Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:25:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.7 | United Kingdom |  (Read 463979 times)
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2017, 12:22:27 PM

Linux users, please upgrade at your earliest convenience.

Code:
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.a(dso_dlfcn.o): undefined reference to symbol 'dlclose@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
//lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:659: recipe for target 'Sterlingcoin-v1.6' failed

LIBS += -ldl required somewhere in the .pro file (I edited the Makefile, hardly worth submitting a PR, otherwise I would).

Cheers

Graham

Thank you. It will be added.

Cheers!

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2017, 05:09:15 AM

Sorry for the delay on getting the binaries released. Our original plan fell through, but we are well on the way with another. Sterlingcoin v1.6 binaries for Windows and Mac will be released ASAP.

Thanks for your patience!

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2017, 07:25:02 AM

Sterlingcoiners of the Mac variety, http://Sterlingcoin.org/Sterlingcoin-v1.6-OSX.dmg

Sterlingcoiners of the Windows variety, thank you in advance for your continued patience.

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2017, 11:41:54 AM

Hi Sterlingcoiners,

Please do not mistake the lack of communication as a lack of work being done. In the initial builds of the Windows v1.6 wallet, we have uncovered some portability issues. Because there has been many, many commits to the code in the past year and a half since the last build, and some of those commits by people that are no longer in communication, tracking down the source of the portability issue has been a cumbersome task.

We are working diligently to find the proper resolution to the issue and release the Windows v1.6 binaries as soon as possible.

Thank you for your continued patience.

STERLING SENTINEL

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

"The Best of British!" Sterlingcoin (SLG)

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2017, 04:20:39 PM

Hi Steven

Thanks for keeping us informed. 

Us Windows Types will just have to suck it up. Grin

Best of luck with your endeavours.

Sterling Sentinel

★ Sterlingcoin ★ REGNUM UNITUM ET ORBIS TERRARUM ★ Sterlingcoin ★
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 05:54:36 PM

Hi Sterlingcoiners,

Please do not mistake the lack of communication as a lack of work being done. In the initial builds of the Windows v1.6 wallet, we have uncovered some portability issues. Because there has been many, many commits to the code in the past year and a half since the last build, and some of those commits by people that are no longer in communication, tracking down the source of the portability issue has been a cumbersome task.

We are working diligently to find the proper resolution to the issue and release the Windows v1.6 binaries as soon as possible.

Thanks for keep us updated!

I see promotion from June to August, can we start doing a little bit of promotion when all wallets are released?

A banner in Coinmarketcap could help reaching new people.
Geolocalizated in UK to focus on the main users
STERLING SENTINEL

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

"The Best of British!" Sterlingcoin (SLG)

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 11:01:32 AM

Hi Sterlingcoiners,

Thanks for keep us updated!

I see promotion from June to August, can we start doing a little bit of promotion when all wallets are released?

A banner in Coinmarketcap could help reaching new people.
Geolocalizated in UK to focus on the main users

I think that's an excellent idea!!    Cheesy

Sterling Sentinel

★ Sterlingcoin ★ REGNUM UNITUM ET ORBIS TERRARUM ★ Sterlingcoin ★
brownmon

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 03:08:46 AM

Delist Bittrex from the wallet.

Nice phrasing  Grin
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2017, 04:29:05 AM

I am glad that went noticed! Smiley

westloin

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 09:25:59 PM

Hey Steven,
having trouble syncing again after having my wallet closed for a couple of weeks.
Is there an updated bootstrap I could use?

Will you be releasing binaries for the linux wallet?
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2017, 01:34:11 AM

Hey Steven,
having trouble syncing again after having my wallet closed for a couple of weeks.

hi westloin ...

these syncing issues will be a thing of the past when we get the seednodes fully operational ...

due to my being away and working on the relocation / salvage of thefarm - I will be another week away before I can get back and work ... though I will be doing a lot from the background and backend from now on I think ...

steven has a couple of seeds he has setup that SHOULD respond to the hardcoded requests rom the wallet when it starts to sync - so only he can explain what is happening there ... I'm not even going to try and speak for him - as I don't know Smiley ...

cwi will restart work on our backend systems in a week or so ...

#crysx

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2017, 06:52:48 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2017, 08:15:16 PM by Sterlingcoin

Hey Steven,

hi westloin ...

these syncing issues will be a thing of the past when we get the seednodes fully operational ...

due to my being away and working on the relocation / salvage of thefarm - I will be another week away before I can get back and work ... though I will be doing a lot from the background and backend from now on I think ...

steven has a couple of seeds he has setup that SHOULD respond to the hardcoded requests rom the wallet when it starts to sync - so only he can explain what is happening there ... I'm not even going to try and speak for him - as I don't know Smiley ...

cwi will restart work on our backend systems in a week or so ...

#crysx

Hello westloin,

Sorry you are having an issue with your wallet again. Just a thought, I suggest having your wallet encrypted. I know you might already have it encrypted but, if not, encrypting your wallet helps during sync.  When encrypted, your wallet will be not be staking 'automatically' at launch by default. It will try staking immediately for non-encrypted wallets because they can never be locked from staking with no password set from the encryption process. Trying to sync while trying to stake might be causing issues. If you leave your wallet locked while syncing, this possible issue can be eliminated.

Just for clarification, the Sterlingcoin.org.uk seednodes (seed1.sterlingcoin.org.uk and seed2.sterlingcoin.org.uk) are operational. These are hardcoded into all Sterlingcoin versions, previous and forthcoming. Crysx is mentioning additional SLG seednodes that will be on the CWI network. These additional seednodes are hardcoded in the latest version of the source code and will be in all binaries of Sterlingcoin v1.6 as well. These additional seednodes will be online soon and Crysx has made it a high-priority but, recent catastrophes to part of CWI's operations are understandably a greater priority. Of course, we wish him with the best of luck, dealing with that unlucky event.

The latest bootstrap I currently have is a linear bootstrap up to block height 682683, http://sterlingcoin.org/sterlingcoin-682683-bootstrap.dat This is just over two months old but, I used it recently in my test environment and it was fully synced in a 'few' hours. I would give that a go. Be sure you are deleting your peers.dat file when you are deleting the blockchain prior to bootstrapping. As you know well, be careful not to delete your wallet.dat file.

I will put "a statically compiled Linux wallet" and "a more recent bootstrap" on my to-do list, westloin. The more recent bootstrap will be made available asap. In the meantime, I hope my suggestions might be found useful.

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2017, 07:25:28 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2017, 12:47:52 AM by Sterlingcoin

Sterlingcoiners,

I am very pleased to announce, the compatibility problem in the Windows builds have finally been isolated!

Final testing is actively being conducted. V1.6, now v1.6.0.1 technically, will be released for Windows just as soon as these tests have concluded. There is absolutely no reason, no further reason I should say, these test will fail. But is safe practice.

I am sorry for the prolonged delay it has taken to get to this point. Because the person that built the previous version of the Windows wallet is travelling and out of communication, isolating the issue has been a bit of a hunt. I would like to thank Mammix and Bumbacoin for their assistance and testing that has finally lead to the resolution. It could not have happened without their help and it is greatly appreciated.

Do expect Window v1.6 binaries to be made public very soon.

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2017, 03:41:15 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2017, 04:36:17 AM by Sterlingcoin

Important announcement!

In an effort to make the Sterlingcoin data written to disk consistently portable across all operating systems,

A new Mac wallet will be compiled and released in the near future with Berkeley DB v6.1. This wallet will not be compatible with the way data is written to and read from disk of your existing Sterlingcoin wallet (including Mac v1.6.0.0). The new version will be v1.6.0.1 and will need the coins from your prior wallet transferred by ways of either private key exporting / importing or sending the coins to an intermedium and then back to the upgraded v1.6.0.1 wallet that utilises Berkeley DB 6.1. Presently existing Mac wallets utilise DB v4.8. Resyncing will be a requirement also because the data is written to disk in an incompatibility way.

Linux users that compile their own binary of Sterlingcoin are advised to compile with Berkeley DB 6.1 if you wish to ever move your data files to or from a Mac or Windows computer. You too will have to migrate your coins into your new wallet and resync. Of course, you are welcome to keep your current copy of the source code, but please compile with Berkeley DB 6.1 at your earliest convenience, if you expect portability. When statically compiled Linux wallets are made, they will be made with Berkeley DB v6.1 as well.

If you do not have an intermedium Sterlingcoin wallet you trust (exchange or otherwise), I will gladly act as that intermedium wallet for you. Please Personal Message me to arrange that. If you do opt to send to an exchange wallet to migrate your coins, please consider doing a test transaction of a small amount prior. Pease contact me with the details of that transaction and we will get it sorted.

Windows users, no action will be required on your part. You can upgrade to v1.6.0.1 at your leisure as soon as it is released. Your upgrade will not need any migration because you are already using Berkeley DB 6.1. Because of the large time differences between developers involved, those binaries are yet to be in a finalised form. I do expect that within 24 hours. Thank you in advance for your continued patience.

If any user has any questions or concerns about this network-wide (minus Windows) migration to Berkeley DB v6.1, please do not hesitate to voice them publicly here in the thread or privately by Personal Message.

The cause was the Windows wallet being previously made with an incompatible dependency long ago and is now being corrected. I apologise for that inconsistency on behalf of the entire Sterlingcoin dev team.

The solution is bring all versions of Sterlingcoin to the same DB version so that the Sterlingcoin data written to disk by all operating systems will be 'transferable' to all other operating systems by ways of just moving a wallet.dat file and/or copy of the blockchain in raw 'data-as-written-to-disk' form (aka 'snapshot'). The aim is to get the entire network using the same Berkeley DB version so supporting data files could be moved between operating systems and work as expected. Windows wallets already use Berkeley DB v6.1 and this is the source of the confusion that has been slowing the v1.6 rollout. Please do understand this is not a 'blockchain' compatibility problem, but only a 'data written to disk' incompatibility across operating systems.

This is the 'path of least resistance' to migrate the entire network to use the same Berkeley DB v6.1, and on a positive note, we are upgrading the Sterlingcoin network! Thank you in advance for your patience while the needed work is done to correct this and upgrade the Sterlingcoin network in doing so.

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2017, 01:54:58 PM

Sterlingcoiners,

I am pleased to announce, Sterlingcoin v1.6.0.1 for Windows is finally available for download, http://sterlingcoin.org/Sterlingcoin-v1.6.0.1-DB6.1.zip

While upgrading is not required for your existing Sterlingcoin v1.5 to continue to function, because of the many improvements to the code, upgrading is very strongly advised. Please do so at your earliest convenience.

To upgrade, you only need to download and run the new Sterlingcoin-v1.6.exe software instead of your old Sterlingcoin*.exe software.

Backing up your wallet.dat file before any upgrade is always advised.

Enjoy!

CryptoCanary
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006

Canary in the crypto mine!

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 02:25:46 PM

Here is the new Sterlihgcoin v1.6.0.1 wallet running on Ubuntu. On 4/20. At 04:20.

Windows users, you will notice your build date is... 4/20.

Have a nice day, everyone!

Moshen

Activity: 147
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 03:56:25 PM

Here is the new Sterlihgcoin v1.6.0.1 wallet running on Ubuntu. On 4/20. At 04:20.

The wallet does look neat. However with only two seednodes the network remains weak and tacky, I can put up more nodes but will need to spend another half an hour on building linux binaries. It's unlikely that I will do that because I don't have much free time. I'm busy at the moment, nonetheless, If you need an IOS wallet, feel free to contact me, and I will build the one for you.
oneoff

Activity: 148
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 07:56:02 PM

The wallet does look neat. However with only two seednodes the network remains weak and tacky, I can put up more nodes but will need to spend another half an hour on building linux binaries. It's unlikely that I will do that because I don't have much free time. I'm busy at the moment, nonetheless, If you need an IOS wallet, feel free to contact me, and I will build the one for you.

Just installed the windows wallet. Nice!
I'm staking my wallet 24/7. Is there another way to help the network?
Is it possible to support by setting up a seednode? How to?

Maybe I should code a Tipping bot, instead of these well-known DDos bots. I would tip your Wallets until these were overloaded.
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2017, 03:58:00 AM

Just installed the windows wallet. Nice!
I'm staking my wallet 24/7. Is there another way to help the network?
Is it possible to support by setting up a seednode? How to?

Hi oneoff, sorry for the slow response. I was catching up on some much-needed sleep after getting the source code finalised for Windows, it compiled, and released.

Thanks for the compliment! Quite an eyeful, no? Wink I am very proud of the results, especially the statistics on the overview. It is a very attractive design that is turning heads on social media and I hope that does bring Sterlingcoin new interest.

Thank you for staking 24/7 and supporting the network by helping to process the blockchain. Judging by the rising network stake weight the past 24 hours, the new wallet has brought on more consistent stakers. This is very good for the network.

It is possible for you to setup and to run a full node. Add "server=1", "daemon=1", and "listen=1" to your config file and be sure your router forwards port traffic to the host. When you connect to the DNS seednodes, they will distribute your IP to other wallets in search of peers, effectively distributing your node as a seednode. But the actual 'seednode' label is reserved for nodes running in datacenters.

Again, thanks for the support and, very glad you like the new wallet.

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2017, 04:07:23 AM

Mac users,

Your new Sterlingcoin v1.6.0.1 binary is ready. This one built with Berkeley DB 6.1, http://sterlingcoin.org/Sterlingcoin-v1.6-OSX-v1601.dmg

I am very pleased to announce, the new wallet will successfully read your old data written to disk with DB 4.8. It will upgrade the format of the data the first time it reads the files. What this means is, you will NOT have to migrate your coins. Sorry for my previous announcement that you would have to do this, but you will not.

Upgrading is as simple as downloading and running the new software. As with any upgrade, it is advisable to backup your wallet.dat file prior to upgrading.

Pages: « 1 ... 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 »
  Print  

Jump to: