Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:47:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 [352] 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328438 times)
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 10:39:20 PM

People stop dumping you  participate in the project which has never yet  happened  Angry
Its more than anonymity  which  copy/paste coins feed you
This is the best coin ever  Smiley

meh, let people dump if they wish it's not going to hurt the long term development of btcd and supernet.  I'm sure all the people that sold btc below $300 are kicking themselves right now.  I don't see this situation being any different.

I'm sure those people who didn't sell BTCD at 0.015 are kicking themselves too (myself included).  All the amazing dev that's in progress doesn't seem to be enough to attract buy support, simple as that.  As a supporter and holder since day one, I feel I have the right to suggest that perhaps it's time to stop adding new projects to SuperNET and new features to BTCD and just get some of the existing ones tested and released? Or at least give some explanation to investors as to what the roadblocks to releasing each feature are?  I should add that I have increased my holdings 10% overnight too, so I'm not losing faith.

+1 well said
So I shouldnt make it so people can communicate with each other without divulging their IP address?
I come up with a breakthrough tech, get it tested (in 2 days) and the price goes down 25%. Makes sense.
I guess some people dont understand the magnitude of being able to not divulge your IP address while doing comms that use IP packets. In any case, how is making the privacyServers more private, a new project?

I have made releases with API functionality, where are the testers to test them? If people expect me to do all the coding and testing also, that is not the way it works. I cannot test on your nodes and the bugs would be in scenarios like that. The dev cannot sign off on the testing, it needs to be independently tested.

If you want things done sooner, then please help. When will the test servers be there? When will the testers test the API? When will the Windows build be done? When will the Mac build be done? When will the GUI be done?

These are things that I dont do, so maybe we need to have a project manager? I dont do that either but I have heard that some people do stuff like that.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 11:03:02 PM

jl777 is running ponzi and chance he's don't pay a penny in taxes
he could also running many illegal activities
if you tip jl777 information to the IRS to where his about chance you would collecting big reward for almost his entire assets

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
paulthetafy

Activity: 820

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:10:37 PM

People stop dumping you  participate in the project which has never yet  happened  Angry

meh, let people dump if they wish it's not going to hurt the long term development of btcd and supernet.  I'm sure all the people that sold btc below $300 are kicking themselves right now.  I don't see this situation being any different.

I'm sure those people who didn't sell BTCD at 0.015 are kicking themselves too (myself included).  All the amazing dev that's in progress doesn't seem to be enough to attract buy support, simple as that.  As a supporter and holder since day one, I feel I have the right to suggest that perhaps it's time to stop adding new projects to SuperNET and new features to BTCD and just get some of the existing ones tested and released? Or at least give some explanation to investors as to what the roadblocks to releasing each feature are?  I should add that I have increased my holdings 10% overnight too, so I'm not losing faith.

+1 well said
So I shouldnt make it so people can communicate with each other without divulging their IP address?
I come up with a breakthrough tech, get it tested (in 2 days) and the price goes down 25%. Makes sense.
I guess some people dont understand the magnitude of being able to not divulge your IP address while doing comms that use IP packets. In any case, how is making the privacyServers more private, a new project?

I have made releases with API functionality, where are the testers to test them? If people expect me to do all the coding and testing also, that is not the way it works. I cannot test on your nodes and the bugs would be in scenarios like that. The dev cannot sign off on the testing, it needs to be independently tested.

If you want things done sooner, then please help. When will the test servers be there? When will the testers test the API? When will the Windows build be done? When will the Mac build be done? When will the GUI be done?

These are things that I dont do, so maybe we need to have a project manager? I dont do that either but I have heard that some people do stuff like that.

James
James my apologies if that came across as an attack on you personally, it wasn't meant as such and there is more than one developer working on BTCD.   There are other BTCD projects being undertaken that have not materialized yet including things such as the new GUI and windows/mac builds, so I am simply asking for clarity on what is left to do before each feature is released.  It would be good to have someone here (yes a project manager!) list the tasks that are outstanding for each milestone and who is responsible for them.  It is not clear to some people that you (and I mean you and the other developers) are waiting for people from the community to carry out some of these tasks, and until people do so, features aren't going to get released.  I for one didn't know that until someone (not you and not the developers) does some testing of the API then teleport isn't getting released.  That's a pretty significant piece of information that needs to be driven home to the community and investors.  

As a side note, the work you have done over the last few days is a prime example of what I (and others) have confused as you starting something new, whereas you say it is part of the ongoing project.  I had no idea that making the privacyServers more private was a necessary requirement.  What other tasks are there on your to-do list?
paulthetafy

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:14:49 PM

James

These are the red flags guys I told you to get out of BTCD and into LTCD earlier Cheesy
He raised 4000 BTC from the SuperNET ICO but can't be bothered to spend any of it on outsourcing - instead YOU the community are to blame for not doing the developing!

I highly suggest getting into LTCD while it is still cheap, big things are in the works

This is a community-driven project so yes community members need to contribute.  Don't FUD.  I am asking for clarity on what outstanding tasks remain - either requiring community input or not - for before each feature can be completed.  And SuperNET funds are not there to be used for BTCD development so don't get into that either
apex944

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:20:51 PM

I had no idea that making the privacyServers more private was a necessary requirement.  What other tasks are there on your to-do list?

have you spent much time over at the SuperNet forum?  forum.thesupernet.org and/or are you getting the SuperNET Newsletter?
Far fewer pages with more "bang for the buck" content-wise than here. Give it a look-see.

paulthetafy

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:28:50 PM

I had no idea that making the privacyServers more private was a necessary requirement.  What other tasks are there on your to-do list?

PTF, have you spent much time over at the SuperNet forum?  forum.thesupernet.org and/or are you getting the SuperNET Newsletter?
Far fewer pages with more "bang for the buck" content-wise than here. Give it a look-see.
Yes to the newsletter - which doesn't answer any of my questions on BTCD and the information on the privacyServer work was released in the newsletter after the work was started.
No to the forum.  Perhaps I missed that the supernet forum is where BTCD community should look for information now.  I'll go join Smiley

damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:32:12 PM

James

These are the red flags guys I told you to get out of BTCD and into LTCD earlier Cheesy
He raised 4000 BTC from the SuperNET ICO but can't be bothered to spend any of it on outsourcing - instead YOU the community are to blame for not doing the developing!

I highly suggest getting into LTCD while it is still cheap, big things are in the works

And your first post had zero facts

lctd will be lucky to break 3k
Mr.Joker

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:14:40 AM

Please dump more, will buy everything Smiley
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:17:40 AM

Please dump more, will buy everything Smiley

This fella is on the ball, so many people are losing out by exiting right now, patience is a virtue !
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 12:47:01 AM

+1 well said

James
James my apologies if that came across as an attack on you personally, it wasn't meant as such and there is more than one developer working on BTCD.   There are other BTCD projects being undertaken that have not materialized yet including things such as the new GUI and windows/mac builds, so I am simply asking for clarity on what is left to do before each feature is released.  It would be good to have someone here (yes a project manager!) list the tasks that are outstanding for each milestone and who is responsible for them.  It is not clear to some people that you (and I mean you and the other developers) are waiting for people from the community to carry out some of these tasks, and until people do so, features aren't going to get released.  I for one didn't know that until someone (not you and not the developers) does some testing of the API then teleport isn't getting released.  That's a pretty significant piece of information that needs to be driven home to the community and investors.  

As a side note, the work you have done over the last few days is a prime example of what I (and others) have confused as you starting something new, whereas you say it is part of the ongoing project.  I had no idea that making the privacyServers more private was a necessary requirement.  What other tasks are there on your to-do list?

It wasnt a requirement to make the privacyServer's more private, but it solved a nagging issue and since I am basically waiting for the servers to be able to test the DHT in more real world conditions, there is no lost time as far as I am concerned. I am pretty sure the GUI will be the bottleneck for release and we need a common sense project manager to define what the GUI should do and then all the things that need to be done.

I hope people aren't expecting me to project manage GUI completion!
I have said many times that I dont do GUI, neither the coding, nor the project management for it.

so if you want a finished release sooner, rather than later, somebody needs to step up and be a project manager to get this pushed through.

I got the onion routing merged with the DHT, with just a few more tweaks and bugfixes and I think the low level networking is done. [but still have no confirmation or bug reports] Today I put in arbitrary task management so I can launch long term tasks internally very quickly. Before you start saying why am I adding more features, please understand this is just part of the code that is needed. Now with the new magicsend ability, this makes Teleport better, so even though I dont have to, I will port the Teleport to use the new found IP anon tech.

Not sure how many of you know about software development and the relative pace that I am coding at. Ask around and see if my progress is slow, even for doing stuff that has been done before. I am coding things never done before at a pace comparable to routine coding projects. I also dont work off of blueprints as I know I find improvements along the way. my goal is Teleport that is as anon as possible and now with magicsend, it seems that we will have unlinkable IP with unlinkable accts, so that feels like good enough for version 1.0 and I am coding toward the finish line. The last piece is the tracking of all teleports with automatic backups into the cloud. If I can get bug reports on the API's as I am releasing them we can be done this month. If I have to test it all myself, then it will take longer.

If this isnt good enough, there is always LTCD, I hear they have an amazingly good dev that puts me to shame.

James

ATC

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:39:31 AM

I want to do some testing tomorrow with more than half a dozen servers
any chance of getting at least a dozen running?

Is there any full document for the users to have a node up and help test? I found that so many nodes set up guides, scripts and threads in last December so as to prevent DDoS to Nxt.

BTW, why not buy nodes for the users to set up those servers with the working fund of SuperNET. If the document is ready and the nodes fee can be covered by SuperNET, there will be most probably more and more users taking party in the test.

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 01:54:04 AM

I want to do some testing tomorrow with more than half a dozen servers
any chance of getting at least a dozen running?

Is there any full document for the users to have a node up and help test? I found that so many nodes set up guides, scripts and threads in last December so as to prevent DDoS to Nxt.

BTW, why not buy nodes for the users to set up those servers with the working fund of SuperNET. If the document is ready and the nodes fee can be covered by SuperNET, there will be most probably more and more users taking party in the test.

there are guides
fees are covered

Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:55:53 AM

When the new features are eventually implemented this coin is going to become Boss !
randallface

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 02:22:21 AM

I have coins bought from .009 up to .015 and coins recently bought at around .008 and lower. Still holding because what James is doing is revolutionary. Real community members don't need me to tell them, they all know. Cheaper coins, more for us.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 02:26:00 AM

I have coins bought from .009 up to .015 and coins recently bought at around .008 and lower. Still holding because what James is doing is revolutionary. Real community members don't need me to tell them, they all know. Cheaper coins, more for us.
I am thinking of calling the new sending method "Telepathy" as it is similar to that in that there is no indication that any communication has happened. Just a communication between two people that nobody else knows is even happening. Actually quite a good explanation for what I have come up with.

Certainly as big an achievement as Teleport and much easier for people to analyze its details

James

positivehigh

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 03:27:48 AM

Telepathy? New idea  but people want to see first the launch of the past ideas. I wanna know if its time to sell so i can buy more when the price gets much lower. Im afraid that its too late to do now?
paulthetafy

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 03:51:11 AM

Telepathy? New idea  but people want to see first the launch of the past ideas. I wanna know if its time to sell so i can buy more when the price gets much lower. Im afraid that its too late to do now?
Time to sell??  The price has dropped > 50% from its ATH.  No now is not the time to sell.  It is time to buy!

What are you afraid of?  That the price will never recover higher than it is now?  If so then this coin is not for you.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 03:53:43 AM

Telepathy is part of the past ideas, just a really cool instantiation of it.
If you want a cut and paste coin, I highly recommend LTCD

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 03:56:46 AM

By the way, onion routing and DHT appears to be working in the test network. I havent seen a crash all day and once two nodes are in contact, I havent seen any decryption problems and I am using up to 7 onion layers

it is a test network but running on the mainnets

As we get more people using it, we will push the limits and if it holds up under load, then it is near ready for larger and larger deployment

James

jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 04:32:21 AM

By the way, onion routing and DHT appears to be working in the test network. I havent seen a crash all day and once two nodes are in contact, I havent seen any decryption problems and I am using up to 7 onion layers

it is a test network but running on the mainnets

As we get more people using it, we will push the limits and if it holds up under load, then it is near ready for larger and larger deployment

James

THANK YOU sounds fantabulisticly awesome, great work

Jon  Grin

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
Pages: « 1 ... 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 [352] 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: