Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:22:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 [244] 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328437 times)
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 11:44:37 AM

Following James' advice the passed few weeks has only resulted in profit
I am not always right, so please, you must use your own judgement and risk tolerance

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 11:45:15 AM

James do you think BBR is overpriced at 40k?

1/3 of xmr means 100+ k - with tech improvement even more? Im just speculating Smiley
I think accumulate below the current price and wait for the daily dumper. There is time for patience. Also remember that BBR is still being mined, so it will always have miners to sell you cheap coins. They seem to be quite impatient

James

P.S. Long term anything below 1/5'th XMR should be OK, but why pay more than you have to?

I totaly agree! I got my buy order filled at 40k. Lets see if they dump lower  Grin
the price on polo is much lower!

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 11:47:34 AM

James do you think BBR is overpriced at 40k?

1/3 of xmr means 100+ k - with tech improvement even more? Im just speculating Smiley
I think accumulate below the current price and wait for the daily dumper. There is time for patience. Also remember that BBR is still being mined, so it will always have miners to sell you cheap coins. They seem to be quite impatient

James

P.S. Long term anything below 1/5'th XMR should be OK, but why pay more than you have to?

I totaly agree! I got my buy order filled at 40k. Lets see if they dump lower  Grin
the price on polo is much lower!

Ah i will check asap thanks

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
MuFaza

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 11:47:48 AM

If BBR devs are willing to join forces with James we might have something very special in our hands.. I have the same feeling than I had buying BTCD at 25k sats Smiley
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 11:54:49 AM

Please help community.... lets get BitcoinWisdom to hook us up!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=190722.msg8564227#msg8564227

EDIT: nice little string of support there now, nicely done, keep em coming

Lotta support from the community on this so far...... lets continue that trend until they list btcd  Smiley

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
ShortBTCD

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:15:46 PM

ShortBTCD is back online.  With BTCD/BTC at 0.00947, target price is 101.8.

Bid/ask: 100.5/102.5.
belibeli

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:03:40 PM

Hello, I'm a science fiction writer that has a wife and a passion. I am also many other things.  A friend recommended this guy’s blog. I also think anon is awesome and I come not from fiverr. A part of me takes this in some sort of mockery and the other part really lives in a Verse where thoughts can be accomplished in the matter of a click. Only a risk assessor could confirm debilitating draws even everyday’s market, but we think it is idea like yours that treasure value. And when I say we, I mean me from the present as well as me from the future. Thank you jl777 for making the money teleportation concept come to life!
threecats

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:06:39 PM

Teleport - port = Teleportal?
mellorbo

Activity: 620
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:28:18 PM

so much fud going on in cryptsy troll box about btcd its unbelievable lol
bob131313

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 02:00:02 PM

re: paper for teleport
Read the paper and afaik I understand most of it. Please correct my mistakes.

An issue I see with the teleport and pods is that it relies on a few folks stepping up and being the front man if someone wants to cash out. So maybe if a few good money launders get into the business I can see this as a useful way to cash out to fiat.
If someone isn't interested to cash out and the anon card takes off, that changes things for the better, but the anon card still needs a front man.
Have you contacted the various mobs yet? I hear they like the profit margin of this type.

This is pretty much a tor network mixer using encrypted messages that is automated and built into the coin with incentive for random folks to run the teleport servers to keep the anon as high as possible. More servers better mixer.  Keeping it all off tor using onion routing in a private network helps. I would suggest having the port change a bit as to keep the network fingerprinting down.

Am I missing anything?

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 02:19:13 PM

An issue I see with the teleport and pods is that it relies on a few folks stepping up and being the front man if someone wants to cash out. So maybe if a few good money launders get into the business I can see this as a useful way to cash out to fiat.
If someone isn't interested to cash out and the anon card takes off, that changes things for the better, but the anon card still needs a front man.
Have you contacted the various mobs yet? I hear they like the profit margin of this type.

This is pretty much a tor network mixer using encrypted messages that is automated and built into the coin with incentive for random folks to run the teleport servers to keep the anon as high as possible. More servers better mixer.  Keeping it all off tor using onion routing in a private network helps. I would suggest having the port change a bit as to keep the network fingerprinting down.

Am I missing anything?

cashout can also be handled by the telepod creator, which makes a closed loop. I am also working on automated tradebots to deal with some of the more dangerous parts, but not all these details are finished as the important part is the main network and I know there are several solutions for the entry/exit
By using other anon coins to feed into the system, it allows for much more private seeding of the initial telepods and once we get multiple other anon coins combined with some realtime trading  of them, the attacker wouldnt even know which coin network the telepod value ended up.

I dont think there is much network fingerprinting possible due to the M of N fragmenting of each telepod. Using M of 40% of N (can be up to 254) and 85% probability to route, then for 4 hops you still end up with half the fragments getting to the destination, which is plenty to reconstruct. So I am envisioning some sort of constant white noise of the M of N fragments and since it is all encrypted not really a way to tell if it is a telepod being originated or rerouted or even if it is the destination since 15% of the destinations dont reroute! Was it the destination or was it the 15% random discard?

I am also not sure if you realize that the receiver is the one that controls the timing of the blockchain event and that this is randomly delayed by up to a max delay specified by each user. So not possible to even know what set of cloning events are actually part of the anon set when trying to correlate it with the sender. The sending anon set is potentially much bigger due to the possibility of aging telepods for a long time and even a minimal amount of trusted teleports (no cloning) will allow a telepod to end up anywhere. So the anon set for the sender is close to all the cloning events since the telepod was cloned but of course this is only being correlated to a guess as to the potential receivers.

With there being only txout/txin without any history other than all the clonings that just go back to telepod creator, the timing analysis is the best chance for correlations, but with each telepod resembling more a quantum wave function than a discrete particle, I think this is quite difficult

I try to make big headache for attacker. How did I do?
You are first to make such a good analysis, on a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate this?

James

bitkokos

Activity: 490

0_0

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 02:23:55 PM

And now you got banned Sad

I can only say stay away from cryptsy this exchange is the last i would use. I had to use it last week and i would need to wait 1 week to have my BTCD Withdrawn from them. In the end i just used the old trick and made just over 1000 small transactions and it worked.

I am sure they are using our btcd for staking

O_o
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 02:30:37 PM

I like it.

If this system becomes big enough to allow a certain currency to be removed from their controlled economy without bbeing traced or regulated, this coin may surpass btc

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 02:39:10 PM

I like it.

If this system becomes big enough to allow a certain currency to be removed from their controlled economy without bbeing traced or regulated, this coin may surpass btc
fiat -> crypto is always the big problem, realistically fiat -> btc will be the available gateway
now once it comes into crypto, then it will be able to directly go into or traded for telepods and I expect a lively telepod <-> telepod economy as this becomes the analogue of cash and when you extract back to the blockchain, it is more like a signed check/bank deposit with everything traceable. Or maybe better analogy is that telepods are like safe deposit boxes. people are using them for exchanging and cloning is just emptying the contents of a box you get into your safe deposit box that only you have the key to. So it is good that with automation we are not having to have the safe boxes in our pockets!

Maybe in some years when the fiat -> BTCD infrastructure is inplace, then there is some chances for what you talk about, but let us take things one step at a time.

The key is that there is hope now. Instead of year by year our privacy being eroded, now year by year we gain privacy. Even with just a few hundred users things become hard to correlate. With tens of thousands of users, it will be finding some floating cotton speck in a blizzard. then if you are able to actually get one, it is all encrypted scrambles

clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 02:39:16 PM

You are first to make such a good analysis, on a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate this?

James

I'd say you did alright for a "simple c programmer"  Grin

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
bob131313

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 02:45:01 PM

Am I missing anything?

cashout can also be handled by the telepod creator, which makes a closed loop. I am also working on automated tradebots to deal with some of the more dangerous parts, but not all these details are finished as the important part is the main network and I know there are several solutions for the entry/exit
By using other anon coins to feed into the system, it allows for much more private seeding of the initial telepods and once we get multiple other anon coins combined with some realtime trading  of them, the attacker wouldnt even know which coin network the telepod value ended up.

I dont think there is much network fingerprinting possible due to the M of N fragmenting of each telepod. Using M of 40% of N (can be up to 254) and 85% probability to route, then for 4 hops you still end up with half the fragments getting to the destination, which is plenty to reconstruct. So I am envisioning some sort of constant white noise of the M of N fragments and since it is all encrypted not really a way to tell if it is a telepod being originated or rerouted or even if it is the destination since 15% of the destinations dont reroute! Was it the destination or was it the 15% random discard?

I am also not sure if you realize that the receiver is the one that controls the timing of the blockchain event and that this is randomly delayed by up to a max delay specified by each user. So not possible to even know what set of cloning events are actually part of the anon set when trying to correlate it with the sender. The sending anon set is potentially much bigger due to the possibility of aging telepods for a long time and even a minimal amount of trusted teleports (no cloning) will allow a telepod to end up anywhere. So the anon set for the sender is close to all the cloning events since the telepod was cloned but of course this is only being correlated to a guess as to the potential receivers.

With there being only txout/txin without any history other than all the clonings that just go back to telepod creator, the timing analysis is the best chance for correlations, but with each telepod resembling more a quantum wave function than a discrete particle, I think this is quite difficult

James

Thank you for the info.  
Personally I give it a 7 or 8 since it simplifies the current method of, send alt/btc to random small exchange that won't be in business next week, pray they don't steal your funds,  transfer to new wallet.

I like that it is a closed system, I think there will be a good market for selling telepods of various standard denoms as this will add a nice anon level.
As for fingerprinting, I was meaning more the fact that someone is running a teleport server on their isp. Guess you could route all traffic as https or wrap it so it looks live video traffic so it meets average traffic appearance.

One of the things to consider. You have a neighborhood of 100,000 people all using the internet to go on facebook, youtube, skype and watch streaming movies. This is 99.9% of traffic and makes a nice graph if it is being monitored. The 4 people that are using tor, irc, ssh etc all stand out like a giant blip on the chart.  So those people get the attention focused on them a bit more...hey..why is bob using tor...he must be a bad guy, so LE might say we should look at his life a little closer and see if we can charge him on one of the 100 laws he doesn't know he is breaking.  Or in a fun world...your isp says..I am sorry your traffic meets certain patterns and we are not willing to subject our shareholders to potential liability. 10 years from now, the only thing you can do online is to go to 'approved' sites. Give me hookers, blow and free information to anything I might want to learn even if it doesn't conform to my socialite neighbors or give me death.

So a way to prevent this type of fingerprinting of traffic is to encapsulate the traffic in a nice header from another type. Deep packet inspection is mean.

Just my random thoughts on this.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 03:01:32 PM

Am I missing anything?

James

Thank you for the info.  
Personally I give it a 7 or 8 since it simplifies the current method of, send alt/btc to random small exchange that won't be in business next week, pray they don't steal your funds,  transfer to new wallet.

I like that it is a closed system, I think there will be a good market for selling telepods of various standard denoms as this will add a nice anon level.
As for fingerprinting, I was meaning more the fact that someone is running a teleport server on their isp. Guess you could route all traffic as https or wrap it so it looks live video traffic so it meets average traffic appearance.

One of the things to consider. You have a neighborhood of 100,000 people all using the internet to go on facebook, youtube, skype and watch streaming movies. This is 99.9% of traffic and makes a nice graph if it is being monitored. The 4 people that are using tor, irc, ssh etc all stand out like a giant blip on the chart.  So those people get the attention focused on them a bit more...hey..why is bob using tor...he must be a bad guy, so LE might say we should look at his life a little closer and see if we can charge him on one of the 100 laws he doesn't know he is breaking.  Or in a fun world...your isp says..I am sorry your traffic meets certain patterns and we are not willing to subject our shareholders to potential liability. 10 years from now, the only thing you can do online is to go to 'approved' sites. Give me hookers, blow and free information to anything I might want to learn even if it doesn't conform to my socialite neighbors or give me death.

So a way to prevent this type of fingerprinting of traffic is to encapsulate the traffic in a nice header from another type. Deep packet inspection is mean.

Just my random thoughts on this.
Thank you for honest feedback, a 7.5 yes that is reasonable assessment for this first version
We are thinking alike, tor is immediate redflag so it was rejected immediately, but onion is nice, so I had roll my own.

I considered using steganography to make it really a video stream, by making it an endless loop of something like a rough ocean, you could encode quite a bit into the chaotic patterns, or maybe make it some sort of porn feed, then it would go totally unnoticed Smiley

However, the bandwidth use and CPU consumption just seemed a bit too much for version one. I hope I have time to push this to a 10! I hope you will visit occasionally for some more great feedbacks.

James

mellorbo

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:04:01 PM

And now you got banned Sad

I can only say stay away from cryptsy this exchange is the last i would use. I had to use it last week and i would need to wait 1 week to have my BTCD Withdrawn from them. In the end i just used the old trick and made just over 1000 small transactions and it worked.

haha yea a total of 6 years 1 day ban combined from all accounts of mine. they get real but hurt when the truth is told in public. all i want is to get my funds and remove them from cryptsy and delete my account i will never use them again, they are useless and im sure there is something more sinister than the usual server mishaps lol
Timevortex

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:14:10 PM

Anyone know what is wrong with xpool.ca .  The btcd payouts are still stuck in confirming.

mellorbo

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:16:45 PM

Anyone know what is wrong with xpool.ca .  The btcd payouts are still stuck in confirming.

i believe its due to the mess cryptsy is in atm with withdrawals
Pages: « 1 ... 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 [244] 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: