Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:06:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... 309 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★  (Read 825829 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
karmala

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 09:29:03 AM

I withdrawed my via from bittrex. They are getting a bit scary lately
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-exchange-bittrex-will-remove-36-cryptocurrencies-sunday/

What? Did you read the list? Finally getting rid of shitcoins like these is the most promising thing I've seen Bittrex do lately...

well, whats about anoncoin?

All centralized exchanges must die.

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
chompyZ

Activity: 291

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 09:39:34 AM

I'm a fundamentalist when it comes to economics and investing,
yet still, looking at this 1-week $VIA chart at bitcoinwizdom makes
me wonder if Viacoin is about to break upwards.

These 2 so-called support and resistant lines will converge in the next 2 weeks...
Perhaps something boiling under the hood.
Then again, I was never a technician trader and I might be hallucinating...  hehe  Smiley

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 10:19:56 AM

These 2 so-called support and resistant lines will converge in the next 2 weeks...
Then again, I was never a technician trader and I might be hallucinating...  hehe  Smiley

You are not. That is as classic a double bottom as they come... That said, TA is arguably something that works because some people actually believe that many will follow those patters and, consequently MAKE it work. It is historically proven that some sort of that effect tends to happen... if the rest of the requirements are met... which is NEVER, EVER the case in crypto: Namely, a volume in transactions up to 100 times bigger than the ones actually taken place, are necessary for TA to actually be considered by experts.

That said, if half a dozen people believe that it could apply here, and they have something like half a BTC each to put them to work, they would probably prompt a "price-reaction". Nothing to do with the traditional TA, but same "effect" nevertheless...
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 10:21:59 AM

Then again, I was never a technician trader and I might be hallucinating...  hehe  Smiley

You are not. That is as classic a double bottom as they come... That said, TA is arguably something that works because some people actually believe that many will follow those patters and, conse
.... consequently, becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 10:31:21 AM

^ Not always

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 10:33:17 AM

The up between the double bottom was created by zynga fake news. These charts are working on high volume markets but usually not on altcoins. For me the chart looks like razorcoin lol

The real questions are: Is a whale still exiting with slow sells and who is absorbing all the sells? Is there still any work behind the scenes? Only news can push the price up in my opinion and bring confidence back to via.

I still believe in via but a little bit more communication would be appreciated  Wink

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 10:50:52 AM

The up between the double bottom was created by zynga fake news. These charts are working on high volume markets but usually not on altcoins. For me the chart looks like razorcoin lol

The real questions are: Is a whale still exiting with slow sells and who is absorbing all the sells? Is there still any work behind the scenes? Only news can push the price up in my opinion and bring confidence back to via.

I still believe in via but a little bit more communication would be appreciated  Wink

I share your views and have quite a few additional concerns along the same lines. But I don't want to either be redundant or excessively negative, therefor I will focus, for now, in the relatively positive fact that, in spite of the turbulence of the last couple of days (BTER) and the remarkable lack of communication for the longest period of time that I remember, from the dev, the price is holding, again in relative terms, not too badly.

Which would make ANY variables upcoming -unless it is Moore's Law-, a potential inflection point.
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 05:21:56 PM

VIA is in a position similar to many other Alt Coins, waiting for new interest and incoming money. There is an important difference, in that VIA  and XCH are a purpose-built blockchain and asset registration system, which is better suited to the role for which the Derivatives exchanges (and other commerce) are currently searching.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/business/industries/banking/article4354987.ece

The KEY advantages of VIA/XCH are Speed, Robust Tested Technology, and Availability of the underlying units (price wise). The blockchain could effectively be majority bought by an exchange and used 'off the peg'.
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 06:25:45 AM

i merge mine VIA all the time Wink

gnargnar
Legendary

Activity: 1111

crypto-enthusiast since 2012

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 02:19:01 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2015, 12:18:52 PM by gnargnar

what's going on for the great VIA?  Cool

when i see barabbas posting on a thread, i always know that it's time to buy  Cheesy
...but also that it's been quiet for too long and an update is long overdue

EDIT : ok... not a single answer or reply.. where is the new official place to reach via devs, via supporters and investors??? (IRC, Slack, else?)
 Undecided

sofu
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 09:12:18 AM

EDIT : ok... not a single answer or reply.. where is the new official place to reach via devs, via supporters and investors??? (IRC, Slack, else?)
 Undecided

you can find btcdrak in #coinmarkets talking about leverage trading BTC/USD  Grin

but I believe in #viacoin on freenode too  Wink

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 03:24:42 PM

when i see barabbas posting on a thread, i always know that it's time to buy  Cheesy

Undecided

Uh? I didn't know I had become such an indicator, but since you seem so convinced, perhaps you should also load up on VIOR, SEED, BYC, NAUT, VRC, SFR, and a few others IN ADDITION to VIA.

Other than that and being that this is a SELF-MODERATED thread, I post here quite sparingly... when at all. Technologically, this project is indeed interesting but, unfortunately, that's the only part -and by far not the most important in my view- that is. All the rest, quite frankly and for lack of a better word, sucks...
gnargnar
Legendary

Activity: 1111

crypto-enthusiast since 2012

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 04:06:05 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2015, 06:59:33 PM by gnargnar

Undecided

Uh? I didn't know I had become such an indicator, but since you seem so convinced, perhaps you should also load up on VIOR, SEED, BYC, NAUT, VRC, SFR, and a few others IN ADDITION to VIA.

Other than that and being that this is a SELF-MODERATED thread, I post here quite sparingly... when at all. Technologically, this project is indeed interesting but, unfortunately, that's the only part -and by far not the most important in my view- that is. All the rest, quite frankly and for lack of a better word, sucks...

hmm now based on that list of coins above, i'm not convinced anymore you're such a good indicator  Cheesy Wink

so, techno part it's absolutely true that VIA have it... but could you list the points you mean by "All the rest... sucks" ?  
let's turn this comment you made in a positive one, where someone or the community can start to work on.

thanks
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 07:54:00 PM

Undecided

hmm now based on that list of coins above, i'm not convinced anymore you're such a good indicator  Cheesy Wink

so, techno part it's absolutely true that VIA have it... but could you list the points you mean by "All the rest... sucks" ?  
let's turn this comment you made in a positive one, where someone or the community can start to work on.

thanks

I wish it could be done but it can't.  First, to have a CENSORED thread. That's a biggie: no project has ever  been successful with such a burden.  Second and even more grave,  that exercise in egomania which is the dev, have "forbidden " (or attempted to) to even discuss price moves... simply outrageous to the point of extreme ridicule. No one will ever take seriously someone like that. Ever EVER. Regardless.  Third, this "chief scientist " guy, Peter Todd... what does he do, do you know? Does anyone know? No, actually  no one does because he doesn't have to do ANYTHING. Oh he will write a brief text here and there mostly about what needs to be done but never get actually anything done. No timeline,  no schedule , no nothing... Fourth, no one outside of crypto knows what Viacoin is. Or, even inside crypto, what that thing XCP or whatever is. Much less use it. It  .  Would appear that VIA has already some sort of decentralized exchange right? Nah. None that anyone uses or can use. Same thin g with "notary services" or "smart contracts". There's total lack of comprehensive communication with the community and much less with the tech world and even less -none at all whatsoever - with the real world from ANY and all angles. Fifth, this is not just developed and managed by an egomaniacal anonymous individual but actually, by all intents and purposes,  OWNED actually by that  individual,  along with an investor acounting both for straight ownership of 1/4 of VIA and who knows what of the Xcp or whatever its name is- asset. It IS a very serious -insurmountable in fact- distribution problem in a "decentralized" project.

As you can see, with the best most positive intention,  it is quite evident we have very serious and numerous problems. .. the unsolvable kind.

But I am sure you will have a different vision. Certainly a different agenda... hurry up if you are answering because I doubt this post will remain live for very long. .. and hereby lies problem # one...
sofu
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 09:42:43 PM

Undecided

thanks

I wish it could be done but it can't.  First, to have a CENSORED thread. That's a biggie: no project has ever  been successful with such a burden.  Second and even more grave,  that exercise in egomania which is the dev, have "forbidden " (or attempted to) to even discuss price moves... simply outrageous to the point of extreme ridicule. No one will ever take seriously someone like that. Ever EVER. Regardless.  Third, this "chief scientist " guy, Peter Todd... what does he do, do you know? Does anyone know? No, actually  no one does because he doesn't have to do ANYTHING. Oh he will write a brief text here and there mostly about what needs to be done but never get actually anything done. No timeline,  no schedule , no nothing... Fourth, no one outside of crypto knows what Viacoin is. Or, even inside crypto, what that thing XCP or whatever is. Much less use it. It  .  Would appear that VIA has already some sort of decentralized exchange right? Nah. None that anyone uses or can use. Same thin g with "notary services" or "smart contracts". There's total lack of comprehensive communication with the community and much less with the tech world and even less -none at all whatsoever - with the real world from ANY and all angles. Fifth, this is not just developed and managed by an egomaniacal anonymous individual but actually, by all intents and purposes,  OWNED actually by that  individual,  along with an investor acounting both for straight ownership of 1/4 of VIA and who knows what of the Xcp or whatever its name is- asset. It IS a very serious -insurmountable in fact- distribution problem in a "decentralized" project.

As you can see, with the best most positive intention,  it is quite evident we have very serious and numerous problems. .. the unsolvable kind.

But I am sure you will have a different vision. Certainly a different agenda... hurry up if you are answering because I doubt this post will remain live for very long. .. and hereby lies problem # one...

My english is broken but I guess you confuse XCP-Counterparty (good dev team communication) with XCH-Clearinghouse (no communication)  Wink

PeterTodd is a smart guy that travel the world, making selfies with other "BTC-Gurus" and get paid for talking about Bitcoin and fixing some shit. No idea if he is still involved in VIA and treechains is still something he is working on.

For me VIA is like 95% of all other altcoins now. Some insiders are knowing whats going on and the remaining folk (like me) is betting on the price and trying to fool the accumulation bot.

But I have patience with this  Cool

tricass

Activity: 394

Crypto enthusiast

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 11:35:46 PM

Undecided

thanks

My english is broken but I guess you confuse XCP-Counterparty (good dev team communication) with XCH-Clearinghouse (no communication)  Wink

PeterTodd is a smart guy that travel the world, making selfies with other "BTC-Gurus" and get paid for talking about Bitcoin and fixing some shit. No idea if he is still involved in VIA and treechains is still something he is working on.

For me VIA is like 95% of all other altcoins now. Some insiders are knowing whats going on and the remaining folk (like me) is betting on the price and trying to fool the accumulation bot.

But I have patience with this  Cool

i got disheartened again when peter mentions treechains/via coin in this latest interview - http://www.coindesk.com/video-core-developer-peter-todd-bitcoins-future.

Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 12:49:44 AM

But I have patience with this ..

i got disheartened again when peter mentions treechains/via coin in this latest interview - http://www.coindesk.com/video-core-developer-peter-todd-bitcoins-future.

VIA is one of the most Viable alternative blockchains to BTC... and its Valuation is next to nothing.

If it gets any new impetus, or gets noticed by Big Finance looking for blockchain 2.0  tech, then the sky is the limit in the future.

For investors its another very low cost option on Alt Coin tech.
CryptoTrout

Activity: 706
Merit: 500

https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 01:17:28 AM

at this point investing in via/xch will either lose you pennies or you become a millionaire

seems worth it
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 05:51:43 AM

at this point investing in via/xch will either lose you pennies or you become a millionaire

seems worth it

You may have overshot just a bit on "millionaire" part... but who's counting,  right?
GooseNL

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 09:49:01 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2015, 09:31:28 PM by GooseNL

https://www.youtube.com/embed/bit4Y6I38jM.
Published 27 Jan  2015
BTC conference in Tel Aviv on October 19-20 2014
Peter Todd on treechains and during the Q&A part about VIA.

After '20 minutes:
'Viacoin has potential to be a better Bitcoin and equally Viacoin potentially forces Bitcoin to be a better Bitcoin'. 'Treechains is a longterm project, which will move on at its own pace, ...'
At the end of the tape Todd explains that he is more busy on Viacoin then on BTC, not nessecary  all the time doing coding work, but by thinking through implication kind of things etc.
'Half of my work at Viacoin, that is essentially day by day, I have to interact with other BTC- devs, and review code and so on, that is a kind of tit for tat process, you review their code, they review your code, ...write up new features, writing up testing, it is sort of layer removed from testing...'
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... 309 »
  Print  

Jump to: