Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:48:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328438 times)
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 10:31:59 PM

I've noticed a pattern with the price which i've been monitoring for a few days.  I will post more details later when I can hopefully conclude the additional info.
some silly bot floods the orderbook with 1 BTCD sells so people cant see what is really on the books.
since bittrex sums the first 50 orderbook entries, this artificially lowers the amount that is used in their red/green graphic
In other words, it seems someone is trying to make things look better than they are

Please stop this. BTCD does not need pumping. BTCD does not need crazy bots doing orderbook tricks

If people want to sell now, let them sell. Yes price has gone up a lot, but remember it used to have a total market cap of 100 BTC, so really it couldnt help but go up. I told everyone that $1 million market cap was pretty much certain. I was right.

Some people say a coin is worth $1 million per developer. So on that basis, we are currently undervalued. I would like to think that I count for one developer and then there are the other BTCD devs.

Anyway, the way to increase BTCD value is to create new features, like anon card and of course all the tech. Until we get some actual new functions, I think BTCD price should stay around the .002 level. Going up in value too fast is not sustainable. Also, I need a bit more than 72 hours to get stuff done!

Now similar to my prediction that BTCD will be worth $1 million (when it was worth $100,000) I predict that BTCD will become a top 10 coin on coinmarketcap. However, this wont happen until most people are believing in the promised features being delivered. BTCD is kind of in the position NXT was last November. It was actually running, but not really any features until aliases came out. But there were a lot of promised features. As each feature came out, the price went up in a big step, but actually the price can go up when a feature is believed to be just a matter of time, eg. if its on testnet and looking good. So, I am not promising anything crazy like 1000x gain that NXT got the early investors. I cant even promise another 10x as I do make mistakes in my predictions on occasion.

However, getting to $10 million marketcap is not really such a crazy prediction considering all the tech that I will deliver. That is one thing I can promise, I will deliver the tech. It will have some bugs at first, but that is why we test! I am good at coding and fixing bugs, so as long as there will be testers to test the software that I WILL deliver, then BTCD will get the promised features and achieve the ~$10 million marketcap.

This process will take MONTHS. Not weeks, not days, and certainly not hours. If you have a time horizon less than months, then BTCD is not for you, please sell now and go buy something else. for those willing to HODL for some months, here is a tentative roadmap (subject to constant change):

0. BTCD supported by MGW
1. InstantDEX so we can trade via decentralized encrypted network
2. With InstantDEX and enough orderbook depth: BTCD -> BTC bridge, this is relatively easy to do and I believe gives a lot of value as BTCD is effectively accepted by all merchants that accept BTC.
3. BTC -> visa/mastercard and if we can fund it, the anoncard
4. Privatebet (though timing of this really depends on GUI guys, they have started work already)
?. Not sure of timing, but of course "privateSend" of BTCD

All of the above is built on the privacyServers, which can be some, most or all of the BTCD nodes, though you need to run a 64bit OS to run privacyServer.

James

P.S. I do feel that BTCD is getting some attention from competitors and maybe they are doing some volatility games to scare people away. If you start feeling some fears, just read my roadmap list, maybe that will help. HODL!

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PocketCrypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 10:40:20 PM

Hello BitcoinDark Community!

We've just released PocketCrypto, a new Cryptocurrency Management App that will allow you to easily manage your BitcoinDark investment.  Hope you guys will check out the app and Good Luck to All!

Pro Version (super awesome!) (no ads) (earlier updates)(no coin limit) (just because you love us Cheesy)
*Exclusive to Pro: *add unlimited coins, add Fiat Currency with price in btc, Precious Metals with price in btc, Notes Feature,and more coming soon!

Free Version (still awesome!)(10 coin limit)

Please check out our main post for additional info, Thanks!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=660696.0

Blockfolio  ~Bitcoin/Altcoin Portfolio App~ Charts & Price Alerts BCT thread
Download Now: Blockfolio App Twitter: @BlockfolioApp
paradigmflux

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

small fry

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 10:43:10 PM

We need more multipools for this coin pointed miners over but would be nice for some multipool to buy on the fly auto no manul payouts on shifts

That's BTCDPool.com

---
NXT Multipool! Mine Scrypt, SHA, Keccak or X11 for NXT! http://hashrate.org
http://hashrate.org/getting_started for port info!
Azeh (OP)

Activity: 441
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:46:46 PM

Updated OP.

added Jame's great post above as a Development Roadmap
Azeh (OP)

Activity: 441

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:00:19 PM

I am working on a non-tech project that relates to BTCD, but it is about a month out, so not sure if there is any point to post about it. However, it needs some funding and so I am hoping that we can crowd fund it.

This wont be like a donation (even though it is quite worthy cause!), I will issue a NXT asset and then people who own the asset would get a percentage of revenues.

I know it is impossible to decide on how much to fund without more details, but I would like to gauge the level of interest. This is a chance for BTCD holders to help by investing in an asset that will directly help BTCD and also provide dividends. It probably needs around 30,000 BTCD worth of funding, still working on exact budgets, etc.

So, if the concept is something you like and find promising, how many people will purchase asset to crowdfund this?

James

Funding is always important, i have an idea on how to fund all BTCD project hopefully everyone can talk it over and agree at some point, i think the best way to collect funds is setup BTCD development pot for everyone that would like to donate and also the multipools to add a fee on their pools that will be forwarded to the development fund when shifts are ending and they send payments

Agreed.  We need to set up community BTCD development fund.

I think a great idea would be to utilize the soon to be released multi-sig functions.  For example, bounty rewards would be sent to a single address, however it would require 3 signatures in order for the bounty reward to be released.

I think this would be an awesome way to promote our new features and at the same time help to strengthen trust and also to serve as a form of quality control over bounty projects, because not one single person would be involved in the decision to release the funds.

@James  How feasible would it be to have a BTCD development fund with multi-sig?
slavo

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:03:30 PM

The asset will get 1% of the fees, so this allows for funding of all the requirements to issue the card.

1% on 3% (2 for dev and 1 for asset holders) or 1% of total fees ?

that's really interesting i think you should do it Smiley
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 11:07:01 PM

I am working on a non-tech project that relates to BTCD, but it is about a month out, so not sure if there is any point to post about it. However, it needs some funding and so I am hoping that we can crowd fund it.

This wont be like a donation (even though it is quite worthy cause!), I will issue a NXT asset and then people who own the asset would get a percentage of revenues.

I know it is impossible to decide on how much to fund without more details, but I would like to gauge the level of interest. This is a chance for BTCD holders to help by investing in an asset that will directly help BTCD and also provide dividends. It probably needs around 30,000 BTCD worth of funding, still working on exact budgets, etc.

So, if the concept is something you like and find promising, how many people will purchase asset to crowdfund this?

James

Funding is always important, i have an idea on how to fund all BTCD project hopefully everyone can talk it over and agree at some point, i think the best way to collect funds is setup BTCD development pot for everyone that would like to donate and also the multipools to add a fee on their pools that will be forwarded to the development fund when shifts are ending and they send payments

Agreed.  We need to set up community BTCD development fund.

I think a great idea would be to utilize the soon to be released multi-sig functions.  For example, bounty rewards would be sent to a single address, however it would require 3 signatures in order for the bounty reward to be released.

I think this would be an awesome way to promote our new features and at the same time help to strengthen trust and also to serve as a form of quality control over bounty projects, because not one single person would be involved in the decision to release the funds.

@James  How feasible would it be to have a BTCD development fund with multi-sig?
Very feasible, but we do need to update the BitcoinDarkd first. I am not satisfied with the baseline multisig support so of course, we are making some improvements in that area. Hope to have it ready early next month

Keep in mind there are many pieces being developed in parallel, so my pNXTd framework is independent release schedule of the main BitcoinDarkd. Since mainnet is worth a lot of money, we need to be very careful and methodical with release procedures.

So certainly after a properly qualified release is made with enhanced multisig, then yes we can choose N trusted members to have signing authority and then it will only get paid if M of them sign. Thats why its called M of N multisig

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 11:08:59 PM

The asset will get 1% of the fees, so this allows for funding of all the requirements to issue the card.

1% on 3% (2 for dev and 1 for asset holders) or 1% of total fees ?

that's really interesting i think you should do it Smiley
Like any card, there are fees, also in this case there is the BTCD -> fiat conversion that is automatically happening, so the 3% is the target cost in fees. The 1% is what flows to the assetholders. So people that "donate" can be helping the community, while helping their bank balance at the same time

James

AminerMiner

Activity: 591

Why oh why Didnt i take the blue pill ?!?!

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:15:22 PM

noticed the auto buy sell from 1.0 BTCD on bittrex is not only BTCD!! its doing it with more coins.. kinda annoying Huh Angry

mellorbo

Activity: 620

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:40:54 PM

hey guys how long does it take in order for coins to mature in order to be able to stake them. i have my wallet un encrypted and have had deposits received yesterday but it says my coins have not reached maturity
AminerMiner

Activity: 591

Why oh why Didnt i take the blue pill ?!?!

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:45:05 PM

hey guys how long does it take in order for coins to mature in order to be able to stake them. i have my wallet un encrypted and have had deposits received yesterday but it says my coins have not reached maturity

next to the transaction in the transaction list theres a lil "clock" shows u how long it takes. stand with your mouse there and itll say how many more it needs to mature if im not mistaken

crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 11:45:08 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 03:29:01 AM by crackfoo

BitcoinDark by xpool - The Official BTCD Multipool

PROP reward system
BTCD Payouts
Scrypt & SHA256 & X11 Algo's
DDoS Protected
High Performance Backend
Simple setup and usage
1% Fee
To mine:

How does it work?

xpool offers 3 different sets of coins to mine. SHA256, Scrypt and X11. Each algorithm runs on a shift (see below). The confirmed coins are traded throughout the duration of the shift automatically to maximize the profits from exchanging them into BTCD. Once the shift ends, the shift is moved into "Confirming" status while all the coins are confirmed as successfully traded and exchanged, the BTCD payments are sent.

Current shifts run 24 hours, Monday - Friday and end at 7PM Eastern each day except Saturday & Sunday. The weekend shift ends on the Monday. Payments are then finialized and typically complete 2-3 hours after a shift ends.

The advantage of the pool is that you can utilize your any GPU, CPU and older ASIC equipment to earn you the more desired BitcoinDark.
Cheers and Happy Hashing!

Donations welcome or tip me, crackers, on IRC!

Any issues, please report them here or feel free to PM me, as I can't always see every post.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:52:23 PM

I had an idea, about the colors and known memes that could be used for BTCD - what do you think?
https://i.imgur.com/ntf9o6M.jpg
Conurtrol

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:01:23 AM

I had an idea, about the colors and known memes that could be used for BTCD - what do you think?

I like it. Very understated and professional.
thevampireskilledit

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:03:18 AM

Nice concept! I think it could be polished up a little bit, but it's a +1 from me.
Do we have anyone looking to do logo design for us?
Wish I could make something fresh but I'm not a great Graphic Artist.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 12:18:03 AM

I have a question for active traders.

I am implementing the InstantDEX order matching and it will be negotiated on a trade by trade basis "directly" between nodes. [of course by "directly", I mean via each nodes privacyServer so that way you can trade with anybody without worrying they are trying to locate you via your IP address]

What this means is that you will be getting offers to trade from others when they decide to make an offer. Now this would be annoying if it starts coming in like spam, but the making offer side will have logic to only submit offers that are likely to succeed, eg. you have posted a bid/ask that they like. Since the trades will be matched peer to peer, there is no way to guarantee that your quote is still valid, as two people can make an offer at the same time and one of them will get there first, so there is a chance that a valid quote on the orderbook wont be accepted when you make an offer.

This fundamental characteristic naturally leads to a query/response to the trading process and now I know you are thinking, if you have a query/response behavior anyway, might as well generalize it and automate it. Thats exactly what I thought!

What I am talking about here is allowing users to easily create a trading bot that follows simple rules. Nothing as complex as metatrader stuff, but much more than simple limit and stop orders. Ive traded forex for so many years with my custom trading system, I cant tell anymore what it complicated or simple. So I need some feedback as to what sort of complexity can be useful for traders. Eventually, the plan is to integrate in something like FIX so that big trading houses can plug directly into InstantDEX, but for now I think the more standard JSON API is the way to go, at least for InstantDEX tradebots. I want to have a way for non-programmers to setup a "tradebot"

Here goes my attempt:

Buy or Sell
Volume
Ave price
highest/lowest price

The above four things seem to me what is most important. You want to buy or sell a certain amount and as long as you get the average price, then the details as to each subtrade are not so important, though setting the highest price to buy or lowest price to sell seems to be required, if only to prevent the bot from going crazy and selling for silly prices.

I want to take the emotion out of the trading. If you can logically determine, I want to buy X amount @ price, click a button and if the market had allowed such to happen, then the trades get done and if not you will be guaranteed of at least the extreme price and if I code it right usually will end up around the average price. By taking the emotion out of it, it will usually be a better result.

Feedback appreciated. No sense in my implementing features nobody will use.

James

P.S. A privacy related thing, if you trust your privacyServer to properly clear the trades, then it will be possible to use the trading process itself to gain privacy. Like the guy on the telephone at the auction. Your privacyServer could be trading on your behalf, but of course this adds a great deal of trust you put into the privacyServer

paulthetafy

Activity: 820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:34:25 AM

I am implementing the InstantDEX order matching and it will be negotiated on a trade by trade basis "directly" between nodes. [of course by "directly", I mean via each nodes privacyServer so that way you can trade with anybody without worrying they are trying to locate you via your IP address]

What this means is that you will be getting offers to trade from others when they decide to make an offer. Now this would be annoying if it starts coming in like spam, but the making offer side will have logic to only submit offers that are likely to succeed, eg. you have posted a bid/ask that they like. Since the trades will be matched peer to peer, there is no way to guarantee that your quote is still valid, as two people can make an offer at the same time and one of them will get there first, so there is a chance that a valid quote on the orderbook wont be accepted when you make an offer.

This fundamental characteristic naturally leads to a query/response to the trading process and now I know you are thinking, if you have a query/response behavior anyway, might as well generalize it and automate it. Thats exactly what I thought!

What I am talking about here is allowing users to easily create a trading bot that follows simple rules. Nothing as complex as metatrader stuff, but much more than simple limit and stop orders. Ive traded forex for so many years with my custom trading system, I cant tell anymore what it complicated or simple. So I need some feedback as to what sort of complexity can be useful for traders. Eventually, the plan is to integrate in something like FIX so that big trading houses can plug directly into InstantDEX, but for now I think the more standard JSON API is the way to go, at least for InstantDEX tradebots. I want to have a way for non-programmers to setup a "tradebot"

Here goes my attempt:

Buy or Sell
Volume
Ave price
highest/lowest price

The above four things seem to me what is most important. You want to buy or sell a certain amount and as long as you get the average price, then the details as to each subtrade are not so important, though setting the highest price to buy or lowest price to sell seems to be required, if only to prevent the bot from going crazy and selling for silly prices.

I want to take the emotion out of the trading. If you can logically determine, I want to buy X amount @ price, click a button and if the market had allowed such to happen, then the trades get done and if not you will be guaranteed of at least the extreme price and if I code it right usually will end up around the average price. By taking the emotion out of it, it will usually be a better result.

James

P.S. A privacy related thing, if you trust your privacyServer to properly clear the trades, then it will be possible to use the trading process itself to gain privacy. Like the guy on the telephone at the auction. Your privacyServer could be trading on your behalf, but of course this adds a great deal of trust you put into the privacyServer

I love it.  I love this coin even more. 

I lost a huge amount of coins after accidentally deleting my wallet (see earlier posts), but that has not deterred me.  Like you James, I am now buying.  My target buy price was 180-200k but after waking up this morning (Sydney) to see the price at 150k I'm a happy man.  I had several 250-500 buys filled down to 150k and have just rounded out my buying for today with a few more at 160k.  If the price drops more 'll keep buying.  Weak hands can dump it down further if they want, there are plenty of us in the know that will catch them all the way down.  In 3-6 months, they will not be happy.  3-6 months, we will.

James keep drip-feeding the features.  I want to establish a privacyServer but am still having issues with Ubuntu 14.  I'll ditch that server and use another with 13.  Question on privacyServer... How are they identified in the app in order for users to "know" which one they are choosing, since the IP of the privacyServer is not known (I assume)?

mellorbo

Activity: 620

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:42:30 AM

next to the transaction in the transaction list theres a lil "clock" shows u how long it takes. stand with your mouse there and itll say how many more it needs to mature if im not mistaken

both of my transactions have confirmed one has 1347 confirms the other has 742 confirms
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 12:44:15 AM

Here goes my attempt:

Buy or Sell
Volume
Ave price
highest/lowest price

James

I love it.  I love this coin even more. 

I lost a huge amount of coins after accidentally deleting my wallet (see earlier posts), but that has not deterred me.  Like you James, I am now buying.  My target buy price was 180-200k but after waking up this morning (Sydney) to see the price at 150k I'm a happy man.  I had several 250-500 buys filled down to 150k and have just rounded out my buying for today with a few more at 160k.  If the price drops more 'll keep buying.  Weak hands can dump it down further if they want, there are plenty of us in the know that will catch them all the way down.  In 3-6 months, they will not be happy.  3-6 months, we will.

James keep drip-feeding the features.  I want to establish a privacyServer but am still having issues with Ubuntu 14.  I'll ditch that server and use another with 13.  Question on privacyServer... How are they identified in the app in order for users to "know" which one they are choosing, since the IP of the privacyServer is not known (I assume)?

you need to put in the IP address of your privacyServer. I could make it so you put in something like the pubkey or acct address, but I dont really see the point. the privacyServers will be publicly known, so nothing is lost by them publishing their addresses

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 12:45:01 AM

both of my transactions have confirmed one has 1347 confirms the other has 742 confirms
try exit and restart of wallet, somethings that kickstarts things

Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: