Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:01:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 [943] 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 ... 1241 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★[ANN] [NAV] NAV COIN - Community Fund Live!!!  (Read 2085711 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bobbycrypto

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 09:39:44 AM

I have a mac and want to spread my navajo, What are my options? because i cannot find a nav mac wallet

Best regards,

Bobby

juguelio

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 09:47:13 AM

I have a mac and want to spread my navajo, What are my options? because i cannot find a nav mac wallet

Best regards,

Bobby

Did someone say they got the NAV wallet working on a mac with wine?

I have tried but i just can't get it to work.

Any idiot proof instructions?

GO NAV!

I downloaded an emulator of Windows (I think it's XP) called Wine.
The main folders of Wine are installed under: Users/(your user name)/ Wine Files

What I did is download windows wallet and blockchain and then move the NavCoin Wallet into:

Users/(your user name)/ Wine Files/ drive_c/users (your user name)/ Desktop.

After doing this is time to get into the Wine app
Double click in the app and you will see a little icon of a wine glass on the top right of your OSX screen (where the wifi symbol, time, bluetooth icons are)
Click in the Wine glass and go to File Manager...
That will open the windows explorer. Locate the drive C:/ and go to the Desktop on where you placed the Navajo folder.

From there just double click in the navcoin-qt.exe
It will crash the wallet but create the navcoin folder under:

Users/(your user name)/ Wine Files/ drive_c/users (your user name)/ Application Data

Go back into your OSX finder and locate this folder...
In this Navcoin folder is where you want to place the wallet.dat file and the whole blockchain

Remember!!! always back up your wallet.dat file!!!! ALWAYS!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9f45n0ryqms33z/Screen%20Shot%202014-11-09%20at%2016.28.52.png?dl=0

I wrote that a while ago, but the process is the same...You can download the 1 click installer...And the blockchain as well...

Good luck!

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

NAV COIN ANONYMOUS SUBCHAIN TRANSACTIONS ▪ NAVCOIN.ORG BITCOINTALK.ORG
hashforce101
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 10:32:55 AM

NavCoin  - The Unbeakable Code

~HaShForce101~

Hilltop Hoods The Hard Road restrung 01 HQ
Nothing But Thieves - Trip Switch (Official Video)
Beck - Dreams (Official Audio)

Bobbycrypto

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 11:36:33 AM

Best regards,

Bobby

GO NAV!

The main folders of Wine are installed under: Users/(your user name)/ Wine Files

What I did is download windows wallet and blockchain and then move the NavCoin Wallet into:

Double click in the app and you will see a little icon of a wine glass on the top right of your OSX screen (where the wifi symbol, time, bluetooth icons are)
That will open the windows explorer. Locate the drive C:/ and go to the Desktop on where you placed the Navajo folder.

Users/(your user name)/ Wine Files/ drive_c/users (your user name)/ Application Data

In this Navcoin folder is where you want to place the wallet.dat file and the whole blockchain

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9f45n0ryqms33z/Screen%20Shot%202014-11-09%20at%2016.28.52.png?dl=0

I wrote that a while ago, but the process is the same...You can download the 1 click installer...And the blockchain as well...

Good luck!

Thanks for the info although i think i'd rather wait for an official Mac Wallet Smiley
soopy452000
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2016, 01:53:01 PM

Best regards,

Bobby

GO NAV!

Good luck!

Thanks for the info although i think i'd rather wait for an official Mac Wallet Smiley

Mac wallet should be available within the week.

Please bear with us.

Warm Regards,
~SoopY~

Working/Online Times
04:00:00 GMT - 12:00:00 GMT / 00:00:00 EDT - 08:00:00 EDT

Coin Developments & Contributions 1. SherlockCoin (SHC) (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=454981) 2. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Life to Growthcoin (GRW) , Community Backed Development! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469464) 3. [ANN][66][New Maintainer] ★Coin 66★ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493987) 4. [RE-ANN] Galaxycoin Revival!-FORK AT BLOCK 255145, KGW, RANDOM BLOCK REWARDS (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495693) 5. [RESURRECTION] Taking Astrocoin to the Moon,KGW Implemented + HARD FORK AT 17520 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=516549 6. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Electric back to the grid, Community Backed Development! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514790
roast

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 03:44:09 PM

Greetings folks. I am attempting to install the linux wallet. After qmake, I get this message.

Project MESSAGE: Building with DBUS (Freedesktop notifications) support
Project MESSAGE: Building with UPNP support
Removed plural forms as the target language has less forms.
If this sounds wrong, possibly the target language is not set or recognized.

Distro : Ubuntustudio. (same message using mint)

Cheers.

Hi,

Please go through these points.

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/28399/why-i-obtain-this-error-trying-to-compile-this-wallet

Have you done "make"?  How is compilation going? And check if all packages are installed properly

Regards
Shahim

Thanks Shahim.
After running make, these few lines at the end. (ubuntustudio 32bit on a 64bit machine)

/usr/bin/ld: build/txdb-leveldb.o: file class ELFCLASS64 incompatible with ELFCLASS32
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: File in wrong format
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:741: recipe for target 'navcoin-qt' failed
make: *** [navcoin-qt] Error 1

Cheers.

It seems your leveldb is somehow not working or in 64bit? There is the problem!

Can you go to src/obj and delete all files. Try to make clean and recompile. Where there missing libraries?

Regards

Thanks Shahim. The  32 bit distro on 64 bit machine has been shelved for now. I have managed to get the wallet to execute using 64 bit Mint. (Sync is 19 weeks behind). Seems to sit on 0 active connections to network.
Cheers.
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2016, 03:57:49 PM

Thanks lots of good info. I would have no problem with a NAV deposit in escrow to run an anon node. but it would be nice not to loose the stake on it if it's a multi thousand deposit for a year or so. on the other hand fees may be worth more.

I have some old PCs or a netbook I can use besides a PI for staking.

just a question when the anon stuff is released and open sourced. Can anyone create a anon server? So anon servers are decentralized not just run by the Navcoin team? I'm preety sure this is correct but want to make sure.

Also if I an running a anon sever will it collect the fees on it's transactions? and how does the network decide which sever gets a transaction?

Thanks

Been following since Summercoin days

Yeah this is correct. Anyone who wants to participate can.

There will be some technical skills necessary because the system will need to run the navcoind and subchaind daemons which are compiled on Linux. It should be accessible to anyone with some basic Linux experience and we will fully document all the setup steps.

The other consideration is that we will need to distribute the subchain coins as they are the fuel for the anonymous transactions. However they are essentially redeemable for Nav at 1:1 and we need to protect the system from abuse. The solution Dash implemented in this regard is to get their anon participants to put forward a deposit which is refundable when they stop participating. We are currently looking at various solutions to this problem and will release full details closer to launch.

Yes, whoever sets up a server will earn the percentage from the anon transactions which that server processes.

The current idea is that similar to how you configure the TOR nodes in your navcoin.conf file, you will be able to add also the anon server addresses you wish to use. This gives the users the ultimate control and responsibility for which servers they trust and use.

We will offer the official navcoin ones which anyone can use but if your mate sets up a server you want to use instead you can use that by simply updating your configuration file.

We are implementing as many security checks to the system as possible, attempting to mitigate any possible attacks but in the end of the day trust will need to be built between users and whichever servers they decide to add because it is impossible to patch every single attack vector in a decentralised system like this.

As mentioned, I will be putting out updated whitepapers on  both the anon system and decentralization which will fully explain our implementations in the near future.

hm interesting. So some kind of reward for your node if you enable it to be utilize for ANNon. i like it. Hope the reward is small and the entry price to become such node is also not too big. Please share more about this. or get that update on the white paper. interesting to see what it will be. Would the rasberipy wallet be used for this? Seems like its ideal use case.

From your recent talks. its seem like Annon feature seem might be ready for public much sooner.

ps: OS wallet?

We're still figuring out the best approach and will happily publish all the details once we've figured out what they are. We aim to have a low barrier to entry, but we also need to maintain the integrity of subchain and make sure its not worthwhile for people who posess subchain coins to attempt to use them maliciously to extract nav coins from other anon servers. You can hopefully appreciate the quagmire caused by handing out the subchain coin which we use to direct real nav coin transactions.

In terms of running it on Raspberry Pi I don't know if that will be possible. From my experience, raspberry pi's struggle to run one bitcoin daemon, let alone two at the same time. We will put together some minimum spec suggestions when we bundle it for release. Shahim can probably speak to the current server specs which we run our servers on.

Yes, I believe this approach is going to give us decentralisation much sooner than previously expected and also provide a more secure environment by allowing users to choose which anon servers they use.

More details to come Smiley

OSX wallet is on the list, soopy is looking into fixing the make file for it this week!

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
roast

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 04:26:13 PM

Greetings folks.
1  Is there a "How to" on adding nodes to the wallet running linux?
2 Where does the downloaded blockchain file reside in linux?
Cheers.
Kewde

Activity: 111
Merit: 15

Eat, sleep, code, repeat.

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2016, 06:51:06 PM

Hi,

All our software is licensed under the MIT license for that exact reason, you can do with it what ever you want. Cheesy
We were just a bit annoyed by the mud throwers, then looking through the source code and finding our code was a bit of a stab to the heart. I didn't really go through the rest anymore - crypto coinbases are huge.
The response of you team has been very kind, we wish you the best on your endeavor.
Make sure to send us a message when the white paper is released, we'll take a look at it and give critique and compliments, I hope to give more of the latter  Cool

Particl Project - https://www.particl.io/
shahim
Legendary

Activity: 1082
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 07:25:08 PM

Greetings folks.
Cheers.

Hi,

Normal the data working directory is inside the home directory of the user you have started the wallet. So in standard it should be ~/.navcoin2/ . 

Inside that directory you have to put the navcoin.conf file. Inside that file you can add lines like

addnode=

You can find addnodes at our blockexplorer under chainz.cryptoid.info/nav/ inside the network section there is a button called nodelist.  copy paste that into the navcoin.conf.  I Don have all the other content right now. You also should specify username amd so on.

Inside that directory you also unzip the blockchain data!

I hope that helped you!

Regards
Shahim
cointrader83

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 07:30:11 PM

Greetings folks.
Cheers.

I am interested with the linux tutorial too, somebody can help?
hashforce101
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 09:25:09 PM

Best regards,

Bobby

GO NAV!

Good luck!

Mac wallet should be available within the week.

Please bear with us.

Warm Regards,
~SoopY~

Great News  Soopy. Things are really ramping up fast. You guys are really focused and a team of  7 is really showing with flying colors. Keep up the excellent work.
roast

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 11:44:47 PM

Greetings folks.
Cheers.

Hi,

Normal the data working directory is inside the home directory of the user you have started the wallet. So in standard it should be ~/.navcoin2/ . 

Inside that directory you have to put the navcoin.conf file. Inside that file you can add lines like

addnode=

You can find addnodes at our blockexplorer under chainz.cryptoid.info/nav/ inside the network section there is a button called nodelist.  copy paste that into the navcoin.conf.  I Don have all the other content right now. You also should specify username amd so on.

Inside that directory you also unzip the blockchain data!

I hope that helped you!

Regards
Shahim

Thanks Shahim.
Blockchain is now 3 weeks behind  with multiple active connections to navcoin network.
There was no existing file called navcoin.conf in ~/.navcoin2, so I have created one. Is this correct?
I also need you to clarify "username and so as" because my newly created navcoin.conf only contains the nodelist.
Cheers
roast

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 01:31:23 AM

Greetings folks.
Where does the wallet reside in linux?
Cheers
pakage

Activity: 794
Merit: 510

NavCoin Founder

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 01:40:36 AM

Greetings folks.
Where does the wallet reside in linux?
Cheers

inside ~/.navcoin2/

you will find wallet.dat

this is your wallet file Smiley

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

pakage

NavCoin Founder

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 01:50:41 AM

Hi,

All our software is licensed under the MIT license for that exact reason, you can do with it what ever you want. Cheesy
We were just a bit annoyed by the mud throwers, then looking through the source code and finding our code was a bit of a stab to the heart. I didn't really go through the rest anymore - crypto coinbases are huge.
The response of you team has been very kind, we wish you the best on your endeavor.
Make sure to send us a message when the white paper is released, we'll take a look at it and give critique and compliments, I hope to give more of the latter  Cool

Hey again Smiley

I can understand how you feel, we are also disappointed this has happened. I hope the Nav Community members have read our posts here and realised what they did was not cool and completely unnecessary. We are all on the same team in my opinion and we should all support each other in our efforts to disrupt the corrupt banking establishments however we can.

I'll send you a message when we push out our next release with the redundant code removed and the acknowledgements written up. If we've missed anything at that point, please just let us know. We do try our best to preserve accreditation but its easy for it to get lost when so much is shared around.

I'd also be glad to get some feedback on our anonymous system and decentralisation there of. I aim to put out updated whitepapers in the next couple of weeks! Thanks for the offer!

All the best,
Craig.

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

pakage

NavCoin Founder

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 03:42:51 AM

Nav Coin featured on Lumbridgecity Altcoin Report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn4HFGbVufY

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

roast

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 03:52:19 AM

Greetings folks.
The navcoin blockchain data download appears to be 3 weeks old.
1 Can someone point me in the direction of a more current blockchain?
2 How long roughly does it take to sync the missing 3 weeks?
Cheers.
pakage

NavCoin Founder

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 03:57:31 AM

Greetings folks.
The navcoin blockchain data download appears to be 3 weeks old.
1 Can someone point me in the direction of a more current blockchain?
2 How long roughly does it take to sync the missing 3 weeks?
Cheers.

It can take some time, remember we have 30 second blocks, so 3 weeks = 60480 blocks; the equivalent of more than 1 years worth of BTC blocks.

We will get a more recent block chain up on the website for you as soon as possible.

I suggest having a navcoin.conf file with the following settings to speed up the syncing:

Code:
port=44440
listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
txindex=1
staking=1
maxconnections=12
maxorphanblocks=10000
addnode=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
addnode=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Where the addnode=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx entries are all the nodes found here:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/nav/#!network

click on the [ nodes ] button next to /NavCoin:3.6.0/

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 06:24:37 AM

Apple don't want iOS apps with anon cryptos:
https://twitter.com/cryptkeeperbtt/status/771231310526369792

Sad  Sad  Sad

The NAV coin team should clarify if this is relevant for their mobile app development.

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
Pages: « 1 ... 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 [943] 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 ... 1241 »
  Print  

Jump to: