Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:57:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 [345] 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810025 times)
njs811

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 04:56:37 AM

I just sold half my SPR because Mr. Spread hasn't logged in for awhile.  Has me nervous.  Sad

Bravo to this guy.

While it has been 10 days it is not completely finished.  He may come back, the community might step up. Who knows.
Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 05:05:28 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2015, 05:35:13 AM by Jesse Livermore

I just sold half my SPR because Mr. Spread hasn't logged in for awhile.  Has me nervous.  Sad

Bravo to this guy.

While it has been 10 days it is not completely finished.  He may come back, the community might step up. Who knows.

I think we're quickly approaching the point where even if he does come back the Coin's reputation is shot. This will provide FUD-munition for weeks and months to come and all the former hardcore backers will feel so put off and pulled through the ringer that it'll be awhile for things to get back to normal.
And with regards to a new team of dev's... Maybe...with a couple more months of trust to build. Mr. Spread started in July and it took 6-7 months for trust to be there and for the coin to truly take off. It seems in cryptoland, trust is built by commitment. I felt that after reading Mr. Spread's posts from July that he was smart and committed to making a good thing.
That's why this whole thing is so bizarre. I mean, he makes a coin with a cool premise, tacks on some cool features from Darkcoin, seems to have a good relationship with community, tests out an interesting concept then disappears or walks away or goes incommunicado halfway through testing and with money still on the table. Just doesn't make sense.
So either he's on a very extended vacation in China, or this is all a ploy to get as much cheap SPR as possible before reemerging with working masternodes, or something bad unfortunately happened to him or a family member or..... Mr. Spread is Satoshi or a wannabe. Frankly, this has more in common with Satoshi disappearing (smart anonymous dev, still holds large amounts of coin, ingenious idea) than anything else (minus a known backup Dev to take over).

JL

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 05:22:29 AM

I just sold half my SPR because Mr. Spread hasn't logged in for awhile.  Has me nervous.  Sad

Bravo to this guy.

While it has been 10 days it is not completely finished.  He may come back, the community might step up. Who knows.

I think we're quickly approaching the point where even if he does come back the Coin's reputation is shot. This will provide FUD-munition for weeks and months to come and all the former hardcore backers will feel so put off and pulled through the ringer that it'll be awhile for things to get back to normal.
And with regards to a new team of dev's... Maybe with a couple more months of trust to build. Mr. Spread started in July and it took 6-7 months for trust to be there and for the coin to truly take off.
JL

the crypto 'communities' are a fickle bunch ...

one may assume - predict - or react to ...

but one can never be able to accurately state that THAT is what is going to happen or THIS is what is going to happen ...

in crypto itself - the most amazing things can be seen - as well as the most incredibly futile ... all at the same time ...

fickle i tell you - fickle ...

Wink ...

#crysx

njs811

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 05:40:31 AM

The whole thing is frustrating. He is letting a lot of people down. After all the mining and investing and he just drops it. I really hope to hear a good excuse. Lost a big investment on this one. Both time and money. A good dev needs to be intelligent and wise. Someone who knows good PR and code. I give mr. Spread 4 more days before I give up on him.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 05:55:42 AM

The whole thing is frustrating. He is letting a lot of people down. After all the mining and investing and he just drops it. I really hope to hear a good excuse. Lost a big investment on this one. Both time and money. A good dev needs to be intelligent and wise. Someone who knows good PR and code. I give mr. Spread 4 more days before I give up on him.

seriously mate ... since when does a developer need to know pr ...

or even stay with a coin for that matter? ...

im all for spr - and crypto in general - but an investment in such things as these need to be taken with a grain of salt ...

ive said this many times before and ill say it again ...

NEVER invest more than you are willing to lose ... NEVER ...

this doesnt just include fiat or crypto - but also includes time and effort and electricity ...

yet time and time again i see the same thing - that you have lost a big investment ...

i feel for you - really i do ... but who made the decision to chase this in the first place? ... im guilty of it - so i put my hand up ...

but i KNOW i can lose what ever i put into this - no matter how small or big it is ...

this mr spread - or 'the dev' as i call him - is entitled to do what he damn well likes ... there is NO ONE to answer to here in the crypto world ... which really is a pity - as the communities that come together for these sorts of things are superb in essence ...

i wish i could code as well as mr spread or wolf0 or djm34 or sp_ or a great deal of those amazing developers out there in crypto world ... i would take over this coin in a heartbeat ... but i cant code - nor can i do much else with the coin except manage it ...

all im saying is - demands to a non-entity is futile and fruitless ... maybe you have given yourself 4 days before you store away all the spr you have in the hope that it might resurface one day ... thats great - at least you have an end in sight ... there are so many that live in the 'hope' that things are going to get better or worse ( depending on which side of the fence you are on ) ...

me? ... i live in the moment - that watching this happen is an amazing experience for me - as well as the involvement i have with it all - not just spr ...

relax - chill - and lay back for a bit ... all good things will come to fruition - not just those who wait ... and if this is one of those things - then it will ...

anyway - smile mate ... smile ...

#crysx

duboisi

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:40:42 AM

Again I assume @e1ghtspace has give the correct info that Mr. Spread is from China. I just google and found that official China's official holiday is from 18 - 24 Feb, and the famous Chinese New Year "world greatest migration" is happening from 16Feb to 1Mar. I am quite sure he will be back, soon.
ivcelmik

Activity: 519

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 06:48:22 AM

Again I assume @e1ghtspace has give the correct info that Mr. Spread is from China. I just google and found that official China's official holiday is from 18 - 24 Feb, and the famous Chinese New Year "world greatest migration" is happening from 16Feb to 1Mar. I am quite sure he will be back, soon.

Me too i'm sure that  a lot a people will regret that they have been sale at this prices
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 07:05:29 AM

http://www.ip-tracker.org/locator/ip-lookup.php?ip=31.168.172.144

So I guess he actually isn't from China?
ivcelmik

Activity: 519

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 07:16:28 AM

Doesn't metter from where he is China or not he has done a lot for this coin and he will continue his work i'm sure so who don't belive that can sells their coins and move to another
sparkster

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:20:38 AM

He probably used a proxy or VPN. EDIT: Was his IP the same or at least from same country each time?
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 07:24:44 AM

He probably used a proxy or VPN.
Exactly. I think early on he didn't use one because I specifically remember thinking to myself
"Oh he's Chinese? Wow I never suspected that."
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:48:33 AM

The guy is on Chinese New Year holiday. He hasn't had one for 6 months.

He was even posting on Christmas day:

Then i learned that spr's code base is forked from darkcoin's and implementing darksend should be 'a walk in the park'.
This isn't 'walk in the park'. There are many things that should be changed, look e.g. at masternode payments. In DarkCoin the owner(s) of the specific private key (this is Evan Duffield and co. I suppose) decide which masternode and when will receive a payment. In my opinion this is unacceptable, especially for a cryptocurrency which main feature right now is true decentralization. Thus we need a decentralized solution to decide where payments will go. DarkCoin experienced non-stability issues and forks when decentralized method of selecting masternode payments was used, this was because different nodes had different opinion about which masternode should receive a payment. I'm working on a system where forks will be prevented because the nodes which don't agree on masternode payments will be forced to accept the decision of the majority of the hashrate.

At the moment, this is the only thing that makes sense. Plus, I think he lives in Europe and is travelling to China to visit family.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:52:47 AM

It is possible that Mr. Spread was just sick and tired of the Fud and decided to back away to work on the coin. He could come out next week with the latest testnet version or even a full implementation.

Everything can possible. For example when I created PeaceBit thread, I had great idea, but then my friend coder trapped in to traffic collision and I had to return funds and close project...
Of course spread dev can just give a f*ck now or something was happened... you never know 100%.

It's really disappointing that we don't at least know what happened. The last few things he said were specifically about upcoming events here in the next few days. Plus his wallets are still intact. That doesn't sound like he had any intention of quitting. I really think he is backing off of the internet because there were so many problems.  A few people even created hate threads.  Which is completely childish in itself.  If he is still alive there is no way that he has brushed all of this under the rug.  He has incredible potential and the coin could really thrive.  Just a log in from his account could jump the price.

* I was completely impressed by his ability and I am sad to see him gone for so long. If he left because he is frustrated then he should consider asking someone to be his public representative. That person could deal with the public.

agreed ...

and im happy to put my hand up for it Wink ...

#crysx

Well, maybe this would be a good thing.

However, Georgem has been doing quite a lot of good work over on spreadcointalk. Maybe coordinate with those guys, preferably here, so everyone starts getting a feel for whose doing what.

A bit of organisation, a crowd sourced road map, I'll start it and call it a business plan, some effort by code contributors and we'll be up and running in no time.

This is a good time to accumulate some SPR to build your first master node on mainnet  Wink
Madness

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 07:56:38 AM

Is this feature only available on Blockchain.info ? or other wallets do support it also .

~ Madness

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:01:06 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2015, 08:43:42 AM by coins101

-snip-

Likewise.  Doubled my money or thereabouts, but not a lot.  Maybe made 2BTC.  Lack of clear roadmap was the only thing that stopped me investing seriously in this coin.  Glad I didn't put more in.

Dear boy, it's like you reached into my head and had a little look inside.

I was just thinking the same thing. Road map.

Actually, I was thinking that Plan B (which could become Plan A, if MrSPR wants an easier life), is to produce a Darkcoin clone. That way, the dev team can focus on creating something wonderfully spectacular from Master Nodes. First approached here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715435.msg10560012#msg10560012

A while back, Evan made the correct decision to focus on Darkcoin as a currency that could be deployed on all platforms, but with a particular focus on mobile.

Why try to compete with that?

Lets see a real life Harvard MBA type case study to push the point:

WhatsApp didn't create a new infrastructure. It created a new service on top of an existing infrastructure, Apps, in order to compete against mobile network operators.

Lets see and compare the result:

* WhatsApp, started in 2009, sold to Facebook for $19bn (employed less than 100, I think, at the time of sale)
* EE, the UK's largest mobile telephone infrastructure provider, founded through decades of serial acquisitions, about to be purchased by BT for $19bn (employs around 15,000 people).

You see, the infrastructure is great and all that, and I think the line of thinking to focus on solo mining plus the odd pool should continue, but it's the service or product that generates the most profit.

You just have to focus on getting the right service or product to run off the Master Nodes.

The fact that SPR has started down the road of competing with Darkcoin is actually a good thing for both DRK and SPR.

DRK doesn't want to do other stuff with master nodes, at the moment, that don't revolve around currency, or eCash, whereas SPR can focus on other things while benefiting from DRK's open source code (unless MrSPR returns, or contributes under a different guise).

The opportunity here is not that the dev is on holiday. The opportunity here is to look at the project from a different angel.

As a DRK bag holder, I can tell you I was seriously deflated by the decision to focus entirely on eCash and not other things that Master Nodes could do. I 100% agreed with their decision to focus on eCash.  I helped contribute to that decision. But the prospect of having to wait another year or two to get additional services into Master Nodes was nevertheless disappointing.

So, maybe SPR can take on that challenge and instead of being a direct competitor to DRK it can be an opportunity for both projects.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:27:00 AM

-snip-
I DON'T WANT TO. Yeah, if you bribe me with a stupid amount like 25 BTC (without a hidden decimal point) - I'd do it, simply because I'd be stupid not to.

Now even I need some popcorn.

Having slept on it, I think the maintenance side of things is the problem.

Capital expenditure on the upfront work is fine, but it's enhancement and development work that's the issue.

Plus, you don't really seem keen to spend the time on it.

I think that the drop in SPR price is an issue to your miner. If the price goes up you seem to do very well out of SPR. About 2BTC/month if my memory is right. That's with SPR at $100k.  SPR at $2m would see you do very, very, well  for no extra effort Wink

If you can help out with the testing, I'm sure the new dev team would appreciate it, as would the silent bag holders.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:38:24 AM

All those posting on spreadcointalk.

Do you think it is better to post here?

Maybe spreadcointalk and IRC can be used just for testing and creating some static pages for mining guides, or technical FAQs.

I know its a great place to be to avoid FUD and trolling, but activity and momentum here is pretty important for the next few months.

IMO
jpouza
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1114

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:51:40 AM

RIP SPR
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:15:23 AM

I have been doing some numbers and I think that the SPR price target should be $5m over the next 12 months.

Clearly this is not going to just happen.  It will require some coordinated work and it requires Master Nodes, IX and more than likely SPRs version of Darksend.

It will also require some coordinated thinking on products and services to run off Master Nodes.

That could mean that every SPR currently valued at $0.017, could be worth between $3-$5.

As a side note (there is a pun there, wait for it), sidechains (there you go) look like they could be DOA. 

You see moving BTC to and from the blockchain might create a taxable event. Without clear direction from tax authorities, sidechains can't function particularly well on a practical level. Sidechains are required to overcome some practical problems with BTC. Problems that Master Nodes can handle.

The first cousin of DRK could be epic.
tombtc

Activity: 471

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:18:56 AM

You guys seriously trying to explain his absence or it it just denial phase? Cheesy
I think you don't really believe in everything you say here. Dev left and abandoned you. He would have said he is going for a holiday or something and will be offline for a few days. He obviously knew it would crash the price.
It does not fucking matter if he is chinese or from Uruguay. If he still cared about this coin he would have said something long time ago. Wake up.
Pages: « 1 ... 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 [345] 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: