Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:07:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 [300] 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810025 times)
girino
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170

Advertise Here - PM for more info!

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 01:42:51 AM

It will be a huge mistake if we change the name away from masternode.  Block.  Blockchain.  Masternode.  These are terms everyone knows.  Should we call the blockchain a Spreadchain while we're at it?

PLEASE do not change the name of a technology everyone already knows.  While Mr. Spread rewrote masternode code, the idea behind it is still the same.  They're masternodes.

If you change the name you're going to be explaining what a fucking Spreadnode is 400x a day.

We want to differentiate from darkcoin, not bitcoin.  Smiley

What if I told you that masternode is a horrible name for a cryptocurrency that stands for decentralization?

Everybody understands "blockchain", it makes sense, it's a chain of blocks. D'uh.

Everybody understands "miner", they are mining for coins like a miner in a goldmine.

But masternode? What exactly is so "master" about them?
Who are they the master of?  Huh

I never understood that.

I think if we call our nodes something like ServerNodes then it is much more self-explanatory, right?

Servernode has the exact same problem of masternodes. Servers are centralization points, so servernode does not fit a decentralized coin either.

And then, why differentiate from DRK? it is established technology SPR is improving upon. "differentiating" from it in name only while keeping the similarities in functionality is just to sweep the dirt under the carpet.

It's the first time I hear someone say that DRK is established technology.

I will carefully assume that probably BITCOIN is established technology, although it hasn't left beta stage yet and who knows what problems lie ahead.

I am just saying.... Spreadcoin isn't Darkcoin. And it would make sense for us to start acting like in any healthy competition, instead of constantly following in darkcoin's wake.

Cool

well, it`s then emerging technology SPR is improving upon. Doesn't really matters if it is established or not. Just that SPR is improving it, so why sweep that under the carpet? Render unto Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and masternodes is a DRK idea, let's attribute it correctly. Lets render unto SPR what is really SPR's (decentralization and instant transactions with SPR implementation)...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
girino
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 01:46:22 AM

Lets stick with "Decentralized Masternodes"

That could be the solution!

Yes, that solves both the attribution and identity problems.

Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 01:49:20 AM

Cheesy Anyone think so  Roll Eyes

LMFAO that is absolute gold mate, gave me a laugh and a half.
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 01:49:58 AM

well, it`s then emerging technology SPR is improving upon. Doesn't really matters if it is established or not. Just that SPR is improving it, so why sweep that under the carpet? Render unto Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and masternodes is a DRK idea, let's attribute it correctly. Lets render unto SPR what is really SPR's (decentralization and instant transactions with SPR implementation)...

Are we improving it? Or are we rewriting it?

DRK can own masternodes, it's their idea, their specific implementation.

But they don't have a patent or naming rights for every technology that thinks about using servers as additional actors in a cryptocurrency.

So what if another coin comes along that has nothing to do with darkcoin and decides to use servers..... should it call those entities Masternodes out of respect for darkcoin?

Ofcourse not!

Nthused
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 01:54:34 AM

Also guys for some reason my post got moderated for some reason although I don't know if it was from the self moderated thread or this one.

It was just a question about if anybody is gambling their SPR as I was going to suggest the SPR community hit up some Gambling Sites, I wouldn't mind some Roulette, Blackjack, Poker, Texas Hold'em, etc instead of just Dice.
njs811

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 01:55:56 AM

This is the same as spreadx11. Everyone knows x11 adding spread only makes it obvious that its different. If we call them servernodes people will understand.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 01:58:41 AM

This is the same as spreadx11. Everyone knows x11 adding spread only makes it obvious that its different. If we call them servernodes people will understand.
I still like SpreadNodes personally Smiley and InstaSpread Wink lol For real though

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 02:03:11 AM

My personal favorite is servernodes.

It's self-explanatory, and it cuts any ties we have with darkcoin ...

I would also be ok with spreadnodes, first because those nodes ARE really spreading stuff around (transactions, etc...)

but also because it continues the theme we started with spreadx11...

maybe this can be our own tradition of adding the name spread to everything...

Anyway... I am just thinking out loud here... but those thoughts must be had.... it's time to find our identity...

njs811

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 02:06:25 AM

My personal favorite is servernodes.

It's self-explanatory, and it cuts any ties we have with darkcoin ...

I would also be ok with spreadnodes, because it continues the theme we started with spreadx11...

maybe this can be our own tradition of adding the name spread to everything...

Anyway... I am just thinking out loud here... but those thoughts must be had.... it's time to find our identity...

I agree, and servernodes sounds more professional. However, if we call it speradnodes it strengthens our identity. Like adding Mc in front of everything at McDonalds.
girino
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 02:09:19 AM

improving on it. 90% of SPR code is still code from bitcoin and darkcoin. It makes no sense to "rewrite" anything.

But they don't have a patent or naming rights for every technology that thinks about using servers as additional actors in a cryptocurrency.
No, they don't, it's simply the ethical way to treat intellectual property:  attribute it to the people that had the idea in the first place.

So what if another coin comes along that has nothing to do with darkcoin and decides to use servers..... should it call those entities Masternodes out of respect for darkcoin?
If they work in the same way and perform the same tasks, with only a different implementation, then YES, they should name them masternodes. It makes no sense to rename something that performs the same functions just because you don't like, or compete with, the people who created it. It like apple calling smartphones "intelligent phones" just because blackberry where the ones who coined the term "smartphone".

Ofcourse not!

njs811

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 02:14:57 AM

improving on it. 90% of SPR code is still code from bitcoin and darkcoin. It makes no sense to "rewrite" anything.

No, they don't, it's simply the ethical way to treat intellectual property:  attribute it to the people that had the idea in the first place.

If they work in the same way and perform the same tasks, with only a different implementation, then YES, they should name them masternodes. It makes no sense to rename something that performs the same functions just because you don't like, or compete with, the people who created it. It like apple calling smartphones "intelligent phones" just because blackberry where the ones who coined the term "smartphone".

Ofcourse not!

Apple has done a TON of marketing to teach people to say Iphone instead of smartphone. Everyone now calls an Iphone and Iphone. Every other phone has a specific name but is easily called a smartphone.  Psychologically speaking they are not even in the same category anymore.
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 02:15:34 AM

I have tremendous respect for Evan Duffield and what he has done for Darkcoin and cruptocurrency as a whole.  It has been unfortunate to see the way the various communities have lacked professionalism, but it's not that surprising.  Frustrating, but not surprising.

I've suggested a wide variety of things for Spreadcoin that haven't been done and I'm ok with that; we don't always get our way, nor should we.

But to rename masternodes and InstantX to something else would be very disrespectful and wrong on many levels.  I will not be a part of a coin that acts in such a manner.  So yes, you can rename them to whatever you want, but I won't be a part of Spreadcoin anymore if you do.  That doesn't mean you guys shouldn't.  If you feel it's that important to rename them, go for it.  I simply can't be a part of a community that I feel would be lacking ethics.
njs811

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 02:16:42 AM

A name can make or break a product. Dogecoin isn't that great, but its name and publicity made it huge.  In reality its a ridiculous coin with no potential for a future. We have to pay attention to our names because it could make or break our advertising.  
Nthused
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 02:19:07 AM

I have tremendous respect for Evan Duffield and what he has done for Darkcoin and cruptocurrency as a whole.  It has been unfortunate to see the way the various communities have lacked professionalism, but it's not that surprising.  Frustrating, but not surprising.

I've suggested a wide variety of things for Spreadcoin that haven't been done and I'm ok with that; we don't always get our way, nor should we.

But to rename masternodes and InstantX to something else would be very disrespectful and wrong on many levels.  I will not be a part of a coin that acts in such a manner.  So yes, you can rename them to whatever you want, but I won't be a part of Spreadcoin anymore if you do.  That doesn't mean you guys shouldn't.  If you feel it's that important to rename them, go for it.  I simply can't be a part of a community that I feel would be lacking ethics.

Want to sell me all your coins cheap then lol

Don't worry the DEV knows how to handle things.
njs811

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 02:19:11 AM

That's not an unethical action at all. Companies do it all the time. Its marketing 101.
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 02:21:30 AM

If I am not mistaken, there were mobile phones with extra features in the 90s called Palms...

They could also be considered "smart phones" in hindsight but they chose a terrible name for their product.

So, I don't think that the company that coined the phrase "smartphone" is also the first company that actually produced what we consider "smart" phones.

What if masternodes is auch a "terrible name" too?  Grin

MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 02:22:19 AM

That's not an unethical action at all. Companies do it all the time. Its marketing 101.

Just because some companies do it doesn't make it ethical.  Make no mistake, a substantial number of corporations are very evil enterprises.  Cryptocurrency is supposed to be one of the tools the common man has to help initiate change and take the power away from such companies and governments.  I'm not going to be a part of a coin that is doing the same thing.
njs811

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 02:24:21 AM

I have tremendous respect for Evan Duffield and what he has done for Darkcoin and cruptocurrency as a whole.  It has been unfortunate to see the way the various communities have lacked professionalism, but it's not that surprising.  Frustrating, but not surprising.

But to rename masternodes and InstantX to something else would be very disrespectful and wrong on many levels.  I will not be a part of a coin that acts in such a manner.  So yes, you can rename them to whatever you want, but I won't be a part of Spreadcoin anymore if you do.  That doesn't mean you guys shouldn't.  If you feel it's that important to rename them, go for it.  I simply can't be a part of a community that I feel would be lacking ethics.

Ever seen a church with a different name? Same God, different name. Baptist,  Presbyterian, Catholic, Church of Christ, Church of God, Lutheran, Episcopalian, Christian Church. To name a few. It's all the same when you look at the big picture, but the devil is in the details (no pun intended).  Calling a product a different name is a normal practice in marketing. How about different names for the same graphics card?  There are SEVEN different names for the R9 280x. What's different about the card? Not much.

Asus R9 280x
Club3d R9 280x
Gigabyte R9 280x
HIS R9 280x
MSI R9 280x
Sapphire R9 280x Toxic OC
Sapphire R9 280x Vapor-X OC
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 02:27:08 AM

Apple has done a TON of marketing to teach people to say Iphone instead of smartphone. Everyone now calls an Iphone and Iphone. Every other phone has a specific name but is easily called a smartphone.  Psychologically speaking they are not even in the same category anymore.

Good point!

njs811

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 02:28:59 AM

Spreadcoin may not be vastly different than DRK, but it is different enough to call it something else entirely. 
Pages: « 1 ... 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 [300] 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: