Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:47:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: eUtopium [UPM] ∞ Social Enterprise of Mystery: Truth, Knowledge, Education.  (Read 62508 times)
Karn

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation."

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 07:23:55 PM

well only good news I can see right now is its having a hard time dumping past 900 Cry

“But it's a poor fellow who can't take his pleasure without asking other people's permission.” ― Hermann Hesse, Steppenwolf

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adamandeve (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

@AltcoinAdam

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 09:04:28 PM

"I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it."

Crypto_Enthusiast

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 09:47:31 PM

"I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it."

Let's walk through this door together & get this coin back to where it should be.
Karn

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:09:04 AM

Hey not for nothing but I was able to cost ave to a little more than current price by buying 10x more then I started with

“But it's a poor fellow who can't take his pleasure without asking other people's permission.” ― Hermann Hesse, Steppenwolf
Coinler

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 03:35:36 AM

when does the mining end .. is there a block explorer ?

its a whole year to mine 1 million coins.. lol. people are so dumb.. it is a great investment opportunity no doubt why they dump it like that is beyond me. maybe theyre really poor or something but whatever they dumped at if they waited couldve gotten 10 or 100x that if they were a bit more patient. after u dump and abuse a market like that investors get put off. utopium needs to figure out something exciting and new to take part in and gain some attention. the 1000 floor is pretty solid but we're just not getting any new investors atm and it seems old investors are also dumping at a loss losing faith in the coin. all in all id say things are looking pretty grim for utopia unless some new investors can be attracted.  Tongue
Lucksee

Activity: 118

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:57:59 AM

its a whole year to mine 1 million coins.. lol. people are so dumb.. it is a great investment opportunity no doubt why they dump it like that is beyond me. maybe theyre really poor or something but whatever they dumped at if they waited couldve gotten 10 or 100x that if they were a bit more patient. after u dump and abuse a market like that investors get put off. utopium needs to figure out something exciting and new to take part in and gain some attention. the 1000 floor is pretty solid but we're just not getting any new investors atm and it seems old investors are also dumping at a loss losing faith in the coin. all in all id say things are looking pretty grim for utopia unless some new investors can be attracted.  Tongue

Don't forget, the general state of the market is scaring away too many investors from most new coins... Being delayed to trex during the c-cex pump didn't help, either.

Looking back now, UPM would have obviously benefited from a more timely launch..... say, during the next wave of altcoin investors the market is clearly waiting for?

Until then, the future of UPM depends on whether those involved can provide something novel and genuine to the quickly shifting paradigm of the altcoin market. This means more than ideas.

Yeah, the market needs more philosophy. Period. Question is... will UPM be a competitor when the market is ready to indulge? It could definitely happen.

So, what's the next step.......?

...I think it's obvious.

The dev's want a strong community. Sure.

But to be an altcoin competitor with a strong community, it's becoming more and more clear every day that potential investors need to trust the dev's and we need to see some more useful code. If the dev's provide the trust and utility factors investors are now screaming for, the community can be built confidently for the next big wave and no one has to worry about the price...

Otherwise, I think UPM is unfortunately before its time.
Coinler

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:13:03 PM

Don't forget, the general state of the market is scaring away too many investors from most new coins... Being delayed to trex during the c-cex pump didn't help, either.

Looking back now, UPM would have obviously benefited from a more timely launch..... say, during the next wave of altcoin investors the market is clearly waiting for?

Until then, the future of UPM depends on whether those involved can provide something novel and genuine to the quickly shifting paradigm of the altcoin market. This means more than ideas.

Yeah, the market needs more philosophy. Period. Question is... will UPM be a competitor when the market is ready to indulge? It could definitely happen.

So, what's the next step.......?

...I think it's obvious.

The dev's want a strong community. Sure.

But to be an altcoin competitor with a strong community, it's becoming more and more clear every day that potential investors need to trust the dev's and we need to see some more useful code. If the dev's provide the trust and utility factors investors are now screaming for, the community can be built confidently for the next big wave and no one has to worry about the price...

Otherwise, I think UPM is unfortunately before its time.

before it's time is a good thing imo. it means the potential to get picked up later is high. much less than i can say for 90% of the coins out there that are just going to go to the graveyard. crypto has been abused by devs and their coin-spam. releasing worthless currencies cashing out their premines, having hidden premines, and all other types of conspiracy. if communities dont want to work together, which is a major factor in decentralization, the governments and centralized systems would have proven their point. humans need to be ruled with stringent rules and regulations to keep the peace and prosperity as well as fairness for all.

ive said it on quite a few coins. there really is no scamcoin. if a community promotes and develops a coin it will gain investors and increase in value. but noone wants that. they want the dev to do everything and they just want to buy and collect 10x their money 5 minutes later, cashing out and abandoning the stock. throwing away the opportunity. theyve done this to 100s of coins to the dismay of some devs im sure. other devs decided to fuck them before they get fucked. what we're seeing is an intrinsic lack of teamwork and gross self-servience. the asic miners arent helping either. theyve served to empty the pockets of all investors whilst driving prices lower and lower.

its a better strategy all round that instead of panic selling, investors who suffer heavy loss such as 10x or 100x dumps buy more coins at the low and focus on continually buying and building the value of the coin to make it attractive to other investors. but what we're seeing is that when they dont get their 10x rewards within a few hrs of buying in they dump, and when others dump, they follow and just dump stock into oblivion. then the hashpowerhouses make it really unfair for anyone else who is trying to get into crypto.

the selfish nature of man leads to his own destruction. and here we have that nature destroying all crypto enthusiasts hope for a thriving crypto-economy. for some there will be major gains and for everyone else there is major losses. what this will do is simple. stop investors in their tracks from any interest in investing in crypto seriously. its obvious that crypto communities dont take what they are participating in seriously as an investment. just a way to extract more money from others. its bad pr for crypto itself and screams to the authorities of all countries and begs for regulation by central powers. yet when they try to regulate it everyone feels defeated.

it's a graveyard out there, and alt crypto is dying unless we can attract new investors into crypto. even btc is at risk of decline. so i think it is time that players in the crypto economy start thinking about really letting others gain some benefit or they may just find themselves out of a crypto economy whereas they couldve had their family's financial freedom secured for generations upon generations through cryptocurrency, instead they cash out for pennies, and leave a graveyard for their kids, just paving the way for a fully privatized or government controlled currency to rule the future.

i know many may not see this post but it really is for all of crypto to read. you are destroying your future and with every coin you dump to oblivion as the OP put it, you destroy an opportunity to prove that the public is capable of organising, sharing, and thriving on the help of eachother rather than relying on centralized systems. stop buying at 10 and selling at 11. buy at 10 how much you can afford and no more. put it away and forget about it till the value is 100x. if everyone just did that we could see all altstocks competing with bitcoin values and better. even bitcoin would do better. but between weak traders and the few that control large amounts of hashpower over the many who are just running gpus like the average citizen would, it is time to show some restraint or i swear by the looks of things.. every single coin on the market will get dumped and btc will be no exception. it will be centralized, regulated and thatd be the end of it.
unicode.03C0

Activity: 104

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:39:22 PM

Trouble is that the door is the outhouse at your mountain cabin far away from technology.
You have a coin that never gets updated after the launch day.

adamandeve (OP)

@AltcoinAdam

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 07:34:24 PM

Trouble is that the door is the outhouse at your mountain cabin far away from technology.

well, what kind of updates would u like to see?

Karn

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:08:41 PM

well, what kind of updates would u like to see?

Just keep doing what you have been doing. Not every coin can be an instant win. Some times you have to wait for the world to catch up

Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:19:52 PM

Current market cap less than 10BTC? I'm taking some chance with this one. The idea behind it aint so bad.
Karn

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:30:19 PM

Nice little bounce this morning  Wink

CryptoHypno

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

Sometimes Your Coins Just Hypnotize Me!

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:31:26 PM

Nice little bounce this morning  Wink

Wow, impressive!

adamandeve (OP)

@AltcoinAdam

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 12:44:39 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2014, 01:13:50 AM by adamandeve

in light of the price and lack of submissions, i will adjust the rules for the eUEF-funded contest:

• prize pool will be in BTC
  • 3 winners will receive 0.0666 BTC each
  • closing date of contest is 31st august 2014
  • prizes will be paid out on 1st september 2014
  • vote for your favorite paper and discuss them on this thread

If you believe in our cause, and want to contribute to incentivizing real world academic research in cryptocurrencies and other related topics to eUtopium, be kind and help us help all:

BTC: 17RJhRCiENeeUHTAFH7Qaawo296QwnZEB5
UPM: kQRLbW6D8AKTWSAWAy1u3NEix8nDXz5Wvq

UPM Announcement

Cryptocurrency Economics & Ecosystems: A UPM-funded Contest

To commemorate the launch of the eUEF, UPM will be hosting a contest where anyone and everyone can take part. 10% of the fund, i.e. 1000 UPMs will be utilized for this first project, put up for grabs for all who partake in this contest. In an effort to expand our Utopian library of knowledge, we would like to take this opportunity to acquire our very first Bitcoin and cryptocurrency related whitepapers from the eUtopium community!

In exchange for your value and work done, the top 3 papers selected by the UPM team will receive a total of 333 UPM each. To take part in this contest, simply write an (academic) paper with a maximum of 6 pages, answering one or a mixture of a few of the research questions brought up below.

Research Questions
  • What are the core principles of a cryptocurrency? Based on Satoshi’s paper, and considering the current landscape of the bit/altcoin ecosystems as whole.
  • Who are the stakeholders involved in any cryptocurrency?
  • What are the biggest barriers to entry for current non-adopters of cryptocurrency?
  • In your opinion, what are the most innovative features in crypto that currently exist?
  • What factors affect the success of a cryptocurrency? What makes an altcoin popular?
  • What is the end goal / are the next steps for cryptocurrency? Satoshi started an era decentralization, but what’s next? The Internet brought knowledge & information, Bitcoin brought money & financial freedom, what’s next?
  • What should the community do to increase crypto adoption among mainstream users?

Rules
I have none but three rules for you:
  • Begin your paper with: “I am…”.
  • End the same sentence/paragraph with “...on this earth.”
  • Refer to people as “humans”.

After completing your paper, submit them through the AVE service on our website, and wait for an admin to get back to you. When submitting your paper for this contest, please add “eUEF” to the front of your paper name.

All papers submitted may be added into the eUtopium educational repository, our ever-expanding library of knowledge and truth. If added, you will receive 10 UPMs per page in value exchange, as per the AVE service. However, not all papers added will receive a part of the prize pool.

The contest starts today, and ends 6 days from now, on the 10th of August, 2014. All papers must be submitted before then to qualify for a potential payout from the prize pool. All papers submitted before this announcement also qualify. Find all uploaded papers here.

The Utopia Project: In Conclusion

UPM is backed by an engaging and active community, managed by innovative and dedicated developers. At UPM, we believe that fairness, honesty and transparency must be at the core of any community in order for it to truly thrive and succeed in the new utopian world we are building.

Ultimately, this project is in line with the Utopia Project’s goal of creating a fully crowdsourced, crowdfunded, and self-sustaining social experiment and social enterprise that bridges the innovation of digital currency with an outdated education system within one common reality and perception. This, is Our One True Utopia. #OOTU

At UPM, we go by one very simple rule: No hype; only real, true value.

adamandeve (OP)

@AltcoinAdam

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 04:21:53 AM

reddit+twitter marketing manager: negotiable fees

designers/developers : depending on your expertise on the scope of the project

pm me for more details

paid in UPM/BTC

bakedrice

Activity: 338

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 06:32:50 PM

Full post here: http://redd.it/2dcwix

Dear Friends,

i now have the necessary infrastructure required to develop websites and launch alternative bitcoins. free magic internet money. im sure you like this idea. we can create endless non-product-based-mlm structures on this business model; the MLM that was banned in many countries throughout the world. basically: every idea CAN be turned into money, because bitcoin is money, and we can create a million kinds of bitcoins for close to nothing and get paid for it if the idea is solid. we have free reign now, at least until the government starts to “regulate” us or give us “licence plates”.

example: i wrote 5 .pdf papers worth of crap, just revolving around 1 simple idea of light and spirituality that can be summarized in 1 sentence. read them here: http://www.utopiaco.in/home/education/

from the moment i thought of the idea to the day i launched, was only 10 days, and the upm team made 20 btc for 10 days of work. gone are the days where “ideas are free”; with bitcoin and altcoins in the current regulatory landscape, your ideas, if awesome, can literally be paid for in large binary digits up to 8 decimal places. (more about BTC here: https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf)

if u have ideas, and i know u have a shitload of them; write me something for/about your idea in less than 10 pages , and i'll try to make it into a coin and earn some money for the both of us.

submit your paper here,
http://www.utopiaco.in/home/publish/
or share with me on gdocs onemanatatime@gmail.com.

i will also pay you 10 UPM per page of your work done indefinitely (currently up to maximum of 300 UPM per person). more information can be found on the link beside the value exchange service form i gave u link above. your UPM can be traded into BTC, which can be spent at many places around the world coinmap.org or many online retailers such as overstock.com which is introducing BTC payment for worldwide customers very soon.

then you can sell the UPM into BTC at https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-UPM , and you can sell BTC into SGD at www.itbit.com or www.bitstamp.net. in the near future, we will make this process much more convenient for u to convert into the currency of your choice, and even provide UPM wallets on your mobile, and provide you with more places to spend your upms or btcs. the best BTC wallet you can find now is blockchain.info, make sure to keep ur accounts safe and use 2FA.

any questions feel free ask me directly..

i also have some other investment opportunities in QTM2, my first coin launched with 3 others about 4 months ago that is a hedge fund and also exists as an alternative to bitcoin (1 of over 500+ digital currencies today), and we are going to start paying out about 2% bi-weekly dividends in Bitcoins in perpetuity (as long as our company survives, and estimated based on our current purchase prices on the free market). qtm2’s sole goal is to create long-term wealth for all vested interests within our community. read more here www.twitter.com/qtmholdings.

Karn

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:13:39 AM

Well crap it broke 900, I really did not think it was going to. I'll still hold what I have but am going to hold off on buying more for a day or 2 and see how it goes

exemplaar

Activity: 978
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:44:09 AM

Dev watched a matrix movie. Good. 
The original scenario was written by a christian believer, and newagers took the opportunity and made a film.

Check this short but powerful clip out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IvByvtMBaQ

not for faint at heart. Can blow your mind  Shocked

Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:22:54 AM

This is an absolute joke. Market cap of 7 BTC for a project that is still running (with a pretty good idea). Only like 260k coins oustanding coins and like minimum pressure of mining. People exaggerated this dump imo. We'll see.

Show them they were wrong dev! ( I have faith in you and the value of my UPM's in the long term Wink )
adamandeve (OP)

@AltcoinAdam

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 11:46:21 AM

This is an absolute joke. Market cap of 7 BTC for a project that is still running (with a pretty good idea). Only like 260k coins oustanding coins and like minimum pressure of mining. People exaggerated this dump imo. We'll see.

Show them they were wrong dev! ( I have faith in you and the value of my UPM's in the long term Wink )

thanks to your generous support, it will definitely happen.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: