Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:12:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810025 times)
Mr. Spread (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 12:13:46 AM

Gitian builds take sooo loooong time and if something went wrong you need to restart them from the beginning. Anyone needs Linux builds for testing masternodes or Windows is enough? Source will be available so you will be able to build them yourself.
It is too late to start masternode testing today, we'll do it tomorrow. Sorry for this.

Developer of SpreadCoin
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 12:19:39 AM

Gitian builds take sooo loooong time and if something went wrong you need to restart them from the beginning. Anyone needs Linux builds for testing masternodes or Windows is enough? Source will be available so you will be able to build them yourself.
It is too late to start masternode testing today, we'll do it tomorrow. Sorry for this.
No worries Mr. Spread Smiley You don't need to apologize for anything Smiley You just keep up the amazing work that you have been putting into this coin and we will all be here ready to test out what you have to offer us Smiley Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 12:22:45 AM

im not very versed on on masternodes ... but im interested mrspread ... source for me also ...

pm me please ...

#crysx

Jocuserious

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 12:28:11 AM

Guys,

I'm a long term DRK investor and supporter, I have a single masternode and have been in DRK since it was around it's ATH. I've traded reasonably over that time to build up my holdings (an achievement in and of itself considering I bought in at around 0.02!) but it's not much more than the single masternode. That's okay though, and I'm grateful I've been able to do as much as I do, I've really enjoyed being involved and I love interacting with some very good people.

Now, I've taken a position here in SPR too (unfortunately before all this madness happened over the past few days so I most likely could have had four times as much Spread....that's crypto for you) and am looking forward to setting up a Spread masternode on my existing VPS. I think Mr Spread's take on how things could be done better is very interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing Spread make a positive impact.

And there are clearly many good people here too with lots of commitment, good ideas and positive sentiment. But unfortunately this thread is turning into a farce. I've just spent an hour or so catching up on the past 15 pages and it's been pretty mind numbing to say the least. We've had never ending posts by Hippie and that other idiot that constantly types in big red letters and can't put a space after a comma,to save himself. And now showjackoff has raised his ugly head in here. Good grief! Can we just move on and stop interacting so much with these people? The amount of tit-for-tat back and forth posting is terrible. I'd say 95% of the past 15 pages of posts have just been a constant FUD, then FUD rebuttal, then FUD rebuttal come-back, then FUD rebuttal come-back plus ask for details of proof, explanation, etc. It's appalling that so many are taking the bait and adding to the cacophony and continuation of shit-head noise.

I'm interested in what Spread's going to do to get adopted and how it will make inroads into areas that crypto may not currently touching i.e. what is Spread for and why is it important?

Can we talk about these concepts and just leave these idiots alone? I've responded once to Hippie and then bumped that response but I doubt it's had any effect. That's about as much as I'm willing to do because he's clearly committed to putting shit on everyone. We just shouldn't interact any further. The same with red,"can't,use,commas",text fool. And don't get started with ebolajackoff, it's just not worth it; he's had a history of extreme FUD and aggression in the DRK thread over many months and he's an untrustworthy individual.

Well said.
bitman008

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 12:45:20 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 06:34:41 PM by mprep

Dev,please update the title of this topic.
more pools and FPGA will be coming soon.
Have you considered to switch the algorithm to make it more ASIC-resistant?

pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 12:50:52 AM

Guys,

I'm a long term DRK investor and supporter, I have a single masternode and have been in DRK since it was around it's ATH. I've traded reasonably over that time to build up my holdings (an achievement in and of itself considering I bought in at around 0.02!) but it's not much more than the single masternode. That's okay though, and I'm grateful I've been able to do as much as I do, I've really enjoyed being involved and I love interacting with some very good people.

Now, I've taken a position here in SPR too (unfortunately before all this madness happened over the past few days so I most likely could have had four times as much Spread....that's crypto for you) and am looking forward to setting up a Spread masternode on my existing VPS. I think Mr Spread's take on how things could be done better is very interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing Spread make a positive impact.

And there are clearly many good people here too with lots of commitment, good ideas and positive sentiment. But unfortunately this thread is turning into a farce. I've just spent an hour or so catching up on the past 15 pages and it's been pretty mind numbing to say the least. We've had never ending posts by Hippie and that other idiot that constantly types in big red letters and can't put a space after a comma,to save himself. And now showjackoff has raised his ugly head in here. Good grief! Can we just move on and stop interacting so much with these people? The amount of tit-for-tat back and forth posting is terrible. I'd say 95% of the past 15 pages of posts have just been a constant FUD, then FUD rebuttal, then FUD rebuttal come-back, then FUD rebuttal come-back plus ask for details of proof, explanation, etc. It's appalling that so many are taking the bait and adding to the cacophony and continuation of shit-head noise.

I'm interested in what Spread's going to do to get adopted and how it will make inroads into areas that crypto may not currently touching i.e. what is Spread for and why is it important?

Can we talk about these concepts and just leave these idiots alone? I've responded once to Hippie and then bumped that response but I doubt it's had any effect. That's about as much as I'm willing to do because he's clearly committed to putting shit on everyone. We just shouldn't interact any further. The same with red,"can't,use,commas",text fool. And don't get started with ebolajackoff, it's just not worth it; he's had a history of extreme FUD and aggression in the DRK thread over many months and he's an untrustworthy individual.

RenegadeMan - the easiest thing to do is just ignore the individuals that you want to.  All of their posts disappear but their placeholders are there if they ever say anything of use.

bitman008

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 01:02:24 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 06:34:26 PM by mprep

Burying your heads in the sand doesn't change the fact that SPR is cracked by pool now ,soon multi-pool.Constant dumping will come from multipool and FPGA farmers.

RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 01:07:28 AM

Guys,

RenegadeMan - the easiest thing to do is just ignore the individuals that you want to.  All of their posts disappear but their placeholders are there if they ever say anything of use.

Yes. Thanks pokeytex, I'm well aware of the ignore button but if everyone else is still responding and interacting, one is exposed to it all still through people quoting. It's often very hard to not respond to people whose only intent is harm; one wants to defend and often lash back at the lies and ridicule, but it's exactly the same as all forms of bullying; the perpetrators get-off on being interacted with and seeing people get annoyed/upset. What I'm putting forward is the need for us all to maintain some level of dignity and not get caught up in the abuse and obnoxious behaviour these individuals are so committed to. Once they're getting ignored by everyone, they'll go off to find somewhere else they can peddle their nastiness (it's the nature of the mindset they've chosen to adopt....it feeds off people being "hooked" and responding). Lets just not interact with them beyond perhaps an initial rebuttal to clarify facts. It's the never ending back and forth come-backs that are just filling the thread up with rubbish which will just turn-off many many people.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
pokeytex
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 01:31:44 AM

Guys,

Yes. Thanks pokeytex, I'm well aware of the ignore button but if everyone else is still responding and interacting, one is exposed to it all still through people quoting. It's often very hard to not respond to people whose only intent is harm; one wants to defend and often lash back at the lies and ridicule, but it's exactly the same as all forms of bullying; the perpetrators get-off on being interacted with and seeing people get annoyed/upset. What I'm putting forward is the need for us all to maintain some level of dignity and not get caught up in the abuse and obnoxious behaviour these individuals are so committed to. Once they're getting ignored by everyone, they'll go off to find somewhere else they can peddle their nastiness (it's the nature of the mindset they've chosen to adopt....it feeds off people being "hooked" and responding). Lets just not interact with them beyond perhaps an initial rebuttal to clarify facts. It's the never ending back and forth come-backs that are just filling the thread up with rubbish which will just turn-off many many people.

You are absolutely right.  I fell into that trap a couple times myself today.

E9800

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 01:39:45 AM

On the bright side volume has increased.   Wink
girino
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170

Advertise Here - PM for more info!

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 01:48:15 AM

Guys,

Maybe there should be something like a warning in the OP (or maybe in the title) to dismiss the FUD, so that people that reads the thread do not get caught in the FUD. Something like: FUD and diffamation campaign in progress, please ignore comments by the following users, issues are addressed in posts <link> and <link>.

My fear of just ignoring the trolls is that people that reads the thread will get the wrong impression that their false issues were not addressed, and fall for it.

Advertise Here - PM for more info!
Sic840

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 01:54:10 AM

Guys,

Maybe there should be something like a warning in the OP (or maybe in the title) to dismiss the FUD, so that people that reads the thread do not get caught in the FUD. Something like: FUD and diffamation campaign in progress, please ignore comments by the following users, issues are addressed in posts <link> and <link>.

My fear of just ignoring the trolls is that people that reads the thread will get the wrong impression that their false issues were not addressed, and fall for it.
Fudsters are trying to get investors to sell. New peeps can make judgement call and cost the coin nothing. Investors dump fudsters win free coin. As long as we have post talking of people considering bailing they will continue red letter. Ignore is best option. Feeding is unprofessional. Let the work do the talking.
bitman008

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 01:54:48 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 06:42:20 PM by mprep

Burying your heads in the sand doesn't change the fact that SPR is cracked by pool now ,soon multi-pool.Constant dumping will come from multipool and FPGA farmers.
no comment about this issue?

We all know you're full of FUD - there is no issue, except you.
If truth is FUD,then I have nothing to say.
Another truth is that you a big issue .
BTW : wolf ,is your optimized miner sold well ?  Wink Wink

bitman008

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 01:57:05 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 06:41:57 PM by mprep

Is that possilble yesterday's dumping is from wolf's miner?

pokeytex
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:00:27 AM

LOL - it really is amazing how much room bitman and hippie take up.  When I ignore them I can actually read intelligent comments and have room on one page to see multiple real posts.  I also hope people finding this coin know that crypto is full of these freaks.  If not now you do!

MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:17:53 AM

If anyone is actually scared off by the weak FUD these guys have, I assure you we didn't want their investment anyway as the first bug or minor correction would shake them out and we'd have to buy their coin at a higher level than today.

Just ignore the trolls.  Truly, if the technology Mr. Spread creates is worthy of an increased marketcap, all the FUD in the world won't change that.  A professional community that actually ignores the trolls would actually say MUCH MORE about the coin than a community constantly arguing with them.

Just hit the ignore button please.
snogcel

Activity: 194

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:23:10 AM

If anyone is actually scared off by the weak FUD these guys have, I assure you we didn't want their investment anyway as the first bug or minor correction would shake them out and we'd have to buy their coin at a higher level than today.

Just ignore the trolls.  Truly, if the technology Mr. Spread creates is worthy of an increased marketcap, all the FUD in the world won't change that.  A professional community that actually ignores the trolls would actually say MUCH MORE about the coin than a community constantly arguing with them.

Just hit the ignore button please.

Well put - I'm surely holding. I've reviewed the GitHub source pretty extensively and it's obvious this dev knows what he's doing.

XuvjV4aazgZhcfAj1KRgFnTok1pZZw6Ewu
snogcel

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:27:25 AM

For anyone with concerns about pool mining with Spreadcoin - the following sums up the problem with pools using this coin perfectly ;-)

bitman008

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:27:51 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 06:33:54 PM by mprep

Fools always see brutal truth as FUD,
solo-mining->pool->multipool --???

snogcel

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:32:15 AM

For anyone with concerns about pool mining with Spreadcoin - the following sums up the problem with pools using this coin perfectly ;-)

Just in case no one is familiar with Game Theory :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nash_equilibrium

Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: