Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:33:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.7 | United Kingdom |  (Read 463978 times)
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 04:35:05 PM

You can join us here in a Google+ Hangout - https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/gqfck3u654eva473lmi4rvb5lya
could you also upload it? because unfortunately i cant watch it today

Not very exciting really. Just me and Steve chatting between ourselves whilst building the new wallet and testing Cheesy

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 04:59:01 PM
Last edit: November 25, 2014, 07:55:23 PM by Sterlingcoin

After some testing, conversing and deliberation we have decided to release Version 1.3 with the new Twitter Feed and Statistics page and to work furthermore on the messaging until we are 100% happy with it.

Version 1.3 is now available for Linux.

Windows and Mac versions are coming very soon Cheesy

Full Release Version Linux Source - https://github.com/Sterlingcoin/Sterlingcoin-Linux-Source

Lite Edition Version Linux Source - https://github.com/Sterlingcoin/Sterlingcoin-Linux-Source-Lite/

EDIT:
Mac Versions now released:

Full Release - https://github.com/Sterlingcoin/Sterlingcoin-Mac-Wallet-Full-Edition/archive/master.zip
Lite Edition - https://github.com/Sterlingcoin/Sterlingcoin-Mac-Wallet-Lite-Edition/archive/master.zip

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 08:07:45 PM

Just getting the Windows versions built and will update all the resources online.

All resources e.g. CNET, SourceForge, GitHub, Bitbucket, Reddit and Website have the Linux and Mac Version 1.3.0.0 available to download.

Let us know what you think if you are already running the new wallet Cheesy

andresm

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 08:13:51 PM

Just getting the Windows versions built and will update all the resources online.

All resources e.g. CNET, SourceForge, GitHub, Bitbucket, Reddit and Website have the Linux and Mac Version 1.3.0.0 available to download.

I love this, go away for a few days and already you guys have made a new wallet with a chat function to be released. Also, for some reason when I downloaded the Mac Lite edition wallet, the zip file contains the Full edition?
EDIT: The wallet looks great btw! Smiley
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 08:19:15 PM

I love this, go away for a few days and already you guys have made a new wallet with a chat function to be released. Also, for some reason when I downloaded the Mac Lite edition wallet, the zip file contains the Full edition?

Where are you downloading from?

EDIT: We see what we have done. We pushed the full edition to the github and bitbucket lite edition repo. Give us 5 minutes Wink

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 08:30:12 PM

EDIT: We see what we have done. We pushed the full edition to the github and bitbucket lite edition repo. Give us 5 minutes Wink

Try now Wink

http://sterlingcoin.org.uk/sterlingcoin-1-2-lite-edition/

andresm

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 08:37:34 PM

Try now Wink

Nice! Great job Smiley
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 08:39:21 PM

Try now Wink

Nice! Great job Smiley

Thank you. We will begin work on Version 1.4 soon. Please let us know your ideas and suggestions if you have any.

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 09:02:14 PM
Last edit: November 25, 2014, 09:21:10 PM by Sterlingcoin

Just ~38% of the PoW/PoS Phase remains Cheesy

To work out the percentage easily, just do this math: BLOCKNUMBER / 1314 = PERCENTAGE

syyyn

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 09:55:03 PM

I want to point something out that has been bothering me slightly recently.  This goes for all coins and not just Sterlingcoin.  Many people are unaware of the actual people who develop crypto currencies.  It seems it comes down to that for each coin there is only one developer.  This is not the case with all coins.  There is a TEAM that works together to bring you the features you want and see in their product. Not just one person.  The reason I am bringing this up is because of a POH voting award I noticed recently.  The vote was for a individual only. Now most of these coins have a team of developers not just one.  Now you may ask why is this important?  For example, this is important to me because recognition gets my name out there in the community. Which in turn also may bring freelance work for me.  Also some people may not see it this way, but the work that I or other Devs do is actually part of our portfolio.  If my name is not on the work along with my team mates then who is to say that I was a part of that project?  Thank you all for reading and let me know what your take is on this.
SpencerLievensSLG

Activity: 76

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 11:12:50 PM

I want to point something out that has been bothering me slightly recently.  This goes for all coins and not just Sterlingcoin.  Many people are unaware of the actual people who develop crypto currencies.  It seems it comes down to that for each coin there is only one developer.  This is not the case with all coins.  There is a TEAM that works together to bring you the features you want and see in their product. Not just one person.  The reason I am bringing this up is because of a POH voting award I noticed recently.  The vote was for a individual only. Now most of these coins have a team of developers not just one.  Now you may ask why is this important?  For example, this is important to me because recognition gets my name out there in the community. Which in turn also may bring freelance work for me.  Also some people may not see it this way, but the work that I or other Devs do is actually part of our portfolio.  If my name is not on the work along with my team mates then who is to say that I was a part of that project?  Thank you all for reading and let me know what your take is on this.

I fully stand alongside Matthew on this. I seem to get all the recognition even though I have laid out exactly what each of the team members do for Sterlingcoin.

Without Matthew Langdon we wouldn't have a custom built block explorer nor an online wallet system or the auto profit switching multipool that is in the works. All of which he coded from the base up in php which most people who have coins are either unable to do, too lazy, or would rather pay or get someone else to do it for them. Matthew also setup the mining pool and assisted Steven Saxton with the auto payout scripts on the Spacedrop. He also attains merchants and helps to setup their services.

Then there is Steven Saxton who created the Spacedrop alongside Matthew, the Sterlingcoin faucet, Sterlingcoin Paper Wallet Creator and is now working on Sterlingcoin forums. He also pays out all of the faucet entries manually currently and has been doing so for weeks now until the payout script is written to handle it automatically. The same as Matthew and myself he also attains merchants and helps to setup their services.

Then there is me. I code and style the wallet, built and maintain the website, the Sterlingcoin subreddit is styled by me, I design all the graphics to do with Sterlingcoin (the logo was created by Rijk Plasman of Guldencoin with input from myself) and I handle the online social media.

BTC: 1EainbzZfYNKUPc18TuCaVuc9GJq6uPNNv
SILK: BJTw2MtNrtfJxPf1N2iqKTk662JLZsUAr5
Rols

Activity: 636
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 11:56:25 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2014, 02:09:39 AM by Rols

You have done great with this coin. The value are low, but that means that nobody can complain that they never got a chance to buy into the coin.
Lets see what next month will do to the price. First comes black friday and BTC is expected to rise and the fifth of december there are a big auction of BTC which will decrease the value of BTC. After that I hope SLG will rise up to the level that it should have.  
nickelback65

Activity: 85

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 02:57:13 AM

Spencer, Matthew and Steven as developers of Sterlingcoin have laid a solid foundation for this coin.  The community will continue to support their efforts and enhance Sterlingcoin.
Sapfon

Activity: 83

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 07:51:32 AM

I want to point something out that has been bothering me slightly recently.  This goes for all coins and not just Sterlingcoin.  Many people are unaware of the actual people who develop crypto currencies.  It seems it comes down to that for each coin there is only one developer.  This is not the case with all coins.  There is a TEAM that works together to bring you the features you want and see in their product. Not just one person.  The reason I am bringing this up is because of a POH voting award I noticed recently.  The vote was for a individual only. Now most of these coins have a team of developers not just one.  Now you may ask why is this important?  For example, this is important to me because recognition gets my name out there in the community. Which in turn also may bring freelance work for me.  Also some people may not see it this way, but the work that I or other Devs do is actually part of our portfolio.  If my name is not on the work along with my team mates then who is to say that I was a part of that project?  Thank you all for reading and let me know what your take is on this.

I for example, do understand that theres a team behind the SLG, but the reason we nominated only one of you is that we can't afford to split the votes between all members of the team in order to get SLG devs over that 15 votes required for consideration for POH.
syyyn

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 10:45:31 AM

I for example, do understand that theres a team behind the SLG, but the reason we nominated only one of you is that we can't afford to split the votes between all members of the team in order to get SLG devs over that 15 votes required for consideration for POH.

Splitting the votes has nothing to do with it.  The vote should have been ran with the coin names instead of a single developer. Things like this are happening too much on the POH (PO-whatever) sites. It would have been as simple as "I nominate Sterlingcoin Devs." Now if this award was designed to be for a individual then they should also be careful how they credit them. 

Lastly I want to credit all of the community for the input they have provided.  Without the strong community we have, Sterlingcoin would not be running still.

Sapfon, thank you for taking time to provide your input on this.  I appreciate it very much.
oneoff

Activity: 148
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 03:35:32 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2014, 10:33:48 PM by oneoff

I asked earlier for any recommendations where I fairly may buy Sterlingcoins with Visa, but haven't got any response?

So, is there any good market place?

Thanks in advance

Maybe I should code a Tipping bot, instead of these well-known DDos bots. I would tip your Wallets until these were overloaded.
Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 03:55:48 PM

I asked earlier for any recommendations where I fairly may buy Sterlingcoins with Visa, but haven't got any response?

So it there any good market place?

Thanks in advance

I think it is only possible to buy Bitcoin with VISA, but you can always send it to an exchange and buy SLG there.

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
andresm

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:42:13 PM

So it there any good market place?

Thanks in advance

I think it is only possible to buy Bitcoin with VISA, but you can always send it to an exchange and buy SLG there.
You can buy Sterlingcoins from LiteBit with Visa/MasterCard credit cards.
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 07:54:59 PM

Windows releases of 1.3 will be available tomorrow. The initial builds had the button on the statistics page to refresh cut off slightly and I have to edit the statistics.ui file (which I have done already) and then build the lite and full versions again.

Spencer

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2014, 10:06:56 AM

I have had to rework the statistics page on the wallet (design wise). I have updated the Linux source on both GitHub and Bitbucket. If you wish to update your Linux wallet with the changes it is live and available now. Windows wallets will include the update. Mac wallets will have the new statistics design in version 1.4 which is underway now. Please see the image below to see the change and whether you wish to change over to this version simply for a different statistics page layout.

Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 263 »
  Print  

Jump to: