Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:43:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 [942] 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 ... 1241 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★[ANN] [NAV] NAV COIN - Community Fund Live!!!  (Read 2085700 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
hashforce101
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 09:41:24 AM

Time to Buy uP!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
axxo

Activity: 916
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 10:06:53 AM

Time to Buy uP!

Development progress going smoothly, surely I will buy some more.

▄░░▄█▄░░▄
▄▄█░░▄█▀█▄░░█▄▄
▄▄▄█▀▀░░░█▀░░░▀█░░░▀▀█▄▄▄
██▀░░░░░▄█▀░░░░▀█▄░░░░░▀██
██░░░░░▄█░░▄███▄░░█▄░░░░░██
██░░░░██░░▄█▀░▀█▄░░██░░░░██
██░░▄█▀░▄█▀░▄█▄░▀█▄░▀█▄░░██
██░██░░▄█▀░▄███▄░▀█▄░░██░██
███▀░░▄█░░▄█████▄░░█▄░░▀███
██▀░▄█▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█▄░▀██
▀█▀░░▄█████████▄░░▀█▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀█▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▀██
██▌░██
▐██░░██
██▌░░██
███████
▀▀░░░▀▀

░▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀██
██░░░▀▀
████
██
██
▀▀

░▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀██
██░░░▀▀
████
██
██
▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀██▀▀
██
██
██
▄▄██▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀██
██
██
██
██
▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀██
██░░░██
▀██████
██▀██
██▀░██
▀▀▀░░▀▀

▄▄░░░▄▄
██░░░██
██░░░██
██░░░██
██░░░██
██▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄░░░▄▄
███░███
███████
██▀█▀██
██░░░██
██░░░██
▀▀░░░▀▀

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄███████████████████████████▄
██████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀███████
██████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄██████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐███████
███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
██████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄███████████

████████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████

▀███████████████████████████▀
▄███████████████████████████▄
███████████████████▀▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀░░▄░░▐███████
███████▀▀▀░░░░▄▄▀▀░░░████████
█████▄▄▄░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░░▐████████
█████████▌▐▀░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████▄░▄█▄▄░░░▐█████████

██████████████████▄██████████

▀███████████████████████████▀
Concorde

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 01:08:32 PM

After long progress things are coming together! Works nicely and great explanation Smiley
DarkLurker

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 02:12:48 PM

Is this open source?
roast

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 02:26:29 PM

Greetings folks. I am attempting to install the linux wallet. After qmake, I get this message.

Project MESSAGE: Building with DBUS (Freedesktop notifications) support
Project MESSAGE: Building with UPNP support
Removed plural forms as the target language has less forms.
If this sounds wrong, possibly the target language is not set or recognized.

Distro : Ubuntustudio. (same message using mint)

Cheers.

shahim
Legendary

Activity: 1082
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 05:30:42 PM

Greetings folks. I am attempting to install the linux wallet. After qmake, I get this message.

Cheers.

Hi,

Please go through these points.

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/28399/why-i-obtain-this-error-trying-to-compile-this-wallet

Have you done "make"?  How is compilation going? And check if all packages are installed properly

Regards
Shahim
pakage

Activity: 794
Merit: 510

NavCoin Founder

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2016, 06:32:47 PM

Is this open source?

Currently the anon system is closed source but we will open it when we decentralise Smiley

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

NAV COIN ANONYMOUS SUBCHAIN TRANSACTIONS ▪ NAVCOIN.ORG BITCOINTALK.ORG
shahim
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 06:59:00 PM

Is this open source?

Currently the anon system is closed source but we will open it when we decentralise Smiley

But this is only ment for the anonymous navtec. The coin itself, electrum etc of course are open source!
Kewde

Activity: 111
Merit: 15

Eat, sleep, code, repeat.

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2016, 07:58:52 PM

Hi NavCoin devs,

I'm a member of The Shadow Project, we're a group of developers and activists that fight for online privacy.
We're also the people behind the ShadowCash project, one which we develop with a lot of spirit and love.

We took notice that you're using quite a bit of our codebase - we think that's great by the way, as developers it strokes our ego a bit  Cheesy
On the other hand we do believe credits are to be given where they are due.

We were wondering if you could give us a fair mention in the main thread for the tremendous effort we've put into programming it.
Major parts of your platform are 100% based of what we made stealth addresses and our secure messaging, all by all good for roughly 4,600 lines of code.
Our community is heavily guarded by morals, none of them are pleased with relentless "copy-pasting" our efforts and at best will not touch your coin, at worst they'll argue to death and the odds are not in your favor with this one.

Recently some members of your community have been throwing mud at ShadowCash for not 'having enough developers, navcoin has 7'.
I don't have to explain why that pissed some people off, I hope we can come to consensus.

PS: Good job on running those Tor relay nodes, glad to see supporters of Tor  Cheesy

Particl Project - https://www.particl.io/
pakage

NavCoin Founder

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2016, 10:18:59 PM

Hi NavCoin devs,

I'm a member of The Shadow Project, we're a group of developers and activists that fight for online privacy.
We're also the people behind the ShadowCash project, one which we develop with a lot of spirit and love.

We took notice that you're using quite a bit of our codebase - we think that's great by the way, as developers it strokes our ego a bit  Cheesy

We were wondering if you could give us a fair mention in the main thread for the tremendous effort we've put into programming it.
Major parts of your platform are 100% based of what we made stealth addresses and our secure messaging, all by all good for roughly 4,600 lines of code.
Our community is heavily guarded by morals, none of them are pleased with relentless "copy-pasting" our efforts and at best will not touch your coin, at worst they'll argue to death and the odds are not in your favor with this one.

Recently some members of your community have been throwing mud at ShadowCash for not 'having enough developers, navcoin has 7'.
I don't have to explain why that pissed some people off, I hope we can come to consensus.

PS: Good job on running those Tor relay nodes, glad to see supporters of Tor  Cheesy

Hey Kwede,

I am sad to hear some NavCoin community members have been throwing mud at your project. That is not the spirit in which we operate here! We are always pleased to see other devs doing great work anywhere in the block chain landscape and especially in the financial privacy area. ShadowCash is a great project and you guys have built a lot of great features which help protect peoples financial privacy which is something we firmly believe to be a basic human right like the freedom of speech. We have a lot of respect for your team and what you do!

In regards to the use of some of ShadowCash's features, we are happy to pay credit where credit is due. There are actually a lot of redundant features in the code base which are never used by the UI. For example, we dont actually implement stealth addresses or the masternode system but the code is still dormant in the base because it was included in our original fork.

In an upcoming release, we will review which parts of the code we are actually using and remove the code which is unnecessary followed by detailed accreditation of the parts which are pulled in from other code bases. I don't believe we forked ShadowCash directly for the foundation of the wallet code, but perhaps the wallet we forked did.

As with all open source projects, and especially in the bitcoin space, this is common practice. However, we want you to know that we aren't intentionally using any of your proprietary features without due accreditation and we don't use your system for our main anonymous features.

The Anonymous system we implement is entirely unique to NavCoin and is not based on the ShadowCash tech. We have built that ourselves from the ground up.

Thanks for the heads up, and we hope our communities can build each other up in the future instead of slinging mud!

Best Regards,
Craig

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

roast

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 11:12:23 PM

Cheers.

Hi,

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/28399/why-i-obtain-this-error-trying-to-compile-this-wallet

Have you done "make"?  How is compilation going? And check if all packages are installed properly

Regards
Shahim

Thanks Shahim.
After running make, these few lines at the end. (ubuntustudio 32bit on a 64bit machine)

/usr/bin/ld: build/txdb-leveldb.o: file class ELFCLASS64 incompatible with ELFCLASS32
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: File in wrong format
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:741: recipe for target 'navcoin-qt' failed
make: *** [navcoin-qt] Error 1

Cheers.
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2016, 12:01:11 AM

just a question when the anon stuff is released and open sourced. Can anyone create a anon server? So anon servers are decentralized not just run by the Navcoin team? I'm preety sure this is correct but want to make sure.

Also if I an running a anon sever will it collect the fees on it's transactions? and how does the network decide which sever gets a transaction?

Thanks

Been following since Summercoin days

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
pakage

NavCoin Founder

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2016, 01:02:34 AM

just a question when the anon stuff is released and open sourced. Can anyone create a anon server? So anon servers are decentralized not just run by the Navcoin team? I'm preety sure this is correct but want to make sure.

Also if I an running a anon sever will it collect the fees on it's transactions? and how does the network decide which sever gets a transaction?

Thanks

Yeah this is correct. Anyone who wants to participate can.

There will be some technical skills necessary because the system will need to run the navcoind and subchaind daemons which are compiled on Linux. It should be accessible to anyone with some basic Linux experience and we will fully document all the setup steps.

The other consideration is that we will need to distribute the subchain coins as they are the fuel for the anonymous transactions. However they are essentially redeemable for Nav at 1:1 and we need to protect the system from abuse. The solution Dash implemented in this regard is to get their anon participants to put forward a deposit which is refundable when they stop participating. We are currently looking at various solutions to this problem and will release full details closer to launch.

Yes, whoever sets up a server will earn the percentage from the anon transactions which that server processes.

The current idea is that similar to how you configure the TOR nodes in your navcoin.conf file, you will be able to add also the anon server addresses you wish to use. This gives the users the ultimate control and responsibility for which servers they trust and use.

We will offer the official navcoin ones which anyone can use but if your mate sets up a server you want to use instead you can use that by simply updating your configuration file.

We are implementing as many security checks to the system as possible, attempting to mitigate any possible attacks but in the end of the day trust will need to be built between users and whichever servers they decide to add because it is impossible to patch every single attack vector in a decentralised system like this.

As mentioned, I will be putting out updated whitepapers on  both the anon system and decentralization which will fully explain our implementations in the near future.

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

penniless1

Activity: 51

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 02:09:01 AM

Pakage and Kwede, your exchange was the nicest I've seen in open-source in a while.  Ty!  Now I need to explore Shadowcash. Cheesy
soopy452000
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2016, 02:58:17 AM

Hi NavCoin devs,

Hi Kewde,

Thank you very much for writing to us and I would like to congratulate on your achievements , Indeed we as a community and developers working on a common consensus working towards a common goal , that is privacy for everyone and more all contributing to the advancement of the Cryptocurrency usage and the blockchain technology and most of all contributing to the Crypto-Platform and advancement of the same is considered immensely valuable for all of us to move forward as a community.
Due credits are given where due and as much as you are guarded by morals so are we and while we respect rights and innovation , the entire bitcoin blockchain is open-source and released under the (https://opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php) thus it is in the public domain , so is all that we are all working for and anyone being free to use it work on top and develop further on top , there's no this is mine and this is yours when it comes to MIT. So once your code base is on the public domain it can be implemented to the core code base of many other coins , just like your core base being bitcoin , which as we all have given due credit at all times , so have you and so have we.
Due credit can be found in those aspect of the code used. Anyhow let me clear our any doubts that you may have about the usage and technology , even though stealth addresses are a  part of the core base , it is more working as a nullified code , where a function is not derived to the main operations of the wallet or our unique technology , it doesn't work in anyway or is actively enabled , you would know this if you went through the code yourself sufficiently.
Its just a piece of code that sits behind the in the background that is not part of our working model of our anonymity protocols , thereby voiding it. Furthermore I can assure and it has proven over and over again that NavCoin Anonymity is one of its kind and as per our previous code base works on its own and independently regardless of the core base , its a module of its own.

As a developer I believe that working together as a single organism or as a single community regardless of what coin we are working on , sustains the survival of the entire cryptocurrency world. So I have always encouraged and ignited innovation , knowledge sharing , assist communities when things are not going the greatest and most of all work on a common goal. Which is Anonymity.

As a fellow developer I'd like to extend my support and assistance that I can in anyway and when needed for the benefit of the entire cryptocoin community at all times.

Warm Regards,
~SoopY~
Core Developer
NavCoin

Working/Online Times
04:00:00 GMT - 12:00:00 GMT / 00:00:00 EDT - 08:00:00 EDT

Coin Developments & Contributions 1. SherlockCoin (SHC) (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=454981) 2. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Life to Growthcoin (GRW) , Community Backed Development! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469464) 3. [ANN][66][New Maintainer] ★Coin 66★ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493987) 4. [RE-ANN] Galaxycoin Revival!-FORK AT BLOCK 255145, KGW, RANDOM BLOCK REWARDS (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495693) 5. [RESURRECTION] Taking Astrocoin to the Moon,KGW Implemented + HARD FORK AT 17520 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=516549 6. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Electric back to the grid, Community Backed Development! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514790
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 03:24:58 AM

Thanks

There will be some technical skills necessary because the system will need to run the navcoind and subchaind daemons which are compiled on Linux. It should be accessible to anyone with some basic Linux experience and we will fully document all the setup steps.

The other consideration is that we will need to distribute the subchain coins as they are the fuel for the anonymous transactions. However they are essentially redeemable for Nav at 1:1 and we need to protect the system from abuse. The solution Dash implemented in this regard is to get their anon participants to put forward a deposit which is refundable when they stop participating. We are currently looking at various solutions to this problem and will release full details closer to launch.

Yes, whoever sets up a server will earn the percentage from the anon transactions which that server processes.

The current idea is that similar to how you configure the TOR nodes in your navcoin.conf file, you will be able to add also the anon server addresses you wish to use. This gives the users the ultimate control and responsibility for which servers they trust and use.

We will offer the official navcoin ones which anyone can use but if your mate sets up a server you want to use instead you can use that by simply updating your configuration file.

We are implementing as many security checks to the system as possible, attempting to mitigate any possible attacks but in the end of the day trust will need to be built between users and whichever servers they decide to add because it is impossible to patch every single attack vector in a decentralised system like this.

As mentioned, I will be putting out updated whitepapers on  both the anon system and decentralization which will fully explain our implementations in the near future.

hm interesting. So some kind of reward for your node if you enable it to be utilize for ANNon. i like it. Hope the reward is small and the entry price to become such node is also not too big. Please share more about this. or get that update on the white paper. interesting to see what it will be. Would the rasberipy wallet be used for this? Seems like its ideal use case.

From your recent talks. its seem like Annon feature seem might be ready for public much sooner.

ps: OS wallet?
Diplo

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 04:30:53 AM

Pakage and Kwede, your exchange was the nicest I've seen in open-source in a while.  Ty!  Now I need to explore Shadowcash. Cheesy

I agree, this gives me that much more respect for both SDC and NAV.  It's not often you can have two groups of devs discuss kindly and respectfully in this space.  There are a couple other anon coin projects, which will remain nameless, that don't seem to share this same practice and maturity.  Let's hope that changes going into the future.  Smiley
shahim
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 04:50:45 AM

Cheers.

Hi,

Regards
Shahim

Thanks Shahim.
After running make, these few lines at the end. (ubuntustudio 32bit on a 64bit machine)

/usr/bin/ld: build/txdb-leveldb.o: file class ELFCLASS64 incompatible with ELFCLASS32
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: File in wrong format
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:741: recipe for target 'navcoin-qt' failed
make: *** [navcoin-qt] Error 1

Cheers.

It seems your leveldb is somehow not working or in 64bit? There is the problem!

Can you go to src/obj and delete all files. Try to make clean and recompile. Where there missing libraries?

Regards
pakage

NavCoin Founder

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2016, 05:05:31 AM

Thanks

hm interesting. So some kind of reward for your node if you enable it to be utilize for ANNon. i like it. Hope the reward is small and the entry price to become such node is also not too big. Please share more about this. or get that update on the white paper. interesting to see what it will be. Would the rasberipy wallet be used for this? Seems like its ideal use case.

From your recent talks. its seem like Annon feature seem might be ready for public much sooner.

ps: OS wallet?

We're still figuring out the best approach and will happily publish all the details once we've figured out what they are. We aim to have a low barrier to entry, but we also need to maintain the integrity of subchain and make sure its not worthwhile for people who posess subchain coins to attempt to use them maliciously to extract nav coins from other anon servers. You can hopefully appreciate the quagmire caused by handing out the subchain coin which we use to direct real nav coin transactions.

In terms of running it on Raspberry Pi I don't know if that will be possible. From my experience, raspberry pi's struggle to run one bitcoin daemon, let alone two at the same time. We will put together some minimum spec suggestions when we bundle it for release. Shahim can probably speak to the current server specs which we run our servers on.

Yes, I believe this approach is going to give us decentralisation much sooner than previously expected and also provide a more secure environment by allowing users to choose which anon servers they use.

More details to come Smiley

OSX wallet is on the list, soopy is looking into fixing the make file for it this week!

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

hennessj

Activity: 373
Merit: 10

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 05:37:26 AM

I agree, this gives me that much more respect for both SDC and NAV.  It's not often you can have two groups of devs discuss kindly and respectfully in this space.  There are a couple other anon coin projects, which will remain nameless, that don't seem to share this same practice and maturity.  Let's hope that changes going into the future.  Smiley

Yes.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Pages: « 1 ... 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 [942] 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 ... 1241 »
  Print  

Jump to: