Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:38:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 [319] 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810025 times)
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 07:02:34 PM

Guys cheap spr at Bittrex!!!

When public pool up it will be better to mine so wait and mine instead of buy.  Everyone will have chance to mine not just big farm.

Its already public, just msg me which miners you need and i'll send them to you

What do you mean which miners? And I would be careful. Pools running SPR have the ability to steal your coins!

huh ? How should I steal the coins ? And why ? The pool is free, the miners are "standard-miners" like ccminer/sgminer and you can always watch your stats in the miner and at the pool i.e. found blocks etc. so there is very low danger of "pools stealing coins" .. lol Smiley

You can get hit by a car by walking over the street, you know ? Smiley

Nice try, but SPR is designed to allow anyone in the pool to steal coins. You would have a better chance of running across a busy 10 lane highway, than mining in a pool.

Yes - but there are (easy) ways around this - tbh its not really difficult to encrypt the whole data transfer pool -> miner etc..

Its all about crypto, you know ? Smiley

EDIT: And if the value of SPR would be higher, someone would invest much more energy in this to make it even MORE secure... Its currently just too cheap to invest a lot of (man)power in it

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
njs811

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 07:07:46 PM

When public pool up it will be better to mine so wait and mine instead of buy.  Everyone will have chance to mine not just big farm.

What do you mean which miners? And I would be careful. Pools running SPR have the ability to steal your coins!

huh ? How should I steal the coins ? And why ? The pool is free, the miners are "standard-miners" like ccminer/sgminer and you can always watch your stats in the miner and at the pool i.e. found blocks etc. so there is very low danger of "pools stealing coins" .. lol Smiley

Nice try, but SPR is designed to allow anyone in the pool to steal coins. You would have a better chance of running across a busy 10 lane highway, than mining in a pool.

Yes - but there are (easy) ways around this - tbh its not really difficult to encrypt the whole data transfer pool -> miner etc..

EDIT: And if the value of SPR would be higher, someone would invest much more energy in this to make it even MORE secure... Its currently just too cheap to invest a lot of (man)power in it

The price will go up, but pools are still a waste.  Only a fool uses a pool.
minerpage

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 07:08:50 PM

Holy cow that price is awesome!

By the time I transferred some BTC, the price already went up... time for some Masternodes Cool
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 07:09:31 PM

You are free and can Solo at anytime Smiley

zmija

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 07:19:36 PM

I was mining on both and since linux nvidia drivers a well behind windows i was getting only 1200 khs and on windows 1500 khs with gtx 860, but i wasn't trying to mine on linux with 280x. CPU mining is also better on windows for 40 khs and i have i7-4710HQ

40kh/s? You should be able to get better than that - even on a mobile CPU. My desktop CPU gets 300kh/s+ on SPR with the stock in-wallet miner.
Well Wolf0 i get 55-65 khs on linux and on windows 90-100 khs with 7 cores (not using 8 )
Do u use Xeon to get 300+?

No, it's my desktop - i7-5930K, overclocked.
Really, i see u know how to handle your hardware. I wonder if i could overclock mine since my mobile is using 2 fans one for cpu and one for gpu. (btw the mobile still has 7 months warranty left so....) Wink

Most laptops have locked CPUs and no OC options in the BIOS - however, if you know the specific chip your motherboard uses, you can use a program like SetFSB to clock it a bit higher.

I'm running my i7-5930K at 4.65Ghz (IIRC), and DDR4-2666 OC'd to DDR4-3000.
It's Lenovo Y50-70 with Intel HM86 Motherboard Chipset

Let me check what my laptop gets - it has an i7-4700HQ.

Done: Stock gets ~200kh/s, modified ~300kh/s. I actually expected the gain to be bigger.

Screenshots (NSFW): https://ottrbutt.com/miner/spreadcoin-cpu-stock.png & https://ottrbutt.com/miner/spreadcoin-cpu-modified.png
Uoouu but that wasn't your i7-4700HQ mobile processor right?

Indeed it was - stock clocks.
But how can it be isn't i7-4710HQ even a bit faster then i7-4700HQ, but i can't pass 100 khs? How is that possible?

Are you using a 64-bit build of spreadcoin-qt?
64-bit of course

Well, I'm on Linux, and you're on Windows... only difference being, I'm on testnet, and you're on mainnet. That, and I built it myself, but I didn't change any flags...
Now that's interesting i only get 49 khs on 32-bit wallet, probably normal since it's 64-bit system

Of course, then - it's probably a generic build that doesn't take advantage of SSE2 - which all 64-bit CPUs have.
So in your opinion it would better to compile it on linux from source code then? Maybe i would get higher hash rate from CPU?

Almost certainly. Also, if you edit the Makefile to add a few optimization flags, it'll be even faster.
Well thx i'll give it a try. You wouldn't know which optimization flags to add or would you Cheesy

Of course - try -march=native and -O3, you'll need to replace -O2 in the Makefile, as well as remove -march=x86-64 and -mtune=generic, if they are present. Search and replace should help.
Thx Wolf0 i'll give it a try and let u know if it's working (better i hope Smiley ). Do u think compiling nvidia miner would also give me better hash rate?

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
wow!NotAgain

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 07:26:21 PM

I want to mine at pool.  I send you message.
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 07:35:33 PM

I want to mine at pool.  I send you message.

Pmed you

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 07:39:13 PM

If I get a chance to fire up my miners, I might try out the SPR pool.

Cheers,
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 07:40:44 PM

If I get a chance to fire up my miners, I might try out the SPR pool.

Cheers,

Sure, you are very welcome, Which miners do you need? Send me a msg when you are ready and I get you fixed up Smiley

defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 09:27:29 PM

It's never been the worry that pools will steal your coins.

It's you keeping the coins you have mined.

How do you stop miners from keeping the coins they mine?
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 09:29:47 PM

see, liquidity is a good thing  Grin
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 09:36:03 PM

Actually, since this pool mining option is available, I've decided to buy several thousand SPR.

Like I said, thanks for the liquidity  Wink
Ezravdb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 506

Trphy.io

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 09:55:34 PM

Actually, since this pool mining option is available, I've decided to buy several thousand SPR.

same here

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
zmija

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 10:21:03 PM

I was mining on both and since linux nvidia drivers a well behind windows i was getting only 1200 khs and on windows 1500 khs with gtx 860, but i wasn't trying to mine on linux with 280x. CPU mining is also better on windows for 40 khs and i have i7-4710HQ

40kh/s? You should be able to get better than that - even on a mobile CPU. My desktop CPU gets 300kh/s+ on SPR with the stock in-wallet miner.
Well Wolf0 i get 55-65 khs on linux and on windows 90-100 khs with 7 cores (not using 8 )

Really, i see u know how to handle your hardware. I wonder if i could overclock mine since my mobile is using 2 fans one for cpu and one for gpu. (btw the mobile still has 7 months warranty left so....) Wink

Most laptops have locked CPUs and no OC options in the BIOS - however, if you know the specific chip your motherboard uses, you can use a program like SetFSB to clock it a bit higher.

Done: Stock gets ~200kh/s, modified ~300kh/s. I actually expected the gain to be bigger.

Screenshots (NSFW): https://ottrbutt.com/miner/spreadcoin-cpu-stock.png & https://ottrbutt.com/miner/spreadcoin-cpu-modified.png

But how can it be isn't i7-4710HQ even a bit faster then i7-4700HQ, but i can't pass 100 khs? How is that possible?

64-bit of course

Well, I'm on Linux, and you're on Windows... only difference being, I'm on testnet, and you're on mainnet. That, and I built it myself, but I didn't change any flags...
Now that's interesting i only get 49 khs on 32-bit wallet, probably normal since it's 64-bit system

Of course, then - it's probably a generic build that doesn't take advantage of SSE2 - which all 64-bit CPUs have.
So in your opinion it would better to compile it on linux from source code then? Maybe i would get higher hash rate from CPU?

Almost certainly. Also, if you edit the Makefile to add a few optimization flags, it'll be even faster.
Well thx i'll give it a try. You wouldn't know which optimization flags to add or would you Cheesy
he ruslts
Of course - try -march=native and -O3, you'll need to replace -O2 in the Makefile, as well as remove -march=x86-64 and -mtune=generic, if they are present. Search and replace should help.
Thx Wolf0 i'll give it a try and let u know if it's working (better i hope Smiley ). Do u think compiling nvidia miner would also give me better hash rate?

I highly doubt it - the CPU builds are build for the crappiest CPUs with the least features because no one takes the time to run CPUID and have it run different code based on the results - GPU miners are often tuned for a specific type of GPU.
I don't get it i've added -march=native and i was mining @ 65 khs and then i've added -march=corei7-avx and the results r the same it just won't get higher then 65 khs??? Any Ideas

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 10:33:34 PM

Can someone please break the chain?
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 10:38:49 PM

same here

If you also want to mine, hop on the pool and tell me which miners you need :-)

zmija

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 10:42:14 PM

64-bit of course

he ruslts

I highly doubt it - the CPU builds are build for the crappiest CPUs with the least features because no one takes the time to run CPUID and have it run different code based on the results - GPU miners are often tuned for a specific type of GPU.
I don't get it i've added -march=native and i was mining @ 65 khs and then i've added -march=corei7-avx and the results r the same it just won't get higher then 65 khs??? Any Ideas

How did you add it? Pastebin the makefile.
I've edit makefile.unix this line xCXXFLAGS=-O3 -march=corei7-avx -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -std=gnu++0x -Wno-literal-suffix \

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 10:43:30 PM

-snip-

I've edit makefile.unix this line xCXXFLAGS=-O3 -march=corei7-avx -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -std=gnu++0x -Wno-literal-suffix \

There you go.
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 10:50:23 PM

same here

Can I just use my spreadminer or did you create a special one?

pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 10:54:39 PM

same here

Can I just use my spreadminer or did you create a special one?

NM - I just biffed myself!  Sending pm now.

Pages: « 1 ... 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 [319] 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: