Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:42:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328438 times)
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 09:20:49 PM

1000 BTCD bounty

I have outlined one controlled test: https://forum.thesupernet.org/index.php?topic=76.msg995#msg995

Hopefully there can be others identified.

So, the help I need is for ideas on how to crack the Teleport and also to implement such attacks.

Teleport uses public blockchains so the cloning (spend) events are visible on the blockchain. The part that makes it anon is that all teleports go from onetime use addresses to onetime use addresses. Effectively making a chain of tx without anything to link it to any actual person. Short of someone announcing (or being monitored) that a specific tx was theirs, I cannot think of any ways to correlate a spend on the blockchain with an account.

maybe if a node is monitored at the packet level, the signed tx being sent to the blockchain can be captured? To work around this, we would need to use remote pushtx nodes, eg. nodes that accept encrypted onions with signedtx inside and they submit to the coin's network.

For now, I want to make sure that even if the usage of the onion network is perfectly logged by the attacker, that the anon set is still all cloning events during the clonesmear timewindow. Of course, with each user's clonesmear parameter settable, I dont think it is even possible to know which tx are part of the anon set. And as usage grows, the anon set grows without any extra load on blockchains

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 10:25:00 PM

Got the kademlia API added to the parser:

static char *ping[] = { (char *)ping_func, "ping", "V", "NXT", "pubkey", 0 };
    static char *store[] = { (char *)store_func, "store", "V", "NXT", "pubkey", "key", "value", 0 };
    static char *findnode[] = { (char *)findnode_func, "findnode", "V", "NXT", "pubkey", "key", 0 };
    static char *findvalue[] = { (char *)findvalue_func, "findvalue", "V", "NXT", "pubkey", "key", 0 };

http://www.cs.rice.edu/Conferences/IPTPS02/109.pdf is the reference doc. Sort of the classic DHT algo and solves the reliable routing issue. I just have the front end and the k_bucket code implemented, next is the actual kademlia protocol

James

FlipPoker

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 11:50:52 PM

Can someone add my site into the OP in the games section?

I will be offering 100% of all house winnings for the rest of Oct to the Devs as a donation.

Flip Poker now accepts BTCD - Free 10k sat BTCD EVERY MINUTE from faucet!

http://btcd.flippoker.net | All BTCD won during Beta will be donated to the BTCD Devs. Please dont invest for now (Beta)
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 06:33:09 AM

static char *store[] = { (char *)store_func, "store", "V", "NXT", "pubkey", "key", "value", 0 };
    static char *findnode[] = { (char *)findnode_func, "findnode", "V", "NXT", "pubkey", "key", 0 };
    static char *findvalue[] = { (char *)findvalue_func, "findvalue", "V", "NXT", "pubkey", "key", 0 };

http://www.cs.rice.edu/Conferences/IPTPS02/109.pdf is the reference doc. Sort of the classic DHT algo and solves the reliable routing issue. I just have the front end and the k_bucket code implemented, next is the actual kademlia protocol

James
I coded most of the Kademlia DHT API today:

http://www.cs.rice.edu/Conferences/IPTPS02/109.pdf

I have ping, pong, findnode, havenode coded and about to do the store and findvalue API

I am hoping someone will be able to make a GUI that uses this API and allows people to make money by letting others use their HDD. I want to use the auction process to set the pricing. For example, people that want to store data would bid B per month to store their data. People that want to rent space would set the amount of space they can make available. At the end of the month, the total amount paid would get allocated to the people whose HDD got used.

Something like that. Anyway, I dont have time to do this, especially if it has to be all GUI fancy.

Also, I want to build this right into the SuperNET itself, so no new asset for this. The revenues from this would be shared between the user and SuperNET. The GUI would be an extra tab in the SuperNET GUI.

I will pay reasonable bounty for the GUI and billing code

James

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 08:30:58 AM

James
I coded most of the Kademlia DHT API today:

http://www.cs.rice.edu/Conferences/IPTPS02/109.pdf

I have ping, pong, findnode, havenode coded and about to do the store and findvalue API

I am hoping someone will be able to make a GUI that uses this API and allows people to make money by letting others use their HDD. I want to use the auction process to set the pricing. For example, people that want to store data would bid B per month to store their data. People that want to rent space would set the amount of space they can make available. At the end of the month, the total amount paid would get allocated to the people whose HDD got used.

Something like that. Anyway, I dont have time to do this, especially if it has to be all GUI fancy.

Also, I want to build this right into the SuperNET itself, so no new asset for this. The revenues from this would be shared between the user and SuperNET. The GUI would be an extra tab in the SuperNET GUI.

I will pay reasonable bounty for the GUI and billing code

James

latest status: https://forum.thesupernet.org/index.php?topic=66.msg1030#msg1030

tl:dr new DHT method should allow much more reliable and scalable connections with peers and this means reliable onion routing and all app layers.

vanagandre

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:40:51 PM

Did this, but my wallet still isn't syncing... Another solution?

If I open up my Debug window, and look at Network; Number of connections, I've got 0. How do I establish a connection? I think this might be the issue.

1) download new wallet.

2 ) back up old wallet.

3) windows start menu type %appdata%  this brings up your roaming folder.

4) navigate to bitcoindark folder

5) make new folder in here called backup, copy all contents of folder here. use this to restore original files if things go wrong.

6) delete everything except wallet.dat and your backup folder.

7) right click, create new text document.

Cool paste node info from OP

9) save as ...  switch choice from "text file" to "all files"   bitcoindark.conf

10) go to new wallet download

11) unrar and click on wallet to open. it assembles the missing files in your appdata folder.

12) make a cup of coffee, wait for wallet to sync blockchain
piratebenn

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 02:33:45 AM

vanagandre, i suddenly got a problem where my wallet was no longer working/wouldnt synch suddenly out of the blue, i was using a BTCD wallet version from maybe 3 months ago or so, i followed these same steps in the OP, backed up my wallet.dat and downloaded and ran the new client (put the copy and paste .conf file in the app roaming directory) and boom it started working again no problem. thank god.

i have no idea why it stopped working in the first place, but after opening it and letting it load and get stuck at the same place for a week or so, i thought alright, i better have a look and do something to get it working right, even tho theres no reason i know that broke it in the first place. following the instructions in the OP under wallet sync problems exactly sorted the problem. i know you said you have done this and it didnt work, so you want any other solutions, but id say give it one more try and be 100% that you follow the instructions to the letter.(if it still doest work, i hope someone else can help you, and m sure they will if they can, good luck!)

and have a nice night.

(p.s. this is my first post ever!)

(p.s.s. im quite drunk! but i think that made it even more urgent that i helped if possible, someone else who was trying to used this excellent, yet to be realized coin)

to the future!
SHossain

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 10:29:36 AM

vanagandre, i suddenly got a problem where my wallet was no longer working/wouldnt synch suddenly out of the blue, i was using a BTCD wallet version from maybe 3 months ago or so, i followed these same steps in the OP, backed up my wallet.dat and downloaded and ran the new client (put the copy and paste .conf file in the app roaming directory) and boom it started working again no problem. thank god.

i have no idea why it stopped working in the first place, but after opening it and letting it load and get stuck at the same place for a week or so, i thought alright, i better have a look and do something to get it working right, even tho theres no reason i know that broke it in the first place. following the instructions in the OP under wallet sync problems exactly sorted the problem. i know you said you have done this and it didnt work, so you want any other solutions, but id say give it one more try and be 100% that you follow the instructions to the letter.(if it still doest work, i hope someone else can help you, and m sure they will if they can, good luck!)

and have a nice night.

(p.s. this is my first post ever!)

(p.s.s. im quite drunk! but i think that made it even more urgent that i helped if possible, someone else who was trying to used this excellent, yet to be realized coin)

to the future!

Nice first post piratebenn. Welcome to the forum.

I neven had problem with the wallet and sync issue, except once. When I downloaded and installed in my friends PC to show him. The sync didn't start quickly due to not connected to any nodes. I had everything set up correctly from the OP. After trying different things I left it open for ~30 minutes. The BTCD wallet got connected and synced 100% automatically. Couldn't figure out what happened but worked at the end.

The privacyServer testing going quite nice as well. We are able to send and receive messages directly from nodes. Expect good things perhaps in the near future.
Azeh (OP)

Activity: 441
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:40:24 AM

Wow, Bitcoin getting absolutely hammered.  Was quite a shock when I turned on my computer this morning.
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:23:30 PM

Wow, Bitcoin getting absolutely hammered.  Was quite a shock when I turned on my computer this morning.
I think It was Bob Dylan that said...."The times there are a changing"......So mutate or die........Bitcoin proved it can done........ BTCD will show how it should be done

Jon  Cool

PS to James and everyone helping a big THANK YOU

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 01:53:34 PM

Wow, Bitcoin getting absolutely hammered.  Was quite a shock when I turned on my computer this morning.

Wait for the panic it is coming soon urghs...

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
cloudboy

Activity: 690

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:19:07 PM

Wow, Bitcoin getting absolutely hammered.  Was quite a shock when I turned on my computer this morning.

30k BTC sell wall on Bitstamp

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2id042/big_dumps_coming_40k_btc_on_the_move_early/
Aptidude

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:50:31 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2id042/big_dumps_coming_40k_btc_on_the_move_early/

This seems like someone trying to create a panic sell.

If I was trying to cash out 30k BTC:

1) I would do it in an off-exchange trade

2) If I did sell on bitstamp, I would sell in chunks of 1000 BTC to avoid crashing the price.
PhilipMorris

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 05:40:10 PM

Seems like not only BTC is taking huge hits today... We really need the release of Teleport and SuperNET to get out of this negative spiral I guess ...
visual111

Activity: 493

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:00:05 PM

Seems like not only BTC is taking huge hits today... We really need the release of Teleport and SuperNET to get out of this negative spiral I guess ...

0.0150 was hype, it's just falling back down to where it should be

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

cloudboy

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:12:07 PM

This seems like someone trying to create a panic sell.

If I was trying to cash out 30k BTC:

1) I would do it in an off-exchange trade

2) If I did sell on bitstamp, I would sell in chunks of 1000 BTC to avoid crashing the price.

Exactly, I was thinking that too.

No way would someone expect that order to be filled.
cloudboy

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:15:07 PM

It's coming soon. Great progress being made! It seems James also just implemented Kademlia network into SuperNET. This is going to be very interesting  Grin

https://forum.thesupernet.org/index.php?topic=154.msg1071#msg1071

https://github.com/jl777/libjl777/commit/2b90354bd3ec4aa52e8ca3b50cb10806d597f999

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kademlia
Mr.Joker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:47:28 PM

Don't forget that a lot of people with money in alts exchanged them for BTC>FIAT because of the bitcoin price drop.
Qwitnix

Activity: 23

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:13:30 PM

Did anyone else test the windows installer yet (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=684090.msg8918376#msg8918376)?

I see some posts again from people that are having trouble / questions about the install. This might help easing up the install.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 11:03:55 PM

[18:01] <jl777> just pushed a new version
[18:01] <jl777> ./BitcoinDarkd SuperNET '{"requestType":"ping","destip":"209.126.70.159"}'
[18:02] <jl777> you can now do a DHT ping, which should update internal routing table according to kademlia, but most importantly open a path to sendmessage to the other node
[18:02] <jl777> only ping is tested now, but I finally got it stable after a couple dozen builds so good time to push a release
[18:03] <jl777> please update with ./m_unix or you can just build the libjl777.so and update /usr/bin with make_shared in btcd/libjl777

James

Pages: « 1 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: