Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:28:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 309 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★  (Read 825829 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Revelation

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:45:30 AM

I don't think it is misleading as it shows how much/or little effort you put into developing this coin, which is understandable - you don't have incentives to do more.
Imagine a CEO of a firm selling all his shares in his company and then claiming to minority shareholders - I will bring you to the moon because I am rich. The amount of effort you put in coin development is appalling.

What makes you think he didn't buy any at 0.00010 price?
Or any price.
What makes you think he DID buy? All we know is that the dev SOLD 10mln coins. There is no proof of him buying, although this is something that maybe people want to believe in.
I wonder how much can people stretch their imagination.

Need to sleep, but so interesting watching trex... I bought 10 VIA at 0.00007100 before it went crazy.

I'm assuming he bought more
Because you want to believe. Buying 10 VIA is a joke and clearly the dev didn't think that the price will be this high so it is highly unlikely that he was touching his coin at all.
If the dev has any vested interest in his coin he should publish his wallet address along with normal block explorer so that we can keep track of his vested interest.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:50:56 AM

So what is so special about this coin that it gets a nice high volume pump? IPO, PoW... not that interesting.

ELI5? Wink

Good dev, good idea, good vision, good marketing, good launch, good communication, good delivery of goals, good supportive community, good possibilities, good future.
Good dev - how do you know this? For now we just have a clone of bitcoin with some sloppy copy-pasting. Example: https://github.com/viacoin/viacoin/search?q=bitcoin&ref=cmdform

Actually most of these are intentionally left. It's only UI facing stuff that needs to be changed. It means we can keep up to date with pulls without big merge headaches.
There are a couple of UI merges missed, but overall your search is misleading.
I don't think it is misleading as it shows how much/or little effort you put into developing this coin, which is understandable - you don't have incentives to do more.
Imagine a CEO of a firm selling all his shares in his company and then claiming to minority shareholders - I will bring you to the moon because I am rich. The amount of effort you put in coin development is appalling.

Right, but your search is based on incorrect assumptions. Why would you change the names of files, functions and classes when you want to maintain compatibility with upstream?
It's *only* UI, userfacing that matters - and that is 100% intentional.
These are not the name of files and functions. For example, the error message that pops out when one tries to make RPC call to the wallet:
"Error: There is no RPC client functionality in bitcoind anymore. Use the bitcoin-cli utility instead."
The utility name is viacoin-cli, not bitcoin, but you didn't bother changing this error message.
The makefile and testnet are another examples. It has nothing to do with function names.
Doc files as well: https://github.com/viacoin/viacoin/blob/fe95e4d3c556a6ea9afca8f03064bd3ace4776c1/doc/release-notes/release-notes-0.3.20.md
notes on bitcoin everywhere.
And on and on.

Uh-huh, and can you explain why we should be rebranding release notes for versions of the software that are not Viacoin?  I already said there were a couple of IU entries missed, but that is it.
Translated files most certainly do not count either. You are absolutely welcome to make pull requests at the project.
Revelation

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:54:37 AM

So what is so special about this coin that it gets a nice high volume pump? IPO, PoW... not that interesting.

ELI5? Wink

Good dev, good idea, good vision, good marketing, good launch, good communication, good delivery of goals, good supportive community, good possibilities, good future.
Good dev - how do you know this? For now we just have a clone of bitcoin with some sloppy copy-pasting. Example: https://github.com/viacoin/viacoin/search?q=bitcoin&ref=cmdform

Actually most of these are intentionally left. It's only UI facing stuff that needs to be changed. It means we can keep up to date with pulls without big merge headaches.

Right, but your search is based on incorrect assumptions. Why would you change the names of files, functions and classes when you want to maintain compatibility with upstream?
These are not the name of files and functions. For example, the error message that pops out when one tries to make RPC call to the wallet:
"Error: There is no RPC client functionality in bitcoind anymore. Use the bitcoin-cli utility instead."
The utility name is viacoin-cli, not bitcoin, but you didn't bother changing this error message.
The makefile and testnet are another examples. It has nothing to do with function names.
Doc files as well: https://github.com/viacoin/viacoin/blob/fe95e4d3c556a6ea9afca8f03064bd3ace4776c1/doc/release-notes/release-notes-0.3.20.md
And on and on.

Uh-huh, and can you explain why we should be rebranding release notes for versions of the software that are not Viacoin?  I already said there were a couple of IU entries missed, but that is it.
Translated files most certainly do not count either. You are absolutely welcome to make pull requests at the project.
You should invite an independent third party who is more knowledgeable than I am to inspect your source code and give his/her opinion on any innovation. From what I am seeing now is a sloppy copy-paste from bitcoin with zero innovation.
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:55:30 AM

http://support.bter.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Ask biggest Chinese altcoin exchange platform bter list viacoin!

send them request guys.

provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:56:24 AM

We need Mintpal/Cryptsy! Please add.

Amusing fact: Viacoin's 24h volume (855BTC) is more than Mintpal exchanges entire 24h volume (623BTC).

<3

Cryptsy and Mintpal.
J9901

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:57:15 AM

Revelation, we realize you missed the IPO.

But its ok...you can still buy in. The current prices are ridiculously cheap considering where VIA is headed.

Or you can keep asking irrelevant questions and watch the investors get richer.
zaqco

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:59:04 AM

Does this coin payout now?  Or does it begin at 10,000 like originally stated?
J9901

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:01:51 AM

block rewards begin in a few hours.
qunity3d

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:02:12 AM

We need Mintpal/Cryptsy! Please add.

Amusing fact: Viacoin's 24h volume (855BTC) is more than Mintpal exchanges entire 24h volume (623BTC).

<3
Hmm, good:). What about Cryptsy?
smokim87

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:02:20 AM

ELI5? Wink

And on and on.

You should invite an independent third party who is more knowledgeable than I am to inspect your source code and give his/her opinion on any innovation. From what I am seeing now is a sloppy copy-paste from bitcoin with zero innovation.

Are you a coder? If so any past projects or experience?
Revelation

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:02:34 AM

But its ok...you can still buy in. The current prices are ridiculously cheap considering where VIA is headed.

If you think that questions regarding:
1.dev's vested interest in the coin after caching out
2.innovation in the source code
are irrelevant, what kind of an investor are you? Myopic?
I am debating should I invest or not and these questions are very natural and important.
Revelation

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:04:25 AM

ELI5? Wink

And on and on.

Are you a coder? If so any past projects or experience?
You should ask the dev that very same question )))
I am a coder by avocation and this is why I am suggesting to have a reputable person inspect the source code and give his/her opinion.
J9901

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:05:22 AM

I am debating should I invest or not and these questions are very natural and important.

im not myopic but you're obviously illiterate. those questions have already been answered in this thread and the in the PRE-ANN.

learn to read.

pay me 0.1 btc and i'll hold your hand through all this.
Revelation

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:09:07 AM

im not myopic but you're obviously illiterate. those questions have already been answered in this thread and the in the PRE-ANN.

learn to read.

There is no info on
1. dev's vested interest, apart from one post where he claims that he bought 10 VIA at 7001 sat, so should I assume that his vested interest is 10 VIA?
2. source code is a copy of bitcoin. ANN is stating the FUTURE and not the PRESENT. We can only inspect the present, currently existent source code.
Did you do this due diligence?
zaqco

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:10:23 AM

block rewards begin in a few hours.
I thought so, thanks.
You never know anymore.  I had a dev cut back the number of empty blocks by the hundreds before.
bitbd83

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Crypto Enthusiast, BD

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:13:44 AM

learn to read.

There is no info on
1. dev's vested interest, apart from one post where he claims that he bought 10 VIA at 7001 sat, so should I assume that his vested interest is 10 VIA?
2. source code is a copy of bitcoin. ANN is stating the FUTURE and not the PRESENT. We can only inspect the present, currently existent source code.

oho pain pain and painful fudster is everywahre.

Try best at: |OK Pay-Quick Change| USD-BTC-LTC-EUR-WIRE-VISA/MASTER Find me:  https://onename.io/bitcoinbd
Please donate few BTC : 189YmAMvi3SZCXCVqAFtVmGKWzanYtfsoH
Mine all CryptoNote coin with a ready GUI client-Excellent solution. Follow me: https://twitter.com/BitBD
Revelation

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:18:35 AM

learn to read.

There is no info on

It is funny how some people react. I am only raising questions and I am not accusing anyone.
I would assume that you are invested in this coin and now you think that somehow I am trying to lower the price and destroy your investment. The truth is that you made your investment without asking much questions to the dev.Instead of raising questions to the dev and making sure that your investment makes sense you are choosing to belittle others who are raising legitimate questions.
If this is the way some of you invest that is your right but I don't have to follow your steps and I will keep asking questions. 
Altcoin4life

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:21:54 AM

learn to read.

There is no info on

He says it's not FUD just he wants "to know whether to invest or not." The next time I want to invest in something I'm going to slander it first and see if that makes it easier to make investment decisions. Sounds like a great investment strategy. (This is sarcasm)

Edit: asking questions and saying things are sloppy copy and paste are not usually the best way to get answers from anyone. If that's how you operate in real life then chances are you live in a third world country.

altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:25:36 AM

It seems to me from the github commits that a few experienced bitcoin developers came together to make some big cash by releasing this coin. They have obviously got what they wanted (big cash) and many congratulations for that. At least it seems there are experienced developers behind this coin.

To move forward, I was wondering what's going to happen to the big plans about the ClaeringHouse? When any info/code/API will be released regarding to the ClearingHouse?
bitbd83

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Crypto Enthusiast, BD

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:27:46 AM

learn to read.

There is no info on

He says it's not FUD just he wants "to know whether to invest or not." The next time I want to invest in something I'm going to slander it first and see if that makes it easier to make investment decisions. Sounds like a great investment strategy.

Spam post in a coin thread is always FUD and a fud should be created by fudster.

Try best at: |OK Pay-Quick Change| USD-BTC-LTC-EUR-WIRE-VISA/MASTER Find me:  https://onename.io/bitcoinbd
Please donate few BTC : 189YmAMvi3SZCXCVqAFtVmGKWzanYtfsoH
Mine all CryptoNote coin with a ready GUI client-Excellent solution. Follow me: https://twitter.com/BitBD
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 309 »
  Print  

Jump to: