Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:26:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328438 times)
gitbknowsall

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:16:40 AM

Is there anybody that can start tweaking the generic NXT GUI to make it into a BTCD GUI?
Its HTML5
There is the standard NXT gui and the enhanced NXTservices version that already interfaces to my :7777 API
I suggest to start getting familiar with NXT GUI source code and when ready to delve into the NXTservices enhanced version

I find usually I finish the low level API before GUI is done, so the sooner GUI is started, the better

Hey I'm heading up a flat ui for the new website that IceColdTommy has  been working on. I can help theme this if you can point me in the direction of it.
just install NXT from nxt.org to get the baseline HTML source
https://nxtforum.org/index.php?topic=3008.msg52783#msg52783 has the enhanced version that talks to :7777 API

By making this GUI into BTCD GUI, BTCD will have the most advanced GUI of any coin!

James

This is excellent i've taken a look and this fits into IceColdTommy;s bootstrap based  backend, I'm currently working on a bootstrap wrapper for the site that should work perfectly with this. After I complete the theming i will send you a pm with the visuals.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
id10tothe9

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:21:53 AM

does anybody know if there is a cryptsy API call that just returns all marketid's and what they are?

http://pubapi.cryptsy.com/api.php?method=marketdatav2
returns giant amounts of data and seems to be the only thing with this data

James

I used "getmarkets" as shown below, but I'm not operating the script anymore, I hope it still works.

// Get the currency markets, their prices and my trade history and write them to their respective sheets.
function getLists(nonce){
  var markets = getCryptsyMarkets();
  var balances = getCryptsyBalances();

var btcMarkets = markets[0];
  var ltcMarkets = markets[1];
  var xpmMarkets = markets [2];

writeToSheet(btcMarkets,balances,"BTCMarket","฿");
  writeToSheet(ltcMarkets,balances,"LTCMarket","ltc");
  writeToSheet(xpmMarkets,balances,"XPMMarket","xpm");

}

var getCryptsyMarkets = function() {
  var markets = cryptsyRequest({method: "getmarkets"});
  var btcMarketList = {};
  var ltcMarketList = {};
  var xpmMarketList = {};

markets.forEach(function(market) {
    if (market.secondary_currency_code == "BTC") {
      btcMarketList[market.primary_currency_code] = [market.marketid, market.last_trade];
    }
    else if (market.secondary_currency_code == "LTC") {
      ltcMarketList[market.primary_currency_code] = [market.marketid, market.last_trade]
    }
    else if (market.secondary_currency_code == "XPM") {
      xpmMarketList[market.primary_currency_code] = [market.marketid, market.last_trade]
    }
    });
  return [btcMarketList,ltcMarketList,xpmMarketList];
}

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
suchnekky

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:25:27 AM

sooo im sensing a bit of a major pump this weekend.  Roll Eyes

• ⓢⓤⓒⓗⓝⓔⓚⓚⓨ •
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 06:33:02 AM

An increase in intrinsic value being reflected in the market price is not called a pump

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
Azeh (OP)

Activity: 441

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:33:14 AM

No pumps, just the market mechanism at work reflecting a higher price due to real development taking place Cool
Azeh (OP)

Activity: 441

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:34:02 AM

An increase in intrinsic value being reflected in the market price is not called a pump

lol... James, we were thinking the same thing
suchnekky

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:44:45 AM

without value the coin is dead. we need major volume to keep this baby stable. lets do this fck the rules work like a mad bitch and get shit happening. please. i loveyou.

• ⓢⓤⓒⓗⓝⓔⓚⓚⓨ •
misterycoins

Activity: 249

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:48:08 AM

Yeah dump to me Wink
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:52:22 AM

Do my eyes deceive me?  BitcoinDark already #35 on crypto market cap with nearly $950,000 market cap already!  Way to go fellas Smiley

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 06:59:09 AM

without value the coin is dead. we need major volume to keep this baby stable. lets do this fck the rules work like a mad bitch and get shit happening. please. i loveyou.
Actually, even without any volumes, when BTCD starts getting dividends in BTC, it will have value
I dont like it that currently the only way to make money in crypto is by speculating. It should be like investing in stocks. Pick a good one and it goes up in price because it keeps making more money and starts issuing dividends.

The value of something is the sum of all future dividends, discounted to present value.
For bitcoin, this value is $0
For BitcoinDark this value will be > $0, with ~1 million BTCD, a $50,000 per year dividend at a PE of 20:1 would match the current market cap. Let us dream a bit and be somewhat optimistic, let's say InstantDEX revenue sharing gets 1 BTC per day, that would be $200,000K per year so a 20:1 PE would get us to $4 million marketcap based on expected dividends

Of course, the 1 BTC per day requires InstantDEX to be quite popular, but also 20:1 PE could be quite a bit on the low side as high growth tech stocks see 100+ PE all the time. So even if 0.25 BTC per day, we could get a compensating PE factor.

JLH was the first "mutual fund" type of asset and it also became the first cryptoasset to trade on crypto exchange. Its even on coinmarketcap right above BTCD. What I am saying is that I have changed what NXT assets are already and I am going to change what it means to be a leading crypto. BTCD will not only assimilate all the good features from other coins, it will also take features from other areas, like stockmarket. I want my BTCD to just generate a nice income, just because I have them, not because I can sell it to someone else.

So forget about what you know about crypto. BTCD has redefined it

James

id10tothe9

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:59:18 AM

Well, some people that obtained early NXTprivacy and Privatebet assets put some on the market before I was ready for this, and at significant premiums over what the price I had planned on. Since this would create unhappy buyers for anybody that buys from these third parties, I have been forced to put these assets for sale. The most important thing for me is that people who invest in my assets are treated properly. These are not just words to me.

I am too busy coding now for proper explanations of these assets, but a summary version is that NXTprivacy owns 50% of Privatebet (after it sells what is on AE) and the dividends from Privatebet will flow through to NXTprivacy asset holders, so this puts a 2:1 ratio between Privatebet and NXTprivacy, just from this. However, NXTprivacy also is dealing with monetizing privacyServers and whatever it can get from that will also add to NXTprivacy dividends, plus maybe some more privacy oriented things. I would think a ratio of 1.5:1 to 2:1 is a reasonable ratio for Privatebet:NXTprivacy due to this.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G-xRirAIAFHhJb1b04HG5EGXoG68O7SesiRm9mbRI9c/edit?usp=sharing has a rough description of GUI, the more specific technical details are not strictly accurate and has been changed, but at least you will get some ideas on what to expect.

James

what is the premium they are asking for, is the current price (10NXT) like twice what they got it for or more?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
bitkokos

Activity: 490

0_0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 07:04:57 AM

I have tried xpool.ca but I don't find it profitable.
SHA256 says 0.00001 btc per day per GH. If we mine PPC and convert to BTC we get 0.000026 BTC per GH per day. that's more than double in payouts and almost triple payouts mining BTC 0.000029
SCRYPT says 0.00062 btc per day per MH. If we mine LTC and convert to BTC on a profit switching multipool, we get 0.00072 BTC per day per MH

O_o
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 07:13:25 AM

Well, some people that obtained early NXTprivacy and Privatebet assets put some on the market before I was ready for this, and at significant premiums over what the price I had planned on. Since this would create unhappy buyers for anybody that buys from these third parties, I have been forced to put these assets for sale. The most important thing for me is that people who invest in my assets are treated properly. These are not just words to me.

I am too busy coding now for proper explanations of these assets, but a summary version is that NXTprivacy owns 50% of Privatebet (after it sells what is on AE) and the dividends from Privatebet will flow through to NXTprivacy asset holders, so this puts a 2:1 ratio between Privatebet and NXTprivacy, just from this. However, NXTprivacy also is dealing with monetizing privacyServers and whatever it can get from that will also add to NXTprivacy dividends, plus maybe some more privacy oriented things. I would think a ratio of 1.5:1 to 2:1 is a reasonable ratio for Privatebet:NXTprivacy due to this.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G-xRirAIAFHhJb1b04HG5EGXoG68O7SesiRm9mbRI9c/edit?usp=sharing has a rough description of GUI, the more specific technical details are not strictly accurate and has been changed, but at least you will get some ideas on what to expect.

James

what is the premium they are asking for, is the current price (10NXT) like twice what they got it for or more?
No 10 NXT was the price I determined was right for NXTprivacy, so people who buy it have nice upside potential. The problem was it was being sold for 15, even 20. So anybody that bought it at that price would be upset when they find out it is available for 10. Since it is decentralized exchange, I have no way of knowing who overpaid, so I saw no choice but to get my official sell in place earlier than planned

id10tothe9

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 07:22:06 AM

No 10 NXT was the price I determined was right for NXTprivacy, so people who buy it have nice upside potential. The problem was it was being sold for 15, even 20. So anybody that bought it at that price would be upset when they find out it is available for 10. Since it is decentralized exchange, I have no way of knowing who overpaid, so I saw no choice but to get my official sell in place earlier than planned

awesome, thanks for your high morals and awesome work(ss)!
I posted my cryptsy API calls I used for marketID info, let me know if I can help any further and good luck!

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 07:52:25 AM

awesome, thanks for your high morals and awesome work(ss)!
I posted my cryptsy API calls I used for marketID info, let me know if I can help any further and good luck!
In crypto the only thing that matters is one's honor, which creates the reputation and trust. A lot of people make some big deals about real world identity, but there was a case where we knew the real world identity of a scammer, but what good did it do? Nothing, he bailed and even though I didnt have to, I covered all the losses.

I do not want the horrible legal system duplicated in crypto. The default assumption in legal system is that everybody will do whatever they can to get away with whatever they can. So, we have contracts of many pages, laws of thousands of pages, trials, juries, judges, appeals, etc. Very inefficient system that only helps make the lawyers, etc. big huge fees.

Anyway, I digressed.

On the cryptsy API, thanks. I already hardcoded a string. I can always move it to a .conf file so it can be easily extended. For now I am just concentrating on basic functionality.

Speaking of basic functionality, after I coded all the orderbook loading from the exchanges, I realized that debugging it would be really difficult without being able to see it. So I got sidetracked figuring out how to get an image onto the :7777 page. good news is that I solved it, but it flashes on each update. Anyway, at least now I can see the data.

Now, this opens up some pretty interesting possibilities. It just so happens that I have some pretty good experience with realtime displays of forex and this code will port right over into this. I also have a bunch of handy noise smoothing algos and other stuff to help visualize things. I didnt plan to integrate all this display stuff anytime soon, but I think it is worth a bit of a delay to get it so people can see the prices. In any case it will help me debug faster, so maybe the actual delay is not so much.

So, maybe functional release wont be till next week, but it will have some visualization charts

James

id10tothe9

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:09:46 AM

just awesome Cheesy

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
salsacz

Merit: 504

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:44:42 AM

Marketing organisation: https://trello.com/b/BPl2YkZV/bitcoindark
- Remember, BitcoinDark is a community project, so anyone is welcomed to help
- feel free to find any topic you like and help with it. Board is open, so anyone can also join it and add their ideas or info

thanks

There is one thing I definitely cannot do - chinese promo, weibo, etc, so it would be nice to find someone from this area
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 09:57:42 AM

Does anybody know how often you can query each exchanges API without getting blacklisted?

for the following exchanges
#define BITTREX_FEEDID 0xfeed0001L
#define CRYPTSY_FEEDID 0xfeed0002L
#define POLONIEX_FEEDID 0xfeed0003L
#define MINTPAL_FEEDID 0xfeed0004L
#define BTER_FEEDID 0xfeed0005L

dont want to blast out too many queries, but also dont want it to be updating once per minute either

I got some HTML help and now have graphic updating every second, which is plenty fast. Just a test loop, no actual data yet, that's for this weekend

James

salsacz

Merit: 504

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:07:03 AM

and for the development, like Android Apps, games, etc, if you want, then you can use: https://trello.com/b/Q1UH32GS/bitcoindark-development
cnupo

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:46:11 AM

Why TF are these crazy selling walls on bitrex .. they don't allow the value to rise...
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: