Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:04:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... 309 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★  (Read 825829 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Cryptock

Activity: 1792
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:52:52 AM

on the plus side, VIA seems to be holding stable against the bitcoin sell-off..  Shocked

Yes but it was dumped yesterday.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:44:54 AM

for a project that has a legit dev in peter todd, this sure behaves like a pump and dump coin. 

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Gunther
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 09:38:50 AM

for a project that has a legit dev in peter todd, this sure behaves like a pump and dump coin. 

Yeah, because Bitcoin doesn't behave like that. Good point.
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:22:21 AM

Bitcoin chart since July 2013... https://twitter.com/whaleclubco/status/555304359631015936
karmala

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:38:06 AM

Bitcoin chart since July 2013... https://twitter.com/whaleclubco/status/555304359631015936

honestly, I am sick of ever falling btc/ltc prices. I feel personally offended by now.... below 200....pfff. ltc lost 97%...pfff. If you came to crypto during the bubble last year, you had a psycologically tough year.

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 11:23:09 AM

About a week ago Cryptodouble (Cryptobubble) BTC and DOGE wallets contained about 45 BTC and 38M DOGE alone, but I believe that the scam was for 100s of BTC. It was obvious pyramide and some people with small "investments" actually doubled their coins, but they have received them from new "investors".

Gunther
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 03:47:47 PM

I was being sarcastic. Every coin, even BTC, is a P&D.
HKBvM

Activity: 398

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 05:05:22 PM

About a week ago Cryptodouble (Cryptobubble) BTC and DOGE wallets contained about 45 BTC and 38M DOGE alone, but I believe that the scam was for 100s of BTC. It was obvious pyramide and some people with small "investments" actually doubled their coins, but they have received them from new "investors".

Are people just plain dumb or is it greed/gambling? I was always sure it is the latter, but I am not so sure anymore. This is a serious question.

reorder

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 05:12:04 PM

Are people just plain dumb or is it greed/gambling? I was always sure it is the latter, but I am not so sure anymore. This is a serious question.

A greedy gambling addict is unambiguously dumb so it is not even a choice Smiley
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 11:26:58 PM

It is pure gambling (and of course greed), because most of the people are eventually screwed at the end. You just send coins hoping not to be one of them.

GooseNL

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 04:23:08 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2015, 05:01:03 PM by GooseNL

Hey guys

We added Viacoin to our Altcoin NEWS and INFO Portal @satoshis.guru

Have a look!

Now with Price and Network Stats

http://www.satoshis.guru/home/coin-info/viacoin/

http://www.satoshis.guru/home/coin-info/viacoin/graphs-viacoin/

greetz

+++

Some parts of the text need revision, especially the part about clearinghouse. This text is not up to date.

ClearingHouse is a protocol that allows for asset issuance and p2p trading on the viacoin blockchain. Viacoin is a particularly fast digital currency which was designed to be the data-carrier for ClearingHouse, 25x faster than Bitcoin. It was released on 11th August 2014.

Today we unveil stage one of the ClearingHouse project as promised which enables decentralized, p2p trading directly on the blockchain. You can create your own coins and assets and it enables a host of features to be built on top of the blockchain. ClearingHouse is based on on the counterparty protocol with the immediate advantages of being faster, cheaper and free of bitcoin politics. XCH is the native currency of ClearingHouse and cannot be mined. XCH will be initialized during a 45 day “Fire Sale” starting today at block 89100. This initialization process is called “burning”, but since viacoins are new and shiny, we decided not to actually burn them, but use them towards funding the ClearingHouse project looking forward.

Further:
I believe by funding Tree Chain development, it will greatly contribute toward the public good.
Better maybe: Tree Chain development could greatly contribute toward the public good.

J9901

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 08:03:42 PM

Holy shit.

So you're saying that someone (otoh?) has 1.5 million VIA (and safe to assume possibly more) and you btcdrak have over 1 million VIA from the XCH 'burn'...a coin with a current total supply of over 13 million VIA, 2 people combined own over 2.5 million VIA.

Uh oh.  Embarrassed

Zuckenberg owns about 30% of Facebook. I am okay with it. With the currently low BTC, VIA price is very attractive now, so it is an excellent time to increase my VIA, even if it may go lower.

Yea well this isnt the stock market. This is the altcoin market.  The fact that 2.5+ million coins are owned between 2 people (and presumably more from Otoh), while the total supply is ~13 million is alarming. Not sure how long you've been around the alt scene but that is definitely noteworthy. I get it btcdrak needs more funding, because for whatever reason the 600+ btc wasnt enough. Id be a bit more comfortable if he actually owned more than the other guy...but just slightly.

Im glad the richlist was brought to my attention recently. Never knew viacoin had one. Definitely pulled my buy orders.

I see no one wants to discuss this ^^^. Just let it get buried then..along with every other criticism in this thread.
kelvng105

Activity: 267

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 08:08:06 PM

Holy shit.

So you're saying that someone (otoh?) has 1.5 million VIA (and safe to assume possibly more) and you btcdrak have over 1 million VIA from the XCH 'burn'...a coin with a current total supply of over 13 million VIA, 2 people combined own over 2.5 million VIA.

Uh oh.  Embarrassed

Zuckenberg owns about 30% of Facebook. I am okay with it. With the currently low BTC, VIA price is very attractive now, so it is an excellent time to increase my VIA, even if it may go lower.

Yea well this isnt the stock market. This is the altcoin market.  The fact that 2.5+ million coins are owned between 2 people (and presumably more from Otoh), while the total supply is ~13 million is alarming. Not sure how long you've been around the alt scene but that is definitely noteworthy. I get it btcdrak needs more funding, because for whatever reason the 600+ btc wasnt enough. Id be a bit more comfortable if he actually owned more than the other guy...but just slightly.

Im glad the richlist was brought to my attention recently. Never knew viacoin had one. Definitely pulled my buy orders.

I see no one wants to discuss this ^^^. Just let it get buried then..along with every other criticism in this thread.

We as the community know it right from the beginning. There's nothing new. Go check bittrexx and every coin has 1 or 2 holders that holds large ammount of coins..

For example,
https://beta.bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-DOGE

Bag Holding: BTC, VIA, XCH, SLG, VDO, SYS
BTC: 1MJSbm9r6tKUx3XGNeWyjue8AgCoYFhf6Z 
VIA: VrYnZm1Fk2dk3aSwByoro4kaV5gCcmPwva
VDO: VJzPMoyQ4NEXebn73t1ZGVPCCEtUGJjS8r
J9901

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 09:31:21 PM

Holy shit.

Uh oh.  Embarrassed

We as the community know it right from the beginning. There's nothing new. Go check bittrexx and every coin has 1 or 2 holders that holds large ammount of coins..

For example,
https://beta.bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-DOGE

Dont be naive. That was a horrible explanation and example.

Total DOGE coin supply is 97.5 BILLION. The top 2 DOGE wallets in Bittrex have a mere 112 million combined. Not only that, but that distribution is limited to Bittrex alone. But we know for a fact that btcdrak and otoh own 2.5+ million viacoins out of a total supply of 13 million. Do the math..and btcdrak had already received 600+ BTC from the ICO.

Not the discussion I was hoping for. Someone else care to try?
kelvng105

Activity: 267

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 10:21:51 PM

I am not here to argue with you. I am just saying that you are stating a fact that we all knew right from the start and many of us don't think it is a problem.

Again, we all know BTCDrak received 600 BTC from the IPO because I was one of the investor.. so what?
Yes, we know 2 guys controls most of the coins... so what?

Anyhow, noone cared that's why you didn't get any response.. guess you are the only one..

Again, I am not here to feed the troll nor to argue with you. Please do not response to this and let this rest.

Thx

Bag Holding: BTC, VIA, XCH, SLG, VDO, SYS
BTC: 1MJSbm9r6tKUx3XGNeWyjue8AgCoYFhf6Z 
VIA: VrYnZm1Fk2dk3aSwByoro4kaV5gCcmPwva
VDO: VJzPMoyQ4NEXebn73t1ZGVPCCEtUGJjS8r
toshis.guru

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 12:10:57 AM

Hey guys

We added Viacoin to our Altcoin NEWS and INFO Portal @satoshis.guru

Have a look!

Now with Price and Network Stats

http://www.satoshis.guru/home/coin-info/viacoin/

http://www.satoshis.guru/home/coin-info/viacoin/graphs-viacoin/

greetz

+++

Some parts of the text need revision, especially the part about clearinghouse. This text is not up to date.

ClearingHouse is a protocol that allows for asset issuance and p2p trading on the viacoin blockchain. Viacoin is a particularly fast digital currency which was designed to be the data-carrier for ClearingHouse, 25x faster than Bitcoin. It was released on 11th August 2014.

Today we unveil stage one of the ClearingHouse project as promised which enables decentralized, p2p trading directly on the blockchain. You can create your own coins and assets and it enables a host of features to be built on top of the blockchain. ClearingHouse is based on on the counterparty protocol with the immediate advantages of being faster, cheaper and free of bitcoin politics. XCH is the native currency of ClearingHouse and cannot be mined. XCH will be initialized during a 45 day “Fire Sale” starting today at block 89100. This initialization process is called “burning”, but since viacoins are new and shiny, we decided not to actually burn them, but use them towards funding the ClearingHouse project looking forward.

Further:
I believe by funding Tree Chain development, it will greatly contribute toward the public good.
Better maybe: Tree Chain development could greatly contribute toward the public good.

Thanks for your answer, we'll change it soon!

greetings
J9901

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 09:00:03 AM

I am not here to argue with you. I am just saying that you are stating a fact that we all knew right from the start and many of us don't think it is a problem.

Again, we all know BTCDrak received 600 BTC from the IPO because I was one of the investor.. so what?
Yes, we know 2 guys controls most of the coins... so what?

Anyhow, noone cared that's why you didn't get any response.. guess you are the only one..

Again, I am not here to feed the troll nor to argue with you. Please do not response to this and let this rest.

Thx

^^ Is this really the response the viacoin community is going to leave with for this concern? When there is no valid explanation we just sweep any crticism/concern under the rug?

This Kelvng guy is obviously naive. Provides a lame argument, gets slammed with facts, then comes back with an even worse argument of "so what?", and as anyone who clearly has no argument to opposing facts, labels people trolls.

Would be nice to have an answer of my legitimate concerns from the top viacoin community members..kamala, yingsena, or btcdrak himself. Or even that Erik Kohler (?) guy who's supposed to be the Viacoin Community manager that we haven't heard anything from in months.
chompyZ

Activity: 291

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 10:29:25 AM

^^ Is this really the response the viacoin community is going to leave with for this concern? When there is no valid explanation we just sweep any crticism/concern under the rug?

a. It's a free world, in which anyone can invest as they like, as much as the like/ have/ or believe in a project.

b. OTOH has proven to be a legit long-term hodler, far from the P&D type.

c. BTCdrak has proven to be a legit long-term hodler, far from the P&D type.

d. BTCdrak holds funds of the 'community'. they are not his. These funds are used to support the development of Viacoin & CH. If your point is that there needs to be agreement / control / consensus / multi-sig / whatever on these accounts, then my response is that this has never been debated as BTCdrak has earned himself reputation as responsible and fully dedicated, and i myself have no fears of him scamming me etc.

e. OTOH holds 1.5m coins out of 13m coins. that is far from having a 'control' over the coinbase. Furthermore, more coins are mined every 24sec, so next year his stack will be of merely several percents of the coinbase... i.e. nothing to be alarmed from, and certainly not in a position of control.

f. A few days ago, someone bought 100k viacoins in less than an hour... It is a free market, and you are invited to buy as much as you want. In today's prices, if you desire to reach a similar 'control' stake as OTOH, it takes merely 150BTC of investment...

I am not naive, and I am somewhat paranoid... but my decision to support Viacoin is completely rational, and i'm not trying to hide any of your points under the carpet. Many of us in this community have noted these points before, considered and evaluated the risks of being scammed, and eventually concluded that this coin is legit, the developers and their efforts are real, their progress is real, and we support it... in spite of FUD and self concerns that i'm sure everyone has at some point or another.
karmala

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:10:16 PM

[...]

Would be nice to have an answer of my legitimate concerns from the top viacoin community members..kamala, yingsena, or btcdrak himself. Or even that Erik Kohler (?) guy who's supposed to be the Viacoin Community manager that we haven't heard anything from in months.

Hi,

nice to be considered a top community member. However, chompyZ qualifies much more for this title imo. His response is also underpinning that:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699278.msg10173694#msg10173694

I fully aggree with him on that matter.

You also find earlier posts, discussions and a statement from otoh on the shortcut page https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699278.msg7901691#msg7901691

regards,
Karmala

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
yo2monty

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 10:53:26 AM

hope some services will be set up on CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY. Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... 309 »
  Print  

Jump to: