Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:25:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328438 times)
daemonfox

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:47:11 AM

BTCDPool.com is again having a hashrate too low to effectively mine PPC.  PPC has 10 minute blocks, but yields basically ~0.2x BTC per solved block.  If we could get back even a tenth of a petahash for a few hours, it would be immensely profitable and would create a ton of buy pressure.  Especially with the pool able to switch in and out of PPC whenever the diff drops.

There were some stratum resets earlier when I was implementing PPC, not sure if that was what scared some of the miners away, but there hasn't been any for several hours now and there won't have to be any further ones as the pool is accepting PPC shares properly now.

Why are you not using a BTC stratum pass through to another pool like MP does? If nothing is more profitable than BTC... why aren't you mining BTC?

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
paradigmflux

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

small fry

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 08:57:06 AM

BTCDPool.com is again having a hashrate too low to effectively mine PPC.  PPC has 10 minute blocks, but yields basically ~0.2x BTC per solved block.  If we could get back even a tenth of a petahash for a few hours, it would be immensely profitable and would create a ton of buy pressure.  Especially with the pool able to switch in and out of PPC whenever the diff drops.

There were some stratum resets earlier when I was implementing PPC, not sure if that was what scared some of the miners away, but there hasn't been any for several hours now and there won't have to be any further ones as the pool is accepting PPC shares properly now.

Why are you not using a BTC stratum pass through to another pool like MP does? If nothing is more profitable than BTC... why aren't you mining BTC?
Usually because jumping between the various SHA altcoins lets us rape the coin difficulties enough that it's about the same as BTC
I am exploring with a local BTC P2Pool node so that I can include BTC (and the various BTC merged coins such as NMC, IXC, DVC etc) in the SHA coin rotation.

---
NXT Multipool! Mine Scrypt, SHA, Keccak or X11 for NXT! http://hashrate.org
http://hashrate.org/getting_started for port info!
PhilipMorris

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:33:34 AM

Sad to see the price is going down  Sad Anyone know whats causing this? People lost interest?
mellorbo

Activity: 620

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:42:28 AM

hey guys how long does it take in order for coins to mature in order to be able to stake them. i have my wallet un encrypted and have had deposits received yesterday but it says my coins have not reached maturity

next to the transaction in the transaction list theres a lil "clock" shows u how long it takes. stand with your mouse there and itll say how many more it needs to mature if im not mistaken

both of my transactions have confirmed one has 1347 confirms the other has 742 confirms
try exit and restart of wallet, somethings that kickstarts things

tried the above multiple times it still says i dont have mature coins Sad
MuFaza

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:44:24 AM

Sad to see the price is going down  Sad Anyone know whats causing this? People lost interest?

Nothing to worry about. Short-term investors cashing out and people are looking for faster profits somewhere else.

I've full trust in the developer team so I don't mind temporal price fluctuation
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:13:56 PM

Its a good coin but it has gone up a hell of a lot.. SFR is 1 /20th the mkt cap of BTCD so the hot money is going there now, as its much easier for it to increase in price than BTCD... Usually once you get a 60 - 70% fall from the peak you will start to move up again.

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
paradigmflux

small fry

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 12:56:58 PM

lol you have an interesting post history.

---
paradigmflux

small fry

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 01:01:32 PM

Its a good coin but it has gone up a hell of a lot.. SFR is 1 /20th the mkt cap of BTCD so the hot money is going there now, as its much easier for it to increase in price than BTCD... Usually once you get a 60 - 70% fall from the peak you will start to move up again.
safron is just another huge cartel dump of a pre/flash/insta mine, in my opinion..  

---
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 01:16:55 PM

BitcoinDark by xpool - The Official BTCD Multipool

PROP reward system
BTCD Payouts
Scrypt & SHA256 & X11 Algo's
DDoS Protected
High Performance Backend
Simple setup and usage
1% Fee
To mine:

How does it work?

xpool offers 3 different sets of coins to mine. SHA256, Scrypt and X11. Each algorithm runs on a shift (see below). The confirmed coins are traded on the top 4 exchanges throughout the duration of the shift automatically to maximize the profits by exchanging them into BTCD and creating buy pressure in the BTCD markets! Once the shift ends, the shift is moved into "Confirming" status while all the coins are confirmed as successfully traded and exchanged, the BTCD payments are sent.

Current shifts run 24 hours, Monday - Friday and end at 7PM Eastern each day except Saturday & Sunday. The weekend shift ends on the Monday. Payments are then finialized and typically complete 2-3 hours after a shift ends.

The advantage of the pool is that you can utilize your any GPU, CPU and older ASIC equipment to earn you the more desired BitcoinDark.
Cheers and Happy Hashing!

PortAlgoExample
3500SHA256stratum+tcp://mine.btcd.xpool.ca:3500 -u <BTCD address> -p ANYTHING
3600SCRYPTstratum+tcp://mine.btcd.xpool.ca:3600 -u <BTCD address> -p ANYTHING
3700X11stratum+tcp://mine.btcd.xpool.ca:3700 -u <BTCD address> -p ANYTHING

Donations welcome or tip me, crackers, on IRC!

Any issues, please report them here or feel free to PM me, as I can't always see every post.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
3xpl0r3r

Activity: 90

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:26:55 PM

hey guys how long does it take in order for coins to mature in order to be able to stake them. i have my wallet un encrypted and have had deposits received yesterday but it says my coins have not reached maturity

next to the transaction in the transaction list theres a lil "clock" shows u how long it takes. stand with your mouse there and itll say how many more it needs to mature if im not mistaken

both of my transactions have confirmed one has 1347 confirms the other has 742 confirms

It takes 8 hours for you to be holding the coins for them to become mature (at LEAST 8 hours).  You have to unlock your wallet though or that will not happen.  You have already encrypted it so all you have to do is click settings and click unlock wallet and put your password in.  You will see a little box there that should already be checked that says For Staking Only.  Sometimes **after you unlock your wallet it will take several seconds to show that it is unlocked** but you can either hover your mouse over the icons at the bottom right or just wait a few and the little circle will turn GREEN.  You have to leave it opened a lot to get the wanted results.
slavo

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:27:08 PM

safron is just another huge cartel dump of a pre/flash/insta mine, in my opinion..  

I had to run from your pool; too much rejects (i was not alone; had some friends too; we all run); while xpool is doing better (but had lot of rejects two days ago; maybe was it down for a while i didn't checked). sorry bro; really. (xpool i have 2.9% rejected shares and about 8% on your pool yesterday)

crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 01:46:39 PM

I had to run from your pool; too much rejects (i was not alone; had some friends too; we all run); while xpool is doing better (but had lot of rejects two days ago; maybe was it down for a while i didn't checked). sorry bro; really. (xpool i have 2.9% rejected shares and about 8% on your pool yesterday)

Thanks for the support on http://btcd.xpool.ca guys. I've been watching the traffic closely and have made changes last week to my stratum code to minimize rejects. Happy to see you report it's doing pretty good.

Cheers!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
paradigmflux

small fry

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 02:02:11 PM

This is likely due to how often the coin are switching to the most profitable one.  I will adjust this now.  (I was doing a bit of an experiment with coin hopping).

---
mellorbo

Activity: 620

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:28:29 PM

It takes 8 hours for you to be holding the coins for them to become mature (at LEAST 8 hours).  You have to unlock your wallet though or that will not happen.  You have already encrypted it so all you have to do is click settings and click unlock wallet and put your password in.  You will see a little box there that should already be checked that says For Staking Only.  Sometimes **after you unlock your wallet it will take several seconds to show that it is unlocked** but you can either hover your mouse over the icons at the bottom right or just wait a few and the little circle will turn GREEN.  You have to leave it opened a lot to get the wanted results.

i have tried all the above and my p.c is on 24/7 as i stake other coins too but the circle wont turn green even after been open and unlocked for a good 20 hrs
slavo

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:31:22 PM

i'd love to see a multipool thinking with buy walls instead of buying blind.

every shift would give you btc that you usually convert to btcd intantly to pay the miners.

what if the pool take those btc and put a wall xx% (say 25%) under market rate (so we would need a formula to define better how to put those walls)

the pool would tell you your btc balance (in pending orders). If the pool have a big hashrate at some point we would need to buy a % directly and keep that wall creation over time.

example :

the pool is making 1btc per day. We say that a decent wall is x% of orderbook total.

orderbook is 100btc so for 5 days we would be all stacking up bitcoins on the pool; on day 5 we have 5btc; and the market rate is 0.0015.

0.0015 - 25% = 0,001125; so we put our first wall at that rate.

it should be relatively simple to automate that using api i imagine (i'm bad with tech sorry) so if market rate goes to 0.0016 wall would be 0.0012; what's over the defined rate of x% total orderbook; we buy directly.

for transparency the pool would have to show pending orders (api call = ez ?) instead of standard payout.

order may be not filled fast; but it would help the price going up.

i'd mine on that kind of pool; tbh i'm only mining now to help the price because i'm holding some btcd; but i will run soon just because it's always less profitable to mine on multipools than to trade yourself.

we could obv beta test on a dedicated port; so miners don't feel screwed if they don't like the ideas.

now gimme feedback plz  Smiley
filou4

Activity: 86

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:39:27 PM

every shift would give you btc that you usually convert to btcd intantly to pay the miners.

what if the pool take those btc and put a wall xx% (say 25%) under market rate (so we would need a formula to define better how to put those walls)

the pool would tell you your btc balance (in pending orders). If the pool have a big hashrate at some point we would need to buy a % directly and keep that wall creation over time.

example :

the pool is making 1btc per day. We say that a decent wall is x% of orderbook total.

orderbook is 100btc so for 5 days we would be all stacking up bitcoins on the pool; on day 5 we have 5btc; and the market rate is 0.0015.

it should be relatively simple to automate that using api i imagine (i'm bad with tech sorry) so if market rate goes to 0.0016 wall would be 0.0012; what's over the defined rate of x% total orderbook; we buy directly.

for transparency the pool would have to show pending orders (api call = ez ?) instead of standard payout.

i'd mine on that kind of pool; tbh i'm only mining now to help the price because i'm holding some btcd; but i will run soon just because it's always less profitable to mine on multipools than to trade yourself.

we could obv beta test on a dedicated port; so miners don't feel screwed if they don't like the ideas.

this seems to be a very good idea.
i'm ready to try it, if a dedicated mining port is opened.  Grin

http://poolto.be -+- Any help appreciated ! BTC: 1E4s4CDXutSYZGkFVKrLbmQXQWq4Ez7RUy -+- thanks :-)
slavo

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:41:38 PM

cool; we would be 2 on that pool Cheesy AWESOME
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 02:52:05 PM

example :

http://btcd.xpool.ca already puts it's BTCD orders in under the market value. Why pay more when ya don't have to Wink Now that the shifts are defined and set to regular intervals, coins exchanged earlier in the shift are placed the furtherest under market value, while coins exchanging near the end of the shift are closer to market value. I am looking into more sophisticated trading strategies so will bring this to the table, as currently the buys are not stacked up on a specific wall as you're suggesting. The problem is, miners are so skittish, the moment they think something is not right the pull away and go somewhere else, so currently the shifts and exchanging is designed to ensure payments are completed as soon as possible after the shift ends.

slavo

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:04:00 PM

that's why i said that we could try it with a dedicated port; let's the hashrate decide maybe.

then the goal of the multipool would be 1/put walls 2/pay miners instead of only paying miners.

I think there's a lot of multipool but not much strategy behind; people mining on multipools are usually coin supporter; so i'm on your pool because i support btcd; if I can see on your pool that i have xbtc on orders on bittrex at rate = x; i could check that the wall is here and know that my hashrate is really supporting btcd.

here i'm mining on your pool to help because it is the beginning and i have too few sha hash to trade that myself (i don't want to trade 2$/day Cheesy); but soon i'll leave; as every miner does with multipools.

If you are interested maybe could we think about that on IRC; i won't help because i'm not dev; but I'd mine on that kind of pool; and i would promote it obv.

cheers guys; and gl jl777 for everything etc; i hodl for the best.
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:10:20 PM

It's difficult for me to tell, but I get a sense there is a decent amount of accumulation going on.  Looks like we might stay in this range a bit (I think 140k-118k)  I do feel whoever flashed that 20k order last night was just "showing off" and the order was pulled pretty quickly out of fear that someone could of jumped on that order very quickly.  He had no intention of selling.  There is also no way he could even unload all those coins without crashing the price.

The speed at which James is coding and developing I would be very weary of selling/dumping/playing the short game.  People jumped out to go chase other coins for short term profits, but they will have to make incredible gains on those shit/scamcoins in order to jump back in btcd and buy back what they sold.  The order book (selling) is still pretty thin.  Were only 10BTC to 200k and its not really that many coins.  

James is working on so many small pieces together that once the puzzle starts to get put together (which I suspect) is going to be sooner than expected we will see a violent/sharp rise.

Take this time to accumulate what you can.
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: