Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:09:21 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 [252] 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328439 times)
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:21:17 PM

James I think your mates over at xmr are a bit upset and trying to keep btcd price down. You cant hold this baby down much longer.. the leash is about to break.

Let them try, they will run out of BTC soon. Like you said, they can't hold this down much longer. And "down" is not actually a good term because this has been the most stable rise in crypto I have seen in regard of altcoins. Most (but not all) coins have a life cycle of about a week maximum : stealth and accumulation by whales -> public awareness  -> epic pump -> massive dump -> quickly fading into oblivion. This all takes place within 3 to 10 days.

With BTCD it's different alltogether, market interest and volume remain high and floors are increasingly higher. There is a demand for BTCD and there is nothing a couple of trolls with a few handfuls of BTC can do about it.

You actually believe this? That a group of Monero investors is working to keep BitcoinDark down?

Sometimes I forget this isn't the onion.

I know of one another coin that is actively suppressed by it's nearest competitor. So I cannot rule out the possibility unfortunately.

Except you have no evidence of BBR being suppressed, if that is what you're referring too.

No I wasn't referring to BBR.

Fair enough, I can't imagine it's the monero people doing it though...
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:43:57 PM

James I think your mates over at xmr are a bit upset and trying to keep btcd price down. You cant hold this baby down much longer.. the leash is about to break.

Let them try, they will run out of BTC soon. Like you said, they can't hold this down much longer. And "down" is not actually a good term because this has been the most stable rise in crypto I have seen in regard of altcoins. Most (but not all) coins have a life cycle of about a week maximum : stealth and accumulation by whales -> public awareness  -> epic pump -> massive dump -> quickly fading into oblivion. This all takes place within 3 to 10 days.

With BTCD it's different alltogether, market interest and volume remain high and floors are increasingly higher. There is a demand for BTCD and there is nothing a couple of trolls with a few handfuls of BTC can do about it.

You actually believe this? That a group of Monero investors is working to keep BitcoinDark down?

I know of one another coin that is actively suppressed by it's nearest competitor. So I cannot rule out the possibility unfortunately.

Except you have no evidence of BBR being suppressed, if that is what you're referring too.

I know one thing - that we can not know for sure what is going on, who is doing what and what "group" someone selling or buying belongs to. Unless he tells us. Threats and speculations don't lead us anywhere so I suggest we all stop that. The awesome work James and lots of other people are doing here is enough of an answer. Lets not get pulled into negative feelings.

I agree.

My opinion is that a lot of this dumping and control could be instigated by large Bitcoin holders that want to ruin the alt coin space, sometimes I feel that the constant scaremongering aimed at Monero isn't coming from Bytecoin followers, but rather Bitcoin followers.

The last thing any Bitcoin follower wants is for any alt to actually be accepted as a true alternative, that would possibly open the floodgates and create precedent for more alts to overtake Bitcoin.
SHossain

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:54:43 PM

I hope you all got some of that nice bargain BTCD!
these whales will shrink to dolphins soon Smiley

Sadly, I bought some at 0.098 and 0.0905 yesterday night. Didn't want to wait as soon as I transferred my BTC to trex. If I would wait until today morning could get some more coins with the same amount of BTC. I'm not a good trader, so sent them in my wallet to stake. Still don't mind paying that much, because price sure will go up soon.

Don't sell your coins, just HODL! If possible buy some more. Great investment for the future and you will be happy.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:05:28 PM

I know one thing - that we can not know for sure what is going on, who is doing what and what "group" someone selling or buying belongs to. Unless he tells us. Threats and speculations don't lead us anywhere so I suggest we all stop that. The awesome work James and lots of other people are doing here is enough of an answer. Lets not get pulled into negative feelings.

I agree.

My opinion is that a lot of this dumping and control could be instigated by large Bitcoin holders that want to ruin the alt coin space, sometimes I feel that the constant scaremongering aimed at Monero isn't coming from Bytecoin followers, but rather Bitcoin followers.

The last thing any Bitcoin follower wants is for any alt to actually be accepted as a true alternative, that would possibly open the floodgates and create precedent for more alts to overtake Bitcoin.

99% of money is coming through btc.
I doubt that bitcoin will not succeed. In every case bitcoiners could switch coins or fork btc - if there would be an altcoin dethroning btc.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:02:02 PM

Does "BitcoinDark" have any working anonymity at all? All I see is whitepaper, but no product. Seems like just another dev pump and dump to me.

JimmyJones

Activity: 101
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:06:39 PM

Does "BitcoinDark" have any working anonymity at all? All I see is whitepaper, but no product. Seems like just another dev pump and dump to me.

Read the entire thread and draw your own conclusions. BTCD is the furthest thing from a P&D coin my friend

JJ

FreakBro #2  AKA.... cardcoder
ShortBTCD

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:08:32 PM

ShortBTCD going dark for the evening (but we'll be back in the morning and operating normally through the weekend).  As always, if you want to get in or out of a position when there are no issuer bids/asks on the order book, just put up your own bid/ask at the appropriate price and message me to let me know it's there.
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:09:30 PM

Read the entire thread and draw your own conclusions. BTCD is the furthest thing from a P&D coin my friend

JJ

I've skimmed through many of the previous pages...there isn't even a Beta yet.

So far it's all talk with no product, aka Pump and Dump.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:10:43 PM

Code is online and you can inspect, teleporting not active yet.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
threecats

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:18:19 PM

JJ

If that's your conclusion, feel free to move on : -)  Further posts would seem to indicate you have the rather tiresome agenda of trying to pick a fight. Completely unnecessary. Good luck in whatever coin you feel is more worthy.
Mr.Joker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:21:30 PM

JJ

Feel free to NOT buy this coin.

Have a nice day!
xtent

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:22:35 PM

JJ

Bored?  Waiting for RC5?  Worried about the flaws in RC4?
If you don't like what this coin is going to bring to the table, by all means do not invest.
Please come back in a month and revisit this thread.
teamlottowin

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 08:30:59 PM

bought @ 78 - 80 level during the last crash and price is back down to 80

should I start to worry >?

Buy Adidas with Crypto: https://shop.moolah.io/Buzz
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:36:00 PM

No

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

threecats

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:37:55 PM

you could panic and play into the hands of whoever is trying to force it down to their bid at 75
john_thecapn

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:40:07 PM

Greetings all.

I am having a problem with my balance (wallet) not wanting to stake.  All of my transaction are over 24hrs, and the oldest is about a week.
Wallet is synced and online/unlocked (for staking only).  I see others have had this problem, but what corrected their problem?

Thanks for the help.
paulthetafy

Activity: 820

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:52:42 PM

JJ

Feel free to NOT buy this coin.

Have a nice day!
Lets not be too quick to attack newcomers to the thread. He has a legitimate point regarding the lack of a publicly released wallet with all of the features in the white paper, and 250 pages is too much for people to read to find out exactly what the situation is.

So no these features have not been released yet, but the work-in-progress source code is available on GitHub. Most importantly, James has been giving regular and verbose updates in his testing including debug dumps showing what's working and what's not. Teleport is working via loop back (sending to yourself) and has been tested with non btcd coins too. AFAIK the wallet is being worked on now to integrate teleport into it. Not everyone is tech savvy enough to follow James' and the other devs progress, so you will just have to trust the opinion of someone like me when I say that it is very close to being released. And when it and the other features of the "super network" are released, it will be revolutionary for crypto.  This is why this coin has not followed the typical pump and dump cycle (except for a few whales trying to make a splash), and why so many people are excited by it.

From an investor/speculator perspective, if - no WHEN - all of these features are released, the price range over the last few weeks (0.005-0.013) will look distant. I would expect 0.02 to happen quickly, and wouldn't be surprised if we saw spikes over 0.05 in the days/weeks that follow the release. Long term, if the adaptation by other coins is significant, 0.1 and beyond is certainly not off the cards. Remember BTCD is in relatively short supply, returns 5% in stake per annum AND it will receive revenue from teleport fees, anon credit card, instantDEX etc. With that in mind, you shouldn't be too concerned about the current price. It's a ridiculously good buy at anything like the current ranges, which is why the smart money is just buying and holding.
ApexEvo

Activity: 280

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:55:56 PM

Sorry for being total noob. I have noticed mgwBTCD on NXT AE, I just want to know what is point of owning that particular asset. Will there be some kind of dividents? If so, how does it works?

BTW. Darkota is (well known) Darkcoin troll, but you probably know it.  Wink

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.TWITTER.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TELEGRAM

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████     
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
.SLACK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
REDDIT
f
.FACEBOOK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
LINKEDIN

threecats

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:59:49 PM

Sorry for being total noob. I have noticed mgwBTCD on NXT AE, I just want to know what is point of owning that particular asset. Will there be some kind of dividents? If so, how does it works?

We know, but just mentioning other coins seems to start endless tit for tat. I for one am glad that no one rose to the bait. This thread is so much better without that sort of crap.
ApexEvo

Activity: 280

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:06:50 PM

Hi ApexEvo, 1 mgwBTCD represents 1 BTCD (1:1) and you can convert it from the asset into the "real" coin via the multigateway developed by james - see multigateway.com.

Ah, I see. Now it all makes sense.  Wink
Thanx

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.TWITTER.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TELEGRAM

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████     
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
.SLACK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
REDDIT
f
.FACEBOOK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
LINKEDIN

Pages: « 1 ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 [252] 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: