wallet over the network in an unencrypted stated, not even over HTTPS which has been proven to be vulnerable (read: heartbleed). If you understand about RSA Public / Private keypair encryption, it is by nature asymmetric. The public key which we send out can only be used for encrypting. The public key is physically incapable of decrypting data so there's no security issue with broadcasting the public key to Address A's wallet over HTTPS. Only the server which issues the public key is able to decrypt with the private key, which never leaves the server and which are periodically deleted. So after a short period of time, it is literally impossible even for the server which sent the public key to decrypt Address B.

Once Address B is securely encrypted by your wallet, the coins are then sent from Address A to a wallet address owned by the Anonymous receiving server which provided the RSA Public Key to your wallet. The encrypted Address B is attached as an extra argument on the Nav Coin block chain transaction itself. There are no sql databases involved, all data storage is happening on the block chain and by the very nature of how block chains work, is decentralised.

When the receiving server sees the unspent Nav transaction in its wallet, it decrypts attached Address B with the private key which matches the public key it sent to Address A's wallet, then communicates to one of the Anonymous sending servers to repeat the initial task. It asks the sending server for its own short lived public RSA key which the receiving server then uses to re-encrypt Address B. The receiving server then creates a random amount of randomly valued transactions NOT on the Nav Coin block chain but on the Nav Subchain (which is an entirely separate block chain).
These transactions all have a freshly re-encrypted version of Address B attached them and are sent to random addresses owned by the chosen Anonymous sending server.

When the sending server sees the unspent Nav Subchain transactions arrive in its wallet, it decrypts attached Address B, adds up the transactions, re-randomizes the number of transactions and transaction values and creates them as real Nav Coin transactions back on the main Nav Coin block chain. These coins are taken from an existing pool of Nav Coin which are stored on the server and are not the original coins sent from Address A.

In fact, the Nav which Address A sent are only ever used to replenish the Nav pool on the sending server for future transactions, they are never used in the same transaction chain as what end up in Address B. This is how we explicitly break the link between Address A and Address B on the Nav block chain.

Think of the Subchain as a transaction director rather than actually performing transactions itself. Receiving severs use the subchain to instruct the sending server who to send Nav to and how much to send.

The reason we use a Subchain as the transaction director between servers is that it maintains all the advantages of a decentralised block chain and none of the risks of relying on a corruptible, hack-able database server or direct (read: intercept-able) communication.

If someone were to literally burn our anonymous servers to the ground, as long as there is still a copy of the Nav Coin and Nav Subchain block chains out there somewhere, we can restore their wallet.dat(s) to new servers and they will resume exactly where they left off at the oldest unspent transaction in their wallet. Ahhh, the beauty of block chain technology! I don't miss the horrors of MySQL for one moment!

I've drawn this diagram as a (over) simplified way to visualise what I am talking about:

The important points to remember are that the sent Nav and the received Nav can not be transactionally linked on the same block chain. Any information that is transmitted along the subchain is randomized and re-encrypted so it can not positively identified as connected to the original transaction on the Nav block chain. All encryption keys are only used for a short period of time and then deleted, making all expired transaction records impossible to decrypt.

I know this is confusing as hell if you're not a tech-wizard, Sophia and Mark are working on a layman's translation of this information for a press release as we speak.

For those who weren't around for the last iteration of the Anon system, here is what an anonymous transaction looks like in the transaction history:

You can see at 28/08/2016 20:22 I send 100 NAV to address NegpeVty... (an anonymous receiving address) and then at 28/08/2016 22:13 I received 7 transactions of various amounts which total to ~99.4 NAV (100 - 0.5% anon processing fee - regular transaction fees).

If I open the transaction details of the sent 100 NAV you can see the encrypted Address B (which in this case was my own address) attached here to the block chain transaction as 'anon-destination':

You will notice these sent to and receiving transactions are nearly 2 hours apart, this is only because I am running the Anon network in test mode where I am manually inspecting and running the scripts while I debug and refine the code. In reality it would be a maximum of around 5 minutes between Address A sending and Address B receiving.

In the mean time, Soopy has been working on a fix for some of the syncing issues users have been reporting on the desktop wallet as well as investigating the compiling issues of the OSX wallet. Soopy and Shahim have been testing the thin desktop client which we also hope to release soon. Sophia, Mark and Strugg have been working hard on our marketing strategy, preparing press releases and marketing materials for our upcoming feature releases (thin client, mac wallet, anon-relaunch and decentralisation).

Everyone is working hard to pull this all together and we are glad to have you all along for the ride as supporters, investors and friends.

Till next week, please keep the questions coming and we will endeavour to answer them all.

Talk soon,
Craig.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CoinJoin

Can you please tell me main differences?
For me it seems you guys are doing exactly this. (Bolded in your text)

Also can you please explain the last Bolded part in more detail please? I'm not quite sure what you mean with it.

Thank you for your time.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
indri123

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 04:10:38 PM

criptix, you won't understand how it works unless you know what asymmetric encryption is. And that's just one part of the complex puzzle for us who aren't into cryptography.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 04:19:33 PM

criptix, you won't understand how it works unless you know what asymmetric encryption is. And that's just one part of the complex puzzle for us who aren't into cryptography.

I know what public key cryptography is and how it works.
Just waiting for package to respond.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 05:37:37 PM

Hi Nav Coiners,

When the receiving server sees the unspent Nav transaction in its wallet, it decrypts attached Address B with the private key which matches the public key it sent to Address A's wallet, then communicates to one of the Anonymous sending servers to repeat the initial task. It asks the sending server for its own short lived public RSA key which the receiving server then uses to re-encrypt Address B. The receiving server then creates a random amount of randomly valued transactions NOT on the Nav Coin block chain but on the Nav Subchain (which is an entirely separate block chain). These transactions all have a freshly re-encrypted version of Address B attached them and are sent to random addresses owned by the chosen Anonymous sending server.

Talk soon,
Craig.

Awesome update this week, when all this is implemented, we'll see 40K each easy.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

pakage

NavCoin Founder

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2016, 07:29:09 PM

I know what public key cryptography is and how it works.
Just waiting for package to respond.

I will respond to your questions during my lunch break today Smiley

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

flying_triangle

Activity: 24

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2016, 08:25:54 PM

Great work Craig and the rest of the team. Getting Nav to here is due to hard work, dedication and an unwavering vision of designing the best possible platform without cutting any corners. There are big things for Nav in the near future. Hold tight for an official press release about the relaunch of the anonymous network. And hold on to your hats!
flying_triangle

Activity: 24

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2016, 12:39:29 AM

how to get on Nav Slack?

Hi PM me your name and email address and I'll add you  Smiley
pakage

NavCoin Founder

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2016, 02:35:51 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2016, 05:08:38 AM by pakage

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CoinJoin

Can you please tell me main differences?
For me it seems you guys are doing exactly this. (Bolded in your text)

Also can you please explain the last Bolded part in more detail please? I'm not quite sure what you mean with it.

Thank you for your time.

From my brief understanding, Coin Join is still technically transactionally linked, they just add a bit of misdirection in between sender and receiver. Its kind of like saying that I have $5 and you have $5 and we take both our $5 and swap it for a $10 note at the bank, then we take that $10 and get it changed into 2 differnet $5 at another bank and I buy an ice cream and you buy a can of coke. The $5 we used to buy icecream and coke isnt the same $5 each of us started with but in terms of bitcoin, all the data showing the inputs and outputs is available on the public block chain and is traceable just as if the bank recorded the serial numbers of the notes when we exchanged them. Using the example I have created, you probably couldn't (beyond reasonable doubt) prove it was me who bought ice cream and you who bought the coke. But you could say that One of us bought ice cream and one of us bought coke.

The difference of our system is that we use two block chains, which is kind of like using 2 currencies and it doesn't require a third party to join with. Its more like saying that I have $5 and i go on holiday to Russia, while there, i go to a foreign exchange desk and change the $5 into Roubles. I then give the Roubles to a friend of mine i meet with in Russia who privately changes it back into $5 for me from money he has under his mattress. He then flies to the US while I'm still in holiday in Russia and meets with my friend who I owe $5 to and pays the debt for me.

With this analogy, it is much much harder (i would say impossible) to prove that the $5 my friend received originated from me. I'm not even in the country when he receives the $5!

I hope this makes sense?

To answer your other questions:

Address B is then encrypted by your wallet with the public key the receiving server sent.

When your wallet finds an active anonymous receiving server, the server checks that its Nav Coin and Nav Subchain wallets are running then it finds the latest generated public key and sends it back to your wallet as part of its 200 OK response. Your wallet then uses this public key to encrypt the transactions intended recipient address then sends the transaction to our servers wallet address with the encrypted recipient address attached.

Only the server which issues the public key is able to decrypt with the private key, which never leaves the server and which are periodically deleted.

RSA Private and Public keys are generated in pairs. Only the private key from the same pair can decrypt data which was encrypted with a particular public key. So if i send you publicKey#1 from my server and your wallet encrypts some data with it, then only privateKey#1 from my server can decrypt the data you've encrypted. No other private key on my server or anyother server can decrypt that data. We only ever send out the public key for wallets to encrypt with, we never send anyone the private keys. So there is no danger of someone else being able to decrypt the data which has been encrypted with the public key. We also only use a key pair for a short period of time then we generate a new pair to use. We also delete unused key pairs after a certain buffer period so that we cant access your transaction history, even if we wanted to.

Once Address B is securely encrypted by your wallet, the coins are then sent from Address A to a wallet address owned by the Anonymous receiving server which provided the RSA Public Key to your wallet
Again, i think this is pretty straight forward. Instead of sending NAV from A to B, we encrypt address B and send the money to one of our servers with the encrypted address B attached to the block chain transaction. Then the rest of the magic happens iwth the subchain etc..

When the receiving server sees the unspent Nav transaction in its wallet, it decrypts attached Address B with the private key which matches the public key it sent to Address A's wallet, then communicates to one of the Anonymous sending servers to repeat the initial task. It asks the sending server for its own short lived public RSA key which the receiving server then uses to re-encrypt Address B. The receiving server then creates a random amount of randomly valued transactions NOT on the Nav Coin block chain but on the Nav Subchain (which is an entirely separate block chain).

I'm not sure i can explain this very simply. It is best explained by the diagram.

In a regular Nav transcaction, NAV go directly from NAV(send) to NAV(dest). With our system NAV(send) encrypts NAV(dest) and makes a transaction to NAV(in). NAV(in) listens for incoming transactions, decrypts NAV(dest), asks NAV(out) for its encryption key, rencrypts NAV(dest) with the NAV(out) public key and creates random transactions using SUB(out) which have the reencrypted NAV(dest) attached and add up to the correct amount. These transactions are sent to SUB(in) which decrypts NAV(dest) and instructs NAV(out) to send the correct amount of NAV to NAV(dest).

I will try to draw a better flow diagram when I have the time. I think I am even going to re-do the white paper for both anon send and decentralisation in the near future.

These coins are taken from an existing pool of Nav Coin which are stored on the server and are not the original coins sent from Address A.

We pre-load each receiving server with 100,000 NAV and 100,000 SUB, so when the instruction comes (via the subchain) to send 100 NAV to NAV(dest), the transaction is made using the coins from this pool. The coins which NAV(send) originally sends will eventually join this pool of NAV on NAV(out) to replace the ones which were sent and will be used for future transactions as needed.

If someone were to literally burn our anonymous servers to the ground, as long as there is still a copy of the Nav Coin and Nav Subchain block chains out there somewhere, we can restore their wallet.dat(s) to new servers and they will resume exactly where they left off at the oldest unspent transaction in their wallet.

The receiving and sending servers both work directly by reading unspent transactions on the block chain, there's no database or other datastore necessary to keep track of which transactions they have processed. Once a transaction is processed, it is literally "spent" on the block chain and the wallet knows it has completed processing that transaction.

So since it runs purely off the block chains it is completely restorable. Just like how I could set your laptop on fire and as long as you have a backup of your wallet.dat file and there is at least 1 copy of the Nav Coin block chain out there somehwere, you are able to recover your Nav Coins on a new machine. If we lost a particular server, as long as we have the wallet.dat of the server backed up, we can restore the server and it won't even lose any transactions that were sent to it. It will just look at the block chain, find the latest unspent transaction and begin processing again.

phew, some big concepts in there. Don't be worried if you dont get it all immediately. Im sure it will sink in over time and we are working towards demystifying the technology as soon as possible.

I hope this helps though!

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

Pages: « 1 ... 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 [941] 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 ... 1241 »
  Print  

Jump to: