Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:39:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810025 times)
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:19:05 PM

Oblox just admit it's a possible threat to you. Since it plans on using Darkcoin's code and features. Thats why you are here asking questions. period  Like we all did when first discovering it.

No, it's not. It doesn't serve a purpose over using BTC. Blindly investing it because it happens to have masternodes doesn't change the fact that there is no utility in the coin over BTC. I'm asking questions hoping someone here is knowledge on something I am missing to justify throwing any money into it. Frankly, I have yet to see a reason to.
Okay here is a quick question then how long did it take DarkCoin to start having utility behind it? Or was DarkCoin created and it was instantly merchant accepted and held value right off the hop? The fact is that SpreadCoin is still new and being developed and I have urged the community lots for us to start marketing the coin and promoting this coin for more adoption from the masses.  I still don't understand why you are even posting in this thread if you have no intention whatsoever of investing in this coin?

It was created to fill a void, thus creating utility. Spreadcoin isn't filling any voids. All I have heard is decentralization babble but in the grand scheme of things, people don't care. I love the idea of decentralization but people actually using the currency don't care. A currency has to be used for it to have any value whatsoever (be it transacted or store of value). If that's your sole pitch for this coin, it's dead in high water. Maybe I'll eat crow months down the road but I have a sneaking suspicion I'll be right.

As for why I am here, maybe I would get to the point of throwing some money at it but I'm not seeing anything to justify doing so.
Fair enough for why you are here Oblox I respect that you claim to be here to research what SpreadCoin has to offer and respect that you are asking questions and not just trying to spread FUD about this coin.  I personally invested in this coin because I had some conversations with the Developer Mr. Spread and one of the main ideas he threw my way about SpreadCoin was that he was really big into making the coin and its features dummy proof so that even the simplest minded person could use SpreadCoin.  That for me was a major buying point because like I said before a lot of people I have tried explaining how to use Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies find it too complicated and sadly write it off because it's not dummy proof or easy to use for everyday people.  I also took note that Mr. Spread when releasing anything to do with SpreadCoin likes to make sure that he explains it in the simplest form possible because I'll be honest I'm not the most technologically advanced person lol I've learned so much about computers in the last 8 months than I have in my entire life because of Crypto but that was because it genuinely interests me.  I believe that SpreadCoin with its easy to set up and easy to use features makes this coin a good contender for being an accepted Crypto in the future which is why I decided to invest in it.  If SpreadCoin can become as easy to use as the swipe of a credit card then people would definitely be interested in accepting it as a payment method.  But as you can see the SpreadCoin community unfortunately lacks marketing and promotion for the coin but as it continues to grow their is no doubt in my mind that it will become a success.  Now about the decentralization you maybe right that most people don't care but the same can be said about the privacy you pointed out with DarkCoin.  The majority of people don't generally care if a coin is anonymous or private as much as they did last summer when that was the hype of every coin.  Although I do agree that maybe privacy holds more water than decentralization I still believe that simple easy to use features for everyday people is what will make a really great coin.  But that's just my opinion.

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:21:33 PM

Then just wait for more development?
Wait for something that interests you in spr, and then invest?
Why all the blabber?

That's all I am getting at. If something exciting comes to the table, I'll reconsider. I just wanted clarification of what utility is provided in justifying the existence of the coin as it currently stands. The same can be said about 99% of the altcoins out there.

Well if 3.5Gh solo mining and the prospect of darkcoins features being added doesn't interest you, then maybe some of MrSpread's own creations for the masternode network will.

MrSpread is one of very few people who actually understand's darkcoins masternode code, i have no doubt he will have his own ideas and uses for the transaction locking system.

Would be nice to see you on board oblox.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:24:10 PM

Just curious but what is the value-add here? At the end of the day, pool or no pool, the average end user isn't going to care. It just has to work, be liquid enough that they aren't raped on exchange, and have markets/merchant acceptance. What merchants are using SPR? What differentiating factor is there over BTC?

If someone wandered into the Darkcoin thread and posted such nonsense, you'd be the first to rip into them.  Cheesy

Spread's anti-pool strategy may not be perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than anything else right now. Are you really comfortable with two people having control of 80% of Darkcoin's hashrate? Do you want me to post those pie charts again? Nobody cares about having actually decentralised blockchain security right now because nobody cares enough about cryprocurrencies to mount a serious attack on a large PoW coin. It's only a matter of time though before it happens, if BTC/DRK/whatever succeed the way we here would all like them to.

Spread borrows the masternode concept from Darkcoin, but the implementation is a fresh one. One that for example solves the masternode payments/forking issues that have plagued Darkcoin from RC3 to this day. Spread masternodes are also different in pricing philosophy, and vastly easier to set up and maintain than Darkcoin's, something I hope the Darkcoin team pays some attention to.

Unlike Noob'AlmightyTextBrick'OnTheBlock I don't personally care about making more BTC, or the market price of either DRK or SPR at all. I'm here because I support blockchain and masternode technology and hope that what they evolve into will in some small way help future generations avoid constant financial rape and pillage by the kleptocrats that currently run this asylum we all live on.

Darkcoin isn't going to change the world by itself, Spread can help a little too. Adoption is the only thing that is really going to help, and if Spread brings more users and supporters of the masternode concept on board then it will benefit Darkcoin too. I think everyone who holds any of either should hold a bit of the other too, bitching between the two groups isn't going to help anyone.

Both SPR and DRK are currently testing IX, I think this is a great thing. My personal belief is that IX has a far broader market appeal than Darksend. Comparatively few people give a damn about their privacy, but everyone's in a hurry... Anyway, there's no reason SPR can't have its own version of DS in time. It's just not the current priority, rightly in my opinion.

SPR is based on the same API as BTC and DRK, if wider merchant adoption comes for one it will come for all.

I think saying that SPR has no differentiating features over Bitcoin is plain silly. Please spank yourself, but a few SPR, and help support a fresh implementation of Evan's genius, by an honest and skilled developer. Smiley

Two people don't control 80% of Darkcoin's hashrate. I know your argument on pools for months now but BTC is sitting there waiting for these evil pools to go all rogue and start 51% attacks... waiting.

I'm not keen on the pricing strategy personally. I think it's interesting from an academic standpoint on market behavior and psychology, but from an investment standpoint and real-world practicality, it's another variable needing to be thrown into the equation for calculating ROI.

In terms of reach, instant transactions are far more appealing than Darksend, but that's a given.

I do welcome any of Mr. Spread's contributions in terms of improving Darkcoin. I'm just trying to see what value-add is here.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:30:33 PM

Two people don't control 80% of Darkcoin's hashrate. I know your argument on pools for months now but BTC is sitting there waiting for these evil pools to go all rogue and start 51% attacks... waiting.

Yes, two people do. Take another look at this. Really, if that level of centralisation and therefore vulnerability doesn't bother you, you're daft.

Quick visual reminder of Spread's pool-free solo mining - this is a thing of beauty:

For contrast, here is Darkcoin:

Or worse, there are several admins each of those two servers who can be compromised. Pools are run by people. But you just go on living in la la land where bad things never happen so why bother guarding against them eh?

I have addressed why nobody has made a serious attack yet on BTC - nobody cares enough.
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 11:31:19 PM

I've already said my views on comparing crypto to the early stages of the internet, it doesn't need to be said again. I guess we shall see how much utility is truly placed on decentralized currencies.

The only thing I know for sure is, that from now on we will have a constant evolution of money.

We will always see hundreds if not thousands of active cryptocurrencies. ALL THE TIME.

The worst thing for cryptocurrencies would be to suddenly only have 2 or 3 of them and have the rest disappear for whatever strange reason. This would only happen thru (government) coercion (regulation that doesn't allow new coins to be created), never as a voluntary act.

Having hundreds of cryptocurrencies around the world is in itself the most beautiful form of decentralization I can think of at the moment.
So in a way, decentralization has already won, and doesn't need to justify its validity.

Spreadcoin thinks this is the most important lesson of cryptocurrencies.

But some people can't get that in their head, they just want their coin to win, or they hope their coin will be among the last standing survivors of the coin wars or something. lol

NOT GONNA HAPPEN, we will constantly see new coins appear, and old ones transform or die.

We here at spreadcoin think that decentralization is what will give us the best adaptability and flexibility so we can keep on transforming and surviving.
Because in this crazy game of evolution, surviving is the only thing that is of importance.

oblox
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:32:20 PM

Yes, two people do. Or worse, there are several admins each of those two servers who can be compromised. Pools are run by people. But you just go on living in la la land where bad things never happen so why bother guarding against them eh?

I have addressed why nobody has made a serious attack yet on BTC - nobody cares enough.

...yeah and every individual miner mining through that pool is going to magically continue mining for an exploited pool. Get real.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:33:55 PM

Unlike Noob'AlmightyTextBrick'OnTheBlock I don't personally care about making more BTC, or the market price of either DRK or SPR at all. I'm here because I support blockchain and masternode technology and hope that what they evolve into will in some small way help future generations avoid constant financial rape and pillage by the kleptocrats that currently run this asylum we all live on.

WOW Sorry for typing so much Mr. Crouton (I can call you that right, that's being respectful) I didn't realize that my words would be taken and twisted around by everyone!

1. I never said I was in SpreadCoin just to make more BTC, I said that the masses trade altcoins to make more BTC which whether anyone likes it or not is the TRUTH!

2. I'm sorry I went on a rambling huge text block rampage today I haven't been having a good day and apologize for that

3. I also believe that cryptocurrencies are a means to help future generations be released from the stronghold of the people who run the Economy

4. Honestly if all I cared about was more BTC than anything else I would've already cashed out of SpreadCoin tripling my investment and moved on to the next coin

5. I do think it's funny though that people are saying that they aren't in this to make money like at least I was honest about why I started trading and investing in cryptocurrencies.  That isn't the only reason though and anyone who says they aren't in crypto to make some money are liars bottom line!  At least I had the balls to say that ya I trade cryptos to make money and everyone twists my words around like I'm some pump and dumper that is only in SpreadCoin for nothing more than making more BTC.  If all I cared about was more BTC I'd stick to swing trading the flavours of the week and not investing a huge part of my portfolio to SpreadCoin don't you think? Anyways sorry Mr. Crouton for writing a big textblock again

EDIT: I don't know why that's all in bold I meant only for the WOW to be bolded lol

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

oblox
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:34:28 PM

I've already said my views on comparing crypto to the early stages of the internet, it doesn't need to be said again. I guess we shall see how much utility is truly placed on decentralized currencies.

The only thing I know for sure is, that from now on we will have a constant evolution of money.

We will always see hundreds if not thousands of active cryptocurrencies. ALL THE TIME.

The worst thing for cryptocurrencies would be to suddenly only have 2 or 3 of them and have the rest disappear for whatever strange reason. This would only happen thru (government) coercion (regulation that doesn't allow new coins to be created), never as a voluntary act.

Having hundreds of cryptocurrencies around the world is in itself the most beautiful form of decentralization I can think of at the moment.
So in a way, decentralization has already won, and doesn't need to justify its validity.

Spreadcoin thinks this is the most important lesson of cryptocurrencies.

But some people can't get that in their head, they just want their coin to win, or they hope their coin will be among the last standing survivors of the coin wars or something. lol

NOT GONNA HAPPEN, we will constantly see new coins appear, and old ones transform or die.

We here at spreadcoin think that decentralization is what will give us the best adaptability and flexibility so we can keep on transforming and surviving.
Because in this crazy game of evolution, surviving is the only thing that is of importance.

Having hundreds (if not thousands) of anemic cryptocurrencies is doing more harm than a handful that provide utility. If anything, those "decentralized" bundles of altcoins have stripped BTC from individuals only to pocket P&D groups, scammers, and greedy devs.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:36:06 PM

...yeah and every individual miner mining through that pool is going to magically continue mining for an exploited pool. Get real.

Most miners don't give a damn and certainly aren't monitoring network stats all day long. And since they all have the same three or four failover pools, changing pools is going to accomplish jack shit anyway.

You need to take your head out of the sand.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:40:13 PM

Okay I'm done for today lol Let's just sum this up to their are people who believe in Spreadcoin and what it is attempting to achieve and there are some people who don't think that way lol Either way I hope that one day Crypto can just be nice and everyone get along because it's too much energy for people to argue when both sides have completely different views on the subject at hand.  Oblox maybe one day you will see the potential of SpreadCoin and join the community and LoneCrouton sorry again for the textblocks today like I said I just didn't like how everyone twisted my words around that's all Smiley Anyways have a great evening everyone and look forward to seeing what comes out next for SpreadCoin Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 11:46:23 PM

Having hundreds (if not thousands) of anemic cryptocurrencies is doing more harm than a handful that provide utility. If anything, those "decentralized" bundles of altcoins have stripped BTC from individuals only to pocket P&D groups, scammers, and greedy devs.

Again, the only thing that has enabled new ideas to enter the market IS the decentralized nature of everything that allows everybody to input new ideas and share them.
Since people have differing ideas about which way to innovate, you will always see new instantiations pop up, instead of having everybody adapt the same way in "lockstep".

Be careful what you wish for. You will only achieve this goal (having a handful of coins) thru coercive measures. (not allowing anybody else to enter the market, after you have established yourself)

Do you really advocate for that?

oblox
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:56:53 PM

Most miners don't give a damn and certainly aren't monitoring network stats all day long. And since they all have the same three or four failover pools, changing pools is going to accomplish jack shit anyway.

You need to take your head out of the sand.

I remember running my mining farm and I was constantly monitoring it. Others I have talked to was the same. I think it is far more likely that large farms are actively monitoring what they are hashing and where. If I'm playing in the sand, you certainly are as well.
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:59:14 PM

Again, the only thing that has enabled new ideas to enter the market IS the decentralized nature of everything that allows everybody to input new ideas and share them.
Since people have differing ideas about which way to innovate, you will always see new instantiations pop up, instead of having everybody adapt the same way in "lockstep".

Be careful what you wish for. You will only achieve this goal (having a handful of coins) thru coercive measures. (not allowing anybody else to enter the market, after you have established yourself)

Do you really advocate for that?

There is no coercion going on and anyone is free to take a stab at making a cryptocurrency, I'm simply saying that it should offer some sort of utility to justify its existence. It's a free market based on open source technology... there is no stopping new entrants. The landscape is riddled with ideas that have failed and scams. Looks sloppy and amateurish.
Hatch

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 12:02:56 AM

I thought we discussed this pool thing already. Go try to make a public pool and you'll find out why It can't be done.  Or make a private one and invite me into it. And I'll show you why thats still a risk. lol Don't get me wrong im sure some genius can think of a way around it one day.

Love it! Nothing like an invitation for them to put their money where their mouth is!
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 12:05:56 AM

There is no coercion going on and anyone is free to take a stab at making a cryptocurrency, I'm simply saying that it should offer some sort of utility to justify its existence. It's a free market based on open source technology... there is no stopping new entrants. The landscape is riddled with ideas that have failed and scams. Looks sloppy and amateurish.

No, that's just evolution.
Take a biology book and you will see the same events and actors there as you see in the cryptoworld: mutations (forks), extinctions (failures), parasites (scams), DNA (open source blockchain) etc...

There is beauty in it. Messy and chaotic beauty.

thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 12:06:06 AM

I remember running my mining farm and I was constantly monitoring it. Others I have talked to was the same. I think it is far more likely that large farms are actively monitoring what they are hashing and where. If I'm playing in the sand, you certainly are as well.

No problem then, I'm sure all will be well, but personally I'm not comfortable having the blockchain that holds my money (particularly in a currency that if successful is more than most going to attract the attention of sociopaths with unlimited budgets and armies of killers) be under the control of just two people, I prefer to use an actually decentralised cryptocurrency. Smiley
goodtodeclare

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 12:08:11 AM

Troll Challenge: start an open registration SPR pool so we can all see how long it takes one person to sweep all the mined coins and run off. Smiley

Trolls, don't you think the major pools would have done so by now if it were feasible?

Ill give 100 SPR to anyone willing to operate a puplic SPR pool.
Please send 100SPR to nonce-pool right now!!!!!!!!!

oblox
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 12:09:26 AM

No problem then, I'm sure all will be well, but personally I'm not comfortable having the blockchain that holds my money (particularly in a currency that if successful is more than most going to attract the attention of sociopaths with unlimited budgets and armies of killers) be under the control of just two people, I prefer to use an actually decentralised cryptocurrency. Smiley

So then you probably should sell your Darkcoin then, no?
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 12:12:11 AM

Troll Challenge: start an open registration SPR pool so we can all see how long it takes one person to sweep all the mined coins and run off. Smiley

Trolls, don't you think the major pools would have done so by now if it were feasible?

nonce-pool is public??? Where can I sign up?

Oh wait, you're a troll.
goodtodeclare

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 12:19:01 AM

nonce-pool is public??? Where can I sign up?

Oh wait, you're a troll.
Are you really a 15 years old kid??
If you are not blind and read the the previous posts,you must have got the answer. Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: