Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:21:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328438 times)
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 08:44:04 PM

Those who FUD the development of this coin are crrraaazzyy, indeed!  There's so much communication here, I almost can't believe it. I mean, between coding 100 hrs/week, 1000 lines/day, eating, sleeping and keeping us informed, I don't see how you do it James. You must be wearing old skool Velcro sneakers so you don't have to tie your laces huh?  Absolutely amazing job dude!!!
no commute, work at home, usually dont wear shoes Smiley
Also, 1000 lines is max output (ok, I think I once did 2500 lines in a single "day" but it was something like 20 hours straight) and after I write it, have to debug it. I think sustained output is closer to 300 lines per day

I am also doing a bunch of stuff over in NXT, especially with uMGW, but it all is part of same system. By doing so many things all of this is active in my head and I think this creates some "magic" so I can see stuff that nobody else has a chance to see, simply because I am doing so many things

Anyway, about to go under. Maybe price goes to bargain price when I am not posting

James

Already have my orders set.  Long and strong here.  Sweet dreams man!!!
Ah, my English mistake.
By going "under" I meant into the code Smiley

OK, so I put in a tradebot framework and totally delayed deciding the exact language to program the tradebots in.
I just made a JSON form/file to specify a tradebot and launch it.

So, if anybody has any requests as to what types of things you want your tradebot to be able to do, speak up now. I will try to make it extensible, but maybe I wont be able to handle your use case so easily and will not have time to implement it.

James

Yay nice.
Definitely need rules like stop/loss take/profit.
Best case would be that we can make personal rules - i.e. if x amount of currency sold under price p sell y amount at price q.
The user should be able to choose the different arguments and input the parameter to easily create a rule.

I currently only have the bid/ask info and not trade volumes
I am not sure if all exchanges give trade volumes so this is why the lack of support

But, you would be able to do things like if price on bittrex is higher than cryptsy, sell(or buy)
if the overall slope is positive, but bittrex price is below cryptsy, buy

stuff like that, but it wont be easy for people that are not able to do spreadsheets

I am thinking the JSON will let you specify exchange, contract and for each such thing, there would be additional things like slope, accel, highbid, lowask, etc. etc. literally dozens of data items for each signal.
So, one part of the problem is to identify what signal is important
Then the other part is how to combine different signals into a decision

Until I get the SVM code ported, things will be quite primitive. but I should be able to create a bunch of premade tradebots that do simple things. My hope is that there will be people here that will be able (want to) make tradebots for other people and they can share profits. Still details not all worked out, need to get version 0 out first

I know it wont be totally right, but at least it will make clear what improvements it needs, then 20 versions later we should have nice tradebot language with a bunch of useful premade tradebots

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 08:46:37 PM

How about if price went up/down X% during last hour   buy/sell Y amount.
Interesting. So you want to change the amount traded based on percentage change.
I had thought to give each tradebot instance a total budget it was allowed to trade
This is good feedback!

My initial approach would not have worked. I need a way for an overall tradebot budget authorization and then have a way for it to dynamically change this budget based on signals

Thanks! I need some more coffee now Smiley

Aptidude

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:48:03 PM

I'm excited at the prospect of all this sweet sweet passive income from staking and privacyservers.

The enthusiasm from the dev team is great.  I can't wait to see what's in store for BitcoinDark.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 09:44:50 PM

hit a bit of a snag with JSON going through HTML to libwebsockets to my code, so the input form for the tradebot code will need to use a modified JSON where ' is used instead of "

You can also specify a local file and I think that should be normal JSON as the input form is really just for debugging simple tradebots

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 10:26:04 PM

I made it so you can add new "languages", at least at compile time. Probably can make it deal with dynamic libraries, but my weakness is linkers, so I fear to try that.

So, anybody can write their own JSON parser to define their tradebot. Realistically, it will probably just be me and a few advanced coders, but theoretically you could implement FIX, MT4/MT5, etc. as a dynamically loaded language.
It also offers the ability to have encrypted blobs as the "code" and only people who have the decryption key would be able to run it.

OK, so I think that's pretty good as far as future extensibility. Now some good music and I write "btl", basic tradebot language. I will try to use sandboxed internal API to simplify porting other languages into this system. Though maybe the dynamic library is the way to go, so then you can use whatever language you want. I just dont have time to research how to properly do this. libuv has support for portably calling dynamic libraries. Maybe a good project for noashh to recruit for.

James

omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:42:10 PM

hope this coin does well.

BitcoinDarkDice.com is still up for sale.

500 BTCD and it's yours.

get the best gambling domain name for BTCD
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 11:10:02 PM

OK, I couldnt resist, I coded the dynamic library loading and even though I dont know how to make them properly if there is a dynamic library with the entry points:

"langname", "compiler", "runtime"

I will add it to the list of available languages. The MGW.conf (too lazy to rename the file for all the different possibilities) file will then look for a field called "tradebot_languages" and if it is an array of filenames, each will attempt to be loaded.

So, the code is there, if anybody can make a dynamic library with these entry points, I could test it

langname is a char * to the name of the language
int32_t (*compiler_func)(void **compiledptr,char *retjsonstr,cJSON *codejson);
int32_t (*runtime_func)(void *compiled,struct tradebot_state *state);

the compiler function does whatever it needs to with codejson and allocates memory for the compiled data and puts that in *compiledptr. status is putinto retjsonstr.

The runtime function will be called with the compiledptr that was saved earlier along with the current tradebot state. The runtime function will be called until it returns nonzero status, negative indicating error, positive indication completion

Each language can have a memory limited number of tradebots all active. I decided to let each tradebot determine if it needs any data during runtime, as otherwise I need a way to generically specify all the possible data needs ahead of time.

James

argentofulci

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:13:42 PM

wow well i just bought more

+1

The cycle repeats -  (1) every time I see a downturn I accumulate more
                             (2) get a bit nervous
                               (3) lurk this forum and buy more!

With the specs, the dev and the name/branding, I'm on board for this one.

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 11:32:38 PM

wow well i just bought more

+1

The cycle repeats -  (1) every time I see a downturn I accumulate more
                             (2) get a bit nervous
                               (3) lurk this forum and buy more!

With the specs, the dev and the name/branding, I'm on board for this one.

Smiley
wise choice!

I havent seen such horizontal movement in many other coins. It seems that the hodlers are not going on a buy panic and also the WH guys seem to have sold all their coins, so now seems only small lots are on bittrex. cryptsy actually seems to have bigger chunks available.

Anyway, now that I made a modular language handling and independent bot handling, it will help me to add many different types of tradebots. I think I will add the ability for a bot to publish a signal. Then other bots can build on other bot's outputs.

Modular lego-like tradebots!

IceColdTommy

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:35:16 PM

Anyone available to help me test something, no technical knowlegde needed
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:42:38 PM

How can I assist ICT?

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
IceColdTommy

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:43:22 PM

How can I assist ICT?
I will send you a PM Smiley
BTCwriter
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:47:51 PM

Nice try Stealthcoin fanboys. Especially BTCwriter, you are managing forums for Stealthcoin right? Very professional of you to come in here and hate on BitcoinDark  Roll Eyes I hope you don't try to represent the whole Stealthcoin community, because that attitude of yours might keep investors away from Stealthcoin. It's a shame Stealthcoin is trading so low at the moment (and I mean that because I hold it as well), but with the stagnant markets of late I am thinking of selling my 200k XST

Title of forum say Unofficial StealthCoin Forum
BTCwriter
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:52:25 PM

400 scam cryptocurrencies and you ladies think this one is any different.  LOL  Maybe it is.  Why release a coin and then build it?  Why not code it and then release?  A little common sense goes a long way. 

What's with the bots trading on Cryptsy anyway?  Is that supporting the price while you code or is it price fixing while you stall?  Time will tell. 

Sorry if I'm a bit skeptical, been burned too many times to count to trust a faceless name especially a former Forex trader.  Oh wait I forgot Instantdex is going to be the next JP morgan, or something like that.  Where have i heard that one before? LOL  We'll see. 

I don't trust this coin is not another huge disaster waiting to happen.   I completely expect that this coin will collapse at any minute.  A lot of people may be getting ready to lose a lot of money if this turns out to be a scam.   Even if it's not a scam the price could crash at any minute due to incompetence.  Buyer beware.

Everyone remember when Obama tried to convince everyone he was like Jesus?  "...contrary to popular opinion I was not born in a manger..." yada yada  Well that turned out not to be true also. 

Bitcoindark is going above DRK.  It's going to be in the top ten on Coinmarketcap. etc. etc.  Empty promises. 

Just code the damn coin and release it like Satoshi did.  Save the empty promises for someone who gives a crap.

I believed when bitcoindark come out it don't even have a dev.
bitcoindark don't have in house dev it give out bounty for it. It is just crazy if you ask and wondered so many people get burned!

What the fuck did you just say?
BTCwriter, please take writer out of you name.
I look through your posts and you are far from a writer.
Take some English classes please, you sound fucking retarded when I read your posts.

P.S. You are far from a writer, sorry to burst your bubble

Drunk, I make more sense than you, shit I am typing well drunk.  Smiley

Why people considered me as FUDster? Isn't darkcoinblack coming out with bounty for any anon dev to jump on board? I'm 100% sure I saw on first day darkcoinblack come out. I just want to say the true and nothing is bad about it unless you want to hide about it.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 12:15:07 AM

struct tradebot_io
{
    void *compiled;
    char *botname,**signalnames;
    int32_t botid,numoutputs,*signalsizes;
};

changed the interface a little, now on compilation, the compiler can return JSON with the name of the bot, its ID and the number of outputs it will have along with names. The convention is that these outputs will be packed in order at the beginning of the memory pointed to by compiled

So, now other bots can access the outputs of other bots by name, id and signal within each bot

Instead of limiting each "signal" to a single value, I will allow for variable sized, the contents to mean whatever the bot writer makes it to mean. So it can hold floating point double, integer bits, 16 value price bar, etc

Test run:
codejson = {'lang':'btl'}

compiler just hard code returns: {"botname":"testbot","signals":[{"signal":"buy","size":4},{"signal":"sell","size":8}]}

and the system creates the right pointers to memory with the right names and sizes:
0 of 2: "testbot".id0 buy compiled.0x1026000e0 ptr.0x1026000e0 (buy).size4
1 of 2: "testbot".id0 sell compiled.0x1026000e0 ptr.0x1026000e4 (sell).size8
json_handler returns.({"botname":"testbot","signals":[{"name":"buy","size":4},{"name":"sell","size":8}]})

just for fun, lets remove the botname field:
0 of 2: "bot with no name".id0 buy compiled.0x100f143d0 ptr.0x100f143d0 (buy).size4
1 of 2: "bot with no name".id0 sell compiled.0x100f143d0 ptr.0x100f143d4 (sell).size8
json_handler returns.({"signals":[{"name":"buy","size":4},{"name":"sell","size":8}]})

not much of a test suite, but at least it seems to be registering the language and the tradebot. Now onto allowing other bots to make connections to the outputs of other bots

James

P.S. I think what I am doing is called rapid development, or something like that. I just write code that I understand, incrementally so I make no giant leaps to end up where I am lost. Always best to work from a stable solid point.

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 12:17:58 AM

400 scam cryptocurrencies and you ladies think this one is any different.  LOL  Maybe it is.  Why release a coin and then build it?  Why not code it and then release?  A little common sense goes a long way. 

What's with the bots trading on Cryptsy anyway?  Is that supporting the price while you code or is it price fixing while you stall?  Time will tell. 

Sorry if I'm a bit skeptical, been burned too many times to count to trust a faceless name especially a former Forex trader.  Oh wait I forgot Instantdex is going to be the next JP morgan, or something like that.  Where have i heard that one before? LOL  We'll see. 

I don't trust this coin is not another huge disaster waiting to happen.   I completely expect that this coin will collapse at any minute.  A lot of people may be getting ready to lose a lot of money if this turns out to be a scam.   Even if it's not a scam the price could crash at any minute due to incompetence.  Buyer beware.

Everyone remember when Obama tried to convince everyone he was like Jesus?  "...contrary to popular opinion I was not born in a manger..." yada yada  Well that turned out not to be true also. 

Bitcoindark is going above DRK.  It's going to be in the top ten on Coinmarketcap. etc. etc.  Empty promises. 

Just code the damn coin and release it like Satoshi did.  Save the empty promises for someone who gives a crap.

I believed when bitcoindark come out it don't even have a dev.
bitcoindark don't have in house dev it give out bounty for it. It is just crazy if you ask and wondered so many people get burned!

What the fuck did you just say?
BTCwriter, please take writer out of you name.
I look through your posts and you are far from a writer.
Take some English classes please, you sound fucking retarded when I read your posts.

P.S. You are far from a writer, sorry to burst your bubble

Drunk, I make more sense than you, shit I am typing well drunk.  Smiley

Why people considered me as FUDster? Isn't darkcoinblack coming out with bounty for any anon dev to jump on board? I'm 100% sure I saw on first day darkcoinblack come out. I just want to say the true and nothing is bad about it unless you want to hide about it.
I joined the coin July 16th, after it had launched already. By the way I am not working for the bounty, I have bought by BTCD on the open market just like everybody else. There was a call for community involvement, so I got a little involved

James

Azeh (OP)

Activity: 441
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:16:33 AM

Great to be a part of a coin with such a dedicated dev.  I'm a LONG-TERM holder.  Need some marketing guys

New site with bounty system will be up soon. 

Of course, we're always open to the community stepping up and volunteering.  If anyone is interested don't hesitate to ask publicly on the forums or else send me a PM.

id10tothe9

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 05:05:04 AM

Great to be a part of a coin with such a dedicated dev.  I'm a LONG-TERM holder.  Need some marketing guys

Of course, we're always open to the community stepping up and volunteering.  If anyone is interested don't hesitate to ask publicly on the forums or else send me a PM.

as soon as you need translation to Arabic or German let me know!

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
IceColdTommy

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 05:36:49 AM

as soon as you need translation to Arabic or German let me know!

I will send you pm latter today or tomorow to give you a file to translate Smiley
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 06:27:43 AM

OK, I am kind of excited about this, both from technical and marketing points.
You know how there is all this hoopla about Turing complete language?
For those who followed the NXTcoinsco "name change" to Tradebots, you will know I have been working on a tradebot language today, but first I thought just something simple, like >, < ==, but then I thought why not make it Turing complete?

I know you are saying that would take a long time to do, but I figured it was worth looking for a nice C interpreter.
So, I now have a Turing complete language for people to program their tradebots with!

In the .conf file, I look for dynamically loaded libraries to support custom languages
With the language compiler loaded into the system, you can then send it JSON string that is the program:

{'lang':'ptl','botname':'testbot','inputs':[{'exchange':'bittrex','base':'BTCD','rel':'BTC'}],'signals':[{'name':'buy','size':4},{'name':'sell','size':8}],'picoc':'double main(int argc,char **argv){ double val = 1.234567890123456; val = *(double *)argv[0]; return(val);}'}

program output:
bot returns 0.001353880916065 event.1 Jul_27_14 06:56:08 PM bot.(testbot) id.0 BTCD BTC

The bots are called in dependency order for all price changes and once per minute. It was a bit tricky to make sure the order of calling the bots are done so all the data is ready for each bot, this is determined by order the tradebots are added to the system to create the tradebot topology.

The above is just a small test program in 'JSON' where " -> ' to deal with the stringification of strings through all the layers.
lang: ptl is just for pico tradebot language
botname: testbot is how other bots can get the output signals of this bot
inputs: is an array of external data sources (all the major exchanges and contract pairs) and I will also add some basic signal processing, like smoothing, moving averages, noise filtering, etc.
signals: these are the named outputs of this bot and the size, so the output can be more than just a single number, it could be an entire data structure
picoc: this is the Turing complete part, I was able to integrate in the picoc interpreter and verify that I can pass data in and out of the tradebot code. I even changed it so by default it outputs a double for easier connecting to other things needing floating point inputs. I will be able to give access to the picoc programs the entire dataset that my data gathering is doing. In fact, I can let it access external functions, so it would be possible to make NXT API calls from within the picoc, or bitcoind, or basically anything.

Now the reason I was able to add Turing complete language support into my tradebot language in less than a day is that I care not about synchronizing all nodes. Tradebots design is for each node to run a different set of tradebots to come up with customized trading decisions.

Now that I have the pico tradebot language and the realtime data gathering and the realtime bitmap display and the atomic exchange and a hub and spoke network, InstantDEX is very close to initial release. First I will make a auto BTCD -> BTC converter that will allow payment in BTCD to all places that accept BTC. With what is in place, well, that is pretty much enough to allow this.

People who make tradebots can let others use it and then share trading profits, but only if they are profitable. I have accelerated deploying SVM enabled tradebots as all this is coming together very nicely. With SVM creation ability, I expect people will be able to make nicely profitable tradebots.

James

Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: