Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:07:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.7 | United Kingdom |  (Read 463997 times)
STERLING SENTINEL

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

"The Best of British!" Sterlingcoin (SLG)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2016, 08:00:19 PM

can be done something like nocks for SLG?

or get included in their app¿?

If I remember correctly another coin tried to get included in Nocks but was refused.
It is strictly Gulden only.

Sterling Sentinel

★ Sterlingcoin ★ REGNUM UNITUM ET ORBIS TERRARUM ★ Sterlingcoin ★
STERLING SENTINEL

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2016, 08:04:15 PM

or get included in https://www.noblemovement.com/

ERC EuropeCoin has been included 

it would be a shame not to be there, it's really focused in the end user

Yes, that is definitely something worthwhile to aim for, and certainly achievable.

Sterling Sentinel

STERLING SENTINEL

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2016, 08:06:50 PM

NLG market cap: 21M$

just saying.

clear demand for countrycoins coming...

I do believe you are correct.  

NLG and AUR likely to be the  first, closely followed by SLG!!

Sterling Sentinel

TeslaFreeEnergy

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 09:24:52 PM

Yes, opinions of direction and/or features of the new wallet would be very valuable at this point. You have brought up some interesting ideas, Rols, and I thank you for that. The one I personally am pondering the most at the moment is having another PoW phase. Not only would this adjust the supply as stated, but the attention minable coins get and retain has value also. Miners discussing the coin could be viewed as free publicity. Others seeing that discussion would be reminded the project is alive. But yes, a lower block reward might help the market absorb all the miner dumps, lessening/slowing the negative price impact. This could also help make the minimum volume requirement not such a repeated obstacle. Certainly an algo change would be needed as X13 is no longer ASIC-resistant.

If anyone has an opinion, on a new PoW phase or other features such as masternodes, please do chime in. Your input is wanted and will be reviewed by the team.

I’ve been pondering these issues, and I have to say that I have concluded that pure POS does not seem to be working well for SLG. However, I really hope that no-one is suggesting a change to pure POW; I think that would be a retrograde step for sure.

I’ve always been a fan of hybrid coins (POW/POS) and I reckon that is the way that SLG should go. I think ROLS made that suggestion as well.

The next questions:

Which new algo should be adopted?

I’m no expert in this field, but the algo used by Europecoin looks very interesting.  Could the dev-team evaluate its potential for SLG and then report back?

Masternodes??

What exactly are they?  And what are they meant to achieve?  How would they benefit SLG?

Sterling Sentinel

Total coins is very low. SLG is more scarce than Bitcoin.
As stated before, real life comparison would be the £60bn in physical notes and coins in circulation. And this is only the phsycal notes and coins,
We cannot change from 3,881,156 SLG to 60,000,000,000 SLG because the price will be divided by almost 2000.
Which would be 1,5satoshi btc. (very low change in the price would change a lot the market cap, therefore not practical).
I think the right supply we can afford right now is to make a split of 100:1
This will mean we will have 388,115,600 SLG and the price would be 30 sat. It will look cheap for the people and there is enought room for the price to grow.
In £/$/€ the price of 1 SLG will be more affordable, because noone wants to pay 30£ for 1 SLG. You want to have some of them.

I own quite a big stake of the available SLG and I'm neither interested in printing more SLG.
The problem we have in our society thanks to the central banks is they devaluate our savings by printing more money.
This is not way the economy is gonna solve neither is the way to attract attention to SLG.
Devaluating the value of the already available SLG is not the solution.
I choose to invest in SLG (by this time a few btc which have lost fair amount of value) because of
their financial politcs(5.5% inflation via PoS), the team behind it, the community and the position held in exchanges (for which I'm spending btc to mantain).

I propose to invest some money in marketing.

There are a few tools we can use get some buzz going.

If we want some PressRelease
http://bitcoinprbuzz.com/
http://bitcoinprbuzz.com/services/

Twitter campaing
http://promoplugs.com/

Real promotion for the end users
I can put both SLG and BTC to pay those services.

TeslaFreeEnergy

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 10:22:36 PM

or get included in https://www.noblemovement.com/

ERC EuropeCoin has been included  

it would be a shame not to be there, it's really focused in the end user

Yes, that is definitely something worthwhile to aim for, and certainly achievable.

Sterling Sentinel

It would be awesome if we could get included in their platform and start promoting that you can buy SLG with your IBAN account!

That could be an attractive title

Now you can buy SLG with your bank account!!

https://www.litebit.eu/
or
https://www.litepaid.com/coins

also in https://www.bitbill.eu/

that can be used to pay your bills as you can imagine  Tongue

If we get listed in any of the platforms we can also make an agreement to make together some advertising.

Coinmarketcap banner
BCT banner
Cryptomedia banners
media paid press releases

westloin

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 10:56:07 PM

Whatever you do please do not screw those who already invested into the coin for the past 2 years by devaluing the coin.
I've bought many of my coins when the price was 4000-5000 satoshi. Since then there was no further progression and price tanked resulting in a big loss for me.
Also I was one of the unlucky ones that lost a huge amount from the Cryptsy collapse (188k) Sad
I'm worried a new POW would worsen the position of the early adopters resulting in a bigger loss, and it'd be unfair, unless you've figured out a way to avoid the devaluation of the coin.

TeslaFreeEnergy

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 11:17:37 PM

Whatever you do please do not screw those who already invested into the coin for the past 2 years by devaluing the coin.
I've bought many of my coins when the price was 4000-5000 satoshi. Since then there was no further progression and price tanked resulting in a big loss for me.
Also I was one of the unlucky ones that lost a huge amount from the Cryptsy collapse (188k) Sad
I'm worried a new POW would worsen the position of the early adopters resulting in a bigger loss, and it'd be unfair, unless you've figured out a way to avoid the devaluation of the coin.

Sorry for your Cryptsy loss, I was also affected.

We dont need to devaluate the coin

we need to invest time and money in marketing, and the interest will rise
therefore the price therefore the community therefore the services

Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 07:07:41 AM

Never, never store your funds at cpyptoexchanges. Never. Sorry for offtopic.

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 07:47:24 PM

Never, never store your funds at cpyptoexchanges. Never. Sorry for offtopic.

Great advise!

Please devs, talk to bittrex

Certainly.

Any answer from bittrex?
Do they agree to stop the delisting warning?
Are they willing to do any special "less volume" agreement?

Volume report
15/10/16   0,0423
16/10/16   0,0061
17/10/16   0,8595
18/10/16   0,009
19/10/16   0,0405
20/10/16   0,0911
21/10/16   0,0027
22/10/16   0,0725
23/10/16   0,4642
24/10/16   0,908
25/10/16   0,4797
26/10/16   0,3416
27/10/16   

we still need 1.18btc volume

let's do it guys!!!
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2016, 09:08:54 PM

No news to relay as of yet. I know some of Bittrex's staff is at a convention in Las Vegas. This might slow the response.

EDIT: Based on previous conversation, I do not think "less-volume" agreement is an option. But I do think keeping communication open helps and I have been doing so.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2016, 09:29:32 PM

Any changes would be done in the best interest of the community, specifically long time supporters. Under no circumstance will decisions be made without the consent of the community.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 09:31:43 PM

No news to relay as of yet. I know some of Bittrex's staff is at a convention in Las Vegas. This might slow the response.

EDIT: Based on previous conversation, I do not think "less-volume" agreement is an option. But I do think keeping communication open helps and I have been doing so.

Thanks for the update!

Yes having continued communication with them helps!!
STERLING SENTINEL

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 07:23:59 PM

The price has tanked, yes.  But why?

I tend to think it is because pure POS is not the way to go, but rather SLG should embrace a hybrid, POW/POS option.

By rejecting POW (not, I hasten to add, pure POW!) you are resisting the very step which could reinvigorate SLG and make your original investment worth a LOT more than you paid for it.

You are shooting yourself in the foot.

Please note: I am a big holder of SLG, all bought and paid for, none mined.  I've never mined a coin (of any kind) in my life.

I wouldn't know how to mine, even if my life depended on it, and that's a fact!!

So a switch to POW/POS would affect me in the same way that it would affect any other long-term holder, i.e my holding (as a percentage of the total) would slowly reduce.

However, the absolute value of my holding should greatly increase with the passage of time, as SLG attracts more attention.

I hope we can build a consensus around that position.

Sterling Sentinel

21Caleb68

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 12:40:26 PM

I tend to think it is because pure POS is not the way to go, but rather SLG should embrace a hybrid, POW/POS option.

By rejecting POW (not, I hasten to add, pure POW!) you are resisting the very step which could reinvigorate SLG and make your original investment worth a LOT more than you paid for it.

Please note: I am a big holder of SLG, all bought and paid for, none mined.  I've never mined a coin (of any kind) in my life.

I wouldn't know how to mine, even if my life depended on it, and that's a fact!!

So a switch to POW/POS would affect me in the same way that it would affect any other long-term holder, i.e my holding (as a percentage of the total) would slowly reduce.

However, the absolute value of my holding should greatly increase with the passage of time, as SLG attracts more attention.

Sterling Sentinel

Wish you good luck for future, always hope for the best
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 11:01:48 AM

Sterling Sentinel

The price has tanked because there is no new demand.
The only demand in the market right now is me and the people making volume to not get delisted.

Why there is no demand?
It's been almost a year without a dev making any improvements.
While other countrycoins had followed their roadmap, created services, make easier for merchants to join their movement, social media campaings, etc, SLG have had no improvement. That's why there is no demand and the price has tanked.

Value doesnt come from PoW or PoS, you've got coins using Pow doing very well and others doing very bad, and the same happends with PoS.
value comes from making SLG more usable.
To create value we need to make what other sucesful countrycoins are doing. Focus in the end user. 
That's how they have created value.

If your objective is to attract more attention, what you need to use is marketing. MARKETING.

PoW/PoS is a technical matter is not the salvation of SLG.
It's not gonna explode because of PoW.
We need marketing to attract attention.

I understand perfectly your proposition of creating more coins to create more value. But it doesnt work like that. You need to create value in order to that happen. And you can not rely on changing the algo to create buzz about SLG. We need marketing.

I have previouly stated that I wouldnt mind changing to PoW/PoS if we:
1) Dont make PoW+PoS more than the actual inflation via PoS: 5.5%
2) We stop thinking PoW will make SLG explode. We need to create value and use marketing to promote it.

I do agree PoW can have some revitalizing efects but it wont last long, that's why I'm being such a pain.
I need to see we all agree that PoW doesnt create value.
Value comes from making good services and building a community around it
oneoff

Activity: 148
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 11:48:45 AM

I have fired up my wallet 1.5.1.1. to help keeping this coin afloat on Bittrex.

But it stops syncing at app. 57778 remaining blocks. I have removed the block chain once, used the boot strap, waited over 30h etc. But it keep stoping,  this is my third time I’m trying to get the wallet in sync.

Maybe I should code a Tipping bot, instead of these well-known DDos bots. I would tip your Wallets until these were overloaded.
oneoff

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 05:26:54 PM

But it stops syncing at app. 57778 remaining blocks. I have removed the block chain once, used the boot strap, waited over 30h etc. But it keep stoping,  this is my third time I’m trying to get the wallet in sync.

3 hours later the number has increased "57879 remaining blocks".

Maybe I should code a Tipping bot, instead of these well-known DDos bots. I would tip your Wallets until these were overloaded.
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2016, 03:12:56 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2016, 05:38:51 AM by Sterlingcoin

But it stops syncing at app. 57778 remaining blocks. I have removed the block chain once, used the boot strap, waited over 30h etc. But it keep stoping,  this is my third time I’m trying to get the wallet in sync.

Hi oneoff. First, many thanks for supporting Sterlingcoin, both on Bittrex and by running a wallet. Second, sorry for the slow response to your issue.

I presume you only have few peers. I have to leave my wallet run for a day or more before getting more than 10. Presently I only have 4 because I recently rebooted, or I would post a fresh peers.dat for you.

I will make a fresh snapshot and edit this post with a link to it. Give me some time (1-2 hours) to do that and get it uploaded. My upstream connectivity is very slow.

Again, thank you for supporting Sterlingcoin!

EDIT: http://sterlingcoin.org/2016oct30snapshot.zip (~416 MB) I hope this is found useful.

oneoff

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 06:57:26 AM

But it stops syncing at app. 57778 remaining blocks. I have removed the block chain once, used the boot strap, waited over 30h etc. But it keep stoping,  this is my third time I’m trying to get the wallet in sync.

I will make a fresh snapshot and edit this post with a link to it. Give me some time (1-2 hours) to do that and get it uploaded. My upstream connectivity is very slow.

Again, thank you for supporting Sterlingcoin!

EDIT: http://sterlingcoin.org/2016oct30snapshot.zip (~416 MB) I hope this is found useful.

Works like a charm!

Tips to others, don't forget to backup your wallet before you do anything.

soulgate
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2016, 06:01:31 PM

All 3 team members still alive?  Or maybe only one of them still posting here?  Without active development ...

▄████████▄
                               ▄█████████████▄
                             ▒▓██████▒▒███████░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                            ▒▓█▓▒██████████▒▓██░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                             ▒▓██████▓▓███████░
                               ▀████████████▀
        ▒██░                ▄▄▄▄  ▀██████▀
            ▄███▄         ▄██████▄
            ▀███▀  ▄    ▒██████████░
                 ▄███▄  ▒██████████░
                 ▀███▀    ▀██████▀
                   ▀  ▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀
                     ▒█████░
                      ▀███▀
7%|  Annual Income 
   🔥VirtacoinPLUS🔥 
| X 11    POW | POS 
  Mining. Staking. Rewards. 
|  DECENTRALIZED INCOME HYBRID
    Created for The People.  By The People.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 »
  Print  

Jump to: