Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:31:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: mining.BitcoinAffiliatenetwork.com-0% PPS + 1 Hour (or higher) Payout Interval  (Read 83113 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
djkyno

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:52:49 AM

Love the color layout and dashboard. Pointing all my available hashrate to them in support!! which means all my 7 and only rockminer!!

New and good pools are hard to find, they are worth the support Smiley
djkyno

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:53:35 AM

I like it! Question, what does the "-B5's" stand for after S3?

~

Guess it means Batch 5 or something
roncutt

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 03:17:51 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2014, 03:45:45 AM by roncutt

I guess not 12.5% anymore. Good ol' days last week, haha.
UPDATE: Back to "normal" at 2.5 PH/s, lol.
ovidus

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 07:41:52 AM

Good pool so far, nice admin, now we only need to crack this block....lol
djkyno

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 11:10:27 AM

You guys are working hard. I only got 6-7 Rockminer to help out. That is my whole SHA256 strength.
s0br (OP)

Activity: 87

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 11:42:27 AM

I got the first payout alright but while waiting to solve the current block I have seen my estimated payout go from about .014 to .0087 when I pulled my miners off the site.  Now my estimated payout has dropped to .0048.  I have never seen a pool drop the estimated payout before.  I realize the site is in beta but is this normal?

Yes, in my experience. It happens when the number of miners increase as it certainly did, because it is proportional. Also we've crossed the estimated expected time for solving the block and as far as I understand this also influences the expected amount. I'm positive about the former, not so about the latter. I went also form ca. .020 yesterday to almost 0.008 today. Sad. Cheers!

Yes it's sad but the payout model now looks at the last 10 rounds.. it'll statistically balance out over time unless math ceases to follow universal rules here...

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/blocks.php

You can see an older pool's statistical variance there... I've been holding my breath just like everyone else I'm sure... it still doesn't change the fact that this round has been extraordinarily terrible...

PPS (Pay Per Share) Bitcoin Mining Pool
0% Fees + 1% Bonus + Merged Mining (NMC - Namecoin) +Hourly Payouts
https://mining.bitcoinaffiliatenetwork.com
bubbabc

Activity: 57

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:53:43 PM

Houston, we have a problem? Is this pool running in a VM or on it's own HW?
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 05:13:25 PM

looks like it but now back in action. c'mon hit some blocks now !
silverthornne

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

SelfPay - ICO PRE SALE - huge Profit !

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 05:25:36 PM

And it's down again, but my miner is reporting shares being accepted so only the front-end seems to be affected.

s0br (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 05:48:25 PM

And it's down again, but my miner is reporting shares being accepted so only the front-end seems to be affected.

There were a couple of users that came in and seemingly were able to submit (possibly) fake work... I'm still investigating this but in the meantime both of their combined shares have been isolated. Their possibly bogus shares are no longer affecting everyone's payouts for the round...

Everything should be fixed now. We'll keep monitoring... we're mining internally too... so rest assured something like this won't go unnoticed!

-droid-
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 06:14:43 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2014, 06:30:25 PM by -droid-

There were a couple of users that came in and seemingly were able to submit (possibly) fake work... I'm still investigating this but in the meantime both of their combined shares have been isolated. Their possibly bogus shares are no longer affecting everyone's payouts for the round...

Everything should be fixed now. We'll keep monitoring... we're mining internally too... so rest assured something like this won't go unnoticed!

i noticed my stats and some other users on the pool were extremely high yesterday

I had some workers on full failover on the pool and some others on via load balance with eligius and bitsolo as the other 2 and they were reporting correct values for the load balance.. so i think the issue is not "users submitting fake work" it was something wrong with the pool stats, if you look back you can see the total pool hash speed jump around alot.  at one point there was a guy with like 1 or 2PH showing in the stats
s0br (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 06:29:14 PM

i noticed my stats and some other users on the pool were extremely high yesterday

I had some workers on full failover on the pool and some others on via load balance with eligius and bitsolo as the other 2 and they were reporting correct values for the load balance.. so i think the issue is not "users submitting fake work" it was something wrong with the pool stats, if you look back you can see the total pool hash speed jump around alot.  at one point there was a guy with like 1 or 2PH showing in the stats

It wasn't the stats alone... I literally moved the shares of these 2 users outside the main tables... and rebuilt all the statistics... it took some time but all the stat interference they contributed to is no longer there.... There are a couple of new things I added in the backend to prevent this sort of thing from happening again. That particular guy and another are no longer part of the pool.

-droid-
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 06:33:10 PM

It wasn't the stats alone... I literally moved the shares of these 2 users outside the main tables... and rebuilt all the statistics... it took some time but all the stat interference they contributed to is no longer there.... There are a couple of new things I added in the backend to prevent this sort of thing from happening again. That particular guy and another are no longer part of the pool.

yeah I noticed the particular guy in the stats is gone, not sure who the other was.. but as long as its taken care of not a huge deal! lets just move on and find a block
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 07:07:45 PM

op is doing a good job !!! keep it up ! now some blocks pls
bubbabc

Activity: 57

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:26:17 PM

I don't have a huge investment in mining HW here, so this is just some feedback in the hope it might be useful.

The wild swings in the stats have been going on since before the 2 problem guys showed up. Now that those 2 are gone I'm still seeing wide swings on the stats. The really bad part from a miner's perspective is you don't know if you're equipment is messed up, or your network is, or the server's network is, or something in between. So that's a problem. I have 4 S1s connected and practially every time I check the Dashboard, at least 1 is missing, sometimes  more. My hashrate goes all the way from 1.1TH to 400GH or none, which is crazy. There's no way 4 S1s can do 1.1TH. When it drops, you can spend a lot of time checking everything which can make you crazy real fast.

Like I said, just some feedback.

roncutt

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:15:00 AM

yeah I noticed the particular guy in the stats is gone, not sure who the other was.. but as long as its taken care of not a huge deal! lets just move on and find a block

s0br, I'm so happy that this matter was mentioned openly in this forum! As soon as I noticed those 2.5 PH/s I've googled the guy's nickname and found him in a couple of forums, but kind of didn't like the atmosphere, so to speak.
I've had not good experiences in a couple pools months ago. I've decided not to mention that and just kept mining, nor didn't want to sound 'paranoid' lol!
I thought those two were part of your team indeed.
As I said, I really appreciate this to have been mentioned, it really helps to build confidence in your projects. Keep up with the good job, man! Cheers to everyone, and c'mon "block", don't be shy!
roncutt

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:31:20 AM

Thanks for the update via email.
Stats are acting funny again or I misunderstood something. The expected earnings at the Dashboard went back to previous days, everything fine up until then, but right after the db maintenance time they plunged again. Probably you're still working on it, sorry for bothering in that case. Just wanted to let you know.
In my specific case it went from ca. 0.017~0.019 down to 0.0091 out of the blue. Workers amount haven't changed that much nor my speed, so I guess it's not in connection with that.
Appreciated!

R.
s0br (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 07:24:13 AM

Stats are acting funny again or I misunderstood something. The expected earnings at the Dashboard went back to previous days, everything fine up until then, but right after the db maintenance time they plunged again. Probably you're still working on it, sorry for bothering in that case. Just wanted to let you know.
In my specific case it went from ca. 0.017~0.019 down to 0.0091 out of the blue. Workers amount haven't changed that much nor my speed, so I guess it's not in connection with that.
Appreciated!

R.

Send me me your BTC address and I'll send you .1 BTC

roncutt

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:17:58 AM

Appreciated!

R.

Send me me your BTC address and I'll send you .1 BTC

Thank you so much s0br, I really appreciate your kind gesture, but I'm of the opinion is not necessary at all in this case.
Please accept my apologies if my post sounded like a complaint, as it was not my intention by any means. Just wanted to let you know in case of any new event taking place. English is not my main language, btw.
Have a great day and let's keep going for that stubborn block. Cheers.
s0br (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 11:46:03 AM

Whoah! Just saw the hashrate hit 3,655 TH/s! It was just about 400 TH/s when I joined a week ago! Very big jump that should help with this stubborn block Smiley

Finally found a block! heh...

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: