Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:15:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 [393] 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328438 times)
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 02:40:25 PM

Hi!

Everyone with sync problems - please try adding the following lines to your BitcoinDark.conf:

addnode=seeds.altcoin.center
addnode=seeds.altcoincenter.eu
addnode=seeds.altcoincenter.us

addnode=192.99.111.227
addnode=198.50.151.86
addnode=5.196.226.54
addnode=5.196.29.188

- Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center

Can also use:

try nodes:

addnode=ps00.bitcoindark.ca
addnode=ps01.bitcoindark.ca
addnode=ps02.bitcoindark.ca
addnode=ps03.bitcoindark.ca
addnode=ps04.bitcoindark.ca
addnode=ps05.bitcoindark.ca
addnode=ps06.bitcoindark.ca
addnode=ps07.bitcoindark.ca
addnode=ps08.bitcoindark.ca
addnode=ps09.bitcoindark.ca

To give it a kickstart.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cloudboy

Activity: 690
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 03:45:23 PM

Idiot dumpers on bittrex...
ralexvalex1

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:00:03 PM

Idiot dumpers on bittrex...

I am sure they just dump to convert into SupetNET. I also had those thoughts about a month ago. SuperNET gives dividends right now at this very moment, price is stable and backed up. On the other hand, BTCD is just staking at the moment, price jumps, bots rage = no stability.

This coin will either be huge success or huge disappointment. In the end decided to leave it stake. Only two options, right? LOL.

coininvestor

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:37:49 PM

What exactly is it you are supposed to do now if your wallet is slow to sync?  anybody? Huh a tutorial would be nice..

Slow to sync? or not syncing at all?

If you're on a windows machine you need to download the new config file found on the OP and copy it to your bitcoindark folder.

1) Go to windows start menu type %appdata%  this brings up your roaming folder.

2) Navigate to bitcoindark folder

3) Download the Config file from OP and put into wallet folder

If your on a mac, I've been able to connect to more peers without the config file, however the mac client is pretty slow to sync for the first time.  Just leave it running for a few hours.

Ok, thanks for the information, I should be able to handle that.  But listen, I have a full time job that is not on the computer so when you say "OP" I have no idea what you're talking about.  I guess I'm showing my ignorance here.  I searched it and couldn't find anything about OP.  So, I don't know where to find this config file.
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 05:02:44 PM

What exactly is it you are supposed to do now if your wallet is slow to sync?  anybody? Huh a tutorial would be nice..

If you're on a windows machine you need to download the new config file found on the OP and copy it to your bitcoindark folder.

If your on a mac, I've been able to connect to more peers without the config file, however the mac client is pretty slow to sync for the first time.  Just leave it running for a few hours.

Ok, thanks for the information, I should be able to handle that.  But listen, I have a full time job that is not on the computer so when you say "OP" I have no idea what you're talking about.  I guess I'm showing my ignorance here.  I searched it and couldn't find anything about OP.  So, I don't know where to find this config file.

It's the first post in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=684090.0

Not sure, what it means... maybe "Original Post"?

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
coininvestor

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 05:47:32 PM

It's the first post in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=684090.0

Ok Got it.  I should have seen that.  Thanks
coininvestor

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 06:34:01 PM

Well I did all of the above steps and it's still slow as molasses.   
Azeh (OP)

Activity: 441
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 06:40:25 PM

Yes, it means the original post or the first post on the first page of the thread.  Sorry about the confusion.
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 07:17:28 PM

1) Go to windows start menu type %appdata%  this brings up your roaming folder.

If your on a mac, I've been able to connect to more peers without the config file, however the mac client is pretty slow to sync for the first time.  Just leave it running for a few hours.

Ok, thanks for the information, I should be able to handle that.  But listen, I have a full time job that is not on the computer so when you say "OP" I have no idea what you're talking about.  I guess I'm showing my ignorance here.  I searched it and couldn't find anything about OP.  So, I don't know where to find this config file.
He's referring to the Opening Post (or first posting) on this thread.

I'll try adding those node's into my config file to see if that resolves the syncing issue.

Just added trusted nodes into my .conf file from OP.  Connected to 6 peers currently and still not syncing :/

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
altcoin.center

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 07:18:00 PM

OP refers to "original post".

You are pointing to a very true problem that is common among the whole crypto currency scene: things are still happening and instructions written from a strongly technical point of view. Even someone like myself who has a firm background in IT systems design had to spend lots of time figuring out how this stuff works. The information is out there but it's fragmented and usually not definitive.

I intend to do something to fix this issue in the Altcoin.Center context, providing an information package targeted for the common folks. There needs to be much more understandable instructions about this all if crypto is to be made a mainstream thing.

- Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center

Altcoin.Center - Hard Core Crypto Professionals: https://altcoin.center/
Ridiculously Secure - The Ultimate Crypto Wallet Vault: https://altcoin.center/ridiculous/
Crypto Shop: Only the highest quality - only with cryptos! https://cryptoshop.altcoin.center/
altcoin.center

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 07:24:07 PM

Ok, thanks for the information, I should be able to handle that.  But listen, I have a full time job that is not on the computer so when you say "OP" I have no idea what you're talking about.  I guess I'm showing my ignorance here.  I searched it and couldn't find anything about OP.  So, I don't know where to find this config file.

I'll try adding those node's into my config file to see if that resolves the syncing issue.

Adding the node information to the config file should help a lot.

It's not quite clear though where the config file is, or does it even exist in the first place.

If you're using Windows then the location of the file is C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\BitcoinDark

By default Windows Explorer is not showing hidden folders, and since AppData is hidden, you will have to go to the View pane in the Windows Explorer first, and make sure that Hidden items is checked in the toolbar.

The config file does not exist by default either, so you may need to create it. The file is an ordinary text file and it should be given the name BitcoinDark.conf. You can create the file using, for example, Notepad.

Much more detailed instructions are still needed but I hope the above gets everyone with sync problems going. Please ask for further info if needed.

You can also speed up the initial sync by downloading this file and putting it to the same data folder mentioned above: http://altcoin.center/blk/btcd/blk0001.dat

Yours,

Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center

Altcoin.Center - Hard Core Crypto Professionals: https://altcoin.center/
Ridiculously Secure - The Ultimate Crypto Wallet Vault: https://altcoin.center/ridiculous/
Crypto Shop: Only the highest quality - only with cryptos! https://cryptoshop.altcoin.center/
coininvestor

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 07:43:18 PM

Adding the node information to the config file should help a lot.

It's not quite clear though where the config file is, or does it even exist in the first place.

If you're using Windows then the location of the file is C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\BitcoinDark

By default Windows Explorer is not showing hidden folders, and since AppData is hidden, you will have to go to the View pane in the Windows Explorer first, and make sure that Hidden items is checked in the toolbar.

The config file does not exist by default either, so you may need to create it. The file is an ordinary text file and it should be given the name BitcoinDark.conf. You can create the file using, for example, Notepad.

Much more detailed instructions are still needed but I hope the above gets everyone with sync problems going. Please ask for further info if needed.

You can also speed up the initial sync by downloading this file and putting it to the same data folder mentioned above: http://altcoin.center/blk/btcd/blk0001.dat

Yours,

Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center

I agree that if there are steps that need to be taken above simply installing the wallet then those should be outlined specifically on the website.  Hopefully someone who knows what they are doing can remedy that. 

As for modifying the BitcoinDark.conf file and putting that in the appdata, I did all of the above and the wallet is still slow.   There is no change whatsoever from performing the above steps.  My wallet was normal until about two weeks ago and then all of the sudden it started running slow.  It may even be slower after adding lines to the config file.  I don't know.  It shouldn't take four hours to download 1000 blocks of blockchain.  Nothing has changed on my end so maybe it's just growing pains with all the development that has been going on.   
nwfella
Legendary

Well hello there!

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:10:11 PM

Adding trusted node's listed in OP has not resulted in my wallet syncing properly either Sad

Gimme the crypto!!
durdur23

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:31:54 PM

What's the difference b/w adding altcoin center's additional nodes and not adding it?
I got lazy and didn't add the nodes, but I am staking fine so I am just wondering.
Thanks
Azeh (OP)

Activity: 441
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 10:08:40 PM

Adding trusted node's listed in OP has not resulted in my wallet syncing properly either Sad

Hey nwfella,

I'm not sure what's going on with your wallet. 

BTCDdev should be able to help with any wallet issues.
nwfella
Legendary

Well hello there!

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 10:17:32 PM

Hey nwfella,

I'm not sure what's going on with your wallet. 

BTCDdev should be able to help with any wallet issues.
Hey Azeh.  Finally managed to get it synced properly after adding additional nodes specified in OP it just took sometime to actually start syncing.  It looks like the root of the cause might've been the systems local clock getting out of sync somehow.  Looks like all is well again Smiley

Gimme the crypto!!
nwfella
Legendary

Well hello there!

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 10:19:14 PM

What's the difference b/w adding altcoin center's additional nodes and not adding it?
I got lazy and didn't add the nodes, but I am staking fine so I am just wondering.
Thanks
My understanding is that if you don't specifically list the nodes you want added via either addnode or connect rpc parameters that the system basically queries all currently open nodes and connects with as many as possible unless -maxconnections parameter is specified.  Basically, either you provide IP addresses to trusted nodes (that you know have valid blockchain) or you trust bitcoindark-qt to find appropriate nodes for you to connect to.

Gimme the crypto!!
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 10:22:42 PM

Thanks
My understanding is that if you don't specifically list the nodes you want added via either addnode or connect rpc parameters that the system basically queries all currently open nodes and connects with as many as possible unless -maxconnections parameter is specified.  Basically, either you provide IP addresses to trusted nodes (that you know have valid blockchain) or you trust bitcoindark-qt to find appropriate nodes for you to connect to.

adding addnodes doesn't limit you to just those nodes nor should you consider them  "trusted". Adding some simply tells your wallet a list of known nodes to try first and saves the wallet from having to discover active nodes and try each one, which is why sometimes it takes a while to initially sync a wallet for the first time. This can be problematic on machines that are behind firewalls/internal networks.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 11:34:04 PM

My wallet syncs right...just fired it up and loaded the blockchain in just an half an hour
nwfella
Legendary

Well hello there!

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 12:04:46 AM

Thanks
My understanding is that if you don't specifically list the nodes you want added via either addnode or connect rpc parameters that the system basically queries all currently open nodes and connects with as many as possible unless -maxconnections parameter is specified.  Basically, either you provide IP addresses to trusted nodes (that you know have valid blockchain) or you trust bitcoindark-qt to find appropriate nodes for you to connect to.

adding addnodes doesn't limit you to just those nodes nor should you consider them  "trusted". Adding some simply tells your wallet a list of known nodes to try first and saves the wallet from having to discover active nodes and try each one, which is why sometimes it takes a while to initially sync a wallet for the first time. This can be problematic on machines that are behind firewalls/internal networks.
Thanks for the clarification. 

Looks like everything back to normal for me here.  Wallet unlocked for staking and everything looks good.  Oh happy day!

Gimme the crypto!!
Pages: « 1 ... 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 [393] 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: