Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:59:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 [235] 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.7 | United Kingdom |  (Read 463988 times)
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 07:46:59 PM

Making a split will hurt holders also its only the first dumper that will benefit from it. You cant secure the coin with a split. You still have a kind of inflation when you pay fees for 7BTC trading. And next time they maybe will ask for 10BTC trading. To few holders and PoS means you have to pump and dump your own coin. I could write more but I .....

Nothing are stopping you from making PR for this coin. So start now. With constantly delisting mesages on BIttrex and a unsecure coin. Who will invest in it. And with another 16 miljon coins that can be dumped on investors and make an inflation that can crash this coin to a few satoshi worth. On top of that Cryptsys wallet can come back to life and make huge problems. It can fork SLG.

Your proposal of a split dont solve anything it just worsening the problems and making a huge inflation. What will you call the new coin with more coins NSLG?

You dont understand coins and you dont understand economy. Which coins have you done marketing for and were you succesfull?

lol

dude do you even read what I post?

Because you're always repeting you're FUD without reasoning. 

The first dumper will benefit from it?
lol
such an ignorant... The trade his halted and it restarts in the price stimation. No dumper.

I'm gonna try to explain it to you for the last time.

I'm gonna use the opposite example of the split, the contrasplit.

Why should anyone make a contrasplit? Because they believe there are too many coins.
By reducing the coin supply, you artificially move the price up. So, the value of your holding is the same.

You can reduce the coin supply by 5. And the will increase *5. You will have the same value.

What we are talking about here, is what is the ideal coin supply for real adoption. But you dont seem to understand...

I hope you will understant it, once people came here saying that SLG is too expensive...

I just saw something that I dont like from you. You took a great mans name and put it on a shitcoin. That coin is also in danger od delistning. Your skills are not that good and you should not use Teslas name. I dont think you have skills you just want to get 5 times more coins to dump. Tesla is under 100 sat. And that is what you want to do with SLG.

lol Now I'm really doubting about you intelligence.

So your research says that I took a great mans name and put it on a shitcoin?
Great research asshole, then how you explain this thread, 2 years before I created the new thread?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=778053.0

This is the thread I've created,  with the approval and support of the previous dev who had no more time to dedicate to TES (Teslacoin).
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1529315.0
We are 4 people working to make TES the coin for funding Free Energy and Renewable Energy Projects.
We are funding the development from our pocket.

I see a lot of thing that I dont like from you. Like that you're behaving like a kid who can not make any reasoning.

I thought this was a serious conversation... 

Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 02:56:26 AM

I understand that watching the price go down doesnt look good to you, but you have to understand that you have more amount of it.

Anyway, If you guys (in general, cos I dont see anyone posting) dont understand or like it, it's ok.
Scarcity will make SLG too expensive for the new comers at some not so far point.
But, well, until it's not happening, it's not still a problem

we should just move on to the next topic.
Rols

Activity: 636
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 07:33:01 PM

I agree with you crysx

This coin was a very good coin. It still legit and working but there is a huge lack of interest. Rw13enlib88  thinks steven can fix everything for nothing. Just the rebase takes a lot of time and effort. I have started companies outside internet and one thing is the most importent to know and that is "A product can be superior but if it has no costumer it will fail".

SLG is old. Its hard to make PR for it. It needs some work. It needs something new and that could be a  new algo and PoW. There are also other ways to go but that is more work and it needs more money.Some ppl here thinks that they can sit on their bag and everything will be good. First of all SLG is a global coin. Coins are not limited by borders. Secondly if a coin has a few ppl holding it then new ppl will hesitate to get into it because they are scared of beeing dumped on. SLG coinsupply is to low.

Steven is a good guy. He have been here alone riding the storm. Dont work against him. Work with him or this coin will be dead.

I dont think Steven can fix everything, but he will do his best.

SLG is old and that is good. Do you prefer to use a 7 year old coin or a recently created alt? Cmmon, dont be naive...

It's hard to make PR fot it? lol
Have you heard about nationalism? Brexit?
BoE creating his own digital currency like SLG but with centralization?
https://www.rt.com/business/352280-england-cb-bitcoins-issue/
Do you understand that right now, we are about 10 million people using digital currencies?
Do you understand that we are about 7.000 million people on earth?

First of all, when you compete against thousands of coins you need to focus on a niche. Maybe you dont understand it, because as it seems you dont have any concept of marketing. If you have launched companies outside internet with a good product and you have failed to attract customers is because you dont know anything about marketing.

Second, do people hesitate buying BTC because there are some rich people holding btc?
Third, you're right coinsupply is low. It should be increased but not for the reasons you mention.
It should be increased to fit the new users and dont have one SLG too expensive in €/$/pound
You should learn about monetary policy...

4th, we all agree, we are not here to work against Steven, we are all here to help Steven and SLG, and for sure I'll make my best on it

You are comparing SLG with bitcoin. That is so out of bounds. Bitcoin was not first. We had another in europe and it was in banks. It failed because of funds. Bitcoin had a lot of problems in the beginning. It was called a scam and other things. A lot of ppl are into bitcoins just because they think they will be rich. Before the price rised it was just hardcored computer ppl that was interested in it. Still ppl dont understand the idea about bitcoins. They just want to trade it or with it on exchanges.

You compared it with NLG. That is also wrong. NLG is a scamcoin. They had a large premine that was going to be distributed to ppl. That did not happen. Now they are using that premine to develope the coin. So now it getting less shady. SLG dont have that premine so there is no funds to use for development.

I have succeded with my companies and it is because I have knowledge of PR and economy.

Its hard to get more ppl into crypto because wallets are not easy to use and if you lose your password then your money are gone. There needs to be more development on the clientside before it can be used in a way that more ppl understand.

Your problem is that you dont understand that you can not have the same % of the coins and still develope SLG. There must be more ppl into it and your % have to change. But if it is done right the price will rise and you will benefit from it more than you lose. The main point is that there are no funds and more ppl and more coins needs to be in the community. PoW and algo is one way to go.

Giving more coins to you so you can keep your % will not solve the problems. Sooner or later Bitrex will delist this coin. It dont matter to them that the minimum trades are done. They want to have coins with a future.  

Stop looking at other coins. SLG is a working coin. It has no shady past. It lacks funding and development. Development are costly and takes time. Things needs to be happening soon

- Yes, I'm comparing SLG to BTC, SLG to NLG, SLG to GBP and whatever that help us take perspective.

- 100% of the people involved in BTC wants to make money.
If you just want to improve the world, sell your BTC and keep helping so we can have a better world.
Same stuff with alts.

- NLG didnt mantain their original road map, not sure if that counts as scam, but i dont care. The good point of NLG is that they are actively developing it.

- Congrats for your sucess in those business!

- It's hard to get new users, I agree, that's why we need development.
But you're forgeting the main motivation to attract new people.
FOMO.
It happend before, and it's gonna happen again.

- I understand that I dont want my investment diluted and I understand that you dont understand that chainging the algo or moving to PoW is not a marketing tool. It's the spec of the coin. We need marketing tools!

- Bittrex wont delist SLG.

- If you read my previous posts, you already know that I'm willing to collaborate in the funding with SLG and BTC

There are another benefit to go PoW again and that is increased security.

This coin has more tha one problem and there is not money or time to fix everything at once.
If we go the road some wants and that is to keep their % of this coin and make an split 5:1. That i s bad economy because that is nearly the same as giving near 500% PoS for a year. It will not do any good for this coin and exchanges dont like it and can delist the coin.

There are some security risks that this coin has and the first is PoS with coinage. The second is Cryptsy and it is nearly the same as the first. We dont know who in charge of the wallet and what is going to happend to it. It will get a huge coinage and its a high risk for this coin. Other old wallets are also an risk.

Thats why I insist that a low cost solution are to make a comeback with PoW. You need both to have coinage and the most hashing power to bring this coin down.

One solution are to make 2 coins per block. That would give  1440 new coins/day. Not much to catch and it will help a little with the trades. I would also suggest to change algo. If you reward more than 2 coins/block I think there is no way to avoid a algo change. I also think that a discussion with the other devs to incorperate this coin into the weaver would be possible.

But a very good PR are also needed to get more interest in the coin. I think we can buy 5 coins per block without problem  if algo are changed to the same as darksilk. Devs have the code and it would not be so hard to change SLG. Mining can be done with CPU or GPU.

I also suggest that max coinage will be 30 days.  Discuss it and give steven some inputs.

- "make an split 5:1. That i s bad economy because that is nearly the same as giving near 500% PoS for a year."
dude wtf? It's adapting the monetary base to the users, which should have been done since the beggining...
You understand the market cap will be the same right? so it's 0% increase in your value...

- If coinage is a big problem, I could agree moving to PoW manteining the monetary policy.
Keeping the same monetary policy is basic.

- 2 coins per block = 1440 per day = 525600 per year = 13.5% inflation
2 coins doesnt sound that much for miners but is a 13.5% inflation which is bigger than 5.5% inflation we have right now
You see why I was proposing the 5:1? Because it makes no sense to be more scarce than btc (it still would be with a 5:1 conversion)

- 5 coins per block would be hyperinflation, so nop nop nop, or atleast without conversion. 13.5% inflation sounds too much compared to 5.5%, so 33.8% is less interesting.

Making a split is inflation. Coins will be 5 times cheaper and only bagholders will get the coins. No new ppl will get into the economy with that move and you will not secure the coin from attacks. Investors in companies in my country wants around 15% returns to be interesting for them.  Your proposing of 500% inflation is not good to the coin. You dont understand basic economy but you have to understand that this coin needs both  PoW and PR and that badly.

You're mixing stuff.

- There is no inflation since the value of your holding is the same. So there is no devaluation in your portfolio which is the consecuence of inflation.
Investors can stay calm

- The split is for having more coins. Therefore being less scarce. Therefore more affordable for more people.
No new people included in this movement.
Yes you can say it has 8 digits to be used, but people dont wanna have 0.0005 of something, the wanna have 50 of that.
It's just a matter of perception.

- PoW as you propose is to solve coinage issue and get new people into SLG by mining with CPU and GPU

- PR is to attract new users/developers/investors/merchants.
Make interviews in the crypto and the mainstream media, ads in news site, some kind of contest to promote SLG, etc

You are wrong. You dont want to catch a few coins that maybe dont even make an inflation but you want to do a split 5* that will inflate the coin 500%. You cant catch 16 million coins at once but you can catch a few thousand. If you can make PR like you said then 5 coins per block is nothing and the coins price will rise. This coins need security, more coins and more ppl. Everything cant be solved at once because of funds. Crunch some numbers and see how much you pay bittrex for nothing. How about getting a few coins and help trading. It will not do all but it will make a little movement. New algo, PoW and PR and some more coins will do much. A 500% inflation are crazy. It will destroy this coin and do nothing for it.

again... dude you are mixing stuff.
i'm gonna try to explain it more detailed

1:5 or 5* or split.
One time
More offer and same demand, make the price goes down to 1/5.
Means no inflation to holders becuase you end up having the same value.
The total supply of SLG increase one time.

PoW inflation
Everyday
More offer, same demand. Make the price goes down depending on the % created.
Means inflation to the holders. You end up losing value.
The total suplly of SLG increase every year.

PoS inflation
Everyday
More offer, same demand. Make the price goes down depending on the % created.
Means no inflation to holders becuase you end up having the same value.
The total suplly of SLG increase every year.

Do you see the difference?

There is a reason for each thing.
Dont try to mix them all
I'll already explain which reason is behind what stuff, but here you have it again

- The split is for having more coins. Therefore being more abundant. Therefore more affordable for more people.

- PoW as you propose is to solve coinage issue and get new people into SLG by mining with CPU and GPU

- PR is to attract new users/developers/investors/merchants.
Make interviews in the crypto and the mainstream media, ads in news site, some kind of contest to promote SLG, etc

I dont care that you dont started it. You are a teammember on a shitcoin that is dragging a dead mans name in the mud. That he is dead means he cant deffend his rights.

That coin is under 100 sat that means your marketings skills sucks.

So the split is just so you can try to dump before anyone else. SLG  needs some developement or it gets delisted because of low trading. SLG can be saved.

Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 03:03:59 AM

I just saw something that I dont like from you. You took a great mans name and put it on a shitcoin. That coin is also in danger od delistning. Your skills are not that good and you should not use Teslas name. I dont think you have skills you just want to get 5 times more coins to dump. Tesla is under 100 sat. And that is what you want to do with SLG.

Great research asshole, then how you explain this thread, 2 years before I created the new thread?

This is the thread I've created,  with the approval and support of the previous dev who had no more time to dedicate to TES (Teslacoin).
We are 4 people working to make TES the coin for funding Free Energy and Renewable Energy Projects.

I see a lot of thing that I dont like from you. Like that you're behaving like a kid who can not make any reasoning.

I dont care that you dont started it. You are a teammember on a shitcoin that is dragging a dead mans name in the mud. That he is dead means he cant deffend his rights.

So the split is just so you can try to dump before anyone else. SLG  needs some developement or it gets delisted because of low trading. SLG can be saved.

Stop bullshiting cos you're tiring at this point

I'm done losing my time with you but since you mention Nikola Tesla and the coin I'm involved in, Teslacoin, I'm gonna explain to you what we are doing

Teslacoin was birthed as an ode to the often forgotten electrical genius Nikola Tesla.

Teslacoin is working towards a descentralized and sustainable world supporting Free Energy and Renewable Energy Projects.

Mission: Accelerate the transition to a sustainable energy system by funding Free Energy and Renewable Energy projects though TeslaStarter.

Vision: Let's decentralize the Energy System!!

crysx

Activity: 364
Merit: 260

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2016, 03:28:37 AM

I'm done losing my time with you but since you mention Nikola Tesla and the coin I'm involved in, Teslacoin, I'm gonna explain to you what we are doing

Teslacoin was birthed as an ode to the often forgotten electrical genius Nikola Tesla.

Teslacoin is working towards a descentralized and sustainable world supporting Free Energy and Renewable Energy Projects.

Mission: Accelerate the transition to a sustainable energy system by funding Free Energy and Renewable Energy projects though TeslaStarter.

did you say tesla? ...

where what when? ...

you mean i can stop the planning and development because its already done? ...

Wink ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
Rols

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 06:28:46 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2016, 02:39:33 PM by Rols

This is the thread I've created,  with the approval and support of the previous dev who had no more time to dedicate to TES (Teslacoin).

So the split is just so you can try to dump before anyone else. SLG  needs some developement or it gets delisted because of low trading. SLG can be saved.

And if you could do math then you would see that your split would give so many new coins by minting that its the same as haveing a PoW with 4 coins per block.

Edit: Without developement and PoW, I am not going to buy any coins.
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 08:42:47 AM

This is the thread I've created,  with the approval and support of the previous dev who had no more time to dedicate to TES (Teslacoin).

So the split is just so you can try to dump before anyone else. SLG  needs some developement or it gets delisted because of low trading. SLG can be saved.

And if you could do math then you would see that your split would give so many new coins by minting that its the same as haveing a PoW with 4 coins per block.

I've already explained the difference between PoW, PoS and split. Just read it.
I've already said, that if it's not well understood by the community, it shouldnt be done.
Just read before writting dude
Rols

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 09:10:27 AM

I've already said, that if it's not well understood by the community, it shouldnt be done.

You think ppl are stupid and you are so smart. But you scare ppl away from investing because they know you are going to dump on them. You are not smart.
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 03:01:58 PM

You think ppl are stupid and you are so smart. But you scare ppl away from investing because they know you are going to dump on them. You are not smart.

You're not stupid because you're very good at manipulating what I've said.

Dump it?
Maybe you dont understand why I'm here...
Stop your fud
Rols

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 08:47:45 PM

This coin needs some developement and I hope that will happen. Its sad if it gets delisted from bittrex. Not many coins with known devs.
STERLING SENTINEL

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

"The Best of British!" Sterlingcoin (SLG)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2016, 08:57:31 PM

Has the decision to join Chainworks been taken yet??

I have seen no indication yet on this thread that Steven has signed up to the idea.

Personally, I am 100% for it.

Sterling Sentinel

★ Sterlingcoin ★ REGNUM UNITUM ET ORBIS TERRARUM ★ Sterlingcoin ★
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2016, 08:08:37 AM

I have not heard any objections from the community.

I have seen no indication yet on this thread that Steven has signed up to the idea.

I have not only signed up for the idea, I think it is the only option. I am not only a team member of ChainWorks Industries (CWI), I made the name and am helping to hand-pick its team members. Sterlingcoin needs a reliable and dependable team to support it for it ever to be brought to the position we all know it should be.

Sterling Sentinel

Thank you for your approval. I say, "The yeas have it."

What does this mean to the Sterlingcoin community? Honestly, it means I will not be alone financially or man-hour-wise in moving Sterlingcoin forward. That is the glaring difference under the CWI umbrella. I emphasize, 'umbrella' does not mean 'control'. The website, faucet, forthcoming explorer, social media, exchange communications and domain used will remain as it has been for over a year. Seednodes under the Sterlingcoin domain will remain under my control also. All of which I will certainly only act upon with the community's best interest and blessing.

Again and as previously expressed, this is not a takeover as my colleagues have, with all due respect, abandoned. To be frank, I feel they made this decision long ago and I, always having grand aspirations for Sterlingcoin, was the last to accept having to go it alone. Now, thanks to the formation of CWI, I won't have to. Better stated, I won't have to any longer.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
STERLING SENTINEL

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

"The Best of British!" Sterlingcoin (SLG)

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2016, 10:48:17 AM

Hi Steven.

Thanks for the timely response.

Really glad to hear you’re going ahead with this; I agree that, under the current circumstances, it really is the only way forward for SLG, given that your erstwhile colleagues have moved on.

It was perhaps naïve of some of us (myself included  Roll Eyes) to imagine that you could soldier on alone with such a demanding project. 

I’m sure I speak for the vast majority of the community when I say best of luck with this (and all of your projects!), and here’s hoping 2017 proves to be a 'sterling' year for SLG.

Looking forward to the rebase!!  Grin

Sterling Sentinel

★ Sterlingcoin ★ REGNUM UNITUM ET ORBIS TERRARUM ★ Sterlingcoin ★
mafia

Activity: 641

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 10:09:13 PM

The Sterlincoin Client is using 20-30% of my cpu very often. how can I reduce this?
Rols

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 10:43:42 PM

I have not heard any objections from the community.

I have not only signed up for the idea, I think it is the only option. I am not only a team member of ChainWorks Industries (CWI), I made the name and am helping to hand-pick its team members. Sterlingcoin needs a reliable and dependable team to support it for it ever to be brought to the position we all know it should be.

Sterling Sentinel

Thank you for your approval. I say, "The yeas have it."

What does this mean to the Sterlingcoin community? Honestly, it means I will not be alone financially or man-hour-wise in moving Sterlingcoin forward. That is the glaring difference under the CWI umbrella. I emphasize, 'umbrella' does not mean 'control'. The website, faucet, forthcoming explorer, social media, exchange communications and domain used will remain as it has been for over a year. Seednodes under the Sterlingcoin domain will remain under my control also. All of which I will certainly only act upon with the community's best interest and blessing.

Again and as previously expressed, this is not a takeover as my colleagues have, with all due respect, abandoned. To be frank, I feel they made this decision long ago and I, always having grand aspirations for Sterlingcoin, was the last to accept having to go it alone. Now, thanks to the formation of CWI, I won't have to. Better stated, I won't have to any longer.

Do what you need to do. This coin is too good to be abandoned. I have hopes that you will put some efforts and developement into it so community will start to grow. Its great that you still fighting for it.
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2016, 11:55:59 PM

The Sterlincoin Client is using 20-30% of my cpu very often. how can I reduce this?

Hi mafia,

That is a very high percentage you are reporting. Is the wallet still syncing perhaps? It is normal for CPU usage to be near that range, below 20% in my observations, while syncing. If it is still syncing, allow it to run its course and sync fully. It will then reduce to below 5%.

If it is not still syncing, can you please elaborate as to what OS you are on and what version of Sterlingcoin you are using?

Sorry you are experiencing difficulties. I hope to be able to help you clear them up.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
mafia

Activity: 641

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 07:11:32 AM

Hello SterlinCoin, it is not syncing as it has been on for the last month continuously.

I am using v 1.5.1.1: Lite edition. SterlinCoin client is using more CPU resource than my CCTV software on the same server!
Rols

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 08:12:05 AM

Hello SterlinCoin, it is not syncing as it has been on for the last month continuously.

I am using v 1.5.1.1: Lite edition. SterlinCoin client is using more CPU resource than my CCTV software on the same server!

Some fresh nodes for you

addnode=108.61.216.195
addnode=84.215.7.210
addnode=158.69.27.82
addnode=212.180.171.44
addnode=74.5.143.80
addnode=104.172.24.79
addnode=62.228.194.135
westloin

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 12:45:38 PM

Some fresh nodes for you

addnode=108.61.216.195
addnode=84.215.7.210
addnode=158.69.27.82
addnode=212.180.171.44
addnode=74.5.143.80
addnode=104.172.24.79
addnode=62.228.194.135

I'm having the same problem, it hasn't synced for days. It's stuck at ~4300 blocks remaining.

In what file do I add the nodes?
Rols

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 02:05:00 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2016, 02:16:34 PM by Rols

Some fresh nodes for you

addnode=108.61.216.195
addnode=84.215.7.210
addnode=158.69.27.82
addnode=212.180.171.44
addnode=74.5.143.80
addnode=104.172.24.79
addnode=62.228.194.135

I'm having the same problem, it hasn't synced for days. It's stuck at ~4300 blocks remaining.

In what file do I add the nodes?

In your sterlingcoin.conf file        https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209070509-How-to-access-hidden-folders

AppData\Roaming\sterlingcoin\sterlingcoin.conf
Pages: « 1 ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 [235] 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 »
  Print  

Jump to: