|
illodin
|
 |
January 05, 2015, 09:13:43 AM |
|
Ok and how much bandwidth should a masternode have per month?
Dunno but what might be wise is to clarify with your operator what will happen to your billing if your node gets ddos'ed. Will they null route the connection before you get terabytes of traffic they will bill you for or not. Having an operator that allows email alerts when some trigger is hit (for example data transfer per minute) is essential.
|
|
|
|
|
SJRulez83
Newbie

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
|
 |
January 05, 2015, 10:11:55 AM |
|
My first post in this thread, well forum as well to say.
I've finally mined some coins, after about a week and it was on my worst machine which is only running at 22kh/s
Yipee.
|
|
|
|
|
|
NoobKidOnTheBlock
|
 |
January 05, 2015, 10:13:20 AM |
|
My first post in this thread, well forum as well to say.
I've finally mined some coins, after about a week and it was on my worst machine which is only running at 22kh/s
Yipee.
How many coins did you get if you don't mind me asking?
|
▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇ ▇ ▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇ | | ... | ............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....
|
|
|
|
|
Corsa1r
Member


Activity: 89
Merit: 10
|
 |
January 05, 2015, 10:32:07 AM |
|
My first post in this thread, well forum as well to say.
I've finally mined some coins, after about a week and it was on my worst machine which is only running at 22kh/s
Yipee.
How many coins did you get if you don't mind me asking? you found a block with 22 kh/s ? Impressive 
|
|
|
|
|
SJRulez83
Newbie

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
|
 |
January 05, 2015, 11:29:56 AM |
|
My first post in this thread, well forum as well to say.
I've finally mined some coins, after about a week and it was on my worst machine which is only running at 22kh/s
Yipee.
How many coins did you get if you don't mind me asking? you found a block with 22 kh/s ? Impressive  Pulled in 6.32 SPR Bit annoying that my piece of junk pc has managed to find a block at 22khs and yet my GPU rig hasn't found anything running at 500khs
|
|
|
|
|
SpreadLight
Member


Activity: 67
Merit: 10
|
 |
January 05, 2015, 12:47:19 PM |
|
This is funny in a good way. All the big pool hating Darkcoiners are in here
|
.
|
|
|
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
|
 |
January 05, 2015, 02:33:02 PM |
|
Another question if I may?
Is Spreadcoin susceptible to 51% attacks either currently or post masternode implementation?
There are a few X11 farms that mine between 3.5GH and 8GH which I suppose might be able to be adapted to SpreadX11. I've rented a few of these farms and mined X11 for periods of 24 hours or so before. If one of these farm operators solo mined at say, 5GH, would that pose a threat to the security of the Spreadcoin network?
In the context of 51% attacks, mining pools have no incentive to disrupt whereas if there was a single person with access to the hardware and the motive, would Spreadcoin be vulnerable?
|
|
|
|
|
|
Jesse Livermore
|
 |
January 05, 2015, 02:36:38 PM |
|
Been mining Spreadcoin now at a steady 950 kh/s for 26 hours and have found two blocks! Or in other words: 12.6 SPR mined, which at last Bittrex price (0.000242 BTC per SPR) equates to 0.003 BTC, which equates to $0.85 earned or so which at my current electricity rate means I'm nearly mining at break-even for the first time since May 2014 when gpu asic's came out and screwed me and my 7950 over. I know there are many others out there who shutdown their gpu's when it became such a money-losing venture and I'm sure they will re-start them like I did yesterday once they realize that SPR's price is actually positively correlated with difficulty, like Bitcoin used to be years ago. The fact that pools/rentable mega-rigs are not able to rape SPR makes me actually hold the thesis that the prevalence of ASIC's and mining pools, which rentable super-rigs control, has been a primary cause of the crypto bear market over the past year. Take out the ASIC's and take out the coin-raping pools and you get what crypto once was....something pure and intended for the good of all. It's my belief that SPR is likely to be one of the very very few crypto's in the coming months with a consistently trending up price as it gradually gains more and more attention and respect of the crypto community. Keep up the good work, Mr. Spread! JL Edit: This 90-day SPR chart: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/spreadcoin/#charts is a thing of beauty. Ouch. 24 hours later without a block for me without a big change in network difficulty. Variance can be a bitch sometimes. Regardless... mining SPR is still 10x's more profitable than the what coinwarz.com shows as their current #1 crypto to mine. JL Edit: Criminy! This lucky fellow ( http://spreadcoin.net/explorer/Sfxc14Aj5FHA7cwLqxZyMxdus5CgVxr9Mw) has solved at least 6% (191 rewards here) of the 3000 or so blocks for SPR in the past 48 hours. I need a rig like his I guess. Update: looks like this address has found 132 blocks (of about 1,000) in the past 24 hours. At least 13% of blocks to this one guy.
|
I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
|
|
|
Corsa1r
Member


Activity: 89
Merit: 10
|
 |
January 05, 2015, 03:05:39 PM |
|
Been mining Spreadcoin now at a steady 950 kh/s for 26 hours and have found two blocks! Or in other words: 12.6 SPR mined, which at last Bittrex price (0.000242 BTC per SPR) equates to 0.003 BTC, which equates to $0.85 earned or so which at my current electricity rate means I'm nearly mining at break-even for the first time since May 2014 when gpu asic's came out and screwed me and my 7950 over. I know there are many others out there who shutdown their gpu's when it became such a money-losing venture and I'm sure they will re-start them like I did yesterday once they realize that SPR's price is actually positively correlated with difficulty, like Bitcoin used to be years ago. The fact that pools/rentable mega-rigs are not able to rape SPR makes me actually hold the thesis that the prevalence of ASIC's and mining pools, which rentable super-rigs control, has been a primary cause of the crypto bear market over the past year. Take out the ASIC's and take out the coin-raping pools and you get what crypto once was....something pure and intended for the good of all. It's my belief that SPR is likely to be one of the very very few crypto's in the coming months with a consistently trending up price as it gradually gains more and more attention and respect of the crypto community. Keep up the good work, Mr. Spread! JL Edit: This 90-day SPR chart: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/spreadcoin/#charts is a thing of beauty. Ouch. 24 hours later without a block for me without a big change in network difficulty. Variance can be a bitch sometimes. Regardless... mining SPR is still 10x's more profitable than the what coinwarz.com shows as their current #1 crypto to mine. JL Edit: Criminy! This lucky fellow ( http://spreadcoin.net/explorer/Sfxc14Aj5FHA7cwLqxZyMxdus5CgVxr9Mw) has solved at least 6% (191 rewards here) of the 3000 or so blocks for SPR in the past 48 hours. I need a rig like his I guess. Update: looks like this address has found 132 blocks (of about 1,000) in the past 24 hours. At least 13% of blocks to this one guy. it was just a matter of time before big farms notice this :/ edit: but if a guy cpumining with 22 kh/s finds a block at 3 gh/s network speed I don't think it is too much to worry about yet 
|
|
|
|
|
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
|
 |
January 05, 2015, 03:35:17 PM |
|
In the context of 51% attacks, mining pools have no incentive to disrupt whereas if there was a single person with access to the hardware and the motive, would Spreadcoin be vulnerable?
Mining pools are one single person with access to the hardware. In fact they are worse, as if the pool server is located in a datacentre dog knows how many people have access to it beyond the pool operator.
|
|
|
|
|
SJRulez83
Newbie

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
|
 |
January 05, 2015, 04:11:01 PM |
|
Does anyone have an idea of when nodes wil be implemented.
I'm interested in running one, I've got a VMware farm running across two data centres with high speed SAN access. Its an ideal platform for running a node on.
|
|
|
|
|
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
|
 |
January 05, 2015, 04:19:27 PM |
|
Another question if I may?
Is Spreadcoin susceptible to 51% attacks either currently or post masternode implementation?
Yes and yes. What SPR isn't susceptible to is compromised servers. So this alone make's SPR's security better than most, as you can 51% attack all other pow coins.
|
|
|
|
|
|
LiteMine
|
 |
January 05, 2015, 04:29:15 PM |
|
Couldn't he fork to DGW to lessen the chances of that happening? It seems to have been proven resilient.
|
|
|
|
|
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
|
 |
January 05, 2015, 04:30:23 PM |
|
If I don't have a static ip and my upload speed is 30kb/s will I still be able to become a masternode?
also want to know the answer to it,though I have some VPS at hand. Having ran darkcoin nodes for about 6 months I think it's absolutely necessary to host these on a VPS, if only to provide 24/7 availability for the network. Unless Mr Spread has a trick up his sleeve I'm pretty sure that static IPs will be a requirement. Ok and how much bandwidth should a masternode have per month? 10GB per month transfer should be plenty, the network demands aren't that high - screenshot from my management console: http://i59.tinypic.com/rvardv.png. Vultr gives you 1000GB per month for $5 I was going to use this: https://bitcoincloud.eu They aren't located in Australia but I can pay with bitcoin and they won't know that i'm only 15.  I guess this is a really good deal then: 1 GB RAM 1 CPU cores 50 GB diskspace 3 TB bandwidth 0.03080443 BTC Buy now Just some small questions before I go to bed; Have you ever been ddos'ed while running a masternode? Do you have multiple masternodes running through different proxies? I'm a masternode operator, and i have never been ddos'ed. As far as I'm aware its one for one, so one MN = one instance. 1000SPR = $5 instance cost (VULTR). 500 SPR masternodes at 50% block reward = 5000 SPR distributed among MN owners per day. 5000 % 500 = 10SPR per MN per day. Say the price of SPR is x2 @ 0.00075, thats 0.0075/$2 a day per masternode.
|
|
|
|
|
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
|
 |
January 05, 2015, 04:37:15 PM |
|
Couldn't he fork to DGW to lessen the chances of that happening? It seems to have been proven resilient.
DGW just readjusts block payments based on network hashrate. I don't think it can stop 51% attacks
|
|
|
|
|
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
|
 |
January 05, 2015, 04:55:01 PM |
|
Couldn't he fork to DGW to lessen the chances of that happening? It seems to have been proven resilient.
DGW just readjusts block payments based on network hashrate. I don't think it can stop 51% attacks Not quite thought through thought: Masternodes need to run for a day or two before qualifying for payment, maybe the same principle could be applied to miners - you need to mine for 1440 blocks (1 day) before you qualify to receive any block reward? Thus, if someone jumped in with ~50% of the total hashrate, at the very least it would cost them much more, and we'd have 24hrs notice that something was up. Honest long term miners shouldn't mind the wait, but it might deter opportunistic attackers...? In fact, what about a 'DGW curve' for block rewards - 1440 blocks no reward, next two days 25% then 50%, next day 75%, after 4 days you get the full block's worth. (Yes I know that's a line not a curve, you get the idea.) This would give SPR a huge boost in blockchain security.
|
|
|
|
|
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
|
 |
January 05, 2015, 05:03:33 PM |
|
Couldn't he fork to DGW to lessen the chances of that happening? It seems to have been proven resilient.
DGW just readjusts block payments based on network hashrate. I don't think it can stop 51% attacks Not quite thought through thought: Masternodes need to run for a day or two before qualifying for payment, maybe the same principle could be applied to miners - you need to mine for 1440 blocks (1 day) before you qualify to receive any block reward? Thus, if someone jumped in with ~50% of the total hashrate, at the very least it would cost them much more, and we'd have 24hrs notice that something was up. Using the 1day idea for mining is brill. I like how we could see the hashrate jump before it becomes a threat. Would stopping rewards for 24 hours stop a 51% attack tho? I mean, the hashrate is still in the network, just not getting paid?
|
|
|
|
|
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
|
 |
January 05, 2015, 05:16:25 PM |
|
Couldn't he fork to DGW to lessen the chances of that happening? It seems to have been proven resilient.
DGW just readjusts block payments based on network hashrate. I don't think it can stop 51% attacks Not quite thought through thought: Masternodes need to run for a day or two before qualifying for payment, maybe the same principle could be applied to miners - you need to mine for 1440 blocks (1 day) before you qualify to receive any block reward? Thus, if someone jumped in with ~50% of the total hashrate, at the very least it would cost them much more, and we'd have 24hrs notice that something was up. Using the 1day idea for mining is brill. I like how we could see the hashrate jump before it becomes a threat. Would stopping rewards for 24 hours stop a 51% attack tho? I mean, the hashrate is still in the network, just not getting paid? I think you'd need to somehow just plain reject anything from a miner without the required 'uptime.' This might be a problem for people who have unstable mining rigs... 
|
|
|
|
|
Corsa1r
Member


Activity: 89
Merit: 10
|
 |
January 05, 2015, 05:27:46 PM Last edit: January 05, 2015, 05:41:11 PM by Corsa1r |
|
Couldn't he fork to DGW to lessen the chances of that happening? It seems to have been proven resilient.
DGW just readjusts block payments based on network hashrate. I don't think it can stop 51% attacks Not quite thought through thought: Masternodes need to run for a day or two before qualifying for payment, maybe the same principle could be applied to miners - you need to mine for 1440 blocks (1 day) before you qualify to receive any block reward? Thus, if someone jumped in with ~50% of the total hashrate, at the very least it would cost them much more, and we'd have 24hrs notice that something was up. Using the 1day idea for mining is brill. I like how we could see the hashrate jump before it becomes a threat. Would stopping rewards for 24 hours stop a 51% attack tho? I mean, the hashrate is still in the network, just not getting paid? I think you'd need to somehow just plain reject anything from a miner without the required 'uptime.' This might be a problem for people who have unstable mining rigs...  yeah... speaking of unstable. It might be my undervolting, but I still want to ask if somebody else have stabilitiy issus while mining spread? I use the same settings as i did for mining X11 and that was 100% stable 24/... Now I get message that thread X is detected as idle so it gets killed, happens like once every 24 hours
|
|
|
|
|
|
LiteMine
|
 |
January 05, 2015, 05:42:03 PM |
|
Couldn't he fork to DGW to lessen the chances of that happening? It seems to have been proven resilient.
DGW just readjusts block payments based on network hashrate. I don't think it can stop 51% attacks Has any low-hashrate DGW coin been successfully attacked? I've been in and out of the forums the last 6 months, but it seems I would have heard about it in the DRK thread.
|
|
|
|
|
|